Author Topic: Elon Musk  (Read 77104 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Elon Musk
« Reply #1160 on: February 15, 2023, 07:45:03 pm »
It’s down ….yet again…

Seriously, nothing works…

It doesn’t tell me when people reply to my tweets or like them even.

It constantly goes wrong…

Maybe nobody likes or replies to 'em, Teps...  ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1161 on: February 15, 2023, 07:46:10 pm »
Tepid tweets!
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1162 on: February 15, 2023, 07:46:22 pm »
;D I mean fair enough….

But when I click on them I can see that people have replied, it just never tells me.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: February 15, 2023, 07:47:12 pm »
He apparently sat with Rupert Murdoch at the Superbowl, what a pair of cunting shysters.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: February 15, 2023, 07:48:44 pm »
He apparently sat with Rupert Murdoch at the Superbowl, what a pair of cunting shysters.
Yep. And I'm still hoping. :)
I understand that Musk was sat with Rupert Murdock at the Superbowl. I just want Musk to buy News Corp and work his magic there.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1165 on: February 15, 2023, 07:49:10 pm »

So it was a conspiracy to subvert Tepid's digitalia?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: February 15, 2023, 07:51:41 pm »
So it was a conspiracy to subvert Tepid's digitalia?

I wasn’t  there before you ask.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1167 on: February 15, 2023, 08:58:45 pm »
I wasn’t  there before you ask.

;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: February 15, 2023, 10:29:02 pm »
He'd sign Usain Bolt.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1169 on: February 16, 2023, 12:43:19 am »
The delivery cost, if not included, only adds maybe £500 at most in the UK. Generally it’s already included in the ‘on the road’ figure.

The performance 3 is comparable to the I4 on price. I think the i4 m50 and 3 performance are about £2k apart in the UK, which is negligible at their respective price points.

And when it’s £2k difference, the BMW is hands down the better car. It feels £20k more expensive, not £2k. The interior is gorgeous and the driving position is perfect. It has buttons and switches and knobs - big, glorious, tactile knobs! Yes, the Tesla goes further between charges. Yes, the Tesla does 0-60 around half a second faster, but the i4 just feels better in every way, to me.

The supercharger network is currently a big plus, as I said before, but increasingly less so over time as range improves across the board.
Fair enough pal but I’ve never been in any car that was worth paying a huge amount extra for when comparing interior. I’ve not been in an i4 but have been in a lot of BMW’s. I’d give them the edge in a lot of parts but I prefer the seating position, comfort and how much you can see out of the vehicle in the model 3 over a 3 series which is the comparable option.

You also mention the performance model when I’ve been more looking at the base versions in all options. Honestly I don’t think there is anything better than a base model y or 3. This will show in sales figures over the next year because they are a bargain compared to anything.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: March 1, 2023, 12:45:03 am »
Still richest man in the world, how?

It should be quite clear by now that the world is fucked.

Tesla stock picked up because of a new factory in Mexico and rumours of an impending small/cheap model that’s soon to be announced. Given that the roadster and cybertruck are way behind schedule, this thing won’t hit the road for a long, long time. But, fanbois will fanboi.

I see BMW now have a £50k 300mile i4 coming out. More pressure on Tesla in the uk.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1171 on: March 1, 2023, 11:52:46 am »
He's fucked twitter again by laying off so many engineers.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: March 7, 2023, 09:55:59 pm »
what a piece of shite he is .....

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/07/tech/elon-musk-twitter-employee-disability/index.html

Elon Musk publicly mocks Twitter worker with disability who is unsure whether he’s been laid off

Elon Musk publicly scoffed at a Twitter employee’s uncertainty about whether he had been laid off in a recent round of cuts and spoke dismissively of the employee’s disability in a series of tweets Monday night. It’s the latest example of the billionaire openly antagonizing his company’s current and former staffers.

Haraldur Thorleifsson, an Iceland-based Twitter senior director, tweeted at Musk that access to his computer had been cut off nine days earlier, when Twitter reportedly laid off some 200 employees. But, Thorleifsson said in his tweet, “your head of HR is not able to confirm if I am an employee or not.”

Musk responded in a tweet asking, “what work have you been doing?” When Thorleifsson provided a list of his tasks in response, Musk appeared to cast doubt on several points. “Pics or it didn’t happen,” he tweeted. In a separate tweet, the billionaire said Thorleifsson “did no actual work, claimed as an excuse that he had a disability that prevented him from typing.”

Thorleifsson clarified in a tweet that he has muscular dystrophy, a degenerative disease that he says put him in a wheelchair more than 20 years ago. Thorleifsson, who founded a digital branding company acquired by Twitter in 2021, has been recognized by the United Nations and the president of Iceland for spearheading a charitable effort to build 1,000 wheelchair ramps around Reykjavik to increase the city’s accessibility.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: March 7, 2023, 10:13:55 pm »
Well you say that, but this is exceptionally funny

Because this guy sold his company to twitter a few years again for $100m and agreed to work for them and to have the buy price paid to him as a yearly wage over a period.  His reckoning was that he would then pay income tax on it rather than capital gains tax and therefore pay more back to Iceland who got him where he is now.

The catch is, that if fired, twitter were obliged to pay the rest of the $100m in one go to him.

Oooops .
W

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: March 7, 2023, 10:15:29 pm »
Well you say that, but this is exceptionally funny

Because this guy sold his company to twitter a few years again for $100m and agreed to work for them and to have the buy price paid to him as a yearly wage over a period.  His reckoning was that he would then pay income tax on it rather than capital gains tax and therefore pay more back to Iceland who got him where he is now.

The catch is, that if fired, twitter were obliged to pay the rest of the $100m in one go to him.

Oooops .

LOL love it !!  :)

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: March 7, 2023, 10:56:43 pm »
Sincerely hope Thorleifsson properly sues him for divulging private health information on the internet. What a colossal prick Musk is. And, from reading a little about him, what an inspiring person Thorleifsson is.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: March 7, 2023, 11:24:54 pm »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/07/tech/elon-musk-twitter-employee-disability/index.html

Elon Musk publicly mocks Twitter worker with disability who is unsure whether he’s been laid off

Elon Musk publicly scoffed at a Twitter employee’s uncertainty about whether he had been laid off in a recent round of cuts and spoke dismissively of the employee’s disability in a series of tweets Monday night. It’s the latest example of the billionaire openly antagonizing his company’s current and former staffers.

Haraldur Thorleifsson, an Iceland-based Twitter senior director, tweeted at Musk that access to his computer had been cut off nine days earlier, when Twitter reportedly laid off some 200 employees. But, Thorleifsson said in his tweet, “your head of HR is not able to confirm if I am an employee or not.”

Musk responded in a tweet asking, “what work have you been doing?” When Thorleifsson provided a list of his tasks in response, Musk appeared to cast doubt on several points. “Pics or it didn’t happen,” he tweeted. In a separate tweet, the billionaire said Thorleifsson “did no actual work, claimed as an excuse that he had a disability that prevented him from typing.”

Thorleifsson clarified in a tweet that he has muscular dystrophy, a degenerative disease that he says put him in a wheelchair more than 20 years ago. Thorleifsson, who founded a digital branding company acquired by Twitter in 2021, has been recognized by the United Nations and the president of Iceland for spearheading a charitable effort to build 1,000 wheelchair ramps around Reykjavik to increase the city’s accessibility.

https://twitter.com/courtneymilan/status/1633141759063605251

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: March 8, 2023, 08:24:48 am »

I read that original twitter thread without knowing the background, and I thought it was weird at first that the guy engaged with Musk's questions, instead of sticking to his original straightforward query of whether he was still employed.

It looks like he had a good idea of how the conversation would go, and just gave Musk enough rope.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1178 on: March 8, 2023, 08:38:29 am »

I read that original twitter thread without knowing the background, and I thought it was weird at first that the guy engaged with Musk's questions, instead of sticking to his original straightforward query of whether he was still employed.

It looks like he had a good idea of how the conversation would go, and just gave Musk enough rope.

https://twitter.com/courtneymilan/status/1633141759063605251

Have a read through this, seems like he baited Musk and being the thin skinned guy he is, he took it

Musk has now 'apologised' or made up with the employee

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: March 8, 2023, 08:41:56 am »
There’s no defence for musk here. Baited or not is immaterial - he publicly challenged him to write what jobs he does then disclosed private medical information online before calling him ‘the worst.’ His ‘it was other people’s fault’ unapologetic apology is just typical of the thin-skinned narcissist.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1180 on: March 8, 2023, 08:53:26 am »
There’s no defence for musk here. Baited or not is immaterial - he publicly challenged him to write what jobs he does then disclosed private medical information online before calling him ‘the worst.’ His ‘it was other people’s fault’ unapologetic apology is just typical of the thin-skinned narcissist.

Yeah, Musk is a twat and the other guy will undoubtedly be in a stronger position to get some money out of him as a result of this baiting

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #1181 on: March 8, 2023, 09:02:43 am »
Musk always came across as a colossal prick, so insecure that he wanted to turn everything into an argument on Twitter where his following, orders of magnitude over everyone else, could try and drown out any responses. That clearly wasn't enough, so he bought the entire platform and now sets the rules for all of his confrontations too.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: March 26, 2023, 03:08:45 pm »
His investors are going to be made up today after the prick wrote $20b off twatters value.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: April 4, 2023, 04:00:06 pm »
Why is that stupid fucking 'doge' meme showing up all over mine and everyone else's (presumably) Twitter? Aside from the 'following' timeline being all out of whack with tweets from days ago sitting right next on ones posted just now and the semi-regular outages when nothing works.

Feels like everything just exists to be bought up by billionaires and run into the ground for their own amusement these days. I know twitter isn't some vital essential, and is often toxic and shit but still, you'd think 'keeping the site functional' might be useful when purchasing a popular social media site.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2023, 04:03:12 pm by Father Ted »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: April 4, 2023, 04:12:58 pm »
Because Elon is a twat.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1185 on: April 4, 2023, 04:32:25 pm »
Why is that stupid fucking 'doge' meme showing up all over mine and everyone else's (presumably) Twitter? Aside from the 'following' timeline being all out of whack with tweets from days ago sitting right next on ones posted just now and the semi-regular outages when nothing works.
looks likely to be an attempt to game the google algorithms so searching 'elon doge' shows copy paste crap articles about this happening to twitter rather than his efforts to have a lawsuit against him thrown out of court last week

https://www.reuters.com/legal/elon-musk-seeks-end-258-billion-dogecoin-lawsuit-2023-04-01/

bit like when Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson made those stupid comments about a miniature bus, to distance the search results from the bus with £350 million on the side of it

edit: and WhereAngelsPlay's point too

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1186 on: April 4, 2023, 04:59:54 pm »
looks likely to be an attempt to game the google algorithms so searching 'elon doge' shows copy paste crap articles about this happening to twitter rather than his efforts to have a lawsuit against him thrown out of court last week

https://www.reuters.com/legal/elon-musk-seeks-end-258-billion-dogecoin-lawsuit-2023-04-01/

bit like when Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson made those stupid comments about a miniature bus, to distance the search results from the bus with £350 million on the side of it

edit: and WhereAngelsPlay's point too

:o

Thanks for that. Fascinating stuff  :thumbup
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: April 4, 2023, 06:02:10 pm »
I've seen it suggested that it was supposed to be an April Fools, but they haven't got the staff to even roll out joke updates on schedule

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: April 5, 2023, 10:19:20 am »
I've seen it suggested that it was supposed to be an April Fools, but they haven't got the staff to even roll out joke updates on schedule

Nah, defo what classycara says. He’s gaming the algorithms.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1189 on: April 14, 2023, 03:11:03 pm »
Boring old Ford getting the jump on Tesla (and the rest) for approval to have hands free driving on UK motorways.

Ford launches hands-free driving on UK motorways

Ford drivers will legally be able to take their hands off the wheel on the move after its BlueCruise technology has been approved in the UK.

Ministers have approved the "hands-off, eyes-on" technology for use on certain motorways.

It can control steering, acceleration and braking but a camera will monitor a driver's eyes so they stay alert.
If I still have to watch the road then I'm not that interested.  Once they're fully trusted and I can stare at my phone for the duration of each journey I'll be first in the queue to buy one  ;D

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #1190 on: April 14, 2023, 03:17:09 pm »
Boring old Ford getting the jump on Tesla (and the rest) for approval to have hands free driving on UK motorways.
If I still have to watch the road then I'm not that interested.  Once they're fully trusted and I can stare at my phone for the duration of each journey I'll be first in the queue to buy one  ;D

;D

(It will actually be the rest of us that will have to watch the road more carefully once the automatons are fully 'trusted').

:)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1191 on: April 14, 2023, 03:20:22 pm »
What are people going to do with their free hands now?

I foresee lots more for the traffic police to do.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: April 14, 2023, 03:21:44 pm »

Joking aside, I own a Mustang (petrol) that has 'lane control' that will keep you in lane on the motorway and makes it a real effort for you to change lanes (you really have to want to change lanes) and 'distance control' that applies both engine-braking and the brakes if you get too close to the car in front (you can set what sort of distances/space you want to leave).

I find it really weird to use - and don't use it. I really didn't feel in control.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: April 14, 2023, 03:22:04 pm »
What are people going to do with their free hands now?

I foresee lots more for the traffic police to do.

;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: April 14, 2023, 05:59:18 pm »
The state funded Ford company  ;D

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1195 on: April 14, 2023, 11:00:20 pm »
Quote from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65272929
Ford launches hands-free driving on UK motorways

Ford drivers will legally be able to take their hands off the wheel on the move after its BlueCruise technology has been approved in the UK.

Ministers have approved the "hands-off, eyes-on" technology for use on certain motorways.

It can control steering, acceleration and braking but a camera will monitor a driver's eyes so they stay alert.

Apparently this is what Klopp is getting instead of a Ferrari.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1196 on: April 16, 2023, 11:18:12 pm »
Joking aside, I own a Mustang (petrol) that has 'lane control' that will keep you in lane on the motorway and makes it a real effort for you to change lanes (you really have to want to change lanes) and 'distance control' that applies both engine-braking and the brakes if you get too close to the car in front (you can set what sort of distances/space you want to leave).

I find it really weird to use - and don't use it. I really didn't feel in control.

Have those things on my q3 and think they’re great, to be honest. Adaptive cruise control is a gift on motorways. And the reason you find it hard to change lanes is because you’re not using your indicators!

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: April 17, 2023, 12:55:39 am »
Have those things on my q3 and think they’re great, to be honest. Adaptive cruise control is a gift on motorways. And the reason you find it hard to change lanes is because you’re not using your indicators!

Yes, I know that. I phrased it badly - I meant it won't let you change lanes if you don't mean to (using indicators etc.) - it's sh!t hot at following the lanes.

I still don't like the feeling of 'being driven' though.

:)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1198 on: April 17, 2023, 06:31:07 am »
Got those things on my Subaru Outback, and I absolutely hate it! I have to turn them off every time I drive, and there is no way to make the defaults setting "off" (except for lane change). I hate the automatic distance control, when you have to take an exit between trucks forming a two-lane train (that's California for you). You try to go between them, and there is plenty of room, and when you try to accelerate, the car hits the breaks for you... And if I drive on the lowest distance setting (slow speed), all is fine... Talk about control.

I helped move my son's house a few times, and we have these ditches at the end of the streets for water runoff. Where his place was, I had to back through the ditch, and the car locked up. The first time it happened, I thought I hit something, but the Subaru has a vety high clearance. Then, we figured out that it was the automatic break, which was engaged because the car thought I was running into a wall... I had to disable that from the screen every time I went there, all 10-15 trips... Fucking hell!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 06:34:09 am by farawayred »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: April 17, 2023, 10:19:51 am »
I very much agree on that!  I use it nearly all of the time on A-roads and motorways... mostly just tracking the vehicle in front up to the speed limit (+10%...).

The long slog to the in-laws in central France used to be much more tedious with trying to hover around the speed limit on nearly empty toll roads and with long stretches of up/downhill motorway.  I twice got caught speeding just through lazy lead-foot.  Now the adaptive cruise control takes care of all that and I just point the thing in the right direction.

Fully automated seems a way off but the incremental driver assistants are good.  Hearing Tesla fanboys proclaiming that Musk/Tesla invented them all is fun too!