Author Topic: Elden Ring  (Read 19800 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Elden Ring - Released 25/2/22 (Please use Spoiler tags!)
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2022, 11:10:51 am »
Get your ass on DS remastered Andy while you wait. :)

Haha! I think I'll tackle the DS trilogy once I've completed Elden Ring mate  ;D

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2022, 12:17:56 pm »
Sold 12m copies in 2 weeks of release

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2022, 03:14:10 pm »
Got to the final boss in about 130 Hours then realised there's huge bits I've completely neglected in the end game, giving it a break for now - will treat it as DLC later.

Can't decide if I prefer Elden Ring or Dark Souls 3. The latter is a tighter experience with better bosses but Elden Ring is so engrossing, not enjoyed a game so much in years - though it does have serious balancing issues as you get to the late game. Co-op was also pretty shite in Elden Ring by comparison, they really needed to re-work it to cater for open world. These are small complaints overall, luckily I had no issues on PC either.

1. Dark Souls 3 / Elden Ring
2. Dark Souls Remastered

I need a Bloodbourne Remaster for PC.
:D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2022, 04:37:36 pm »
Still to do anything in this game. Have about 30 twenty minute sessions, but it’s not grabbing me at all. I need to make an effort to get out of the initial area at least.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2022, 05:24:06 pm »
Yep I'm in the 5th or 6th area now, there's absolutely loads to do, get exploring!

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2022, 07:25:59 pm »
What build are you going for? I usually go with pure dexterity, slicing with katanas. It’s good once it gets going, but hard work at the start.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2022, 07:37:55 pm »
I started as a Prisoner and was going Dex/Int, then did a Rebirth to allow for more Faith to defeat Radahn (sacrificed Vigor, who needs health if you can just dodge), now its all a bit of a mess at lvl 90 so I might do another Rebirth.

I've got a +20 Ol' Reliable Claymore and enjoy ranged combat with Lhutel my spirit summon, so I can see myself keeping the Int but removing the STR and FAI attributes because where I'm at, everyone is saying its all about having a large HP bar.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2022, 08:10:25 pm »
Found a decent place to farm runes, probably around 50k-70k an hour. Trying to level up my strength up to 30 so I can use that weapon the Tree Sentinel dropped.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2022, 01:47:21 am »
I'm using that greatsword the Castle Morne boss dropped. Needed to up my Dex a bit as I didn't put any points into it. I focus nearly everything into Strength/End, but I've just realised that I'm being locked out of some ash summons since I don't have enough FP. I don't think I'm going to put any into Mind since I need too many points for it to be worth it, hopefully, there's a talisman or something that increases my Mind/FP so I can actually use stuff.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2022, 09:16:51 am »
Biiig patch today balancing a lot of weapons and magic, Arcane weapon scaling, an NPC that was bugged out of the game and adding in endings to a lot of other NPC quests, etc.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2022, 09:36:36 am »
Damn, lot of stuff there!

https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/elden-ring-patch-notes-v1-03

Notice of Update Distribution
We are distributing an update to improve the stability of gameplay and to adjust balance.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but please apply the latest update before you enjoy the game.

Targeted platforms:

PlayStation 4
PlayStation 5
Xbox One
Xbox Series X|S
Steam
Major Changes Included in the Latest Update
Additional Elements Added
Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.
Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic's Veil.
Added night background music for some open field area.
Bug Fixed
Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining item after boss battle.
Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
In situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.
Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions.
Fixed a bug which incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield's weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
Fixed a bug which causes Fire's Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect.
Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight's Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
Adjusted the visual effect of Unseen Form spell.
Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in previous patch.
Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
Fixed a bug that causes incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
Fixed a bug which causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
Fixed bugs which causes incorrect visual and behavior for some enemies.
Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor.
Text fixes.
Other performance improvement and bug fixes.
Balance Changes
Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.
Increased shield's effectiveness.
Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.
Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta's Greatbow/ Loretta's Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp's damage and increase cast time.
Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash's self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame's damage.
Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate's Charge.
Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit's behavior pattern.
Other enemy and weapon balance changes
The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as follows:

App Ver. 1.03
Regulation Ver. 1.03.1
Online play requires the player to apply this update.

We will continue to provide improvement update in the future so you can enjoy "ELDEN RING" more comfortably. Please stay tune for more news.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 09:41:07 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2022, 09:41:41 am »
Nerfs to Mimic Tear, Bloody Slash and Hoarfrost Stomp - expected to be honest :D i'd already stopped using them because they were trivializing so much content
Those spell changes look good for caster types. Haven't played one myself but under the impression you get looooads of pretty looking spells but few are actually very efficient compared to the default spells.
Most interested with those NPC quest updates. Seems a strange thing to be adding quest content in such an early patch - not complaining! Just think I might've...killed some of those NPCs already.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 09:52:08 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2022, 09:42:32 am »
The quest was bugged apparently, this is them fixing it. I haven’t really looked at any guides but it seems like everyone’s been killing that NPC lol.

Shame it doesn’t seem like they’ve fixed the stuttering yet though. Glad I’ve weaned off Bloody Slash though.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2022, 10:58:29 am »
The quest was bugged apparently, this is them fixing it. I haven’t really looked at any guides but it seems like everyone’s been killing that NPC lol.

Shame it doesn’t seem like they’ve fixed the stuttering yet though. Glad I’ve weaned off Bloody Slash though.

have you tried switching to Windowed Borderless? fixed my stuttering

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2022, 11:30:41 am »
Jump attacks are verging on OP, I have to say.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2022, 11:31:51 am »
Found a decent place to farm runes, probably around 50k-70k an hour. Trying to level up my strength up to 30 so I can use that weapon the Tree Sentinel dropped.

Ruin-Strewn Precipice is decent for farming.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2022, 01:51:04 pm »
RIP Mimic Tear, you served me well. :'(

Jump attacks are verging on OP, I have to say.

Jumping attacks with power stance / dual wield long swords takes it to another level.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 01:53:21 pm by Kashinoda »

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2022, 10:02:16 am »
This is one of the best games I’ve played.

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2022, 10:33:36 am »
Yeah, potentially best ever for me. Still got a ways to go hopefully, already have that feeling where I'm trying to slow down and savour everything after binging the first few days, as I know I won't experience anything like this again for a long time.

Also really looking forward to getting stuck in to some of the other Soulsborne titles after this, even though I know they won't be as good as this. Feel like maybe Bloodborne would be the least jarring? Or just go right back and start with DS1.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 10:35:53 am by Dench57 »

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2022, 10:58:07 am »
It's pure mad.  Binged it a bit yesterday, I'm 12 hours or something in and haven't even beaten Margit yet...  Could last a while, this one

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2022, 11:05:21 am »
Yeah, potentially best ever for me. Still got a ways to go hopefully, already have that feeling where I'm trying to slow down and savour everything after binging the first few days, as I know I won't experience anything like this again for a long time.

Also really looking forward to getting stuck in to some of the other Soulsborne titles after this, even though I know they won't be as good as this. Feel like maybe Bloodborne would be the least jarring? Or just go right back and start with DS1.

Having not played this yet but I have played Bloodborne and Sekiro, I'd say jump into Bloodborne first because by all accounts DS1 is slower combat.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2022, 11:18:40 am »
It's pure mad.  Binged it a bit yesterday, I'm 12 hours or something in and haven't even beaten Margit yet...  Could last a while, this one

I didn’t even attempt Margit until I was like level 23.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2022, 11:19:24 am »
Having not played this yet but I have played Bloodborne and Sekiro, I'd say jump into Bloodborne first because by all accounts DS1 is slower combat.

Bloodborne has an absolute bastard of a starting area like.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2022, 03:20:00 pm »
Im 28 hours in, beat Margit about 10 hours back but mainly been exploring and levelling up, I’d already found my way to Liurnia before beating him though.  I can see myself going well over 100 hours in this,  probably the best game Ive ever played.  Similar to other From games but also completely different, quite a staggering achievement.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2022, 08:09:37 pm »
Apparently there's random walls that take a number of hits before revealing a hidden area.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2022, 09:42:15 pm »
liar ahead

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2022, 10:04:32 pm »
Apparently there's random walls that take a number of hits before revealing a hidden area.

I’ve heard of one, hit it a couple of times and it opens up another area, just in case there isn’t enough to do.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2022, 11:46:29 pm »
This mentions one that you have to hit 50 times  :o

https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-wall?utm_source=twitter
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2022, 11:56:09 pm »
This mentions one that you have to hit 50 times  :o

https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-wall?utm_source=twitter

Wonderfully fucked up if thats the case, I struggle to stay still enough to hit a wall three times.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2022, 05:37:51 am »
I think some people have been a little fast off the mark with calling it the greatest game ever.

It is a great game but so frustrating.

A game should be a thing of wonder and excitement but wanting to punch the consol after death…

I’m currently in some place way harder than my level :) so I’m taking the deaths with good grace here (not much of a pun intended). There is some nice stuff where I am so I’m doing the running and looting and dying routine
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2022, 08:47:15 am »
The usual From Software obfuscating approach to game mechanics is really grating on me. Found a guy selling some Ash of War thingies. No idea which I can apply to what, how they work, what they do. It’s like walking into a shop where everything is sold in unlabeled canisters.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2022, 08:50:34 am »
The usual From Software obfuscating approach to game mechanics is really grating on me. Found a guy selling some Ash of War thingies. No idea which I can apply to what, how they work, what they do. It’s like walking into a shop where everything is sold in unlabeled canisters.
I’ve only played about 5 hours, it is beautiful but frustrating. I’ll probably get back to it at some point. I did collect a couple of different Ashes. Can these be swapped in & out or are you done when you change from one to the other?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2022, 10:05:50 am »
I’ve only played about 5 hours, it is beautiful but frustrating. I’ll probably get back to it at some point. I did collect a couple of different Ashes. Can these be swapped in & out or are you done when you change from one to the other?

They're 100% reusable.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2022, 10:09:50 am »

;D Why don't you just try to apply one and see what happens?

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2022, 10:36:40 am »
There’s a very, very silly bird you can kill that will get you to a million runes in like, half an hour. Can see it getting nerfed.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2022, 10:52:42 am »
;D Why don't you just try to apply one and see what happens?

Sure, if he was giving them away.  ;) As I have to spend money to buy them first, it would be nice to have some idea on what they do. Sekiro had less of this bullshit and it was better for it.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2022, 11:27:01 am »
Sure, if he was giving them away.  ;) As I have to spend money to buy them first, it would be nice to have some idea on what they do. Sekiro had less of this bullshit and it was better for it.

Just give up mate, all you’ve done is moan about it  ;D

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2022, 12:40:33 pm »
Has anyone considered simply getting good?

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2022, 12:53:30 pm »
Has anyone considered simply getting good?

You don't need to git good in ER you just need to overlevel ;D

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2022, 12:56:28 pm »
Just give up mate, all you’ve done is moan about it  ;D

True that. 😁
I’ll stick with it for at least 20-30 hours, see where I am. Might just be a complete overload of stuff paired with a complete absence of goals or direction. I’ll focus on farming a bit and slowly exploring around.