Author Topic: Gini Wijnaldum  (Read 58550 times)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Gini Wijnaldum
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2021, 12:37:33 pm »
Sad to see this thread here.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2021, 12:59:38 pm »
Sad to see this thread here.

Winjandlum's performances at the Euros have certainly put the club under a bit of pressure. A quiet passage to PSG and an uneventful close season would have been the ideal. But Gini is in serious danger of becoming Player of the Tournament and possibly even the winning captain. Whatever the financial sense of letting Gini go for nothing - and clearly there was some sense in this - if this happens and Wijnaldum does continue to produce a starring turn for the triumphant Dutch then LIverpool will be under added pressure to bring in a like-for-like replacement.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2021, 01:02:55 pm »
Him being on 300k a week at PSG doesn't mean that's what he was demanding from us. I think its fair to assume he wanted parity with our top earners. You can debate whether he was worth that. I certainly don't think he's as good as VVD or Salah, but equally their next contracts will be significantly larger, too.

Ultimately paying Gini 10m a year for 3-4 years would be a more cost effective option than buying someone who probably won't be as good and certainly a better option than relying on Oxlade and Naby to finally deliver in their fifth and fourth seasons respectively.

Let's see who we buy though, then we can really judge it. I wasn't keen on letting Can go on a free until we signed Fabinho about a week later. Just can't see who is out there to replace Gini really, but recruitment is clearly one of our strong points.

I agree with this  - coming off a strange season where due to a recruitment risk (blunder) of not replacing Lovren, then getting loads of injuries and a players getting covid, losing form and our gamble of playing DCM at CB and eventually ending the season with our 5 & 6 choice CB's. We have an interesting challenge in replacing Gini and freshening up the midfield while also maybe getting another option upfront and refreshing the squad in attack.

As well who we sign it will be interesting to see who we extend this summer and who we let go and/or who we sell to fund other replacements.

We have another challenge in that we need to maybe to have extra cover for our African Nations Cup players (Salah, Mane, Keita)

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2021, 10:47:33 pm »
Him being on 300k a week at PSG doesn't mean that's what he was demanding from us. I think its fair to assume he wanted parity with our top earners. You can debate whether he was worth that. I certainly don't think he's as good as VVD or Salah, but equally their next contracts will be significantly larger, too.

Ultimately paying Gini 10m a year for 3-4 years would be a more cost effective option than buying someone who probably won't be as good and certainly a better option than relying on Oxlade and Naby to finally deliver in their fifth and fourth seasons respectively.

Let's see who we buy though, then we can really judge it. I wasn't keen on letting Can go on a free until we signed Fabinho about a week later. Just can't see who is out there to replace Gini really, but recruitment is clearly one of our strong points.

Gini is on 8.6m a year which works out at 165k a week. Gini wanted to stay badly the problem is he has been too good a team mate when he should have asked for an upgrade after 2 years to reflect his status in the team and the dressing room and instead played out his original contract which was reported at the time to be between 60k to 80k a week. Gini probably thinks he is about 8m down and expected the club to return this loyalty on a new contract but the money men at the club had different ideas. 

We should have upped him a new 5 year deal after 2 years and then we dont lose him for fuck all this summer. Also during Gini's time, Ox and Keita joined the club on bigger wages, Milner and Hendo are on much bigger wages and then last summer Thiago joins on big wages. I think Gini should have been rewarded fairly a long time ago probably around 2018/19 with wages on well over 100k a week to give him parity with Millie and Hendo which would have fairly reflected his performances not only on the pitch but his status in the dressing room.

Can you think of any other midfielder in world football who is an outstanding 8, can play superb as a 6 and as he shows for his country a world class attacking midfielder? I still think Gini is grossly underrated by our fans and the wider football community.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2021, 10:25:00 am »
Gini is on 8.6m a year which works out at 165k a week. Gini wanted to stay badly the problem is he has been too good a team mate when he should have asked for an upgrade after 2 years to reflect his status in the team and the dressing room and instead played out his original contract which was reported at the time to be between 60k to 80k a week. Gini probably thinks he is about 8m down and expected the club to return this loyalty on a new contract but the money men at the club had different ideas. 

We should have upped him a new 5 year deal after 2 years and then we dont lose him for fuck all this summer. Also during Gini's time, Ox and Keita joined the club on bigger wages, Milner and Hendo are on much bigger wages and then last summer Thiago joins on big wages. I think Gini should have been rewarded fairly a long time ago probably around 2018/19 with wages on well over 100k a week to give him parity with Millie and Hendo which would have fairly reflected his performances not only on the pitch but his status in the dressing room.

Can you think of any other midfielder in world football who is an outstanding 8, can play superb as a 6 and as he shows for his country a world class attacking midfielder? I still think Gini is grossly underrated by our fans and the wider football community.
Where does everyone find out player's salary info from?
Isn't it private?

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2021, 04:07:16 pm »
Isn't it private?
If I was earning £8.6m a year I'd be telling everyone to be honest

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2021, 06:06:42 pm »
Isn't it private?
It's almost always guesswork; often the guessing has been done by someone in the media or on a football news site or stats site and people just take it as gospel. Very occasionally there's real leaked info, but not often. Club accounts tend not to specify individual salaries.

Pay little attention to any quoted figures, is my advice
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2021, 10:59:42 am »
Isn't it private?
JAR’s former binman is still doing the same Calderstones round.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2021, 11:01:58 am »

Ever so slightly disingenuous :D

£8.6 million after tax.....which in England would have been about £310k a week.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2021, 11:08:49 am »
Completed 10 passes yesterday, the lowest amount by a Dutch player in euro's history. Probably did loads of unseen amazing work though!

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2021, 11:55:05 am »
Completed 10 passes yesterday, the lowest amount by a Dutch player in euro's history. Probably did loads of unseen amazing work though!

:tosser
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2021, 12:00:43 pm »
Winjandlum's performances at the Euros have certainly put the club under a bit of pressure. A quiet passage to PSG and an uneventful close season would have been the ideal. But Gini is in serious danger of becoming Player of the Tournament and possibly even the winning captain. Whatever the financial sense of letting Gini go for nothing - and clearly there was some sense in this - if this happens and Wijnaldum does continue to produce a starring turn for the triumphant Dutch then LIverpool will be under added pressure to bring in a like-for-like replacement.

Phew!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2021, 12:17:49 pm »
Phew!

Ever the servant, Gini leads his team out with barely a whimper to make his previous employer's lives a little easier!

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2021, 12:31:54 pm »
:tosser

In the last few years Gini has had the same invaluable role that Lucas had before him, in terms of filtering whose opinions are worth reading and whose are utter tripe. Now there's a big gap in our squad from that point of view, Edwards really needs to get on it.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2021, 12:53:09 pm »
Phew!

Pity though. The club could do with that bit of extra pressure. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2021, 03:26:30 pm »
Gini’s performances these Euros and the reactions to them sort of encapsulate internet and social media football fandom to a tee.

From fans being annoyed he’d been ‘allowed to leave’, to fans of other teams who’d spent the last 5 years pretending he wasn’t very good despite the fact he’d contributed to winning so much, declaring him amazing after scoring a few goals and what an idiot Klopp was for having him play a different role, to him now being utterly hopeless cos he had a bad game along with the rest of his team (and head coach).

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2021, 08:08:03 am »
Pity though. The club could do with that bit of extra pressure. 
I think his work in this context is done.

Edwards/Klopp are on it by all accounts with a media consensus on us triggering the buyout clause on Otavio from Porto.

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2021, 10:00:53 am »
I think his work in this context is done.

Edwards/Klopp are on it by all accounts with a media consensus on us triggering the buyout clause on Otavio from Porto.

I have faith they are on it (whoever they have in mind). Their track record inspires such uncomplicated devotion.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2021, 10:37:16 am »
Last day he's officially an LFC player. June 30 is when all contracts end.  :(

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2021, 03:24:35 pm »

More in line with his Liverpool performances in the second half of last season.

Gini has been a great player for us, but he was becoming a lot more inconsistent over the last season or two.]

Great when he's really on it, when he's not really at it you can be carrying him in midfield.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2021, 08:20:02 pm »
Saw a discussion on Twitter before about our strongest XI next season, wondered why nobody was starting Gini. Probably fuelled more by Erdinger than sentimentality, but still.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2021, 06:47:45 pm »
an interesting interview with Winjnaldum in the Times!

When Georginio Wijnaldum bade an emotional farewell to Anfield in May, he walked through a 44-strong guard of honour comprising Liverpool players, Jürgen Klopp and staff. Xherdan Shaqiri was first to embrace the Dutchman, Klopp conducted the fans’ serenading of their beloved midfielder before he was presented with a commemorative plaque of the “Champions Wall” of club trophies. “I had to fight against my tears,” Wijnaldum recalls.

Liverpool loved him, he loved them and yet he was leaving. Speaking for the first time about the reasons behind his departure, Wijnaldum talks excitedly over Zoom from Parc des Princes about his new project at Paris Saint-Germain, and their “obsession” with the Champions League, but also with frustration of how his time at Liverpool ended as he “did not feel loved”. But by whom?

The players adored him, and posted heartfelt messages to their friend. Klopp admired Wijnaldum so much he gushed that “we have built this Liverpool on his legs, lungs, brain and his huge, beautiful heart”. Staff at Anfield, Melwood and Kirkby respected a friendly, ego-free professional. Fans revered him, appreciating his selfless work for the cause.

All remember fondly Wijnaldum’s 22 goals, 15 assists and 237 appearances over five seasons. They remember joyously when he struck twice on an unforgettable night against Barcelona in the semi-finals of the Champions League in 2019.

“Every day in training and in the game I gave everything,” Wijnaldum says. “Liverpool meant so much to me.” So why did he leave? “There was some moment when I didn’t feel love and appreciated there,” he reflects. “Not by my team-mates, not the people at Melwood. I know they all loved me and I loved them. It was not from that side, more from the other side.”

The other side? Did Liverpool’s board and the owners, Fenway Sport Group, push hard enough to keep a 30-year-old, offering a long enough contract? Did PSG, beating Barcelona to the free agent, simply make Wijnaldum a three-year offer that he could not refuse? Was it FSG or PSG, or were some of Liverpool’s legion of followers on social media the reason for Wijnaldum’s sorrowful departure?

“The fans in the stadium and the fans in social media were two different things,” he continues. “In the stadium, I can say nothing bad about them. They always supported me.

“On social media if we lost I was the one who got the blame — [claiming] that I wanted to leave. There was a moment when I was like, ‘Wow, if they only knew what I was doing to stay fit and play every game.’ You cannot complain because that is your job. But other players might have said, ‘I’m not fit.’ You get players in their last year who are like, ‘I’m not playing because it’s a risk.’ I did the opposite. I didn’t always play good but after the game I could look in the mirror and say, ‘I trained hard to get better.’

“There was a moment when I didn’t feel loved. In the last two seasons I had it a few times. The media didn’t help. There was a story like I didn’t accept the [Liverpool] offer because I wanted more money, and the fans made it like ‘OK, he didn’t get the offer so he doesn’t try his best to win games.’ Everything looked like it was against me. Some moments it was like, ‘Wow, me again?’

“My team-mates never had the feeling that I let them down or was taking the piss. For the manager, I was someone he was really sure he could trust. It also helped because I could play in different positions and do it well in different positions. I’d give everything.

“I got so much love not only from the fans but the manager and the players, the people who worked at the club. Players came to me saying, ‘This is your last training session, this is your last week at the club.’ It was really difficult and also emotional. A lot of time I had to fight against my tears. The love everyone showed [during and after that final game, against Crystal Palace] was beautiful.”

On June 7, before he captained Holland at the European Championship, Wijnaldum signed for PSG. “They showed me love and how much they wanted me to join this club,” he explains. “That’s the thing you want as a player. That’s really important and how much effort people put in first to sign you and help you settle in real quick.”

He smiles at the mention that PSG are “obsessed” with winning the Champions League. “Well, I have to say that I’m also obsessed to win the Champions League because I’ve seen how great it is and how beautiful, but now even more,” Wijnaldum replies.

“There is an obsession here to win all titles and be the best team in the world. I had the same at Liverpool. The Champions League, they wanted to win but the league was a must.”

He gives insight into his driven nature, relating his anger at starting on the bench against Barcelona. “When I came on [at half-time], [Klopp’s assistant] Pep Lijnders told me, ‘When we build up, you have to come as a back three.’ In my head, I was like, ‘No, no, no, I’m not going to do that. I just try to be up front, trying to score goals.’ I was so angry that I wanted to do my own thing and in the end it helped.”

In the final, Liverpool beat the Tottenham Hotspur of Mauricio Pochettino, now PSG head coach. “What makes him so good?” Wijnaldum considers. “The way he lets his team play at Tottenham and also here at PSG, with attacking football, he wants to press high. He wants to do all things that fans love to see. What impressed me the most about Pochettino is the way he works with players, the way he wants to improve the player. I’m really excited to work with him.”

here

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2021, 06:51:02 pm »
It was ridiculous the abuse he was getting from fans. Every starting XI he was in towards the end you had people complaining.

Worst was the Alisson goal and dickheads on Twitter/forums/podcasts deciding Gini not reacting how they wanted was another stick to beat him with.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2021, 06:55:15 pm »
So he left because of some 14 year old keyboard warriors on Twitter, out of the tens of millions of our supporters on social media?

Nah, I'm not having it.  He's gone down in my estimations with this shite.  Just leave gracefully and quietly, or if you have to speak then admit it's about the money and length of contract.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2021, 07:01:55 pm »
Hmm, not sure what to make of that. I'm not having it either. If he was getting racist abuse then that would absolutely be abhorrent. But if he was just getting (unjustified) abuse for his performances, surely someone of his age and experience can just try and tune those dickheads out. As he himself has said, it didn't come from the supporters at Anfield. It probably came from the far fringes of Twitter. Absolute scum who live to pour abuse over anyone and everything. Not real Liverpool supporters.

He didn't leave because he was "unloved," he left because he was offered more money elsewhere. And then when PSG stepped in with an even more shit load of money, he went there. If Anzhi Makhachkala had stepped in with even more, he'd probably have gone there as well. I have no ill feelings towards Gini. It's an offer most of us would take to be fair but anything else is just an excuse.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 07:03:29 pm by Caligula? »

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2021, 07:02:02 pm »
So he left because of some 14 year old keyboard warriors on Twitter, out of the tens of millions of our supporters on social media?

Nah, I'm not having it.  He's gone down in my estimations with this shite.  Just leave gracefully and quietly, or if you have to speak then admit it's about the money and length of contract.

Agree

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2021, 07:02:59 pm »
What a load of utter shite from him. Hoping he isn’t thick enough to think he won’t get dog’s abuse at PSG either, but I doubt a few 12 year old kids posting memes actually had anything to do with his decision to leave.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2021, 07:07:31 pm »
What a twat.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2021, 07:10:44 pm »
It was ridiculous the abuse he was getting from fans. Every starting XI he was in towards the end you had people complaining.

Worst was the Alisson goal and dickheads on Twitter/forums/podcasts deciding Gini not reacting how they wanted was another stick to beat him with.

His performances the second half of last season (particularly that losing run) were dreadful. There were games were he barely completed 10 passes in a game, his stats were awful and we were basically playing with 10 men when we were already missing Hendo and Fabinho in midfield.

You could cut him some slack because he'd been ran into the ground playing every game, but for me he wasn't putting in maximum effort. If you don't do that then you'll get stick. You're paid well enough.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2021, 07:16:36 pm »
I am not having that excuse. Performance criticism in social media is completely expected and happens to every single player. You can't state that as a Major reason to move on. I do agree that criticism does go overboard on social media, but it's not a new thing, an I just suspect that with no fans in the stadium, that noise got a bit amplified, but someone like Gini is old enough and smart enough to not take it that much to heart. I am sure it affects players, especially the negative stuff, but in today's day and age, part of being a professional footballer is learning to deal with that crap. Love Gini, but I am not buying this.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2021, 07:17:34 pm »

yeah, it’s a weird thing to pick out, cos at the end of the day, surely he knows the type of ‘fan’ that is active on such platforms.  If he actually think they represent Liverpool, then that’s truly sad. 

Doesn’t excuse the shit that goes on there of course, and I do actually quite like the fact he calls them out,  but to say that was part of it, is odd. Cos he’ll get it just as bad at PSG.   He can’t be that thin skinned.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2021, 07:19:23 pm »
His performances the second half of last season (particularly that losing run) were dreadful. There were games were he barely completed 10 passes in a game, his stats were awful and we were basically playing with 10 men when we were already missing Hendo and Fabinho in midfield.

You could cut him some slack because he'd been ran into the ground playing every game, but for me he wasn't putting in maximum effort. If you don't do that then you'll get stick. You're paid well enough.

I wouldn’t say he received more criticism than the average footballer in any team with high expectation, and he certainly received much more praise. When you think of Wijnaldum you certainly don’t think of a maligned or criticised footballer. At all.

In fact he was widely recognised as one of our best players in the first half of the season.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2021, 07:21:33 pm »
Cant say I blame him. Plenty of stinking c*nts in our 'fanbase' calling him a twat, giving him abuse directly on twitter etc. Dirty rats.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2021, 07:25:18 pm »
Obviously some of the behaviour from our online fans is unacceptable, but if this is a genuine top concern for him, he clearly has very little understanding of PSGs online and even match-going fanbase.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2021, 07:25:49 pm »
If he thinks PSG will be any kinder to him for a "bad" performance then he's deluding himself.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2021, 07:37:36 pm »
What a load of shite.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2021, 07:49:14 pm »
First....don't bother with social media. It's full of shite at best.

Secondly, if you do bother with social media have a thick skin because no matter how good you are someone will give you stick.

Poor excuse from a decent man. However, it does smell of going to the highest bidder.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2021, 07:57:49 pm »
bullshitting fucker.....id have respected him more if he'd just come out and said he was desperate for the skiploads of dough a move would bring....blotted your copybook there lad
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2021, 07:59:43 pm »
Very weird article. I'm not sure how any party - Gini, his agent or the reporter and the newspaper - think they come out of it well.

Whoever's idea it was has had a stinker
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2021, 08:05:03 pm »
I'm interested in the Barcelona game - he usually followed instructions to the letter under Klopp so it was strange to see him totally ignore what was given to him in the match and do his own thing. I mean it worked out but still a little odd to read.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.