Author Topic: Things you find..weird  (Read 63240 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Things you find..weird
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2021, 11:17:09 am »
I sometimes send a few emails later in an evening these days but don’t do it to look good, in fact sometimes it probably makes me look disorganised but I don’t really care anymore! But these days I might finish around 4 if I have to pick up from school so will then pop online later to catch up on a few bits.

And the stuff I work on has deadlines which are essentially my responsibility and if I don’t hit them it would be an issue so will occasionally work late to catch up on time wasted on here (arguably not enough hours in the day I know).

Agree with the wider point that more senior management wouldn’t know you or give a shit.

Same.

I'm always sending work emails to customers late at night.  After watching TV or whatever most nights I spend an hour before bed catching up with no distractions.

Don't think my bosses give a shit what time i contact customers as long as the work is done.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2021, 09:55:39 pm »
People

Not knowing the origins of the word wyrd. It's like it's all fate or something.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2021, 09:19:29 am »
people who are always smiling

why?

it really annoys me

as do people who constantly laugh

knew a guy who would laugh at the start of every sentence!!!! unfortunately only stopping when i told him a joke

weird

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2021, 09:55:27 am »
people who are always smiling

why?

it really annoys me

knew a guy who would laugh at the start of every sentence!!!! unfortunately only stopping when i told him a joke

weird

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2021, 10:21:33 am »

weird

I don’t find not laughing at your jokes that weird mate  :-X

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2021, 10:30:53 am »

A bit of the old He-He

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2021, 10:52:31 am »
Workaholics. Guy at my last job regularly did 50/60 hours overtime each month, for me that's insanity. Live your life a little instead of being a slave for some corporate c*nts who don't even know you work for them. Reminds me of my nephew who's 16 but works pretty much every evening on top on going to college all day which means we rarely see him now.

Also people who take their job too seriously to the point they start checking emails on weekends and can sometimes be found online at 10pm.

I agree with you about the emails at odd hours.

But some jobs you just have to do overtime or not do the job. We used to often do a 70 hour week, sometimes more, working away at different sites. The site would hand over on a certain date and everyone has to be out by that time. So you had sparkies, painters, chippies falling over each other and staying till whenever. Its just the norm. Unfortunately the client, if they were a big firm, would just look elsewhere if someone "let them down" so to speak. Its all so cutthroat in certain sectors.

I do a lot less now as I am in the workshop but think nothing of doing a 50/55 hour week, but Ive done overtime for 35 years so dont think nothing of it.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2021, 12:23:05 pm »
I find this genuinely weird...
I plug my Iphone charger into my phone; doesn't work.
I take it out and turn it over; still doesn't work.
Take it out again and turn it over to the first side I tried; starts charging  ???

With my new phone, the first time you plug it in it comes up with a mad charging time ranging from anything like 4 hours to 15 hours! Then you take it out and put it back and it goes a bit lower, then the third time it's a more reasonable 50 minutes or something. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
Weird things you see when you're out and about
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2022, 08:29:45 pm »
Prompted by something I saw today that had me scratching my head.

I'm walking past some gardens and look in at the nice flowers etc as I go by. Gets to one garden and they've got loads of garden ornaments of various british wildlife. As I pass I nose at them...

"Ah, nice, a badger, a fox, ooh that's pretty good, a squirrel, blue tit, chaffinch, deer...T-Rex...wait, what!? What the fuck has he got a T-Rex in amongst that lot for?"  :o

Mystified.
Perhaps he plays games when everyone is asleep.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
Re: Weird things you see when you're out and about
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2022, 08:44:05 pm »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2022, 10:00:15 am »

I'm walking past some gardens and look in at the nice flowers etc as I go by. Gets to one garden and they've got loads of garden ornaments of various british wildlife. As I pass I nose at them...

"Ah, nice, a badger, a fox, ooh that's pretty good, a squirrel, blue tit, chaffinch, deer...T-Rex...wait, what!? What the fuck has he got a T-Rex in amongst that lot for?"  :o

Mystified.

If he's anything like my dad, he probably started off thinking 'Ahh a badger, and a squirrel will look nice and tasteful' and then 'Oooh a fox, that'll go with the badger and squirrel' and then 'Ok I've obviously started a bit of a theme, I'll get a few more' and then his shithouse kids saw he'd started buying garden ornaments and thought 'Won't it be funny if we start getting him silly garden ornaments for Fathers Day' and so he's ended up with a T-Rex (and there's probably a gnome threesome, a dragon, a gorilla and a metal flamingo hidden away round the back).
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2022, 11:42:12 am »
Think they've got a kid or grand kid who's brought that t-rex in. Try explaining to a three year old that t-rex's don't belong with the other animals in the garden.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2022, 03:50:38 pm »

Mystified.

Everton fan?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2022, 05:41:40 pm »
There's a house by me with a big, fuck off stone dragon in the front.

Hey, for all I know, it deters burglars

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2022, 07:08:48 pm »
A clip from Love Island showed up on my YouTube feed, so I started watching a few more. I actually get the appeal of some reality shows. I used to really like Big Brother in the early days.

Now, granted I’ve only watched a few short clips, but this is offensively bad. It’s depressing that there is any kind of audience for this, let alone a mainstream one. If you enjoy it you shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2022, 07:41:30 pm »
A clip from Love Island showed up on my YouTube feed, so I started watching a few more. I actually get the appeal of some reality shows. I used to really like Big Brother in the early days.

Now, granted I’ve only watched a few short clips, but this is offensively bad. It’s depressing that there is any kind of audience for this, let alone a mainstream one. If you enjoy it you shouldn’t be allowed to vote.
I've never watched it myself but I always see it "in the news".

It's actually such a simple idea for a show that was always guaranteed to pull in the punters..
Girls like shows about relationships, and boys like to look at girls in bikinis... so combine the two and voila you have most couples up and down the land finally able to watch something together without either complaining!

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2022, 09:13:16 pm »
I've never watched it myself but I always see it "in the news".

It's actually such a simple idea for a show that was always guaranteed to pull in the punters..
Girls like shows about relationships, and boys like to look at girls in bikinis... so combine the two and voila you have most couples up and down the land finally able to watch something together without either complaining!
Reason I posted about it in here is because it really is just weird.

Do a load of men and women really just walk around a big house all day wearing bikinis and swim shorts while talking about who they like? If the only content is a daily highlights show then I think it's likely the whole thing is orchestrated.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2022, 09:26:38 pm »

Its on right now in our house :butt

My missus watches this, Ex on the beach, Real Housewives of some fucking place or another (what a bunch of twats most of them are) and all other such shite. No idea why she watches it, but she does. Its not like she's thick or anything like that, she just enjoys this kind of crap. Had an ex who is probably head of a secondary school now. Masters degree and she watched all this kind of shite too.

I just end up taking the piss out of the dickheads on it
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2022, 09:30:34 pm »
It probably is orchestrated. I had some dealings with a TV show years ago, not a reality TV show as such but along those lines. The crew literally planned and paid for things to be done to make things a bit more interesting for viewers and also flipped certain things via careful editing to create their own narratives. Proper sneaky stuff that was. It really opened my eyes up to the inner workings of these kinds of things.
But I'm with you. I don't watch anything 'reality' and don't get how so many people follow these things...but then, I'm also aware of what we live amongst.  :butt

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2022, 09:40:44 pm »
It probably is orchestrated. I had some dealings with a TV show years ago, not a reality TV show as such but along those lines. The crew literally planned and paid for things to be done to make things a bit more interesting for viewers and also flipped certain things via careful editing to create their own narratives. Proper sneaky stuff that was. It really opened my eyes up to the inner workings of these kinds of things.
But I'm with you. I don't watch anything 'reality' and don't get how so many people follow these things...but then, I'm also aware of what we live amongst.  :butt
You’ve got to tell us more …..!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2022, 09:49:24 pm »
Michael Owens daughter is in the last one BTW, wtf is that all about? He won't be happy if she's shagging on telly like most of them end up doing on the show.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2022, 10:15:50 pm »
Its on right now in our house :butt

My missus watches this, Ex on the beach, Real Housewives of some fucking place or another (what a bunch of twats most of them are) and all other such shite. No idea why she watches it, but she does. Its not like she's thick or anything like that, she just enjoys this kind of crap. Had an ex who is probably head of a secondary school now. Masters degree and she watched all this kind of shite too.

I just end up taking the piss out of the dickheads on it
I feel you. My missus is also into similar crap.

I've got a mate who's a psychologist and he basically said - and I'll paraphrase here! - that women are generally hard-wired into being very emotional, empathetic, sympathetic etc. etc. so they have a tendency to want to empathise with others and 'feel others pain' etc.
That makes them more interested in relationships and drama etc. than men, generally. It's like they have an excess of love to give out and an excess of compassion for others. If they can't utilise this on their friends and family they will also utilise this on people they see in these TV shows as a recipient of their attention.
Compassion is a great quality to have. If men had more of it the world would be a better place.
Unfortunately, whoever produces these 'crap programmes' also know how to tap into this aspect of women and there you have it.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2022, 10:17:27 pm »
Reason I posted about it in here is because it really is just weird.

Do a load of men and women really just walk around a big house all day wearing bikinis and swim shorts while talking about who they like? If the only content is a daily highlights show then I think it's likely the whole thing is orchestrated.
Please tell me it's not so!  :shocked
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2022, 10:19:33 pm »
Seconded...

Michael Owens daughter is in the last one BTW, wtf is that all about? He won't be happy if she's shagging on telly like most of them end up doing on the show.
Big Twatty Wankstains?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2022, 10:22:28 pm »
There's a house by me with a big, fuck off stone dragon in the front.

Hey, for all I know, it deters burglars
Now that is a weird coincidence!
There's a house round our way with a big fuck off burglar in the front.
And it deffo deters Dragons coz I've never seen one around here.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2022, 10:23:18 pm »
Love Island is just toxic, I have no idea what the concept behind it is except a bunch of wannabe models with about 3 GCSE's between them looking for a shag.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2022, 10:45:46 pm »
Love Island is just toxic, I have no idea what the concept behind it is except a bunch of wannabe models with about 3 GCSE's between them looking for a shag.
Stop with the gender stereotyping will ya  :no
Not all men are like that you know  ::)

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2022, 10:54:58 pm »
I feel you. My missus is also into similar crap.

I've got a mate who's a psychologist and he basically said - and I'll paraphrase here! - that women are generally hard-wired into being very emotional, empathetic, sympathetic etc. etc. so they have a tendency to want to empathise with others and 'feel others pain' etc.
That makes them more interested in relationships and drama etc. than men, generally. It's like they have an excess of love to give out and an excess of compassion for others. If they can't utilise this on their friends and family they will also utilise this on people they see in these TV shows as a recipient of their attention.
Compassion is a great quality to have. If men had more of it the world would be a better place.
Unfortunately, whoever produces these 'crap programmes' also know how to tap into this aspect of women and there you have it.
That’s a really interesting theory.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2022, 11:16:08 pm »
Stop with the gender stereotyping will ya  :no
Not all men are like that you know  ::)
I was talking about the women. The men only have two GCSE's between them.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2022, 11:57:47 pm »
I was talking about the women. The men only have two GCSE's between them.
;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2022, 10:54:52 am »

I really hope he has some terrible Wacaday story to tell

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2022, 11:12:31 am »
Interesting point to be fair.

Dogs > Cats

Big cats >> big dogs

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2022, 11:19:42 am »
Interesting point to be fair.

Dogs > Cats

Big cats >> big dogs

Things I find weird... this post in this thread.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2022, 11:23:40 am »
Things I find weird... this post in this thread.

Yep. How the fuck did that happen? :D

In my defence I lose track of which posts El Lobo is spouting shit in (pot/kettle etc).

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2022, 11:36:05 am »
People who wear polyester on warm/hot/boiling days.

This includes footy shirts.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2022, 03:32:07 pm »
If the only content is a daily highlights show then I think it's likely the whole thing is orchestrated.
No shit, Sherlock  :)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2022, 03:43:37 pm »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2022, 01:10:09 pm »
A pet rabbit escaped from a house down the road last night. My (adult) kids were out trying to catch it so I wandered down to see what they were doing. Next thing a cat wanders out, clocks the rabbit and goes nuts. The rabbit pegs it, the cat legs after it down the road, as it gets close the rabbit does a u-turn and leaves the cat on its arse. The rabbit starts legging it back towards me with the cat in pursuit again. The rabbit bombs past me fast as fuck, so I prevent the cat from getting past me. The cat swerves in to a garden and tries to get round me a different way so I block it again and chase it up the road.

Fucking hell, it was mad. Never in my life have I seen a cat chase a rabbit up a road, funny as fuck :)

The rabbit hid under a couple of different cars while we tried to entice it out with carrots.

In the end we couldn't catch it, even though a load of people from another house came out to help, so gave up. Some of the neighbours are going to go out today and find bits of carrot all over their drive and wonder what the fuck has been happening.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2022, 01:11:41 pm »
A pet rabbit escaped from a house down the road last night. My (adult) kids were out trying to catch it so I wandered down to see what they were doing. Next thing a cat wanders out, clocks the rabbit and goes nuts. The rabbit pegs it, the cat legs after it down the road, as it gets close the rabbit does a u-turn and leaves the cat on its arse. The rabbit starts legging it back towards me with the cat in pursuit again. The rabbit bombs past me fast as fuck, so I prevent the cat from getting past me. The cat swerves in to a garden and tries to get round me a different way so I block it again and chase it up the road.

Fucking hell, it was mad. Never in my life have I seen a cat chase a rabbit up a road, funny as fuck :)

The rabbit hid under a couple of different cars while we tried to entice it out with carrots.

In the end we couldn't catch it, even though a load of people from another house came out to help, so gave up. Some of the neighbours are going to go out today and find bits of carrot all over their drive and wonder what the fuck has been happening.

:lmao

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2022, 03:00:16 pm »

Are you Wallace or Gromitt?