Author Topic: Hogwarts Legacy (Feb 2023)  (Read 10428 times)

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
Re: Hogwarts Legacy (Feb 2023)
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2023, 01:03:59 am »
Really enjoying it. The combat is more advanced than I was expecting. Also, I thought the gameplay would be choppy, but it’s held up well so far.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2023, 08:35:06 am »
So much more immersive with the minimap turned off.

Really impressed by the game. Runs smoothly with very little pop-in on console.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2023, 04:23:39 pm »
Finally unlocked the first of the Unforgivable curses. It takes a while. My character's at level 22.

Spoiler
Just keep doing Sebastian's quests whenever the show up. That's how you get Crucio. Of course I ended up using it immediately  ;D
[close]
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2023, 04:37:35 pm »
Finally unlocked the first of the Unforgivable curses. It takes a while. My character's at level 22.

Spoiler
Just keep doing Sebastian's quests whenever the show up. That's how you get Crucio. Of course I ended up using it immediately  ;D
[close]

Spoiler
Only just done this and can't wait to use it. I take it you also chose to use the curse on your mate rather than let him do it to you. Hehe. Its fun playing this as an evil bastard. I'm basically saving all my talent points for dark arts skills
[close]

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2023, 05:06:16 pm »
Spoiler
Only just done this and can't wait to use it. I take it you also chose to use the curse on your mate rather than let him do it to you. Hehe. Its fun playing this as an evil bastard. I'm basically saving all my talent points for dark arts skills
[close]

Spoiler
Make sure you've unlocked all the spell slots first though. It's a pain switching spells pressing right otherwise
[close]

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2023, 04:08:50 pm »
Spoiler free tip would be to put a bit of time into clearing bandit camps. The chests you find in them give traits that can be added to your gear which will improve some of your spell damage massively. Its the tier 3 traits you want for your legendary gear so maybe save before opening these chests so you can reload if you get a rubbish one.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2023, 07:05:28 pm »
Spoiler free tip would be to put a bit of time into clearing bandit camps. The chests you find in them give traits that can be added to your gear which will improve some of your spell damage massively. Its the tier 3 traits you want for your legendary gear so maybe save before opening these chests so you can reload if you get a rubbish one.
Bandit camps!? What is this, RDR!?

I've only played three hours so far. Need to get to Hogsmeade to get my bits. Will probably have a good session after the match.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2023, 07:40:02 pm »
Why is the game forcing me to move a cursor around to go through the menus? Can I turn it off?

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2023, 12:15:49 am »
Why is the game forcing me to move a cursor around to go through the menus? Can I turn it off?

You can use the D pad to flick up and down sections or left and right to change the map. Much quicker.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2023, 11:44:10 pm »
This game is so much fun. And eats up time like no game I’ve played in ages! Just realised I’ve been playing for about 4 hours in the blink of an eye tonight

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2023, 08:56:41 am »
Worth a dabble if you haven't read/watched any HP at all?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2023, 10:03:11 am »
Worth a dabble if you haven't read/watched any HP at all?

Sure yeah. Just that all the little easter egg moments won't have the same impact.The story's not connected at all

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2023, 12:16:50 pm »
A question for those that have played it...

My wife is a big Harry Potter fan, but she is no gamer and has no interest in gaming at all. She has enjoyed watching the HL trailers though and is intruiged. She said she would be tempted to have a play.

When I start the game tonight I'm going to ask if she wants to be involved or at least watch.

The question is, is it good at the start or is there loads of admin, character customisation etc? Ie... Would a non-gamer get bored?
Just an update on this.

She is hooked. She's around 6 hours of play time I reckon. She hasn't played an open world game before so it took a while at first, especially with controlling the camera with two analogue sticks! She was driving me mad :lmao

She's a natural now though.

Me, I'm loving it. I'm a little bit a head of the wife but we are playing it slightly differently. It's fun to swap stories of what we have discovered, but no story spoilers!

I'm loving all the Easter eggs.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 12:19:51 pm by Fabulous_aurelio »
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2023, 01:49:26 pm »
Nearly at the end of the story now so slowed down a bit and been doing more side quests and exploring.

Spoiler
I basically got to the point where you've unlocked all the unforgivable curses and then stopped so I could just mess around with them in the open world. Shout out to Sebastian btw, just a fifth year student who casually knows all of the curses to teach you. What a guy.
[close]

It's crazy how OP you get towards the end with the right upgrades. Even on hard I'm destroying waves of enemies in seconds.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 01:51:12 pm by Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x »

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2023, 11:28:24 am »
Nearly at the end of the story now so slowed down a bit and been doing more side quests and exploring.

Spoiler
I basically got to the point where you've unlocked all the unforgivable curses and then stopped so I could just mess around with them in the open world. Shout out to Sebastian btw, just a fifth year student who casually knows all of the curses to teach you. What a guy.
[close]

It's crazy how OP you get towards the end with the right upgrades. Even on hard I'm destroying waves of enemies in seconds.
How many hours have you been playing to get to that point?

Im on 17.5 hours and Im still not on my broom yet! Storywise, I've just met Scope. Was that his name?
"Salahs in here......"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2023, 12:43:32 pm »

Im on 17.5 hours and Im still not on my broom yet! Storywise, I've just met Scope. Was that his name?

Close. Scrope.

How are you not on your broom yet after that long though  ;D Have you just been running around exploring

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2023, 02:32:48 pm »

I'm at 30 hours now and have one main mission left I think

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2023, 02:41:47 pm »
I'm at 30 hours now and have one main mission left I think

Is there any replayability to the game?

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2023, 02:42:23 pm »
Close. Scrope.

How are you not on your broom yet after that long though  ;D Have you just been running around exploring
I just kept thinking Scrote. :lmao

I actually don't have a clue. I think it's because I've been so excited I've just been pottering about, excuse the pun.

But also, I do have a habit of leaving the game open and paused whilst I'm doing other things, like playing guitar or cooking. A terrible habit in this climate I know!

Hows everyone found the game?

My main gripe is that the common rooms down particularly serve a function.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2023, 02:47:05 pm »
Is there any replayability to the game?

I'm probably the wrong person to ask as I rarely replay single player games.

Obviously you could go back and choose a different house as each one has a unique quest at some point. You could also go back and play a different build if you're into that sort of thing.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2023, 02:53:58 pm »

Obviously you could go back and choose a different house as each one has a unique quest at some point. You could also go back and play a different build if you're into that sort of thing.

Hmmmm ok something to think on, i'm still like 50/50 on getting it.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2023, 04:44:08 pm »

The stupid thing is that the game doesn't create an autosave for you before the hat-ceremony or at least lets you skip the long as fuck tutorial part, if you decide to start again. I was on the fence about what house to choose, so I wanted to pick a different one after I had made my initial choice. Tried to find an autosave, but couldn't find one and also couldn't find a way to skip the game-start. So, I just stuck with my initial choice as I couldn't go through the lengthy tutorial again.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2023, 05:35:41 am »
Well this sucks. I think I was 3-4 quests away from completing the main the story and my save game got corrupted somehow. Have to start all over again, just doesn't load.

Remember to make periodic manual saves, people

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2023, 09:05:53 am »
Well this sucks. I think I was 3-4 quests away from completing the main the story and my save game got corrupted somehow. Have to start all over again, just doesn't load.

Remember to make periodic manual saves, people
No way. That is so unfortunate. Really sorry to hear that. That happened to a friend with Valhalla. It takes a lot to want to go back! What platform were you playing on?

Take comfort in the fact we are all manual saving right now because of you!
"Salahs in here......"

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 19, 2023, 11:23:44 am »
PS5. Never happened on any game before.

But at least it's a fun game so replaying won't be a chore

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2023, 05:18:08 pm »
Apparently there's supposed to be one house-specific quest at least

I'm playing as Hufflepuff in my new playthrough because
Spoiler
you get to visit Azkaban!
[close]

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2023, 08:02:25 am »
Created a new character last night cos I wanted to play the Hufflepuff mission.

Really annoying that you can't save until after the Sorting Hat so you have to play the annoying tutorial stuff at the start.

Also starting again has made me realise that the early game is by far the strongest part. Even the second time running round exploring Hogwarts is still great fun. The further you get into the main story the less time you spend in the school which is a shame as the huge open map just isn't that interesting when compared to Hogwarts.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2023, 08:14:23 am »
I'm glad you've said that about not being in Hogwarts as much later in the game. It'll encourage me to explore a bit more for all the secrets now.

I've not had any real big sessions on it yet other that the first time I played it, but last night I did the Slytherin quest which was enjoyable, and can now assign traits. It's also opened up the flying quest which is exciting!

I tell you what though, there is nothing more satisfying that summoning the ancient arts.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2023, 09:24:01 am »
I really like the spell combos you can pull off

Glacius + Bombard FTW!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #149 on: February 23, 2023, 09:35:51 am »
First time in this thread, sounds like the missions and side characters alter quite a bit depending on your house which is good for playing through again.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2023, 03:27:54 pm »
I really like the spell combos you can pull off

Glacius + Bombard FTW!
Outside of the world design, that's been my favorite part. More advanced than I expected and there's a lot of fun to be had toying with enemies.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2023, 04:47:43 pm »
Yeah so much fun with spells, I like using the disillusionment charm then throwing an imperio at an enemy and watching the fun

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2023, 05:40:05 pm »
I've enjoyed it but I'm not a big fan of the Voice work, I find myself flicking through on my phone while a cutscene plays.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2023, 03:02:45 pm »
I'm making my way through the game at a leisurely pace (I'm rubbish basically), and I have to say that the third trial was beautifully made.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2023, 03:17:56 pm »
I'm at the stage where I've recently aqquired my broom, I have unlocked the room of requirement and there's loads of quests opened up.

I don't know whether to bugger off on my broom and explore or concentrate on the main quests for a bit to get more spells in my repertoire.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Wolverine

• Main Stander
« Reply #155 on: March 5, 2023, 02:44:25 pm »
The first few hours in  I though this was going to be an amazing game but once the magic wears off and you see past the smoke and mirrors, the story is pretty boring and the dialogue is poor. The campaign is also very short and the game just feels like a ubisoft style game rip off , making you do chores of side quests and endless collectibles to get significant play time.

Think im done with open world games,  just give me more tight narrative story based games with epic action instead of when 90% of the content is just fetching 100 merlin trials and 5000 field pages.

I do agree that Hogwarts is amazing but the rest of the world is bland. I would rather have had a Bully style Rock star game just focused on the school mainly and a better story and characters.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2023, 03:44:40 pm by Wolverine »

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2023, 12:14:27 pm »
I really and enjoying playing this and there is a lot to live about the game.

I would recommend to anyone that as soon as they get their traits, get the additional spell slots. It makes things a hell of a lot easier.

Also....this isn't really a spoiler, well, not a story spoiler anyway.
Spoiler
It's just turned Autumn in the game for me and it looks incredible. I also love how the music has changed with the season. A lovely touch.
[close]
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2023, 02:25:32 pm »
Almost done with the game now. It's been enjoyable and I don't have any defining issues with the game (something that has been rare the last 10+ years!). I would have liked to have seen more variations in the types of enemies one can encounter, ideally more special/legendary creatures. Also, like many others have said, the voice acting has been pretty terrible :D

However, my biggest gripe has probably been the looting system. They've implemented one of the worst things from the Assassin's Creed-series. Interesting locations, that seemingly could hold a deep mystery, instead rewards your efforts with a random, underpowered piece of clothing without any special qualities. I'd much rather have a The Witcher-approach where you can build a set depending on various tasks and actions. Mind you, I really appreciate the option to equip a piece of gear, but change the appearance to another item (or to not have it visible at all).
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2023, 11:04:07 am »
I'm on a bit of a break from Howarts Legacy (more into European Truck Sim 2 at the moment), but overall it's an enjoyable game. My biggest gripe though is with the difficulty or at least how the game treats you as the player. I don't really think it's a hard game even for someone like me, who's not a particularily skillful gamer or who doesn't really like "challenging" games like all those Souls-likes. I very much feel like they have tried to make it a game most people can enjoy whether they're absolutely new to gaming or whether they are hardcore gamers. All in all, I think they have achieved that. One thing that really pissed me off while playing was how the game treated me like I was a complete idiot while playing. From those constant reminders about how equipping better gear can help you defeat higher level enemies to all those "subtle" hints your character drops while you're trying to solve a puzzle. Again, I'm not a huge puzzle-solver, but so far I've managed to solve everything the game threw at me. I don't need my character to tell me after only a handful of minutes and for the tenth time that it appears those portals seem to have different environments behind them depending on what way you go through them. Yeah, thanks. I've figured that out five minutes ago, just let me figure out now how tha can help me solve the puzzle...

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2023, 11:18:54 am »
Almost done with the game now. It's been enjoyable and I don't have any defining issues with the game (something that has been rare the last 10+ years!). I would have liked to have seen more variations in the types of enemies one can encounter, ideally more special/legendary creatures. Also, like many others have said, the voice acting has been pretty terrible :D

However, my biggest gripe has probably been the looting system. They've implemented one of the worst things from the Assassin's Creed-series. Interesting locations, that seemingly could hold a deep mystery, instead rewards your efforts with a random, underpowered piece of clothing without any special qualities. I'd much rather have a The Witcher-approach where you can build a set depending on various tasks and actions. Mind you, I really appreciate the option to equip a piece of gear, but change the appearance to another item (or to not have it visible at all).

I was thinking this yesterday. Not yet finished, but really enjoying the game overall. I find exploring and collecting in this much better than in other open world games.

The voice acting is obviously terrible, but the looting is just hilarious. Yesterday I was in one of the cave bits, found a butterfly, found where the butterfly went, turned the thing and had to jump across a ledge at the right time... got to the giant loot box and got something like 63 coins. It was baffling  ;D

Really enjoying the game though and that little things can change depending on your house. I think it's more enjoyable than the new God of War.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks