Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 52180 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Taylor Swift
« Reply #40 on: March 2, 2021, 12:58:30 pm »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
:D

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: March 2, 2021, 01:07:49 pm »
Erm, that is literally what she did though. I'm sure even Calvin Harris who is one of her ex boyfriends tweeted after splitting up telling her not to make a record about him or something.
I mean singer writes song about relationships isn't exactly ground breaking content. For whatever reason it became a thing and a lazy joke years ago

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: March 2, 2021, 03:40:40 pm »
It's a very lazy joke and lots of people would develop a thin skin about it if it's been going on for 10 years now despite everything that's happened over that period. People get triggered by jokes based on stereotypes and this is essentially stereotyping one person based on something that isn't true or what was completely normal for a 20 something.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #44 on: March 2, 2021, 03:46:58 pm »
how/why the fuck this warrants being an actual news story is anyone's guess...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 2, 2021, 04:18:12 pm »
how/why the fuck this warrants being an actual news story is anyone's guess...

Has she got an album due out?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #46 on: March 2, 2021, 04:37:12 pm »

No. But she isn't making this agenda; she just made one Tweet to Netflix, and news places have kicked it all up into something bigger. Then people unthinkingly jump on the 'oh god, precious princess whining about a joke' bandwagon
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #47 on: March 2, 2021, 04:56:06 pm »

it would appear so...plus she's got a film hosted on Netflix....and Netflix also gets a free bump for a comedy show that no-one would watch otherwise....beaks dipped all round...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #48 on: March 2, 2021, 05:02:11 pm »

No. But she isn't making this agenda; she just made one Tweet to Netflix, and news places have kicked it all up into something bigger. Then people unthinkingly jump on the 'oh god, precious princess whining about a joke' bandwagon

She's criticizing Netflix for being sexist when the show in question is produced, directed and written by women.  :butt

So Netflix gave women a creative platform and they're sexist against women for it?

The Tweet is childish as hell.
:D

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #49 on: March 4, 2021, 12:16:16 pm »
This thread got real sad.

Reacting to a comment in isolation isn't the same as being repeatedly targeted and publicly slut-shamed for almost half your life and being wholly fed up with it. And she isn't doing it just for herself - she is standing up for everyone who experiences that. She is a young woman who has had relationships (like millions of other young women) but gets criticised/mocked/shamed for it.

Someone mentioned that men get called out too for their many relationships. Please, please, please don't say we are saying that men get treated the same as women for having 'many' (how many even is many?!? What is the acceptable number of past relationships someone is allowed to have!?) ex-partners. A woman with 'many' exes gets called a slut. What is a man? A 'womaniser'...? We can all see the narrative and language used for women in those situations are different. Not everyone does it, but enough people do it for their to be an obvious double-standard when it comes to men and women and their dating history.

When she was really young she would write songs about love and breakups and heartache that she had absolutely no experience of - she says that herself. She says she got ideas from movies and books and people around her and used that to write songs when she was really young - like 10/11/12/13 years young. Then when she was older and started dating, she used those experiences to write songs (we largely assume that where she hasn't confirmed) - about her own life. And got crucified for it. 'She just dates people so she can break up with them and write songs about them!' was (and still is) the narrative. Apart from Dear John, I don't think there is a song where you can easily identify an ex partner. The circus around the songs are mainly media and fan driven. Only because I like her and consume a lot of her interviews, I learned that not every song she writes is about her. Sometimes its about the experiences of family/friends, sometimes it's just her mind going off on its own. But it doesn't stop people being lazy and looking into every lyric and trying to attach it to an ex-partner.

This is one interview with Ellen 7 years ago and this is just a snippet of the crap she has gotten her whole life. This is one interview, and probably more light-hearted (dreadful expression but I can't think of another one) than some of the stuff she got/gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRXVuIsVBnI&feature=youtu.be

How was/is this stuff OK? And again, it's one interview. She is an absolute superstar - she gets so much coverage and so much of it was like this. Just an inference that she dated someone, slept with someone. Over 10-12 years that shit builds up - she gets a reputation. It tries to define her. I can't imagine how draining that was/is. And i think now she has just had enough of it and will rightly fight back.

I think she is pissed at Netflix because she did the Miss Americana documentary with them and really opened up about her life and we heard things in her own words for the first time - the sexual assault, the stalkers in her bed, the eating disorder, disappearing for a year etc... I am not sure what their part in all of this is or what they could/should have done if anything, but yeah I think her anger should be directed at the writers of the show. Even if they are women - just because a woman wrote it, doesn't mean it's right.

And hey, it's not even funny. Or current.

I just think it's really lazy and shit for people to look at the line and see her response and go 'Oh she's a bit sensitive - she is overreacting. Silly girl.' Without any knowledge of what she has been through or had to experience. We are so quick just to dismiss people and how they feel in the name of humour and also a tinge of 'she can cry into her mountains of money.'

This is a separate thing, but do people feel remorse or guilt for things they've said/done in the past that they looked back on now and think how wrong it was to take part? I cringe so hard thinking back and the things I would have laughed at and joined in with, to the point you almost feel hypocritical now for judging and hating on people who do it now. I find that a lot in my personal life at the moment - straying from people I don't have things in common with anymore but questioning if that is hypocritical because I never said anything at the time or joined in, something like the comment in question - another time, another person at the centre of it and I maybe would have found it funny or no big deal. Maybe it's just growing up or how things are changing, I dunno, but I think about it a lot.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 4, 2021, 12:17:26 pm »

Because Taylor Swift needs to create a bit of attention before an album drops in order to sell a few copies? LOL.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #51 on: March 4, 2021, 12:43:04 pm »
How is it sexist?

Jokes have been made about men having lots of girlfriends for years. It’s not like only women are picked on for it.

It's mostly less personal in tone though. I mean do men get called, sluts, slags, tarts? Also in some circles it would appear to be far more "acceptable" for men to be like that rather than a woman.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 4, 2021, 12:54:44 pm »
Ciara sorry but your post is null and void as I've watched shows which I have seen jokes being made about Jay Z cheating on Beyonce and neither of them have sought to complain about it. The fact that she is angry with Netflix over this is even more hilarious as they can't go through every show they have on the platform ensuring that no jokes are made about a celebrity with thin skin.

The fact remains, she was going through men a lot at one point in her life. That is neither a criticism or praise, it is what it is.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2021, 12:58:51 pm by AndyMuller »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #53 on: March 4, 2021, 01:01:47 pm »
It's mostly less personal in tone though. I mean do men get called, sluts, slags, tarts? Also in some circles it would appear to be far more "acceptable" for men to be like that rather than a woman.

She didn’t get called any of those names though.

It was a joke that she’s had lots of boyfriends. I’ve seen many jokes made about (famous) guys too in TV shows, movies and lyrics in songs.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 4, 2021, 02:52:55 pm »
Ciara sorry but your post is null and void as I've watched shows which I have seen jokes being made about Jay Z cheating on Beyonce and neither of them have sought to complain about it. The fact that she is angry with Netflix over this is even more hilarious as they can't go through every show they have on the platform ensuring that no jokes are made about a celebrity with thin skin.

The fact remains, she was going through men a lot at one point in her life. That is neither a criticism or praise, it is what it is.

I am honestly horrified.

And I will leave any further discussion on the topic here.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #55 on: March 4, 2021, 03:08:08 pm »

Is it a fact? :D What a bizarre statement. What even is 'a lot'?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 4, 2021, 03:14:30 pm »
Is it a fact? :D What a bizarre statement. What even is 'a lot'?

Er, yeah.

'a lot' is enough to have a joke made about in a sitcom.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 4, 2021, 03:34:34 pm »
Never listened to single song of hers.
Am I missing anything?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 4, 2021, 03:36:46 pm »
Er, yeah.

'a lot' is enough to have a joke made about in a sitcom.

So what's the number? Who decides that X amount is a lot?  ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #59 on: March 4, 2021, 03:40:36 pm »
Am I missing anything?

I thought she sang the intensely irritating 'Call me maybe' but that was Carly Rae Jepson.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 4, 2021, 03:41:07 pm »

The makers of the sitcom who made the joke, obviously  8)

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 4, 2021, 03:42:24 pm »
The makers of the sitcom who made the joke, obviously  8)

The makers of the sitcom who made the joke could have been absolute losers who had a handful of partners in their life and in their mind it's a lot.  ;)

Just because they created the joke doesn't mean it's true in actuality

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 4, 2021, 03:44:16 pm »
The makers of the sitcom who made the joke could have been absolute losers who had a handful of partners in their life and in their mind it's a lot.  ;)

Just because they created the joke doesn't mean it's true in actuality

The key word here being 'joke'. She got pissy over a joke about having multiple boyfriends in her life (which is fact). I couldn't care less if she is a virgin or has shagged the world, what I am laughing at is the fact she is fuming over it.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 4, 2021, 03:45:12 pm »
I thought she sang the intensely irritating 'Call me maybe' but that was Carly Rae Jepson.

I couldn't name a single one, honestly.
Know her last labum is called Folklore - as it was mentioned on RAWK threads.
That's about it.

There is obviously scope for teenage pop stars to grow into serious artists, which some say is what she is doing now.
But as television is no longer a thing, one can easily completely miss upcoming stars and artists.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #64 on: March 4, 2021, 03:47:18 pm »

Romans probably.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #65 on: March 4, 2021, 03:48:10 pm »
I couldn't name a single one, honestly.
Know her last labum is called Folklore - as it was mentioned on RAWK threads.
That's about it.

Folklore is a very solid album.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #66 on: March 4, 2021, 03:59:27 pm »
She didn’t get called any of those names though.

It was a joke that she’s had lots of boyfriends. I’ve seen many jokes made about (famous) guys too in TV shows, movies and lyrics in songs.

I haven't seen the show being talked about, I was talking more generally about how men and women get perceived for doing the same thing.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: March 4, 2021, 04:00:59 pm »
The key word here being 'joke'. She got pissy over a joke about having multiple boyfriends in her life (which is fact). I couldn't care less if she is a virgin or has shagged the world, what I am laughing at is the fact she is fuming over it.

I dont think she got pissy over a joke about just having 'multiple' boyfriends though, did she? I'm sure most of us have had multiple partners.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 4, 2021, 04:02:06 pm »
I dont think she got pissy over a joke about just having 'multiple' boyfriends though, did she? I'm sure most of us have had multiple partners.

Enlighten me then mate, what have I missed?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 4, 2021, 04:11:58 pm »

I don't personally care about the joke or her being upset about it.

The reason I posted it is because your reasoning for it being '' a lot'' is because of a joke created so therefore it must be a lot.  :D

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 4, 2021, 04:14:21 pm »
I don't personally care about the joke or her being upset about it.

The reason I posted it is because your reasoning for it being '' a lot'' is because of a joke created so therefore it must be a lot.  :D

If there is no truth to the joke then why get pissy about it instead of brushing it off?

Both you and Lobo could argue in an empty house  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 4, 2021, 04:17:01 pm »
If there is no truth to the joke then why get pissy about it instead of brushing it off?

How the hell should I know, I'm not Taylor Swift?  :D I'm not arguing, I asked you a light hearted question, it's called a conversation. I suppose anytime someone talks to you in life, you think they're arguing with you?  :D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #72 on: March 4, 2021, 04:17:09 pm »
I'm sure most of us have had multiple partners.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 4, 2021, 04:19:59 pm »

Where was the argument? :D

It was a crap joke anyway. I dont think it was particularly sexist either. Was just interested at your knowledge of how many partners she'd had and what classified as 'a lot'.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 4, 2021, 04:20:02 pm »

How the hell should I know, I'm not Taylor Swift?  :D I'm not arguing, I asked you a light hearted question, it's called a conversation. I suppose anytime someone talks to you in life, you think they're arguing with you?  :D

Nobody talks to me in real life, that's why I'm arguing with you nerds over Taylor Swift  ;)

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 4, 2021, 04:22:23 pm »
Where was the argument? :D

It was a crap joke anyway. I dont think it was particularly sexist either. Was just interested at your knowledge of how many partners she'd had and what classified as 'a lot'.

A quick google would have answered your question.

https://taylorswift.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Taylor_Swift%27s_ex-boyfriends

I'm on 3 partners. That is a lot to me  ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 4, 2021, 04:27:39 pm »
Am I missing anything?

That's a fucking lie!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #77 on: March 4, 2021, 05:01:42 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 4, 2021, 05:07:36 pm »

None more so then Fabinho the shameful deviant.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #79 on: March 4, 2021, 05:32:55 pm »
Just atrocious...

Fuck you, I was quite pleased with that one! :wanker