Author Topic: Lawless Liverpool?  (Read 181309 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Lawless Liverpool?
« Reply #1080 on: December 28, 2022, 07:30:49 pm »
I absolutely did with Paul when he said the same.

Yes everywhere is as bad but it's still amazing how you always here the "Liverpool again" and rarely ever 'London, Birmingham, Sheffield, Nottingham or Leeds again'.

Just been out for a couple of pints with my in-laws Irish relatives and my brother in law from near Birmingham. The Irish lot had a weekend in Liverpool with some golf and loved it. The pseudo Brummie said Liverpool is a bit dangerous isn’t it. Not a competition but that poor lad was stabbed on a dance floor on Boxing Day. Everywhere can be dangerous if you are unluckily in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1081 on: December 28, 2022, 07:57:59 pm »
Just been out for a couple of pints with my in-laws Irish relatives and my brother in law from near Birmingham. The Irish lot had a weekend in Liverpool with some golf and loved it. The pseudo Brummie said Liverpool is a bit dangerous isn’t it. Not a competition but that poor lad was stabbed on a dance floor on Boxing Day. Everywhere can be dangerous if you are unluckily in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Oh I agree mate. 

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1082 on: December 28, 2022, 09:12:28 pm »
Two people are in custody for the 2nd day.
A 30-year-old man and 19-year-old women.

I know the 19-year-old girl's Nan and Dad well.   :o

https://geniuscelebs.com/wallasey-pub-shooting-sam-searson-and-clio-groom/

I used to drink in the pub some years ago, so sad for the girls family and friends.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1083 on: December 28, 2022, 09:58:50 pm »
I used to drink in the pub some years ago, so sad for the girls family and friends.
I was a member of the golf society there about 20-odd years ago.
Never a bother there and it is dreadfully sad.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1084 on: December 29, 2022, 08:50:37 am »
This is it. The amount of shootings, stabbings and murders that happen in London, and I've never in my life heard anyone say "London again" after any of them.

I feel there's a massive confirmation bias going on in this country where so many want to believe anything bad about our city. So much so they shoehorn in incidents that take place elsewhere and make them about Liverpool.

God knows we have enough scumbags here, without those from elsewhere being attributed to our city too.

Well the number is pretty low whichever way you cook it.

2021/22 for instance had the following figures for homicide;  387 total (From https://www.statista.com/statistics/288221/number-of-homicides-uk-by-region/ )

London: 124
North West: 95
West Midlands: 93

And as this article says:

Regional comparisons

  While crime in London has drawn widespread media attention in recent years, the region with the highest homicide rate in England and Wales was the East of England region. The region with the lowest homicide rate was South West England.

Also, this is in a country of 69 million people. Contrast this to the United States (Population: 331 million people - nearly 5 times bigger than the UK) and their homicides (Which if in proportion would be around 1,800 - but in fact is 19,500 which is actually more than fifty times more)

Which shows how safe the UK is.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1085 on: December 29, 2022, 09:02:20 am »
I absolutely did with Paul when he said the same.

Yes everywhere is as bad but it's still amazing how you always here the "Liverpool again" and rarely ever 'London, Birmingham, Sheffield, Nottingham or Leeds again'.

I made sure the missus and kids knew it wasn't Liverpool or Scousers. Its Wirral, yet they keep saying Merseyside on Granada Reports - the snobs over that side if the water wanted a CH postcode, so switch them to Cheshire.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1086 on: December 29, 2022, 10:43:41 am »
I made sure the missus and kids knew it wasn't Liverpool or Scousers. Its Wirral, yet they keep saying Merseyside on Granada Reports - the snobs over that side if the water wanted a CH postcode, so switch them to Cheshire.

Erm - us snobs on the Wirral didn't even ask for a CH postcode - that was absolutely nothing to do with the residents.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1087 on: December 29, 2022, 11:06:25 am »
Erm - us snobs on the Wirral didn't even ask for a CH postcode - that was absolutely nothing to do with the residents.

As I typed that I thought one of you or Jill would be in giving me a kicking ;D

My uncle was one of the snobs I was referring to, born into a family of 6 kids in Everton, no lecky in the house until the 60's, moved to Little Sutton and became a right snobby fucker, him and my auntie wanted the postcode change to distance themselves from Liverpool :butt

I also worked with a fella from Wallasey, he used to go mental if you called him Scouse, "I'm from the Wirral" would be his response, in a Scouse accent :D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1088 on: December 29, 2022, 04:05:19 pm »
As I typed that I thought one of you or Jill would be in giving me a kicking ;D

My uncle was one of the snobs I was referring to, born into a family of 6 kids in Everton, no lecky in the house until the 60's, moved to Little Sutton and became a right snobby fucker, him and my auntie wanted the postcode change to distance themselves from Liverpool :butt

I also worked with a fella from Wallasey, he used to go mental if you called him Scouse, "I'm from the Wirral" would be his response, in a Scouse accent :D
I'm from the Wirral and have loads of scouse mates, who are all sound.
I've worked abroad a fair bit as an entertainer and used to get to meet people from all over. Loads of people from Liverpool, and the majority of them I got on sound with them, but now and again I would get someone usually from far afield places like Huyton or Kirby who would have the nerve to call me a woolly back.
I would then point out to them that I could see the whole Liverpool seafront from our house and ask them what they could see from theirs.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1089 on: December 29, 2022, 04:17:35 pm »
I've worked abroad a fair bit as an entertainer and used to get to meet people from all over. Loads of people from Liverpool, and the majority of them I got on sound with them, but now and again I would get someone usually from far afield places like Huyton or Kirby who would have the nerve to call me a woolly back.
I would then point out to them that I could see the whole Liverpool seafront from our house and ask them what they could see from theirs.

Normally a burning car from ours  ;D

And you are a wool  ;)

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1090 on: December 29, 2022, 04:30:44 pm »
I went to a few Tranmere games as a teenager and was thoroughly confused when the crowd, in a universally broad scouse accent, would sing "We hate scousers, we are the scouser haters"

<insert Spidey pointing meme>

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1091 on: December 29, 2022, 09:09:42 pm »
I went to a few Tranmere games as a teenager and was thoroughly confused when the crowd, in a universally broad scouse accent, would sing "We hate scousers, we are the scouser haters"

<insert Spidey pointing meme>

I can't understand why there are so many Utd fans on the Wirral, there were loads by my uncles in Little Sutton

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1092 on: December 29, 2022, 09:24:33 pm »
I can't understand why there are so many Utd fans on the Wirral, there were loads by my uncles in Little Sutton
That's more Cheshire to me. Wirral has always been Liverpool, Everton then Tranmere in that order in my experience, with the Tranmere element desperately trying to distance themselves from our city, even though many make their living from it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1093 on: December 29, 2022, 09:29:57 pm »
That's more Cheshire to me. Wirral has always been Liverpool, Everton then Tranmere in that order in my experience, with the Tranmere element desperately trying to distance themselves from our city, even though many make their living from it.

Yeah it probably is, its nearer to Chester than Liverpool, but its still odd seeing as its Scouse accents all over the place, it's a few minutes drive to the Port and that looks across the river to Speke, Manchester is fucking miles away. 

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1094 on: December 29, 2022, 09:33:39 pm »
A third man has been arrested in connection now, conspiracy to murder.

It's so sad when you see pictures of poor Elle Edwards and think she's dead because some morons decided to shoot at someone in a packed pub.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-64095523

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1095 on: December 29, 2022, 09:48:26 pm »
A third man has been arrested in connection now, conspiracy to murder.

It's so sad when you see pictures of poor Elle Edwards and think she's dead because some morons decided to shoot at someone in a packed pub.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-64095523
Also, if what I've heard is true, the whole thing was something that could have been sorted with a fist fight.

The two lads who were the actual target were hit, yet it's some poor innocent woman with her whole life ahead of her that lies dead.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1096 on: December 29, 2022, 09:59:45 pm »

Signs that said Kirkby !!

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1097 on: December 30, 2022, 01:41:03 am »

Apparently the CH postcode change was more to do with the posh residents on the River Dee side of Wirral kicking up as fuss, thinking CH postcode would boost house prices over having an L postcode, at one stage even suggesting the County boundary be right down the middle of Wirral [in a north to south direction] which was ridiculous suggestion, in the end the L postcode area on the Wirral was changed to CH
#Sausages

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1098 on: December 30, 2022, 07:01:47 am »
Apparently the CH postcode change was more to do with the posh residents on the River Dee side of Wirral kicking up as fuss, thinking CH postcode would boost house prices over having an L postcode, at one stage even suggesting the County boundary be right down the middle of Wirral [in a north to south direction] which was ridiculous suggestion, in the end the L postcode area on the Wirral was changed to CH

It was because they changed the main sorting office for the area to the Chester Depot.  I live in West Wirral and I can assure you that it was nothing to do with the residents.  Where is this "posh" nonsense coming from?  It's ridiculous.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1099 on: December 30, 2022, 10:32:31 am »
It was because they changed the main sorting office for the area to the Chester Depot.  I live in West Wirral and I can assure you that it was nothing to do with the residents.  Where is this "posh" nonsense coming from?  It's ridiculous.

You’re right. I was working in Wirral at the time the postcode was changed by the, at the time, Royal Mail.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1100 on: December 30, 2022, 11:17:33 am »

Sorry, that's my fault

As a kid growing up in Kirkby and going to my uncles in Little Sutton, I've always seen the Wirral as posh, it was compared to what I knew, nice estates, new houses, people had cars, stuff that was alien to me. My mate grew up in West Kirby in a lovely area, his sister has a big house opposite Hoylake golf course which she rents out when the Open is there, that side of the Wirral is lovely.

I always though Southport was posh, where we moved to was lovely, big tree lined road, massive gardens, no stolen cars on fire, no graffiti or damage.

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #1101 on: December 30, 2022, 11:59:23 am »
Sorry, that's my fault

As a kid growing up in Kirkby and going to my uncles in Little Sutton, I've always seen the Wirral as posh, it was compared to what I knew, nice estates, new houses, people had cars, stuff that was alien to me. My mate grew up in West Kirby in a lovely area, his sister has a big house opposite Hoylake golf course which she rents out when the Open is there, that side of the Wirral is lovely.

I always though Southport was posh, where we moved to was lovely, big tree lined road, massive gardens, no stolen cars on fire, no graffiti or damage.

That bit I've bolded is a pretty low bar for posh like.

Growing up, it was the case that from Bebbington (ish) southward was posh and north of there around Birkenhead was rough.

The story about house prices being the reason for the change in postcode was something I had heard too - makes for a more interesting story than the Royal Mail making the change

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1102 on: December 30, 2022, 12:15:13 pm »
Get out to West Lancs and see what some L postcodes are like.

Rufford, Parbold, Aughton, Bispham etc are all beautiful areas that most average Jo's can only dream of affording to live.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1103 on: December 30, 2022, 12:45:57 pm »
That bit I've bolded is a pretty low bar for posh like.

Growing up, it was the case that from Bebbington (ish) southward was posh and north of there around Birkenhead was rough.

The story about house prices being the reason for the change in postcode was something I had heard too - makes for a more interesting story than the Royal Mail making the change

Tower Hill does set the bar low TBF. The lads at the start of this are all about my age

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EJwVxAlh_ZQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EJwVxAlh_ZQ</a>

My Uncle and my cousing both mentioned house prices when the CH postcode change happened, as did a few lads at work who lived over the water

Rufford, Parbold, Aughton, Bispham etc are all beautiful areas that most average Jo's can only dream of affording to live.

I loved it when I moved to Burscough and got back to having an L postcode. We've a mate who lives in Aughton, she'd rather not have an L postcode - she can be a right snob at times...

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1104 on: December 30, 2022, 01:50:54 pm »

I do remember the local weekly rag with articles with some wanting to change the Wirral area from Merseyside to Cheshire one of the reasoning's was to boost up house prices, one daft suggestion was Wirral split in 2 with the boundary north/south direction, in the end only the postcode changed.

Southport have had votes on whether to leave Merseyside for Lancashire, mostly conducted by Tory party in there clubs, but they always end up losing the vote

In the late 80s, Prescot had a vote to leave Merseyside which was rejected.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1105 on: December 30, 2022, 02:28:12 pm »
I do remember the local weekly rag with articles with some wanting to change the Wirral area from Merseyside to Cheshire one of the reasoning's was to boost up house prices, one daft suggestion was Wirral split in 2 with the boundary north/south direction, in the end only the postcode changed.

Southport have had votes on whether to leave Merseyside for Lancashire, mostly conducted by Tory party in there clubs, but they always end up losing the vote

In the late 80s, Prescot had a vote to leave Merseyside which was rejected.

I well remember the "Southport Lancs - Thanks" campaign, bunch of clueless idiots who pined for a Southport that never really existed in the first place. There was one group called Southport 2000 who did more damage to southport than good - they fought against the Sea Wall, even though it was needed, the coast road was closed about 3 months out of the year due to high tides flooding it.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1106 on: December 30, 2022, 03:00:42 pm »
I loved it when I moved to Burscough and got back to having an L postcode. We've a mate who lives in Aughton, she'd rather not have an L postcode - she can be a right snob at times...

Growing up, West Lancs was always a Tory constituency and they all hated having a Liverpool postcode cos they said it made their insurance premiums higher.  I can't remember when it went labour but they hated that even more 😂

I'm very proud of growing up in an L postcode as I always identified more with the City and Liverpudlians than those I grew up with.

It was especially funny when dickheads tried to say I was a glory hunter for supporting Liverpool rather than my 'local' team and I could say I lived in an L postcode.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1107 on: December 30, 2022, 04:25:39 pm »
Growing up, West Lancs was always a Tory constituency and they all hated having a Liverpool postcode cos they said it made their insurance premiums higher.  I can't remember when it went labour but they hated that even more 😂

I'm very proud of growing up in an L postcode as I always identified more with the City and Liverpudlians than those I grew up with.

It was especially funny when dickheads tried to say I was a glory hunter for supporting Liverpool rather than my 'local' team and I could say I lived in an L postcode.

051 area code as well? Formby has the L postcode but our own area code, which always greatly hurt my street credibility

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1108 on: December 30, 2022, 05:09:07 pm »
051 area code as well? Formby has the L postcode but our own area code, which always greatly hurt my street credibility

No we had a Southport area code 01704, West Lancs council and Chorley/Wigan health authority.

Very confusing 😂

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1109 on: December 30, 2022, 05:09:22 pm »

I'm just back from taking my Mum for dinner at the Saracen's Head in Halsall, West Lancs. A few hundred yards from where I go fishing in Summer. L39 post code.  ;D

It's beautiful out there. No wonder David Moores made it his home.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1110 on: December 30, 2022, 05:17:59 pm »
I well remember the "Southport Lancs - Thanks" campaign, bunch of clueless idiots who pined for a Southport that never really existed in the first place. There was one group called Southport 2000 who did more damage to southport than good - they fought against the Sea Wall, even though it was needed, the coast road was closed about 3 months out of the year due to high tides flooding it.
A lot of people on the Merseyside coastal strip from Hightown to Southport have long wanted to be West Lancs rather than Merseyside. The funny thing is, those areas are only affluent because of Liverpool. Most there have made their living out of our city.

Being in an 'L' postcode has never hurt house prices in Freshfield / Formby etc. Plenty of houses there are currently going for between £1m and £3.5m. A couple of years ago one was up for £12m and it sold.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1111 on: December 30, 2022, 11:35:46 pm »
I'm just back from taking my Mum for dinner at the Saracen's Head in Halsall, West Lancs. A few hundred yards from where I go fishing in Summer. L39 post code.  ;D

It's beautiful out there. No wonder David Moores made it his home.

Used to go the Saracens about two or three times a month, loved that place. Moores lived just around the corner, I've delivered to his house.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1112 on: January 2, 2023, 03:52:55 pm »
Yeah it probably is, its nearer to Chester than Liverpool, but its still odd seeing as its Scouse accents all over the place, it's a few minutes drive to the Port and that looks across the river to Speke, Manchester is fucking miles away. 

Purely the Glory Hunting.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1113 on: January 6, 2023, 07:25:51 pm »

The lady that did our wedding flowers lived out there, her “work” was a beautiful little summer house at the bottom of her massive garden and I am certain her house must have cost not too much shy of 1 million. She wasn’t even in her mid-30s 😳

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1114 on: January 6, 2023, 07:42:04 pm »
The lady that did our wedding flowers lived out there, her “work” was a beautiful little summer house at the bottom of her massive garden and I am certain her house must have cost not too much shy of 1 million. She wasn’t even in her mid-30s 😳

Sounds about right Sian, hope she did you a fabulous job though ☺️

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1115 on: January 7, 2023, 12:44:00 am »
Sounds about right Sian, hope she did you a fabulous job though ☺️

Oh she did, we paid her enough mind ;D

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1116 on: January 7, 2023, 08:15:48 am »

Sounds like you had your perfect day followed by the most amazing honeymoon despite having to wait an extra two years to get it  ;D

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1117 on: January 7, 2023, 01:23:59 pm »

Yep , mention the seven letter word wedding and I’m certain prices for photographers, cars , cakes , flowers all double magically in price

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1118 on: January 7, 2023, 01:33:53 pm »
Yep , mention the seven letter word wedding and I’m certain prices for photographers, cars , cakes , flowers all double magically in price

They absolutely do.  It's a minimum £1000 for hair for the whole bridal party if they want you all day.

Travel, time and expertise don't come cheap.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1119 on: January 13, 2023, 02:09:27 pm »
Good news that police have charged the shitbag who'd alleged to have shot Elle Edwards

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-64260842

I know we must not discuss details, but I've seen comments that suggest a lot of people in the area knew who'd done it (and why they were firing shots into a crowded pub). Is that correct?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"