Author Topic: Platinum Baby...!!!!  (Read 10816 times)

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Platinum Baby...!!!!
« on: September 14, 2017, 04:10:10 pm »
Not sure how this thread will take off but what the hell.

I love going Platinum on a game.  It gives me a real sense of achievement from a game.  While chasing down trophies that make up the Platinum I might explore areas of game-play I wouldn't normally venture. Hunting for hidden Items, using all weapons available, exploring all locations etc

So post your Platinum trophy/achievements in here.

I've just got Platinum on Wolfenstein: A New Order.  8)

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Platinum Baby...!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 04:17:26 pm »
Nice one.

I'm not a trophy hunter myself but did get a platinum for the division.
choose Life.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 04:27:11 pm »
Only platinum I ever got was for Watch Dogs 2 but I've been incredibly close on a few games.

Mad Max was the most infuriating though, got 91% and only need 1 more trophy to get the plat but it's a ridiculous trophy to achieve, it's something like complete all non-repeating challenges which means you have to do specific things like kill so many enemies etc. but the thing is, the whole map is dead after you've finished the game and everything else.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 04:40:58 pm »
Was lucky on Wolfenstein.  One of the trophies was complete the game on Uber (hardest level)

Id already completed the game on medium difficulty level so luckily just had to replay the final chapter and boss on Uber to unlock the trophy. Was still fucking hard to beat that final boss though. :)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 04:52:12 pm »
Don't think I've ever got one!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 04:52:15 pm »
Was lucky on Wolfenstein.  One of the trophies was complete the game on Uber (hardest level)

Id already completed the game on medium difficulty level so luckily just had to replay the final chapter and boss on Uber to unlock the trophy. Was still fucking hard to beat that final boss though. :)

Nice! I need to play the Wolfenstein games, they look so much fun!

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 05:31:33 pm »
I've got 4 altogether.

Extremely close on a fair few that I'll hopefully go back to one day.

I'm one trophy away on Infamous so I'm glad that's a PS+ game this month.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 05:45:32 pm »
demon's souls
dark souls
infamous 2, might have done 1 as well, can't remember but was close to it if i didn't get it
assassin's creed 2
no man's sky

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 06:04:51 pm »

dark souls

WOW you hard bastard. :)

that is a tough game

Put it down as i simply couldn't beat Ornstein and Smough :(

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 06:23:59 pm »
Don't think I've ever got one!

Same here. Started to play computer games when finishing them was rewarding enough. Can't be arsed looking for completely useless shite only to have a 100 percent completion rating nobody cares about anyway... ;)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 07:55:23 pm »
I've never got one. It usually means playing on the hardest difficulty and dying continuously which isn't much fun. I like a challenge (currently playing tlou on grounded) but not so it takes the fun out of it. The only reason I'm playing the last of us on grounded is because it's such a good game, I generally don't have the appetite to play a game again after I've beat it on normal or hard.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 01:01:01 pm »
So far on PS4 I have platinums for

Destiny
Mass Effect Andromeda
Horizon Zero Dawn
Far Cry Primal
AC:Syndicate
TLOU
Mad Max
AC:Unity
Shadow of Mordor
Infamous: First Light
Infamous: Second Son

Annoyingly both The Division and Watchdogs glitched on me so I didn't get 1 trophy meaning I didn't get platinum and couldn't unless I deleted my save and started all over again which I can't be arsed to do for either

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 01:31:59 pm »
Only got platinum for Battleborn, could've got it for Fallout 4 but wasn't paying attention to trophies on my million play throughs.  Would have to play through again with a different ending to get the last trophy, which is really annoying.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 01:32:16 pm »
Have never felt the compunction. I'll sometimes look at them when i've finished a game but just think nah, fuck that, not for me.
Think the first Fight Night on 360 is the only game i ever got all the achievements for and that was because it had ten or so that just happened naturally. :D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 01:34:08 pm by BER »

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 04:29:19 pm »
Have never felt the compunction. I'll sometimes look at them when i've finished a game but just think nah, fuck that, not for me.
Think the first Fight Night on 360 is the only game i ever got all the achievements for and that was because it had ten or so that just happened naturally. :D

Bit like this thread then?

Offline Coat Of Arms

• Main Stander
  • Some men just want to watch the Woodburn
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 05:50:41 pm »
Love a bit of trophy hunting, just adds another level of 'getting your money's worth' out of a game for me. First one was Modern Warfare 2 donkeys years ago, now currently have 34 platinums.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2017, 08:18:03 pm »
Agreed,  seems like a big chore going through every little task with the game dev telling you what to do and all for what..  some virtual trophy.  I much prefer to explore a game to my own accord.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 08:19:35 pm »
Im a sucker for trophies. Currently got 56 Platinums  :-[

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 08:23:23 pm »
Don't think I've ever 100%ed a game, apart from when I was a kid and we used to swap games that were easy to get 1000gs on (phantasy star universe, fight night etc) nowadays I'm lucky if I get anything other than the story achievements.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 08:31:08 pm »
Some people buy the worst games for platinums too. Got this one lad on my friends list and he literally buys the shittest games just to get platinum. Think the easiest platinum historically was a terminator game on ps3,  also think there's been a barbie or some bollocks with an easy plat, you'd be surprised the amount of people who buy games for that sole purpose.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 08:34:18 pm »
Some people buy the worst games for platinums too. Got this one lad on my friends list and he literally buys the shittest games just to get platinum. Think the easiest platinum historically was a terminator game on ps3,  also think there's been a barbie or some bollocks with an easy plat, you'd be surprised the amount of people who buy games for that sole purpose.
WTF is that for real why???  :o Who actually compares PSN trophies apart from 5 year olds  ???

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 12:16:12 am »

I'm gonna correct you there. Hannah Montana, not Barbie!  ;D

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 12:16:58 am »
I got platinums for all three of the Jak and Daxter games on the ps3 remaster and for Infamous 2, was pretty chuffed at the time but I stopped paying attention to trophies after the ps4 came out.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 06:20:42 am »
I'm gonna correct you there. Hannah Montana, not Barbie!  ;D

Haha that's the one!

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 09:43:43 pm »
Too many of the achievements are linked to online too.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 11:27:24 pm »
Got 2. Modern warfare 2 on PS3 and walking dead series 1 which is an easy one. Basically just complete the game
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2017, 12:58:10 am »
Just this second finished Second Son on hard difficulty which was the last trophy I needed for the Platinum.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2017, 04:02:34 pm »

I agree with this, especially when the game isn't really all about online, for instance AC:Black Flag, if its COD then fair enough but the AC series was never about that, I guess they learnt though as the next couple didn't really have any online trophies.

It also sucks that you 100% a game then months later after most people have finished with it they add another trophy for doing it on game+ or a new difficulty level, like they did with horizon zero dawn, whats the point in that?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 04:05:45 pm by blacksun »

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2017, 06:08:44 pm »
Only have the one. Resident Evil 7.

Online achievements are usually what stops me going after them.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2017, 06:39:54 pm »
I have 7 plats: Rocket League, Danganronpa, BioShock and a bunch of others I can't remember.

Online Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2017, 08:32:24 pm »

Yeah that is fucking annoying agreed.

I'm a single-player campaign man all day long.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Platinum Baby...!!!!
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2018, 09:28:24 pm »
Just got my first plat on A WAY OUT.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2018, 08:06:12 am »
Would have liked to platinum Monster Hunter World, but bollocks to getting all the crowns. I've got more than I thought I would, but you're still looking at 500+ hours if I understand the trophy parameters

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2018, 10:35:17 am »
Still on 0 after god knows how many years. I felt like giving it a real go on Skyrim but after getting to about 60% and having completed the main story and most of the side stories I just lost interest. Just started on the Telltale games though so I think I'll get them on these...

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2018, 10:50:26 am »
Still on 0 after god knows how many years. I felt like giving it a real go on Skyrim but after getting to about 60% and having completed the main story and most of the side stories I just lost interest. Just started on the Telltale games though so I think I'll get them on these...

Same here but I've never had a desire to play games for trophies or Xbox or Steam achievements. I doubt I will ever get one as I tend to just play a game and once finished I won't return to it.

Offline JonnyDubb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2018, 02:32:50 pm »

I got the Skyrim trophy without actively hunting for it. It popped up when I opened a book.

I used to play a lot of Diablo 3 and most of the trophies were pretty easy to get except for the 500 bounties. It was the last one, and I've not bothered with them after that.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Platinum Baby...!!!!
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2018, 06:52:53 pm »
Just got another one on FIFA 18.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2018, 11:32:59 pm »
LEGO Batman 3..my only platinum trophy to date.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #38 on: April 1, 2018, 06:56:58 pm »
Telltale’s Batman is my only ever platinum

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 3, 2018, 10:47:52 pm »