Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (was NX)  (Read 110459 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nintendo Switch (was NX)
« Reply #1320 on: April 13, 2023, 09:09:45 pm »
Looks boss that.

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #1322 on: April 14, 2023, 07:37:11 pm »
Huh, I had the opposite reaction  ;D

This new trailer is the first one that made it abundantly clear to me that Tears of the Kingdom is a WHOLE different beast.

Yes. The other trailers showed you some different things you could do but this last one makes it look like you can do EVERYTHING differently. Those machines you can make look insane. Love the idea of characters fighting alongside Link. The new underground sections plus the islands in the sky (hello Dolly!) show that Hyrule is altered a lot from BotW.
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #1323 on: April 17, 2023, 08:53:44 am »
 ;D  ;D  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SnpQHMimbgM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SnpQHMimbgM</a>

Having watched the new trailer over a dozen times by this point, I enjoyed this compilation of various people getting very excited by it aswell.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1324 on: April 26, 2023, 06:04:41 pm »
I'm a bit concerned by TofK's focus on crafting, especially when journalists are saying stuff like this:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1651211570461003777?s=20

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #1325 on: April 28, 2023, 07:03:50 am »
After a multi year hiatus I've restarted botw. Fuck is it good. I ly Nintendo can make walking across an empty field for five minutes fun.  Yet to meet impa on this game save so heaps of fun in store for me.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1326 on: April 28, 2023, 09:51:50 am »
BOTW is without a shadow of doubt my favourite game in modern times. Not been overly hyped for the 2nd instalment though, bar the use of crafting unique weapons. I dunno, just doesn't feel fresh enough. Going to buy regardless I suppose!

That said, Switch has been gathering dust for a while now, the store is flooded with shovelware and Nintendo has not been pushing the boat out with their IPs and innovation. Seems like reskins and remasters are the order of the day in this gen.

- all in my opinion of course -

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1327 on: April 28, 2023, 05:43:28 pm »
I'm a bit concerned by TofK's focus on crafting, especially when journalists are saying stuff like this:

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1651211570461003777?s=20

Read a review in the Guardian yesterday that said you can basically ignore the crafting bits if you want and play the game similarly to BOTW. Not sure how true that but I was a bit relieved, I'd rather it was a fun extra than some essential element of the game.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1328 on: April 29, 2023, 10:27:18 am »
I found a lot of the sandbox type stuff in botw was pretty useless on the whole. Most were novelty/interesting but not vital to get through difficult circumstances. I only cooked stuff for health against bosses. For instance you never really needed to cook stuff with chillis for cold places etc, or use korok leaves to power rafts. And I never used a clunky horse. I’m assuming the new one will be mostly the same as it’s Nintendo. Would be nice if there was more peril and things completely depended on figuring out crafting interesting stuff though.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #1329 on: May 2, 2023, 08:32:39 am »
So, as of yesterday, Tears of the Kindom has leaked – 11 days prior to its release.

I went to check for myself: it's up at various torrent sites, and people have been streaming gameplay on Twitch and other places.

There's also a subreddit where all the leaks/spoilers are being collected as people progress in the game.

I can't really be bothered to look, might aswell wait out the last few days and then enjoy it on my own Switch (rather than on an emulater with unstable framerate...)

EDIT: Honestly, stay away from that Subreddit, for your own good! Stoopid me had a quick peek, because I "only" wanted to learn if there are dungeons in the game – and within seconds saw MUCH more than I would have wanted to :butt
« Last Edit: May 2, 2023, 08:43:23 am by emergency exit »

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: May 2, 2023, 10:46:50 am »
I imagine these are the same people who will then complain when Nintendo comes down hard on illegal streamers and dish out lifetime bans.

Just makes it harder for the rest of us to avoid spoilers for the next 10 days  :(.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1331 on: May 2, 2023, 02:12:33 pm »
Can I ask now that all content about the game is spoiler tagged here for say the next six years to give me time to catch up?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1332 on: May 8, 2023, 07:35:08 am »
ARE WE THERE YET!!!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1333 on: May 8, 2023, 11:24:59 am »
It's back and it's fixed.
10 Days turn around.
You'll always be my first love, Nintendo.

Sent mine over two weeks ago and still no sign of it getting sorted any time soon :(

Don't think it'll be back in time for Zelda - though I'm still on the fence about buying that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #1334 on: May 8, 2023, 02:56:12 pm »
Can I ask now that all content about the game is spoiler tagged here for say the next six years to give me time to catch up?

I second this. In fact, I just created a separate thread for Tears of the Kingdom and suggested that we spoiler tag story/progress related stuff for the first few months  :)

ONLY FOUR DAYS LEFT!

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1335 on: May 8, 2023, 09:40:24 pm »
Sent mine over two weeks ago and still no sign of it getting sorted any time soon :(

Don't think it'll be back in time for Zelda - though I'm still on the fence about buying that.

Oh shit?
Have you had an acknowledgement that they’ve received or ‘started’ on your product yet?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: May 8, 2023, 10:23:57 pm »
Oh shit?
Have you had an acknowledgement that they’ve received or ‘started’ on your product yet?

Yeah I've got the acknowledgement, it's at the 'diagnosing' phase and has been for about 10 days :( I suppose sending it off whilst there's bank holidays on wasn't the best idea.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: May 10, 2023, 05:05:44 pm »
Alreet chaps and chapess’s. Has anyone got kids and bought them Zelda breath of the wild? My 7 year old wants it but I’m concerned that the tasks might confuse him and it frustrates him and he pesters me to do it. He plays Pokémon arceus and violet by him self without much issue. Sorry to go off topic, cheers.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 05:07:30 pm by red1977 »

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1338 on: May 10, 2023, 07:21:25 pm »
Such a hardship for you. Having to play Zelda.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: May 10, 2023, 07:36:40 pm »
Alreet chaps and chapess’s. Has anyone got kids and bought them Zelda breath of the wild? My 7 year old wants it but I’m concerned that the tasks might confuse him and it frustrates him and he pesters me to do it. He plays Pokémon arceus and violet by him self without much issue. Sorry to go off topic, cheers.

My daughter plays BOTW all the time. She started when she was 10 and to be honest I don’t think she would manage to get through it on her own. She picked up from my endgame save and is just roaming around, exploring.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: May 11, 2023, 04:48:55 pm »
My daughter plays BOTW all the time. She started when she was 10 and to be honest I don’t think she would manage to get through it on her own. She picked up from my endgame save and is just roaming around, exploring.

Cheers Zlen. Think I might give it a year or so.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: May 12, 2023, 07:48:39 pm »
I just bought one of these, had a dividend and thought fuck it.  We five games so far.  A couple of Mario games, Metroid Dread, some weird Zombie game and Zelda, I'v ordered the new Zelda which is arriving tomorrow.  I'm too old to deal with the handheld shit, If I'm travelling I could possibly cope with it, the docked thing is awesome though.  Mario on a 60 inch screen is the tits, me and my youngest are looking at each other waiting for everyone else to go bed,

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1342 on: May 24, 2023, 10:37:28 am »
I want a game for my 6 year old - she's never played a console or any ipad games.
So something fun and relatively simple.
Dare I say (pass the sick bucket...) educational? Maybe puzzles?
Any suggestions please gang

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1343 on: May 24, 2023, 11:39:25 am »
I want a game for my 6 year old - she's never played a console or any ipad games.
So something fun and relatively simple.
Dare I say (pass the sick bucket...) educational? Maybe puzzles?
Any suggestions please gang

GTA Trilogy: Definitive Edition.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1344 on: May 24, 2023, 12:57:53 pm »
Today we're going to be learning about pimps, prostitutes and how to... *checks notes*.. grind for sweet pay. Let's begin.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1345 on: May 24, 2023, 01:51:59 pm »
Animal Crossing is a lovely game but she'd need some help at 6 - I played it with my daughter when she was five and she enjoyed it, now a couple of years later and she's starting to play it independently.

I think the thing I forget with a lotmof those games is, even with puzzle games, there's usually a fair bit of reading which can be a challenge for kids until they feel more confident. Don't think it's a coincidence that my daughter is enjoying the game more now that she can read all the dialogue fairly comfortably (even if she doesn't necessarily understand every word ;D )

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1346 on: May 24, 2023, 02:44:06 pm »
The Lego games are always good for little ones and the puzzles aren’t too taxing.
AHA!

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1347 on: May 24, 2023, 04:51:06 pm »
Oooh good shout. I love Lego city undercover. Though I think a lot of the humour is aimed at the adults.

Pikmin might be worth a look. Not sure if a bit tough for six year old.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1348 on: May 24, 2023, 05:27:30 pm »
Today we're going to be learning about pimps, prostitutes and how to... *checks notes*.. grind for sweet pay. Let's begin.

What better way to learn about real life  8)

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1349 on: May 25, 2023, 11:16:19 am »
Animal Crossing is a lovely game but she'd need some help at 6 - I played it with my daughter when she was five and she enjoyed it, now a couple of years later and she's starting to play it independently.

I think the thing I forget with a lotmof those games is, even with puzzle games, there's usually a fair bit of reading which can be a challenge for kids until they feel more confident. Don't think it's a coincidence that my daughter is enjoying the game more now that she can read all the dialogue fairly comfortably (even if she doesn't necessarily understand every word ;D )

There are youtube videos of people playing Animal Crossing.  Suspect she can learn what she needs via that?
Minecraft?

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1350 on: May 25, 2023, 11:32:28 am »
Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess she’s probably more in the capability of Frogger at the moment, but might check out animal crossing. If not for myself!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: May 25, 2023, 12:43:25 pm »
Animal Crossing definitely needs reading ability.

Unless you have the patience to sit and do most of the practical things yourself and not get pissed off when the kid wants it back to just fuck around and not do things that need done  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: May 25, 2023, 01:36:17 pm »
Just bought Inside and Limbo for about 300 Nintendo coins, ridiculously cheap and probably tailor made for switch.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: May 25, 2023, 09:08:29 pm »
Animal Crossing definitely needs reading ability.

Unless you have the patience to sit and do most of the practical things yourself and not get pissed off when the kid wants it back to just fuck around and not do things that need done  :D

:lmao

To a T.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1354 on: June 6, 2023, 05:48:17 pm »
Is it just me or are the thumbsticks on the Switch pretty gash? I just picked up Breath of the Wild and it constantly feels like my thumbs are going to slip off. I also wondered why they would make aiming with the bow so shaky but I think that's actually just the sticks being janky.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1355 on: June 6, 2023, 06:18:19 pm »
Is it just me or are the thumbsticks on the Switch pretty gash? I just picked up Breath of the Wild and it constantly feels like my thumbs are going to slip off. I also wondered why they would make aiming with the bow so shaky but I think that's actually just the sticks being janky.

There's a way to make the bow more controllable, think it's something to do with motion controls, fairly sure you can turn them off for that but still need them for some of the shrines.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1356 on: June 6, 2023, 08:02:06 pm »
There's a way to make the bow more controllable, think it's something to do with motion controls, fairly sure you can turn them off for that but still need them for some of the shrines.

Good shout, I hadn't even realised motion aiming was a thing, cheers.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1357 on: June 6, 2023, 10:44:39 pm »
Good shout, I hadn't even realised motion aiming was a thing, cheers.

Yeah, assuming it's the same in Tears of the Kingdom as BOTW, then you can just move the whole controller around to aim. Can't imagine doing it with the joysticks.
I wonder if they can make overwatch work like that.....

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1358 on: June 11, 2023, 03:33:28 pm »
Just got past that Thunderblight twat on BOTK.  I beat him accidentally, first stage piece of piss, second stage
Spoiler
I was struggling like balls, couldn't lay a glove on him, then randomly moved one of the metal poles he throws down just to get out of the way.  Held it above him and fucker went down, just twatted him with a sword.
[close]
After twelve days and on the verge of giving up, it took me five minutes and I lost one heart.

Great game.  60 hours in, I have one divine beast to beat and then the castle I guess.  Have TOTK lined up but I take a Zelda break after and arse about with Diablo 3.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1359 on: June 21, 2023, 08:37:53 am »
Direct today at 3pm, hoping for a new F-Zer…oh forget it!
AHA!