Author Topic: Death Stranding  (Read 11680 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Death Stranding
« Reply #40 on: December 3, 2016, 08:27:23 am »
Apparently Kojima was locked in a room for the last six months of MGSV development apart from the rest of his team. Disgusting and no wonder the second half sucked so bad.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: December 3, 2016, 06:08:02 pm »
Kojima has said that there are clues in the trailers to the game.

Someone has figured out that if you watch the two trailers side by side, the exact moment the baby vanishes from Reedus' hands is the exact moment it appears in Del toros incubator thing.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: December 3, 2016, 09:47:25 pm »
Kojima is using the same engine as Horizon Dawn, so we can expect brilliant visuals in an open world.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 3, 2016, 10:04:25 pm »
Kojima is using the same engine as Horizon Dawn, so we can expect brilliant visuals in an open world.

Seem to be more and more tight with Sony, will probably end up a 1st party developer eventually.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 4, 2016, 08:00:09 am »
Seem to be more and more tight with Sony, will probably end up a 1st party developer eventually.

Don't think they will be first party but since Guerilla who are first party handed them the base code for Kojima's game, fuck all  chance of it appearing any other console. Kojima is good friends with Mark Cerny who worked for playstation in Japan for years so he basically sealed the deal when Kojima left Konami.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #45 on: December 4, 2016, 01:32:15 pm »
It's bloody great for Playstation, so I'm glad Sony didn't turn down such a unique tantalising opportunity to invite Kojima onboard. And it'll probably be heaven for him after those last few months at Konami!

Whatever you think about him and his work, he certainly is one of those rare iconic figures in videogame design/direction. A bit of a throwback to a time when games were more about one headstrong creative vision, and not assembled by committee as it can feel sometimes these days, lacking that peculiar character. There really aren't many of those eccentric 'videogame auteur' types still going at the business end of this industry, and Kojima is arguably the most well-known and celebrated of them all.

The entire Metal Gear Solid series ideally should have been Playstation-exclusive anyway, that was its spiritual home all along (I know the very first Metal Gears debuted on MSX, but it was Solid that truly sparked it all off).
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 1, 2019, 07:41:04 am »
Getting mixed reviews, the one reviewer I trust implicitly (Gamecentral) have given it 70/100, IGN gave it 68, all you do is deliver stuff haha, sounds like pretentious bollocks.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 1, 2019, 08:29:50 am »
Getting mixed reviews, the one reviewer I trust implicitly (Gamecentral) have given it 70/100, IGN gave it 68, all you do is deliver stuff haha, sounds like pretentious bollocks.

I’m sorry but an 84 score on Metacritic is mostly positive not divisive.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 1, 2019, 08:37:25 am »
I'm quite up for a bit of this, and I never even enjoyed MGS.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #49 on: November 1, 2019, 08:57:25 am »
I'm quite up for a bit of this, and I never even enjoyed MGS.

Same here. It looks very interesting. Will not get it right away because I want to play The Outer Worlds first, but I have a couple of weeks off soon so I might play it then.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #50 on: November 1, 2019, 12:20:56 pm »
It's getting 10s, 7s, one reviewer even gave it a 3 out of 10!. Fallout 76 is an expensive whole load of nothing and that didn't even get 3s lmao.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 1, 2019, 02:25:47 pm »
I probably won't play it until next year to be honest but it does intrigue me. Wandering through barren landscapes like a post-apocalyptic postman, has some appeal.

And no I'm not on Kevin Costner's payroll...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #52 on: November 1, 2019, 03:09:33 pm »
It's getting 10s, 7s, one reviewer even gave it a 3 out of 10!. Fallout 76 is an expensive whole load of nothing and that didn't even get 3s lmao.

That kinda makes it more interesting for me... must be quite a different game for one person to give it a 10 and another a 3...  :odd

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #53 on: November 1, 2019, 03:44:47 pm »
Just took it off of my rental service list. Doesn't look like my kind of game at all going off of the reviews.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #54 on: November 1, 2019, 05:35:27 pm »
Just doesn’t really grab me at all, looks boring.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 1, 2019, 07:54:23 pm »
That kinda makes it more interesting for me... must be quite a different game for one person to give it a 10 and another a 3...  :odd
I think it's the Cult of Kojima personally, he could set up a canvas on an easel and smear his own excrement on it and people would hail it genius, just looks (to quote one review) like the result of giving a developer carte blanche and a blank chequebook to create a game, I'm sure some will like it, it just looks like a vanity project to me, thought the same even from the initial teaser.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 8, 2019, 06:46:13 pm »
Anyone playing it today? Thinking of asking for it for Christmas.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 8, 2019, 07:26:36 pm »
Been watching some lets plays on youtube, seems much more story driven than first thought.

Going to pick it up at Christmas myself.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58 on: November 9, 2019, 02:14:45 pm »
Might pick it up around xmas as well.

Just been watching Hollow playing it on this video.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PRKKEjmOJLs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PRKKEjmOJLs</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #59 on: November 9, 2019, 03:15:29 pm »
Like others, been watching a few play on Twitch and looks absolute crap to me

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 9, 2019, 03:26:37 pm »
Skipped across that video above and it was around 95% cutscenes. Its Kojima alright.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2019, 12:27:37 pm »
Been watching some lets plays on youtube, seems much more story driven than first thought.

Going to pick it up at Christmas myself.

Yeah, looks like it has a good balance of gameplay and story from what I've read (around 80/20).  In the past I feel that Kojima games have sometimes been guily of overdoing the exposition cutscenes, where every three steps that your character took you got another cutscene, but this looks like a good story/gameplay balance.  Will pick it up when it comes to PC.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2019, 08:57:03 am »
Kojima has threw a shot at the American audience as they only like FPS games and this game is above that.

No wonder Flaccido doesn’t fancy it.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2019, 01:43:52 pm »
That looks absolutely terrible  :lmao :lmao

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2019, 03:10:13 pm »
That looks absolutely terrible  :lmao :lmao

It looks more interesting than Gears 10 or whatever it is they are on at the moment.  ::)

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2019, 08:08:02 pm »
Im upto episode 3 now and i think its superb, there is no other gaming experience like this out there or every has been for me, so far the story is good and wih some stunning visuals, however the pace is slow and encourages you to take your time and experience it, again not for everyone, one thing I like is every time you think the game is getting boring it throws a new feature at you to spice things up; great feeling of pacing. If you dont like cut scenes that dont play it, its heavy at the beginning for this, but like i mentioned above it is done well..
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2019, 02:32:31 am »
Kojima has threw a shot at the American audience as they only like FPS games and this game is above that.

No wonder Flaccido doesn’t fancy it.
Huh?, what are you on about you complete biff?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2019, 08:10:20 am »
Finished it last night. My save file was 71.5 hours (I did get it the day before release, thanks Jeff Bezos), stunning game and performances all round.

Also finally a satisfying and whole end to a hi-concept Sci-fi! I'm still scarred from the Mass Effect nonsense at the start of this decade.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2019, 01:38:38 pm »
Finished it last night. My save file was 71.5 hours (I did get it the day before release, thanks Jeff Bezos), stunning game and performances all round.

Also finally a satisfying and whole end to a hi-concept Sci-fi! I'm still scarred from the Mass Effect nonsense at the start of this decade.

I am gonna pick it up when on sale so conclusions like this at least give me hope.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2019, 08:26:37 am »
I’m currently playing it, and it is really addictive once you get into it. The only thing is if you find slugging items from point A - B - C back to A via B not so fun then you may struggle to enjoy it, as essentially that’s what it is. Traversing in the game is a challenge, as the whole environment is not smooth, flat roads/paths that you can go in a straight line, but instead you’re sort of veering off course and eventually get there. This is more difficult when you’re carrying all of your inventory, which this game takes a new and interesting direction in - basically it removes the magical inventory wheel/bag that most games have and instead places a consequence on how much you carry.

It’s an interesting concept though, and there are some instances of MGS present, but the main take away is that you aren’t Solid Snake, but instead you’re essentially a postman.

Classic Kojima in the cutscenes and the story it tries to tell, but all very good

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2019, 07:22:53 pm »
just got this from game at 35 dabs, that youtube vid looked fuckin boss.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2020, 10:22:43 pm »
I’m just over an hour into it and it’s the best looking video game I’ve ever played.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2020, 07:46:28 pm »
This game is cool as fuck and scary at times.

Kojima needs to do a full blown horror game next.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2020, 09:44:17 pm »
Up to chapter 4 now and this is insane.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2020, 06:22:05 pm »
Up to chapter 4 now and this is insane.

Wait till you do the Mama missions... !!!
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2020, 06:46:30 pm »

Wait till you do the Mama missions... !!!

Yep I’m in the middle of them now, madness!!

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2020, 02:33:49 am »
I’m currently playing it, and it is really addictive once you get into it. The only thing is if you find slugging items from point A - B - C back to A via B not so fun then you may struggle to enjoy it, as essentially that’s what it is. Traversing in the game is a challenge, as the whole environment is not smooth, flat roads/paths that you can go in a straight line, but instead you’re sort of veering off course and eventually get there. This is more difficult when you’re carrying all of your inventory, which this game takes a new and interesting direction in - basically it removes the magical inventory wheel/bag that most games have and instead places a consequence on how much you carry.

It’s an interesting concept though, and there are some instances of MGS present, but the main take away is that you aren’t Solid Snake, but instead you’re essentially a postman.

Classic Kojima in the cutscenes and the story it tries to tell, but all very good

What would you give it out of 10.Ive heard it amounts to a walking simulation, your description seems to fit that description. I loved the MGS series for the way it told it'd story, but the gameplay was also amazing, can you say the same about this, the YouTube videos make we want to buy it, but ultimately its showing me the storytelling is topnotch, what of the actual game though, how would you or anyone rate the gameplay itself? Cheers

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2020, 09:32:32 am »
What would you give it out of 10.Ive heard it amounts to a walking simulation, your description seems to fit that description. I loved the MGS series for the way it told it'd story, but the gameplay was also amazing, can you say the same about this, the YouTube videos make we want to buy it, but ultimately its showing me the storytelling is topnotch, what of the actual game though, how would you or anyone rate the gameplay itself? Cheers

I’m up to chapter 6 and I think it’s a masterpiece but it won’t be for everyone. The story has kept me engaged throughout and I can’t wait to see what happens next. You do deliver stuff but a lot things happen in between deliveries. The acting, music and graphics are top tier.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2020, 07:43:07 pm »
The further I get into this the more blown away I am. Kojima is fucking nuts! Give me a horror game next please.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2020, 10:38:45 pm »

Personally for me it’s prob 5 or 6/10. I don’t think it’s anywhere near the same league as MGS, but that was never going to happen Kojima wanted to do something completely different from that.
I did find it a bit of a slog to begin with, but once you unlock vehicles it becomes a bit better, being able to traverse across land at a quicker rate and also increasing the amount you can carry helps.

It’s not the worst game in the world mind, and there were a few interesting mechanics such as how you handle the inventory you hold and traversing on foot not being straight forward. Also the interactions with other players to help build things is cool to be fair.