Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1065253 times)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #17320 on: March 24, 2023, 07:36:55 am »
At least Bayern have a chance now against City if they appoint Tuchel. Nagelsman is crap.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #17321 on: March 24, 2023, 11:10:19 am »
He's clearly not crap ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17322 on: March 24, 2023, 11:12:42 am »
Nagelsmann will come again, I’m sure of that. He just needs to work on a few things and he’ll be stronger and more ready for a gig like that. I will also defend him a bit and say this is undoubtedly the worst squad Bayern have had for a good few years and it’s lacking real elite talent in too many areas to have the expectations they do.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #17323 on: March 24, 2023, 12:04:15 pm »
It’s still a really strong squad though, I guess you can say with a large Lewandowski sized hole mind!

But they’ve still been scoring.

I would say though that some of their signigns in the summer haven’t really clicked, or worked yet, not that Nagelsmann had a say in them of course. Mane and Gravenberch being the 2 obvious ones, Mazraoui too. Mane was a vanity signing above all though, again, very Bayern. 

I think Nagelsmann has found, like others before him (Kovac and Ancelotti in recent years), that there are many coaches/managers in the dressing room too, and if they don’t like some of the stuff you are doing or not doing, then your days are numbered.

You’d think he steps back for a bit, then takes on his next job next season, he’ll get plenty of offers.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #17324 on: March 24, 2023, 12:28:43 pm »
Still, it wasn't an entirely unsuccessful spell for Nagelsmann at Bayern.  He did manage to begin a relationship with one of Bild's Bayern reporters - and then dumping his wife for her. Swings and roundabouts really.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17325 on: March 24, 2023, 12:34:12 pm »
It’s still a really strong squad though, I guess you can say with a large Lewandowski sized hole mind!

I would say though that some of their signigns in the summer haven’t really clicked, or worked yet, not that Nagelsmann had a say in them of course. Mane and Gravenberch being the 2 obvious ones, Mazraoui too. Mane was a vanity signing above all though, again, very Bayern. 

I think Nagelsmann has found, like others before him (Kovac and Ancelotti in recent years), that there are many coaches/managers in the dressing room too, and if they don’t like some of the stuff you are doing or not doing, then your days are numbered.

You’d think he steps back for a bit, then takes on his next job next season, he’ll get plenty of offers.

It’s a good squad but Neuer and Sommer are not young any longer or at the peak of their powers, neither of their CBs convince me, short of a real top class RB and no high calibre CF.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17326 on: March 24, 2023, 12:35:38 pm »
Still, it wasn't an entirely unsuccessful spell for Nagelsmann at Bayern.  He did manage to begin a relationship with one of Bild's Bayern reporters - and then dumping his wife for her. Swings and roundabouts really.
What a Muppet, disgraceful behaviour.

That's terrible PR on the club, I'm sure that played a part in the sacking.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17327 on: March 24, 2023, 12:40:46 pm »

Could see him at Chelsea.

Potter will be shot into the sun soon enough.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17328 on: March 24, 2023, 12:41:29 pm »

What a Muppet, disgraceful behaviour.

That's terrible PR on the club, I'm sure that played a part in the sacking.

that’s defo part of the angle the Bayern led media are taking to stick the boot in!

From Claudio Catuogno - for Munich based daily newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung:

"Julian Nagelsmann may be great at explaining football, but he often got on the nerves of the players. A photo of the young coach on Ski Holiday with his girlfriend was taken by one of Nagelsmann's favorite tabloid journalists. Anyone wondering why Bayern are now ready to part company with a coach they once spent a record sum on and were recently quite proud of can find answers therein."

"One couldn't really tell whether Nagelsmann was a footballing teacher or a celebrity for the tabloid columns anymore. Everything one hears from Bayern management leads one to the conclusion that the coach's dismissal was not a spur-of-the-moment decision or panic action ahead of the coming league duel against Borussia Dortmund. Gradual problems were building up over time."

"The relationship was one of many break-ups and make-ups until the lingering doubts finally prevailed. Nagelsmann only won one of three potential trophies [league champions despite failing in the Pokal and Champions' League] and that was not forgotten at this critical turning point. And in the current campaign, the ups-and-downs continued. Three titles are still in reach. A change was needed."

"The 'Mia-san-Mia' spirit was missing. Oliver Kahn and Hasan Salihamidzic have gone back-and-forth themselves in recent weeks. The victory over PSG in Champions' League round-of-16  gave the head-coach a positive credit in his "trust bank account". Then came the hapless loss against Leverkusen in which the squad was barely trying."

"The respectable win against Paris proved an outlier for this strangely erratic team. One had to ask the question, 'do they produce such fickle and moody performances because their coach is so fickle and moody?'. One a coach - as the cliché goes - 'loses the locker room', a separation is inevitable. Not a [Biblical reference] 'fisher of humans' like predecessor Hansi Flick, Nagelsmann overcomplicated matters."

"He lectured his players. He chose tabloid FCB correspondent as his partner. Bayern players now wondered if critical tabloid headlines directed at them were sourced by Nagelsmann himself. Those used to football stardom may have already known that such stories needn't have originated from the coach, but it still wasn't a favorable situation. Moreover, an opportunity presented itself."

"After being sacked by Chelsea, Tuchel moved back to Munich. he was being courted by several clubs, including previous station PSG. For Salihamidzic, there might have been some deja vu in the situation. He had once wished to bring in the former Dortmund trainer in 2018 before then personnel boss Uli Hoeneß nixed the idea. Tuchel would eventually sign for PSG that time, but not this time."

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17329 on: March 24, 2023, 02:37:37 pm »
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano

Julian Nagelsmann has arrived at Bayern HQ to receive official communication: he is gonna be sacked. 🚨🔴 #FCBayern

Nagelsmann’s gonna be on the club’s payroll until 2026 — or until he finds new club.

🎥 : @linner_nicolas

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1639270734835904514?s=20

One of the Tap In's most laughable tweets. Utter clown. :lmao
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17330 on: March 24, 2023, 06:24:16 pm »
Now Bayern make it official.

Just over a 2 year contract for Tuchel:

Thomas Tuchel will receive a contract until 30th June 2025 and will supervise squad training for the first time on Monday.
https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/1639313383857197056?s

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17331 on: March 24, 2023, 06:30:38 pm »
Nagelsmann is a lock for being the next Chelsea or Spurs manager

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #17332 on: March 24, 2023, 06:37:50 pm »
Kind of hilarious "tail wagging the dog" situation where it was Tuchel saying he wouldn't wait around that really led to this when Tuchel himself has such a shit personality that it won't be long before they're right back where they started. Bayern's performances have been fine to where if you had to let go Nagelsmann for it then there's no manager in the world that wouldn't also always be at risk of getting fired. What a stupid way to run the club. Not that I think Nagelsmann is amazing or anything but he's perfectly fine and this is crazy.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17333 on: March 24, 2023, 06:58:02 pm »

Offline Wolverine

• Main Stander
« Reply #17334 on: March 24, 2023, 07:08:44 pm »

Yikes that's a sackable offence, won't get that from Tuchel he looks like a man not to be messed with.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17335 on: March 24, 2023, 07:58:47 pm »
I hope we don’t see Nagelsman in the premier league. It’s bad enough seeing Guardiola’s touchline attire, let alone his.

Surely Tuchel and Bayern is a pretty combustible mix?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #17336 on: March 24, 2023, 09:16:10 pm »
He’d be a good hire for a top club in Europe. His credibility was higher than Ten Haag’s this summer, for instance.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17337 on: March 25, 2023, 12:54:11 am »
It’s a good squad but Neuer and Sommer are not young any longer or at the peak of their powers, neither of their CBs convince me, short of a real top class RB and no high calibre CF.
It good, RB fine to be with how it was used with more tucking in to help protect the counter and one of the winger provide width.
CBs dont disagree and yea CF, probably helps with Mane healthy but there super creative, can score welll. Defense is the issue more then anything

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #17338 on: March 25, 2023, 01:25:49 am »
Nagelsmann is a lock for being the next Chelsea or Spurs manager

Real Madrid have a longstanding interest in him. He'll have his pick of jobs.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17339 on: March 25, 2023, 01:48:06 am »
Sacking him for his annoying, combatative personality would make more sense if his replacement wasn't Tuchel...

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #17340 on: March 25, 2023, 07:53:44 am »

I did find this an utterly stupid comment. He's fucking 35 years old, the goalkeeper is older than him. They've got all these parasitic ex-players in Exec and Director roles who should be "father figures" to the squad if they miss their daddies so much.

They've made up reasons to sack him.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #17341 on: March 25, 2023, 08:52:20 am »
I did find this an utterly stupid comment. He's fucking 35 years old, the goalkeeper is older than him. They've got all these parasitic ex-players in Exec and Director roles who should be "father figures" to the squad if they miss their daddies so much.

He looks cool as f*ck there ^ to be honest.  :D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #17342 on: March 25, 2023, 09:10:09 am »
35's too old to be skateboarding
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17343 on: March 25, 2023, 11:08:21 am »
He looks cool as f*ck there ^ to be honest.  :D

If it wasn't an electric skatboard, maybe...

Poser...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #17344 on: March 25, 2023, 01:50:15 pm »

Also something that should have been pretty obvious to them when they got him. How fucking dare he drive a motorcycle though!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17345 on: March 25, 2023, 02:13:40 pm »

yeh that's properly funny - so conservative of them too. they were shocked to learn the guy in their 30s that they hired was not in fact old

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #17346 on: March 25, 2023, 02:22:21 pm »
Nagelsmann will come again, I’m sure of that. He just needs to work on a few things and he’ll be stronger and more ready for a gig like that. I will also defend him a bit and say this is undoubtedly the worst squad Bayern have had for a good few years and it’s lacking real elite talent in too many areas to have the expectations they do.

He may improve but he's very tactically naive/limited, particularly in Europe. A bit of a Villas Boas or a Rodgers. Way too soon for him to get a top job.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17347 on: March 26, 2023, 04:39:06 am »

I actually agree with this. He does look like someone who says the word "dude" a lot.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #17348 on: March 26, 2023, 07:58:52 am »
Düde!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17349 on: March 26, 2023, 12:07:02 pm »
Ravishing Rick's screen name change is glorious... ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #17350 on: March 27, 2023, 12:14:28 am »
He may improve but he's very tactically naive/limited, particularly in Europe.

I don't know how this idea has taken hold.

2019/20 - He took Leipzig to the semi-finals beating Spurs and Atletico Madrid along the way, losing to PSG. They topped a competitive group featuring Benfica, Zenit and Lyon

2020/21 - Leipzig finished 2nd in a group with PSG and Man Utd despite losing 5-0 away to Man Utd. They were knocked out by Liverpool in the Round of 16, which would have been expected

2021/22 - Bayern top a group featuring Benfica and Barcelona scoring 22 times and conceding three. They batter Barcelona home and away. They lose to Villarreal in the QFs, which is an upset, but Villarreal did knock out Juventus in the prior round and finished ahead of Atalanta in their group.

2022/23 - Bayern win all six matches in the group stage scoring 18 and conceding twice despite having Inter Milan and Barcelona in their group.  Bayern also beat PSG home and away in the Round of 16

Considering he's only 35, he's done quite well in Europe, even if last season Bayern should have beaten Villarreal.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17351 on: March 28, 2023, 07:43:31 am »
Ravishing Rick's screen name change is glorious... ;D

I just noticed it  ;D
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #17352 on: March 28, 2023, 12:00:25 pm »
I just noticed it  ;D

It's the little touches of humo(u)r that makes these boards worth coming back to... :D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #17353 on: April 1, 2023, 04:42:13 pm »
Xabi's doing a fine job with Leverkusen. Wonder if he's one Bayern look at in the future with him now Knowing The League™ and the club. Don't think Tuchel's necessarily meant to last long with the same club.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #17354 on: April 1, 2023, 04:47:45 pm »
Xabi's doing a fine job with Leverkusen. Wonder if he's one Bayern look at in the future with him now Knowing The League™ and the club. Don't think Tuchel's necessarily meant to last long with the same club.

He’s only been here 5 minutes. It’s his first gig as trainer of a bigger club. Perhaps Real are having a look too, he does speak Spanish after all.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2023, 05:10:01 pm by mobydick »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #17355 on: April 1, 2023, 05:08:03 pm »
Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund - a 5.30pm kick off. 2nd vs 1st; 1 point in it...

Bayern XI: Sommer; Pavard, De Ligt, Upamecano, Davies; Kimmich, Goretzka; Sane, Muller, Coman; Choupo-Moting.
Dortmund XI: Kobel; Wolf, Sule, Schlotterbeck, Ryerson; Can, Bellingham, Guerreiro; Reus, Brandt; Haller.

Match is live in the UK on Sky Sports Football & Sky Sports Football YouTube - www.live-footballontv.com

Live on TV around the world (+ great for IPTV etc) - www.livesoccertv.com/match/4362574/bayern-m-nchen-vs-borussia-dortmund

Streams: https://gs.freestreams-live1.tv/abc-usa & https://gs.freestreams-live1.tv/sky-sports-football-uk & https://bosscast.net/ch_ks.php?135 & https://elixx.xyz/adortmund.html

https://sportshub.stream/event/b%D0%B0y%D0%B5rn_mun%D1%96%D1%81h_d%D0%BErtmund_123434704/?date=1680386400
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #17356 on: April 1, 2023, 05:16:42 pm »
New trainer bounce by Bayern? Could well be. Tuchel just said he’s a bit nervous added to the fact he was also trainer at Dortmund.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #17357 on: April 1, 2023, 05:18:15 pm »
Sky Germany is so Bayern orientiert, makes me sick really but they are loving this.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17358 on: April 1, 2023, 05:25:39 pm »
The game is on ABC in USA i guess that means Derek Rae as commentator.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17359 on: April 1, 2023, 05:43:07 pm »
Howler by Dortmund's keeper, why not just gather the ball in the area rather than try to clear it