Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 543860 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Suarez
« Reply #4800 on: January 22, 2023, 06:38:24 pm »
Klopp would not have tolerated his biting.
Nor his antics when Arsenal came knocking. As for on the pitch, he was already world class and banging them in for fun so Klopp wouldn't have improved him that much imo

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4801 on: January 22, 2023, 07:45:44 pm »
As if Klopp wouldn't have kept Suarez as long as possible.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4802 on: January 22, 2023, 07:47:21 pm »
As if Klopp wouldn't have kept Suarez as long as possible.
precisely

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4803 on: January 22, 2023, 10:37:27 pm »
That is your opinion but it doesn't at all.

Besides the treble season in 15/16, he bettered Messi. Suarez with 40 league goals, Messi with 26. 8 CL goals for Suarez and 6 for Messi. He eclipsed him in one of Barca's greatest ever seasons.

16/17 - Suarez with 29/13 in goals and assists. Messi with 37/9. So 42 vs 46 in goal contributions. Pretty much matched him that season.

I didn’t know those numbers and they are amazing but it doesn’t change the fact that it is looked at as messi’s team in the grand scheme of things. On any other team in the world outside them and Real Madrid he would have been by far the best player and that goes for Bayern and whatever teams ibrahimovic was playing for.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4804 on: January 23, 2023, 09:57:12 am »
Klopp would not have tolerated his biting.

Yeah he would
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4805 on: January 23, 2023, 01:19:11 pm »
Isn't Klopp huge on character and personality. the flirting with Arsenal and the biting seem like they would have gone down like a lead balloon, Sakho was bombed out for a hell of a lot less.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4806 on: January 23, 2023, 01:49:12 pm »
Isn't Klopp huge on character and personality. the flirting with Arsenal and the biting seem like they would have gone down like a lead balloon, Sakho was bombed out for a hell of a lot less.

Yes, you only have to see how he dealt with Coutinho when he was causing disruption.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4807 on: January 23, 2023, 06:23:53 pm »

He probably wouldn't have needed to flirt with Arsenal if we had Klopp tbf. When he wanted to go to Arsenal we'd had a fairly promising season under Rodgers but we hadn't finished above sixth place since 2009 and still looked miles off the top teams. At that point we were clearly an in-between for a lot of players who saw us as a stop off before heading to a club who could compete for major honours. Under Klopp we finished in the top four in his first season and were clearly on the ascendency pretty much immediately with those cup runs in the first season.

Suarez was an absolute animal of a player. Klopp would've loved him.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4808 on: January 23, 2023, 06:40:03 pm »
Cant be bothered to go into the further details of how we would have done if Klopp was manager, you could argue he might not have done half the shit he did if Klopp was managing us to be honest. I was talking about the incidents alone and Klopps player types as a manager

As a player Klopp would love Suarez ability but i’m not so sure he would love his antics

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4809 on: January 23, 2023, 06:56:28 pm »
As said above, his antics may not have been as bad had Klopp been here simply by us winning things and Luis being happy. Not sure what excuse I’d have for the biting incidents though I’m sure Klopp would have made an exception to a player that would have been the best he’d ever coached and tailor made to lead the line for him.

What a player he was and a rare case of a forward leaving us and going on to bigger and better things, which his talents undeniably deserved.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4810 on: January 23, 2023, 06:59:24 pm »

Sakho wasn’t one of the best players of the last thirty years
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4811 on: January 23, 2023, 08:01:39 pm »
Sakho wasn’t one of the best players of the last thirty years

Could be wrong but I really dont see Klopp having the type of character that puts talent above the shit Suarez was doing.

He bit someone ffs :lmao

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4812 on: January 24, 2023, 10:15:37 am »
Could be wrong but I really dont see Klopp having the type of character that puts talent above the shit Suarez was doing.

I know people keep going on about the 'bite' but I thought it was more of a coming together of teeth and flesh.

I'm sure Jurgen is sensible enough to appreciate Suarez's unbelievable talent and would have simply just referred him to a reputable orthodontist.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4813 on: January 24, 2023, 01:01:18 pm »

Hate to be that guy but.....Kenny Dalglish was and I'd say he's maybe got the greatest character of anyone who has ever been associated with the club.

People always talk Sakho, but Sakho was essentially a bit of a clown who I dare say was earmarked to be got rid of pretty swiftly anyway. It was a pretty easy 'win'. Likewise Balotelli. If we'd signed Van Dijk and then in 2019 he'd done what Sakho did, I'm gonna take a wild guess that he wouldn't be bombed out in the same way.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #4814 on: January 24, 2023, 01:23:46 pm »
If Suarez had got banned for biting someone during Klopp's time here he'd have pulled out the old line about waiting for him like a good wife waits for her husband while he's locked up. And rightfully so too, IMO. He's no doubt one of the most gifted players we've ever had and it's a shame he only spent a few years here.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4815 on: January 24, 2023, 03:11:36 pm »
As said above, his antics may not have been as bad had Klopp been here simply by us winning things and Luis being happy. Not sure what excuse I’d have for the biting incidents though I’m sure Klopp would have made an exception to a player that would have been the best he’d ever coached and tailor made to lead the line for him.

What a player he was and a rare case of a forward leaving us and going on to bigger and better things, which his talents undeniably deserved.

As far as I'm concerned, Suarez only bit people when he wanted a transfer, once he was happy at Barca, the biting stopped. Even under Klopp, I believe he'd have got off, his wife's parents lived in Barcelona, having moved there when Suarez was 16 I think it was and they (the parents) wanted the family to move to Spain to be together.

I remember Mooro on OnTheKop saying when he signed "enjoy him while you can, he'll be off to Spain in 3 years"
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4816 on: January 25, 2023, 11:52:03 am »
Suarez was a an unsavoury character similar to the likes of Diouf, he just happened to be one of the best footballers of his generation, I have little doubt Klopp would tolerate him, great footballers tend to get away with a lot, Keane Terry Suarez etc.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #4817 on: January 25, 2023, 12:39:50 pm »
I wouldn't put hm in the same bracket as Diouf at all. Diouf seems like an unsavoury character both on and off the pitch.

Suarez is chill as you like off the pitch. Doesn't seem like a bad person at all. Pure family man. He just happens to be a complete loon when kicking a football about (seems to be a bit of a Uruguayan trait!).

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4818 on: January 25, 2023, 12:47:38 pm »
He knows you wouldn't :)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4819 on: January 25, 2023, 12:53:53 pm »
Suarez was a an unsavoury character similar to the likes of Diouf, he just happened to be one of the best footballers of his generation, I have little doubt Klopp would tolerate him, great footballers tend to get away with a lot, Keane Terry Suarez etc.

Suarez is 100 times the man and 1000 times the player Diouf was. All Diouf is remembered for is spitting.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4820 on: January 25, 2023, 01:00:46 pm »
I wouldn't put hm in the same bracket as Diouf at all. Diouf seems like an unsavoury character both on and off the pitch.

Suarez is chill as you like off the pitch. Doesn't seem like a bad person at all. Pure family man. He just happens to be a complete loon when kicking a football about (seems to be a bit of a Uruguayan trait!).

You’re right he’s more like Keane, Diouf doesn’t have a reedeming quality.

Offline AcesHigh

• Main Stander
  • Chora macaco imundo, nunca ganhou de ninguém!
« Reply #4821 on: January 27, 2023, 12:20:33 am »
What's the deal with our Lucas? Is he still playing for them?

the diagnosis was "cardiac akinesia". He was required to take medicaments for 3 months before a second round of exams to check if he can return.

Suarez scored again yesterday. 5 goals in 3 matches.

Grêmio fans are in heaven, but at the same time, the more grounded ones know this is the state league and the level will go much higher if Grêmio arrives in later stages of the Brazil Cup where it will probably face the likes of Palmeiras and/or Flamengo, and the Brazilian League.

But then, this is also a team absolutely not ready, as there were 11 hirings plus a few youngsters brought to the professional side. Thus it will need more time to be an oiled machine providing Suarez all the balls he needs to score against the bettter clubs.

Now the interesting thing is that he scored yesterday against Brasil de Pelotas, a club from a city 130 km from the Uruguayan border.

But most importantly, in 2004, Brasil de Pelotas was commemorating it's centennary (it was founded in 1904). It invited Nacional, from Uruguay for a celebration match.

Brasil Pelotas won 3-1 over Nacional-Uru

Guess WHO scored the Nacional goal???

A 17 year old youngster... called Luis Suarez!

So yesterday's match was a re-encounter of Suarez with Brasil Pelotas after 19 years.
Even on foot we will go, whatever happens, but the certain is that we will be, with Grêmio, wherever Grêmio is.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4822 on: January 27, 2023, 01:04:00 am »
Klopp manages and loves a bunch of drinks drivers in our current squad, and signed Kabak despite him having spat on a player months before hand. It's pretty clear he gives people a chance, to his credit, and when you have one of the top players in a generation the tolerance most people will have is bound to increase.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #4823 on: January 27, 2023, 01:21:38 am »
Klopp manages and loves a bunch of drinks drivers in our current squad, and signed Kabak despite him having spat on a player months before hand. It's pretty clear he gives people a chance, to his credit, and when you have one of the top players in a generation the tolerance most people will have is bound to increase.
I would imagine that it would also have made a difference that it happened in the pitch during a game. Klopp himself knows what it can be like and how you can lose the plot, if things are getting heated. Just like when he confronts refs or linos and he looks like an absolute maniac. He said himself that he sometimes doesn't even recognise himself when he watches those incidents afterwards on the telly. So, if he thought that that's what happened with the biting I would imagine Klopp would have kind of accepted it, probably with a stem warning to not let it happen again.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4824 on: January 27, 2023, 09:03:38 am »

No lad, he got rid of Sakho for arsing around so he definitely would have gotten rid of one of the best players to ever play the game.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4825 on: May 19, 2023, 04:21:44 am »
He’s still banging them in.

About 4 mins in

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3YOkU12d1WE

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4826 on: May 19, 2023, 11:22:36 am »

About 4 mins in

Reminds me of Oxlade-Chamberlain's goal v Genk
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4827 on: May 19, 2023, 11:40:14 am »
Reminds me of Oxlade-Chamberlain's goal v Genk
https://youtu.be/WKPG0DiXd_A?t=53
special goal that

quality finish from Luis

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #4828 on: May 19, 2023, 12:12:55 pm »
Messi and Ronaldo off to Saudi Arabia for the paycheck. Suarez off to Brazil for the love of footy.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #4829 on: May 19, 2023, 12:36:12 pm »
https://youtu.be/WKPG0DiXd_A?t=53
special goal that

quality finish from Luis

Genk 1-4 Liverpool: Highlights | Oxlade-Chamberlain scores a worldie!?
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #4830 on: May 19, 2023, 01:19:52 pm »

About 4 mins in

Glorious goal. He's just routinely scored sublime goals in great volume. Some of them probably can't be taught but then again I've seen few players work as hard as him to get to that level. Special, special footballer. There's been some outstanding number 9s around his same age group like Benzema and Lewandowski who still play at a better level, but at their very best neither was close to Suarez. It's amazing that there was actually a footballer better than him between the years of about 2012 to 2017 in Messi, and it was great that he spent some of that time with Liverpool.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 01:23:54 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4831 on: May 20, 2023, 06:57:49 am »
Miss the mad bastard, he scored some absolutely insane goals. That 2013 season still lives in my memory, when it was a question of when he would score, not if. And if it wasn't him, it was Sturridge.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4832 on: May 21, 2023, 06:34:07 pm »
Miss the mad bastard, he scored some absolutely insane goals. That 2013 season still lives in my memory, when it was a question of when he would score, not if. And if it wasn't him, it was Sturridge.
Yeah one of the most talented players I've ever seen.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4833 on: May 21, 2023, 09:37:39 pm »
I expect him to remain the best player I have ever seen play for us for as long as I live. Still cannot believe we somehow had him when we were in the doldrums.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4834 on: June 21, 2023, 04:22:37 am »
Still banging them in

about 40 seconds in - 1st goal in the Derby

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ukAwbJx2X4Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ukAwbJx2X4Q</a>

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4835 on: June 21, 2023, 10:09:08 am »
Ever the big game player

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4836 on: June 21, 2023, 11:33:59 am »
About to retire, apparently. Seems his knee(s) is/are shot.

Probably the most fun individual player I’ll ever see.
AHA!

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4837 on: June 21, 2023, 11:45:49 am »
About to retire, apparently. Seems his knee(s) is/are shot.

Probably the most fun individual player I’ll ever see.
Yep, doubt I'll ever see a player like that in the flesh again.

Sad news if forced to retire - presumably it's the same injury that was troubling him before the world cup (where he managed to knock Hodgson's england out with just one knee)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4838 on: June 21, 2023, 11:55:13 am »
Retirement for a player of his calibre must feel like a death sentence. It's going to be hard for him to walk away (especially with dodgy knees).
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #4839 on: June 21, 2023, 04:11:52 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NMQE9PftGIg&amp;t=1s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NMQE9PftGIg&amp;t=1s</a>