Author Topic: The PC Gaming Thread  (Read 264468 times)

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The PC Gaming Thread
« Reply #3640 on: February 15, 2023, 07:12:40 am »
I'm upgrading my mobo, CPU and RAM on an 8 year old PC. Upgraded the GPU and storage a couple of years ago so don't need this yet.

I'm stuck between a Ryzen 5 5600 build or an i5 12400f build. Prices come out slightly higher for the i5, mainly due to mobo prices. I'm just trying to work out if paying the extra for a B660 board would be worth it for futureproofing? B550 boards seem like a dead end from here.

Any advice welcome.

I am not sure it's worth future-proofing on the CPU front. Modern games are bottlenecked by GPU for the most part (except for things like the grand strategy genre sometimes). Even CPUs from 6-7 years ago still give you decent performance if paired with a decent GPU. A 12400 or 5600x can support a 3080 or 6900XT GPU without significant bottlenecks.

Still, you want a decent motherboard that has all your needs.

I recently built with 12600. I think I am gonna flip my PC  components individually in 5 years and just do a new build. The only components I think I will reuse are the Power supply, storage and  the case.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3641 on: March 17, 2023, 09:53:02 am »
Anyone got a Steam Deck? There's 10% off them atm and I'm intrigued. But I'm probably mad because I would never take it out of the house.

Offline PaulV

• RAWK Pope
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3642 on: March 20, 2023, 02:29:24 pm »
Anyone got a Steam Deck? There's 10% off them atm and I'm intrigued. But I'm probably mad because I would never take it out of the house.
I have one and I like it. It rather depends on what games you would want to play on it. Some competitive shooters are out due to anti cheat not working properly on it, and also I hate playing shooters with a controller. For casual non action games, it is great though, and good for playing in bed or on the sofa, rather than in front of a desktop pc.
To many people have discovered "Football Manager" and now they all think they are Kenny but alas so many end up as Roy

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3643 on: May 5, 2023, 08:40:52 am »
Not sur eif it's PC specific but imagine it would be at the moment but love seeing a few Skyrim videos on youtube where people have plugged in ChatGPT to NPC's :D games about to get very interesting!

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3644 on: May 5, 2023, 11:23:11 am »
Not sur eif it's PC specific but imagine it would be at the moment but love seeing a few Skyrim videos on youtube where people have plugged in ChatGPT to NPC's :D games about to get very interesting!

Hadn't heard about this so looked at youtube after reading your post.  I think that "interesting" is an understatement.  I'm kinda blown away mate. It'll be an absolute game-changer for RPGs if it can be widely implemented. 

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3645 on: May 5, 2023, 03:09:37 pm »
Hadn't heard about this so looked at youtube after reading your post.  I think that "interesting" is an understatement.  I'm kinda blown away mate. It'll be an absolute game-changer for RPGs if it can be widely implemented. 

Yeah there are a couple I've seen, both do the same thing but one of them had inflection in the responses and the other kind of flat....regardless, as you say a game changer, immersion if they get it right will be off the scale. * As long as they weren't faked :D *

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3646 on: May 31, 2023, 12:44:51 pm »
Hey all, question about adding a Graphics Card (Radeon RX6600) to my PC. I've opened up the case and it fits etc, but there is no power cable to plug into its 8-pin socket. Do I need to buy that separately and connect to the PSU?

I didn't have a Graphics card before, I was using the built in AMD 5600G CPU. My PSU is a Corsair 650W so I know there is enough power but I just don't seem to have a cable. Previous PCs I've had years ago always seemed to have excess cables inside the case doing nothing.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3647 on: May 31, 2023, 01:07:07 pm »
What do you have spare coming off the PSU? You can get adapters to convert other power connectors into 8-pin. Most common is probably 2 x L4 Molex…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Matters-2-Pack-8-Pin-Molex/dp/B01DV1Z428

Or SATA versions of the same if it’s a modern PSU…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CGTime-15-Pin-PCI-Express-Female-Adapter/dp/B075383P7T
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 04:08:45 pm by Graeme »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3648 on: May 31, 2023, 09:25:37 pm »
Youse are all wusses if you haven't ventured into Noita.

Scaredy cats :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3649 on: June 28, 2023, 09:36:11 pm »
What's people's experience with Amazon Prime Day? Want to upgrade my GPU and want to see, if prices might drop a bit more as I'm aiming for an RX 7900 XTX. Have already found some stuff (at non-amazon vendors) that are slightly below 1K. Does Amazon usually have stuff like that on sale for Prime Day or do other vendors drop their prices with regards to Prime Day?

Have already gotten a sweet deal for a PSU on Amazon... ;)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3650 on: June 29, 2023, 07:54:50 am »
Prime Day is not 100% genuine nor the best opportunity for a bargain, using a that's very effective on the squares. You won't be aware of the previous price of an item so you'll be WOW! when they mark an item as discounted if it even is discounted.

I would say if you want to take advantage of it have a list of what you want at current prices and only purchase IF those exact items are indeed discounted

Find yourself a bargain rather than having it foisted upon you

Buyer beware

That said, GPUs can be had, yes, it's a big area as obviously the price of them has gone gaga, other tech sites like Overclockers might get in on the action and that is worth keeping in mind:

https://www.pcgamer.com/amazon-prime-day-graphics-card-deals/
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 07:57:49 am by ToneLa »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3651 on: June 29, 2023, 08:53:17 am »
Just install the Camelizer

https://camelcamelcamel.com/

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3652 on: June 30, 2023, 11:22:18 am »
Cheers guys.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3653 on: July 7, 2023, 11:07:34 am »
What's people's experience with Amazon Prime Day? Want to upgrade my GPU and want to see, if prices might drop a bit more as I'm aiming for an RX 7900 XTX. Have already found some stuff (at non-amazon vendors) that are slightly below 1K. Does Amazon usually have stuff like that on sale for Prime Day or do other vendors drop their prices with regards to Prime Day?

Have already gotten a sweet deal for a PSU on Amazon... ;)

I wouldn't bother with Amazon for a GPU.
Their GPU prices aren't that great, even during prime day.
You would be better off using EBuyer, Overclockers or Scan.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3654 on: July 8, 2023, 07:47:03 am »
lads something to emulate switch, wii u etc..
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Ywvzmr
PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Ywvzmr

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (Ł113.20 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Ł135.57 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (Ł57.98 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Storage: Kingston A400 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Ł19.39 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X 12G GeForce RTX 3060 12GB 12 GB Video Card  (Ł269.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  (Ł80.98 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA 600 W1 600 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  (Ł45.83 @ Amazon UK)
Wired Network Adapter: TP-Link TG-3468 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe x1 Network Adapter  (Ł12.00 @ Computer Orbit)
Total: Ł734.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-07-08 07:45 BST+0100

Any feedback, as always, appreciated

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3655 on: July 8, 2023, 09:57:14 am »
Only points I’d note…

1. You don’t need the TP-Link network adapter as the motherboard has Gigabit Ethernet.
2. If it’s a gaming PC, 480GB isn’t really going to cut it. Some newer games over over 100GB in size
3. That’s the fastest RAM the motherboard will support so there’s no scope to upgrade RAM in the future without upgrading the motherboard as well.

If you’re happy with the storage and RAM then I’d drop the TP-Link adapter and use the money to cover the difference between a 500GB SSD and 500GB M.2 as the latter gives a big performance boost.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3656 on: July 8, 2023, 11:48:42 am »
Thanks

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3657 on: July 9, 2023, 12:36:13 am »
Whatever you do guys don't get a PSU from Thermaltake... Their cables are a complete horror show. I think they're actually designed to hurt you. Fucking hell... Had to take them in and out multiple times today for troubleshooting and they have sharp edges and corners everywhere... Whoever designed those must have insanely thick skinned fingers...

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3658 on: July 23, 2023, 07:06:12 am »
Thinking of upgrading my 3600 for either a 5600 or 5800x3d (which is 3x as expensive with a cooler but I should be set for a while). I’ve got a 3070 and play on 4K when I can, anyone have any experience with this upgrade?
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3659 on: July 23, 2023, 10:25:15 pm »
Just watched a video today from a german PC mag and they basically said, if you're playing in 4K it almost doesn't matter what CPU you're running as your FPS will basically limited by your graphics card. And it's basically what I've read everywhere else when I was doing my upgrade. Running an RX 7900 XTX with a Ryzen 9 3900X in 4K and having a quick test with MSI Afterburner it seems the theory holds water. I did the Cyberpunk-benchmark (didn't really adjust the settings so everything was on Ultra, no Raytracing) and got roughly 60 FPS with the GPU being at 99 percent load while the CPU was hovering around 30-40 percent. Same in Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition. So, not really sure whether an upgrade would be of much use for you.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3660 on: July 25, 2023, 08:59:46 am »
Martysmods.com lets you use ReShade to inject software raytracing into most games

I find it pretty good. Overdid it with Xcom it tanked performance 

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3661 on: July 25, 2023, 03:15:32 pm »
As I'm now pretty sure I'll be building a new PC before the end of the year I've been looking into the current generation of GPUs... now admittedly I'm only looking at nVidia as I've had bad experiences with AMD kit, but wow, it's hard to find any reviewer with anything good to say about any of the RTX 40 lineup. The top end is vastly overpriced, the lower end is underpowered. And still overpriced. The ti models don't seem to exist to fill any sort of actual gap, so on.

By default, I've settled on a standard 4070 (I'm upgrading from a 1070) as it sort of seems the least-worst option in the range with a really good power efficiency saving over similar performance 30 series cards. As I'm 50/50 on building in my SFF case with a 750W PSU max I don't really want to start pushing the power consumption up too high.

Dunno what I'm going to do about my new HTPC when it comes time to get that sorted. Intel ARC maybe?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #3662 on: July 30, 2023, 04:30:49 am »
Yeah the GPU market is shit, nVidia treat the consumer with disdain and AMD aren't agressive enough at various price points to be worth it (depending on your bracket).

Your other options I guess:
- 4070 Ti which will cost you 32% more (Ł770) for 23% more performance.
- 7900 XT which will cost you 25% more (Ł730) for 35% more performance (No DLSS3 equivilent, FSR2 isn't as good as DLSS2, weaker RT)

I think you'll see mad deals by the time the Black Friday guff comes around as the demand just isn't there, at least the CPU market is good 🤷

What are you going to use your HTPC for? I'm still rocking a 3200G APU on mine which has no issues with 4K content (with HDR via MadVR) or using Moonlight to stream  games at 4K from my gaming rig. You could get a 4600G or similar with a cheap motherboard and be fine I imagine.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 04:34:57 am by Kashinoda »
:D

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3663 on: August 31, 2023, 04:53:11 pm »
My HTPC isn't some low-power box like most people use the term for, it's really more my backup PC and is very similar components: same mobo, just a i7-7700 instead of a K and a 1050ti instead of a 1070. The reduced power requirement means it's only got a 450W PSU too, and worse (but fine) cooling in its worse (but fine) case.

I think I've picked out my spec for the new main PC, I'll pick up one of the new Raptor Lake refresh CPUs - they may not be much of an update over 13th gen but will be great for me.

So the basics will be:

i7-14700K
32GB DDR5
Some 2TB NVMe thing & maybe a 2nd drive for the Steam library

I've got power supplies, coolers and fans I can reuse (if I get the 1700 cooler mounting kits) so not a problem there. The only real decision still to make is whether to try to stick it in a SFF case with an ITX mobo or just buy a new regular case and go ATX. I'm leaning towards the latter so I don't have to worry about squeezing a modern GPU into a smaller box as they're so much bigger now, and so I can use more of the Noctua 120 & 140mm fans I have otherwise spare. Plus it means I can keep my current PC intact and save the effort of pulling it apart.

Decisions, decisions... Planning to start purchasing around the end of October so a bit of time to work it all out.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 05:26:41 pm by Riquende »
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3664 on: September 1, 2023, 11:12:08 am »
⬆️⬆️⬆️

This is why I gave up pc gaming and bought an Xbox.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3665 on: September 1, 2023, 11:14:21 am »
⬆️⬆️⬆️

This is why I gave up pc gaming and bought an Xbox.

You don't like fun? ;)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3666 on: September 1, 2023, 11:15:24 am »
I didn’t like having to upgrade my pc all the time!

Especially with my meagre technical knowledge.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3667 on: September 1, 2023, 01:04:48 pm »
I didn’t like having to upgrade my pc all the time!

Especially with my meagre technical knowledge.

All the time?

This is an upgrade from a 7th gen system first built in 2016! It's only because some of the big hitters this year have started demanding hardware beyond my 1070 that I'm finally having to pull the trigger after delaying it 3 years.

If you're not that into tech stuff just stay away from small form factor builds and you really only have 2 decisions to make, and that's whether to go Intel/nVidia or AMD for the CPU/GPU. Everything else is just how much your budget stretches to.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3668 on: November 26, 2023, 07:59:06 pm »
what is the recommended VR headset at the moment? is it still the Valve Index.

this is about the only thing in gaming that gives me the wow factor and makes me want it. Standard gaming peaked about 10 years ago. nothing really impresses me nowadays from a technical standpoint.  The cost of VR and a distrust of Meta are the only things stopping me at this point. Could easily fork out the bones of 3000 for a proper Valve Index set up.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 08:01:20 pm by darragh85 »

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #3669 on: November 27, 2023, 04:49:13 pm »
what is the recommended VR headset at the moment? is it still the Valve Index.

this is about the only thing in gaming that gives me the wow factor and makes me want it. Standard gaming peaked about 10 years ago. nothing really impresses me nowadays from a technical standpoint.  The cost of VR and a distrust of Meta are the only things stopping me at this point. Could easily fork out the bones of 3000 for a proper Valve Index set up.

I've got the reverb G2 for DCS and love it, my friends I Fly with have got different ones between them and all said apart from the Varjo VR headsets that's probably the best one you can get. I think you can get the Varjo Aero for about a grand now too.
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3670 on: December 13, 2023, 04:22:37 pm »
The Meta Quest Pro is hands down better than the G2.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #3671 on: December 13, 2023, 05:59:24 pm »
The Meta Quest Pro is hands down better than the G2.

Likely is but it very much depends what you're playing.

I mainly use VR for WW2 era dog fighting (in War Thunder) and you really need absolute clarity in the sky; compression is always going to be a pain point when you need to spot a few pixels miles away ;D. Il-2 Sturmovik isn't very playable on the Quest 2, though I appreciate things will be better on Quest Pro and 3. Games like Half Life: Alyx are absolutely great though, especially when you use it wirelessly.

If I knew anyone with an iPhone so I could scan my face I would have ordered Bigscreen Beyond ages ago I think, the bulk of VR really fucking sucks.
https://www.bigscreenvr.com/
:D

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3672 on: December 15, 2023, 01:55:03 pm »
Cleaned me PC fans out, used needle nose tweezers to get big lumps of dust out the fans and grills that compressed air or earbuds couldn't shift - well worth it, running about 10 degrees cooler now

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3673 on: January 16, 2024, 08:34:16 am »
i dont have a gaming PC so i watch a twitch streamer for PC games i fancy but wont get to play - been watching Rogue Trader, game is fucking amazing

i realise it's also on the latest gen consoles but i won't be bothering with them unless/until they slash their prices, anyway, it's clearly a PC game and not well suited for consoles
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3674 on: January 19, 2024, 09:53:11 am »
Was there a VR thread? Because I am sure this applies to Consoles as well, just seen the Disney Holotile for VR etc

about 3 mins in if it doesn't start there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/68YMEmaF0rs&amp;t=200s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/68YMEmaF0rs&amp;t=200s</a>

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3675 on: January 22, 2024, 11:24:50 am »
Hello All.

First time PC builder here and looking for some advice/debate on my proposed build and then specifically around what sort of Monitor to pair with it.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2tFbdH

High level for those that don't want to click = 7800X3d CPU / 32GB DDR5 Ram / RTX 4070 Super.

I mainly play 4x games - Civ/Stellaris/Old World - but want to be able to play huge maps & large player counts with very quick turn times - hence the CPU/RAM above. That said, the first game I play on this will be Baldurs Gate 3 and I want that running smoothly and looking great. I think the PC will become my system of choice for single player, open world RPGs and I want it all looking sexy :) To achieve all this I think I'm already looking at a pretty decent GPU, so im leaning towards the 4070 super based on a load of research looking at benchmarks etc.

The main question, or doubt, I have is around the monitor. Some games (maybe most?) that I play are going to be exceptional at 4K regardless of the FPS count - Im thinking those 4x titles mainly, perhaps BG3 as I hear it's not particularly GPU intensive. However, if I buy a 4k monitor for those, am I kinda shooting myself in the foot for those big RPGs that might release in the future that would actually be better running at 1440p and higher FPS?

Coming across from being a console gamer, this is a really tough decision to make as there's not really anywhere you can go and see a 1440p display running at 144FPS vs a 4K at 60 FPS and *see* the difference.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3676 on: January 22, 2024, 12:42:08 pm »
Gamers tend to be of the opinion that the 1440p @ 144Hz is a better option than 4K @ 60Hz

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3677 on: January 22, 2024, 01:06:36 pm »
I have no real experience in terms of 1440p displays as I'm basically playing on my 4K-TV, but I wouldn't think there's a lot of difference in terms of visual quality, if you're using a good monitor. If your preference is smoothness and higher FPS then I'd go with 1440p.

Like the config, but the 850W powersupply could be a bit overkill in my view. I'd also prefer having two SSDs in my PC. A smaller one (500 Gigs or 1TB) specifically for the OS (and maybe some programmes like VLC or 7Zip or even Steam) and a bigger one (2TB) basically as storage space for other things like games (the Steam library). That depends on your gaming and PC-usage habbits though. I just feel that for me it's the right solution.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3678 on: January 22, 2024, 01:08:40 pm »
I have no real experience in terms of 1440p displays as I'm basically playing on my 4K-TV, but I wouldn't think there's a lot of difference in terms of visual quality, if you're using a good monitor. If your preference is smoothness and higher FPS then I'd go with 1440p.

Like the config, but the 850W powersupply could be a bit overkill in my view. I'd also prefer having two SSDs in my PC. A smaller one (500 Gigs or 1TB) specifically for the OS (and maybe some programmes like VLC or 7Zip or even Steam) and a bigger one (2TB) basically as storage space for other things like games (the Steam library). That depends on your gaming and PC-usage habbits though. I just feel that for me it's the right solution.

850W was added with potential future upgrades in mind. Though I guess if I do upgrade, the PSU can also be added at that point as well.  Thanks for suggestions on the 2 SSDs, I like that idea.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3679 on: January 22, 2024, 01:26:28 pm »
850W was added with potential future upgrades in mind. Though I guess if I do upgrade, the PSU can also be added at that point as well.  Thanks for suggestions on the 2 SSDs, I like that idea.

I'd pay a little bit more and get this motherboard instead, has 3 m.2 slots and enough PCIe lanes to run them plus GPU

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-B650-TOMAHAWK-WIFI

I have this board, same cpu, 64gb ddr5, Zotac 4090, 3 WD m.2 ssd's, windows is on an older sn580 but have 2 x 2tb sn850x for games and apps, fast as fuck and hardly breaks sweat