Author Topic: Ask the next person a question  (Read 547880 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask the next person a question
« Reply #12720 on: January 8, 2023, 04:22:41 pm »
Drink alcohol. Oh wait...

Do you go on any other footy forums?

No and it won't be long before I stop coming on here the way this place is going - it's like a collection of spoilt crying 5yr old brats.

Were you any good at sport in school?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #12721 on: January 9, 2023, 06:24:46 pm »
Yeah quite good at a few. Played football at academy level, never quite good enough there so ended up playing decent semi pro level (6th tier) until I was about 23 when my knee packed in. Also was a decent swimmer, badminton player and runner. Horrendous at Rugby, darts, pool, cricket.

What was the fad in your school you really got into?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12722 on: January 9, 2023, 08:39:04 pm »
Yeah quite good at a few. Played football at academy level, never quite good enough there so ended up playing decent semi pro level (6th tier) until I was about 23 when my knee packed in. Also was a decent swimmer, badminton player and runner. Horrendous at Rugby, darts, pool, cricket.

What was the fad in your school you really got into?

Yoyos when Coke did that promotion back in the day.  EVERYONE was doing all sorts of tricks.

What's the best combination of two colours?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12723 on: January 9, 2023, 08:39:39 pm »
Royal blue and silver.

What is the most useless piece of tech you ever bought that you ended up selling/returning it within a week?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12724 on: January 9, 2023, 09:14:37 pm »
A HD DVD player when it was being marketed as an alternative to Blu Ray. Luckily it was cheap as a bundle with an Xbox 360 but what a waste of space and money.

Most overrated band of the 90s?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #12725 on: January 10, 2023, 01:05:51 am »
A HD DVD player when it was being marketed as an alternative to Blu Ray. Luckily it was cheap as a bundle with an Xbox 360 but what a waste of space and money.

Most overrated band of the 90s?
How about the most overrated band ever, Oasis?

Will there ever be another band as big as The Beatles/Stones?

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12726 on: January 10, 2023, 09:50:21 am »
How about the most overrated band ever, Oasis?

Will there ever be another band as big as The Beatles/Stones?
There have been several bands bigger than the Stones, it's just them and U2 have done it with real longevity. As far as the Beatles go, not internationally because I can't imagine anyone would be capable of uniting people like that anymore. I would say Oasis were at least as big for a couple of years here, probably bigger at their peak. The scale of their album sales and live shows just can't be ignored, they probably could have sold out a week at Knebworth if they wanted to. Unless you were there I don't think you can really understand how fresh they felt at the time or how monumental they were in culture here (most overrated band of that era for me = Pearl Jam).

Best dressed band/group of all time?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12727 on: January 10, 2023, 11:21:23 am »
Best dressed band/group of all time?

There was a band I was into in the Britpop era called Tiger who had mullets and terribly unfashionable clothes (for the time), so much so that their record label gave them a bunch of money and were like FFS please go buy some new outfits.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ot6Rly6ooho" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ot6Rly6ooho</a>

Ahead of their time.

Have you/would you ever dance on a stage in a club on your own?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12728 on: January 10, 2023, 01:55:44 pm »

Have you/would you ever dance on a stage in a club on your own?
Not a fucking chance.   ;D

What's your favourite season, Winter, Spring, Summer, or Autumn? 

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12729 on: January 10, 2023, 06:29:43 pm »
Summer, all the others are shite. In England anyway

You're about to die of thirst, you can have any drink but water. What's your poison?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12730 on: January 10, 2023, 08:00:35 pm »
Just some squash/cordial, something non-carbonated that actually quenches.

Is being told you’re doing well just by paying your bills each month Tory propaganda?

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #12731 on: January 10, 2023, 10:42:10 pm »
Kone

What position will Liverpool finish the season in ?
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12732 on: January 11, 2023, 10:44:47 am »
Kone

What position will Liverpool finish the season in ?

4th.

If you went to a red carpet event like the Golden Globes, would you wear something traditional/understated, or would you dress in something more outlandish?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12733 on: January 11, 2023, 10:54:30 pm »
Something traditional with small touches or twists to stand out. Nothing too wild. Nor would I ever be arsed about attending such an event.

Have luxury goods become easier to buy, or are people now just more likely to spend on them and prioritise them over saving for things like buying a home?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #12734 on: January 12, 2023, 12:05:41 pm »
Have luxury goods become easier to buy, or are people now just more likely to spend on them and prioritise them over saving for things like buying a home?

Of those two options, I think the latter but with elements of the former. People seem to be spending more on luxury and short-term spending, but also brands that were previously the preserve of Paris, London, New York fashion areas now have concessions in department stores and high-street frontage in provincial cities.

However, a third reason for there being more of them about is hooky copies from China.

On that note, what's the best thing you've ever bought off the market?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12735 on: January 18, 2023, 11:16:09 pm »
Circa maybe 1999, a CD book full of bootleg PlayStation games for a chipped PSOne. Must have had 200 in there and some true classics; Wipeout, Final Fantasy VII, ISS 2, Tekken 2 etc. Endless fun. The bloke was known to chip your console for you too if asked nicely and subtly.

Have you ever made an investment that’s gone poorly?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12736 on: January 19, 2023, 09:45:31 am »
Circa maybe 1999, a CD book full of bootleg PlayStation games for a chipped PSOne. Must have had 200 in there and some true classics; Wipeout, Final Fantasy VII, ISS 2, Tekken 2 etc. Endless fun. The bloke was known to chip your console for you too if asked nicely and subtly.

Have you ever made an investment that’s gone poorly?

I shorted Tesla in a 3x short ETF a couple of years ago - so the price goes up 3x every point Tesla goes down. So if Tesla starts the day at 1000 points and ends it at 900, my ETF goes up by 300 points, vastly oversimplified but you get the point. I still think it's a huge bubble, Elon is a madman and the market cap is predicated upon Tesla holding over 100% of the current size of the entire global car market, but people seem to love it.

It's about 95% down right now, under $100.

Fortunately I made some trades around the same time that mean I'm more than above water, but it's still irritating. I'll HODL until the Musk empire collapses, I just hope it collapses slowly so I can benefit from the compounded gains.

If you were elected to your local council/municipality, what would you make your priority to change?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12737 on: January 19, 2023, 09:54:07 am »
Make sure the satellite villages actually got gritted in winter! Allocate funding to increase PCSO presence and actually put some money into keeping land out of the hands of developers with protective covenants and protection for the green gaps.

Best console of all time?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12738 on: January 19, 2023, 10:10:25 am »
Make sure the satellite villages actually got gritted in winter! Allocate funding to increase PCSO presence and actually put some money into keeping land out of the hands of developers with protective covenants and protection for the green gaps.

Best console of all time?

SNES.

Best time period for a movie to be set in?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12739 on: January 19, 2023, 12:57:29 pm »
Completely depends on the genre but I like late 80's/early 90's mainly because of Terminator/Rocky.

Have you ever lost your shit at a co-worker? If yes what was the reason

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12740 on: January 19, 2023, 01:42:39 pm »
Completely depends on the genre but I like late 80's/early 90's mainly because of Terminator/Rocky.

Have you ever lost your shit at a co-worker? If yes what was the reason

Yes,  loads of times. Once working in a sales office, we were all responsible for answering the phone and transferring the call to the appropriate person.
We had a policy of  emailing everyone in the office of really important calls you were waiting for.
The Associate Director and I were both waiting on such calls.
The phone rings and I answer with great expectation. 
It was the client for the Associate Director.  I cant put the call through as hes on the other line. As Im waiting for him to end the current call, I get an email that my urgent call has come through but they couldnt put them through as I was on the line (waiting for the AD to finish)

I go over to his desk and discover hes on the phone to his wife.  I explain the situation and he asks for 2 minutes.
I get the call through when hr finally hangs up. Call back my client, whos secretary tells me tried to call me but I was busy
and now hes in a meeting,

I lost my shit.  Went over to the ADs desk and starting smashing his hand receiver onto the desk until it breaks calling him a selfish lazy c*nt. He gets up and says Im going down for a smoke. So I push his monitor over and realise Im looking the bad guy in all this. So I open his draw, steal his crisps and go back to my desk and seeth.

Do you have any lucky clothes or items?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #12741 on: January 20, 2023, 01:46:44 pm »

Do you have any lucky clothes or items?

nah - don't believe in 'luck'

even when i was playing footy i'd have lads around me putting the right boot on first or not washing a shirt when we won or wearing their girl's chain etc

i just got on with it

have you ever met anyone famous - i haven't, well, jimeoin the comedian and got a selfie but that's about it
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12742 on: January 20, 2023, 02:05:16 pm »

have you ever met anyone famous - i haven't, well, jimeoin the comedian and got a selfie but that's about it
Met or briefly spoken to?
Did this with Bill Shankly and Paul McCartney, although I did back Robert Plant with my band for 2 songs, Ibiza 1984.

Who alive or dead would you love to go for a pint with?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12743 on: January 20, 2023, 02:06:42 pm »

Keith Chegwin was at the Oxford Union bar one night, got a selfie with him. The Icelandic Prime Minister came upstairs to our football drinks one day as well, the one that got arrested for their banking system going tits up in 2008. I was at uni with Jim Waterson from the Guardian as well, nice bloke.

Do you floss?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12744 on: January 20, 2023, 02:08:21 pm »
Met or briefly spoken to?
Did this with Bill Shankly and Paul McCartney, although I did back Robert Plant with my band for 2 songs, Ibiza 1984.

Klopp.

They say never meet your heroes, but he's one man I think would be great in real life and not be a disappointment.

Which famous sports star, living or dead, would you like to be if you could swap bodies? I'd love to experience riding a MotoGP bike as Rossi or Marquez
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #12745 on: January 20, 2023, 02:15:43 pm »
Thought this...

Keith Chegwin

...was just a particularly unique response to this...

;D

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12746 on: January 20, 2023, 02:20:30 pm »
 :lmao

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12747 on: January 21, 2023, 01:53:32 pm »
Klopp.

They say never meet your heroes, but he's one man I think would be great in real life and not be a disappointment.

Which famous sports star, living or dead, would you like to be if you could swap bodies? I'd love to experience riding a MotoGP bike as Rossi or Marquez
Ronaldo (Brazilian) in his prime, the way he would score goals for fun and make it look like the easiest thing ever.

Which player do you wish never played for our club?

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #12748 on: January 21, 2023, 02:44:59 pm »
Ronaldo (Brazilian) in his prime, the way he would score goals for fun and make it look like the easiest thing ever.

Which player do you wish never played for our club?

balotelli

do you have any scars (think big here like jaws the movie)
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #12749 on: January 22, 2023, 11:35:22 am »
balotelli

do you have any scars (think big here like jaws the movie)

Yeah. But not Jaws level!
 Big knife one on my left thumb when I grabbed a would-be muggers short little knife. Only one really. I do have a few other things damaged over the years but unfortunately for the purpose of sporting aesthetics that the chicks dig, not scars

Would you post in the FSG thread to start your Sunday morning? Reasons please

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12750 on: January 22, 2023, 12:40:53 pm »
Yeah. But not Jaws level!
 Big knife one on my left thumb when I grabbed a would-be muggers short little knife. Only one really. I do have a few other things damaged over the years but unfortunately for the purpose of sporting aesthetics that the chicks dig, not scars

Would you post in the FSG thread to start your Sunday morning? Reasons please
Very rarely post anything on the main forum these days. So, no.

If LFC were a rock band, who would be the lead guitarist? 

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #12751 on: January 22, 2023, 12:53:25 pm »
Very rarely post anything on the main forum these days. So, no.

If LFC were a rock band, who would be the lead guitarist? 

Fowler... Would Linda be Yoko?  :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12752 on: January 22, 2023, 03:01:15 pm »
Fowler... Would Linda be Yoko?  :D
Far too good lucking to be mentioned with Yoko.
I wonder what first attracted her to the Billionaire American.  ;)

Are there any teams around Europe that you take an interest in?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12753 on: January 22, 2023, 03:11:02 pm »
Far too good lucking to be mentioned with Yoko.
I wonder what first attracted her to the Billionaire American.  ;)

Are there any teams around Europe that you take an interest in?

Mainly based on places I've been and adored. I like to follow teams only of I've experienced the place a bit. Unfortunately most of these teams end up being fairly meh. Nice are a bit dull. Florence... and I refuse to watch PSG.
There's a lot really but I follow Porto (a very Liverpool like city) to the point I have Draco slippers and I know every dickhead says our new signings are great but I was aware of Diaz from both footie manager and my own watching before we signed him. And to a lesser extent (not Porto was he) Nunez. I actually hate football in a long way but it pays my wages and Liverpool is spiritual for me so it helps to have some teams in less polluted leagues that can engross me. Porto are the apex of this philosophy really. Portuguese football is actually very relatable. It's not like I respect the club Barcelona as much as the city. I refuse to follow any London clubs out of principle but as that's a foreign country I suppose at the top tier I enjoy West Ham better than the alternatives but the lower league times that would really charm me are never televised so you fall into the crap football-on-telly pyramid. Scottish footie is boring. I don't have a method to view every league. When I got bang into Porto I was hunting down every foreign stream and still missed loads of games.

What's the most boring fixture for you in football?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 03:15:33 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12754 on: January 22, 2023, 09:06:24 pm »

What's the most boring fixture for you in football?
Used to enjoy the Old Firm Derby back in the day before it turned into the Scottish Sunday Park League.
Massive yawn now.

Could you cope without Social Media?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12755 on: January 22, 2023, 09:14:40 pm »
Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat could disappear right now and I wouldn't even notice. Twitter I'd struggle without as it's great for catching up on news, viewpoints etc. I've learnt so much about the Tories that I'd never have known otherwise.

Best and worst Liverpool kits?

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12756 on: January 22, 2023, 09:19:51 pm »
Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat could disappear right now and I wouldn't even notice. Twitter I'd struggle without as it's great for catching up on news, viewpoints etc. I've learnt so much about the Tories that I'd never have known otherwise.

Best and worst Liverpool kits?
Best was the 83/84 kit.
The worst was the 92/93. Fucking hated that.

Best all time opponent teams kit?

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12757 on: January 24, 2023, 02:28:21 pm »
Best all time opponent teams kit?
Mostly the classic Hummels kits, to pick one I'd say Coventry City 2019-20 (given that every team is an opponent team). Look at that, it's just lovely:

Which horrible kit of the past or present do you think is actually underrated? I always thought the Hull City tiger print kit was awesome.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12758 on: January 24, 2023, 08:24:07 pm »
Barcelona 2013. Kept getting slated as a Powerpoint kit but I thought it looked smart.

Which sponsor would you love to replace Standard Chartered with?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12759 on: January 24, 2023, 10:16:14 pm »
Barcelona 2013. Kept getting slated as a Powerpoint kit but I thought it looked smart.

Which sponsor would you love to replace Standard Chartered with?

a charity.

best comic book character?