Author Topic: Benfica Away  (Read 55364 times)

Offline ooter1

• Kopite
Re: Benfica Away
« Reply #400 on: April 4, 2010, 12:00:23 am »
Went to a place called 'British Bar' after the game, singing Beatles songs until four in the morning. Class.
we were in there too after the game mate,we were the lads who tried to put the massive banner up with all the managers' heads.
great night in there,the beatles' songs were great.
was it four in the morning when we finally got thrown out?
fuckin hell,no wonder me head was thumping yesterday morning..
we got a taxi to our hostel when we left,when i was walking to the metro station yesterday morning i realised we were only around the corner.:D
defo my favourite euro away of the season,hopefully 1 or 2 more to come
« Last Edit: April 4, 2010, 12:02:10 am by ooter1 »

Offline TLT

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: April 4, 2010, 12:53:35 am »
Quality pics them GeeFjay.

Hopefully see you on the next one

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: April 4, 2010, 02:02:37 am »
^ spoke to you at Lille didn't know you were off here.... sounded like you's had a good time, lets hope we get through and get valencia :D

You'll have to remind me of who you are mate and where abouts in Lille I met you. The whole day was a blur I was that bladdered.

we were in there too after the game mate,we were the lads who tried to put the massive banner up with all the managers' heads.
great night in there,the beatles' songs were great.
was it four in the morning when we finally got thrown out?
fuckin hell,no wonder me head was thumping yesterday morning..
we got a taxi to our hostel when we left,when i was walking to the metro station yesterday morning i realised we were only around the corner.:D
defo my favourite euro away of the season,hopefully 1 or 2 more to come

You must be one of the Irish lads?

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #403 on: April 4, 2010, 10:09:12 am »
Up there with some of the best Euro aways over the years in my opinion.

Had the first night in Faro and hit the Sports Club Faro O Benfica bar which was right by the side of the Marina. Ordered some local soup of the day with bread and ended up with plates full of fish, mussles plus lots of salads mixed with olive oil etc. Was a result though because we really enjoyed it. All washed down with lots of Sagres served up in ice covered pint sized glasses. Asked for the bill after a good few beers and they said but you havent had the soup yet! They then came out with loads of soup! How we came to order the fish stuff I don't know but the food part of the bill was only 10 euros for 2 off us, cheap indeed!

Caught the train up to Lisbon on the thurs morning, thought it was well comfortable and the food from the food bar good too.

Wasn't impressed with the turn out at the square although the place had a lot of character. Just a few reds about having a kick about whilst we were there.

We went down to a couple of Irish bars for a while, which were ok. Ended up in the Colombo shopping centre across the road from the ground, the place was massive,it went up in the air forever!

Thought the police weren't too bad compared to normal euro aways but the scanning of the cards was as expected a joke, with masses of people trying to get their cards scanned whilst trying to get in the ground. Quite a few had cards that wouldn't scan either, so don't know how thats going to work out. One lad that I was talking too was well pissed off, he said that he hadn't missed a euro away for 7 years and his card wouldn't scan, so he was a bit concerned.

What a terrrific stadium, the atmosphere was amazing. Especially when the whole stadium was a mass of raised scarfs. As for the eagle flying around the roof of the stadium, that was something else, great stuff!

Both hotels that we stayed in were nice and the one that we stayed at in Lisbon was particularly up market ( not always the case on euro aways! ) so we hit the bar there after the match and downed a fair few.

Train back to Faro on the fri, where we soaked up the sunshine before a late flight back to Stansted.

Quality country I thought and the locals were so polite and helpful. Good food, good beer and not a bad result ( despite a referee that I thought was intimidated by the place ).

« Last Edit: April 4, 2010, 10:31:44 am by matchball »

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #404 on: April 4, 2010, 10:22:25 am »
Got to go along with what everyone else has said, top, top Euro away and met some great lads off of here, Sweden Red (rawkite R.I.P!), Rhylred, Longworth, Pacman, ConnorYNWA.

Did the London to Lisbon on the Wednesday, so, so lucky with ticket prices. Bus for 1.40 to Marques De Pombal, brilliant price.

Met up with Longworth, Dean and Gareth, walked into town, couple of dodgy cocktails with some dodgy salty fluids and dishwater, say no more. Met up with Rhylred and Macca, just up on the train from Faro (Fair play to the real travelling KOP).

Headed into Rossio, nice square lovely evening. Few beers sat outside on a warm summers eve, nice change from the pants weather back home. Loads of dodgy crack and black dealers (or undercover bizzies?).

Rhyl red got one of them scarf sellers down from 15 to 5 euros, top haggle that.

Off to the Republic of beer (republica de cerveja) around the corner for some scran and watch the Gooners v Barca. Macca ordered us a 9 pint tower of Super Bock and became head barman.

I turned a few stomachs with my dodgy octopus starter, but held it down ok.

Andrew and i sneaked off for a couple of quad whiskies near the hotel before turning in for the night, 7 euros for 2 whiskies, which we thought was a great price.

Up next morning and off on metro to Oriente to see the longest bridge in Europe and harbour/docks area. 4 euro for a 24 hour travel card for all buses trains and trams, brilliant.

Then taxi'd over to the docks area (or docas as we are now all fluent in Portuguese) by the April 25th bridge. Great views, sunshine and cheap beers. Met Wayne and Mike. Great afternoon in the sunshine.

Back to hotel, i nearly got sliced in half by the ticket barrier at the train station, Waynes idea, not mine.

Went to team hotel 7.75 for a half a Sagres! Eventually got my shirt signed by Carra, great lad, even told me the pen wasn't working and said sorry, then had another go, thanks Jamie, legend. Phil got his photo with King Kenny, nice one.

All the lads great sports, Pepe, Stevie, Ryan, Dirk, Jamie, Rafa and last as usual Nando. Not sure what question SwedenRed asked Rafa but his face in the photo is a picture!

Went to the ground. Met loads of Benfica fans, Gareth and Dean bought us all a piss pot of beer, size of a small bucket.

Had a great chat with one of the Benfica lads telling me about the old stadium, all standing and 120 thousand and how intimidating it was and called the stadium of light - hell. Good lads.

great photo of Peter Evo sneaking in a group Benfica supporters photo.

Off to ground queued up in the wrong bit, but luckilly some locals put is right. No hassle getting in apart from all the searches. Proof of travel still not showing on the website, so not sure about all the fan card malarky.

Beautiful stadium (American owners, take note, this is what we need and what you promised to commit to 60,000 + stadium!).

Great atmosphere and that Eagle at the beginning was spine tingling stuff.

The less said about the decisions during the game, the better, but i am sure we can turn this around if we do a Benfica and put on a reciprocal crowd performance. Get campione going, or a variation of the old la bamba song going all around the ground.

On the way in a couple of lads were singing a recycled old Sissoko song, which made me laugh:-

Europa, its sad
Benfica away is not bad

Europa, its sad
But Hamburg in May is not bad

Back to Rossio afterwards, met Sion and the Carmarthen lot on the metro. Back to Republic of beer, more beers and Octopus, then bed.

Great trip, thanks to everyone. Can't wait for Atletico.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #405 on: April 4, 2010, 10:29:32 am »
Some photos, courtesy of Longworth

Me, macca and Phil by team bus

Garteh, me, Phil, Dean and Fernando

SwedenRed asks Rafa a difficult question?

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #406 on: April 4, 2010, 12:29:16 pm »
Quality pics them GeeFjay.

Hopefully see you on the next one

cheers mate and you but i'm afraid it'll be the final now if we get their, gutted to fuck but just cannot possibly make the semi's, again if we get their.

got myself a new phone for the pics, some didn't come out so well but i've been playing with the panorama function which was fun!
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: April 4, 2010, 01:39:45 pm »
Fuckin gutted I missed it, but made up everyone had a good one and hope all hands got home safe.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #408 on: April 4, 2010, 01:47:59 pm »
Fuckin gutted I missed it, but made up everyone had a good one and hope all hands got home safe.

It was a classic, you better get saving those pennies mate cos if we get through I think Madrid or Valencia is going to be another good one!

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #409 on: April 5, 2010, 12:52:41 pm »
One of the best Euro Aways I've had, the last time I remember sunshine like that on any trip was the last time we were in Portugal - Porto in Sep 2007.

Slick_Beef deserves a big mention for helping out so many people on this forum. One of the soundest blokes you could ever meet - thank you to you and your lovely missus for getting us there and back. Hopefully see you in Hamburg, drinks will be on us!
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline Ryo

• Main Stander
« Reply #410 on: April 5, 2010, 02:18:35 pm »
Boss trip, had some great time in Barrio Alto, it's a fantastic place !

Some pics :

« Last Edit: April 5, 2010, 02:22:49 pm by Ryo »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: April 5, 2010, 04:32:00 pm »
It was a classic, you better get saving those pennies mate cos if we get through I think Madrid or Valencia is going to be another good one!
Not the pennies lad. Don't get me wrong, I haven't got a pot to piss in and you can have half of it anyway. But it was all that Easter family and new grandkids melarkey that stopped me, not the few quid. Won't be at the final either if we make it because of the same thing. Fucking kids... amazing but they get harder to gyb the older they get.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #412 on: April 5, 2010, 05:52:53 pm »
did the hand scanners for fan cards materise then last Thursday night or was it more bullsh*t from the TO ??

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: April 5, 2010, 06:23:07 pm »
Yeah they did, although POT isnt showing on my purchase history yet.

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: April 5, 2010, 06:40:56 pm »
Yeah they did, although POT isnt showing on my purchase history yet.

Be interesting to see do they put POT on purchase history based just on your fancard being scanned or will they still ask for POT before updating it on your purchase history.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2010, 07:54:41 pm by Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son »
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: April 5, 2010, 07:38:09 pm »
some more
Seen the lads there at Birmingham yesterday before and after the match.

Nice beard ;D
+61 ticket exchange

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #416 on: April 5, 2010, 07:50:53 pm »
Seen the lads there at Birmingham yesterday before and after the match.

Nice beard ;D

He is doing it for charity so good for him

Offline scott

• Butterflies taste with their feet. An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: April 5, 2010, 07:53:32 pm »
He is doing it for charity so good for him
yeah i heard, sounds good.
+61 ticket exchange

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #418 on: April 6, 2010, 01:21:14 pm »
did the hand scanners for fan cards materise then last Thursday night or was it more bullsh*t from the TO ??

They did it but it's still bullsh*t people taking there mates cards with them!

Offline Lee J

• As Streetwise As An Owl - Twat Twooooo! What garden? Likes to have his nuts felt, especially now he is Tufty The Squirrel.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Work website
« Reply #419 on: April 6, 2010, 01:57:18 pm »
We got into the stadium without seeing a single scanner, all sorted at half time though.

Excellent trip, did anyone else drive between Faro and Lisbon?  Excellent roads, hardly any traffic and, more importantly, no traffic cops  :o

That Bairro Alto (sp?) was a fantastic area at night, very friendly and a great atmosphere, thank you Lisbon.
As a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people. When all the debating is done, that is really all I need to know.

Offline Lee J

• As Streetwise As An Owl - Twat Twooooo! What garden? Likes to have his nuts felt, especially now he is Tufty The Squirrel.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
    • Work website
« Reply #420 on: April 6, 2010, 02:03:02 pm »
This was spotted at Vila Nova de Milfontes on the way from Faro to Lisbon.

A sign?
As a young man Cameron looked out on the social carnage of pit closures and mass unemployment, looked at Margaret Thatcher's government and thought, these are my people. When all the debating is done, that is really all I need to know.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #421 on: April 6, 2010, 03:05:04 pm »
Me with Pepe and Fernando.

Great pics, Conor ! Great trip too ! (apart from result). Nice city and mostly friendly people - Suica bar in Rossio, late afternoon sun & bevvy, singing a few songs ! Great stuff ! Did you see an earlier post with a pic of us putting up Paul's banner ? Good travelling with you, mate - hope to meet up again, maybe Madrid/Valencia with a bit of luck !?    :D

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: April 6, 2010, 05:25:50 pm »
Still no POT showing for the game yet ???

Wonder if they will ever get to updating our purchase history online ::)

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #423 on: April 6, 2010, 05:27:45 pm »
suprised that haven't made some kind of anouncment about it seeing as they were so keen to promote the idea at benfica, maybe if we qualify they give some more info.

www.misternobody.co.uk

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: April 6, 2010, 05:29:50 pm »
suprised that haven't made some kind of anouncment about it seeing as they were so keen to promote the idea at benfica, maybe if we qualify they give some more info.
Ah your online - you've got a PM

I just hope they swiped them properly - they were funny little credit card like machines if I remember rightly - although my memoery is a bit hazy from that part of the evening  ;D

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #425 on: April 6, 2010, 05:31:47 pm »
i swear every LFC steward had one of them scanners, you tried going in the entrance for the upper tier and they jumped on us just like the guys selling sunglasses, 'swipe your card?'

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #426 on: April 6, 2010, 05:50:15 pm »
i swear every LFC steward had one of them scanners, you tried going in the entrance for the upper tier and they jumped on us just like the guys selling sunglasses, 'swipe your card?'

We was outside the stadium early on when most of the stewards were together at the point where eventually we got searched by the Benfica stewards and there were 2 machines that we got swiped on. I think there were a couple or more about too though, probably 4-6 machines about? I know not everyones cards would swipe though, especially some who had the old fancards.

Can't seeing it working as apart from some not swiping there were some with handfuls of cards ( how can you blame them ). Saw one guy on his own with 6 cards and 6 match tickets. To be honest there are bound to be cards lost as well, especially after a skinful and the body searches. In my opinion the proof of travel was although not perfect, about as good as you are going to get at the moment. I don't blame the club for trying but at least get the equipment that works because I saw several cards swiped that didn't work.

Offline monsterlfc

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #427 on: April 8, 2010, 12:17:46 am »
Looked a good trip, gutted i missed it.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: April 9, 2010, 09:24:59 pm »
One of the best Euro Aways I've had, the last time I remember sunshine like that on any trip was the last time we were in Portugal - Porto in Sep 2007.

Slick_Beef deserves a big mention for helping out so many people on this forum. One of the soundest blokes you could ever meet - thank you to you and your lovely missus for getting us there and back. Hopefully see you in Hamburg, drinks will be on us!

Cheers mate! Was class. Deffo hope to meet up with youse again in future for a pint, both sound, Hamburg in May would be perfect.. Tell you what.. My work would kill me but I'm mulling over this Madrid trip..not that far eh... Once you get this euro away bug..

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: April 9, 2010, 09:52:43 pm »
Some photos, courtesy of Longworth

Me, macca and Phil by team bus

Garteh, me, Phil, Dean and Fernando

SwedenRed asks Rafa a difficult question?

hahaha Class photos.
I asked Rafa for some money for a pint!

After that pic with Torres...He shot right past me. Must have been that smelly beard.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #430 on: March 19, 2022, 03:55:01 am »
Benfica v LFC Selling Details
24th Mar 2010 - Announcements

The Ticket Office have released the following details for our away Europa cup clash with Benfica.

Related Links
 UEFA Europa League
Quarter Final - 1st Leg
SL Benfica v Liverpool FC

To be played at the Estádio da Luz, Lisbon
On Thursday 1st April 2010
Kick off 20.05 hrs

Liverpool Football Club has received an allocation of 3497 tickets, 1403 lower tier and 2094 upper tier, for this All Ticket fixture priced at £28.50.

The Club has also received 6 wheelchair and helper tickets priced at £28.50 per pair.

Selling Arrangements

Tickets will be allocated as available and for as long as supplies last to qualifying Season Ticket Holders, Corporate Members and Members / Fan Card Holders who meet the following criteria:

Tickets will initially go on sale on Friday 26th March 2010 to supporters who purchased a ticket for ONE of the Away Champions League Group Stage matches or Away Europa League matches from season 20009/2010.

It is anticipated that a limited number of tickets will be remaining after the above sale. These will be available by Telephone only to All Season Ticket Holders, Corporate Members and Members / Fan Card Holders from 9.15am to 12pm on Sunday 28th March.

Telephone Sale

Tickets will be available on 0844 844 0844 (Overseas (0044) 870 220 2151). Bookings will require all Fan Card numbers to be provided and the applicants address to be confirmed.

Window Sale

Supporters must present completed European away application forms and the Fan Cards when applying at the Ticket Office.
Forms can be obtained from the Ticket Office or downloaded from our website: www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets.

Postal Application

Applicants must complete a European Away Ticket Application Form; the Fan Card number must be quoted, and a return self addressed envelope and a daytime telephone number must also be included. Cheques must be made payable to Liverpool Football Club and include the Special Delivery fee of £5.65 (if applicable). All applications must be received at the Ticket Office by Thursday 25th March 2010.

If you wish to collect your tickets from the Ticket Office please state this clearly on your application form. You will be contacted when your tickets are ready to collect.
All applicants who have not asked to collect their tickets will have them posted by Special Delivery and be charged accordingly (see above).

N.B. There will be no duplicates tickets available for this fixture.

Please Note: Supporters can purchase one ticket per qualifying Fan Card.
Supporters can purchase tickets for up to a maximum FOUR qualifying Fan Cards at the Ticket Office window. Supporters wishing to purchase a greater number of tickets MUST apply by postal application.

Applications should be addressed to: -

Liverpool Football Club
PO Box 204
Liverpool
L69 4PQ

IMPORTANT PROOF OF TRAVEL INFORMATION

Liverpool Football Club is trialling new software that will allow supporters to register their attendance at away European games by swiping their Fan Card; this will remove the requirement for supporters to provide proof of travel. ALL supporters travelling to Benfica must present their Fan Card when requested to; failure to do so may result in the match being removed from your purchase history. The Club would encourage all travelling supporters to arrive at the ground early to allow plenty of time to go through the process. You should still use the match ticket as normal for entry into the stadium.

N.B. Tickets for future away Europa League matches may be allocated on the basis of using the data from previous away Champions League and Europa League matches from both the current and the previous season.

No refunds on tickets will be considered after Monday 29th March 2010.

Ticket Office hours

Monday - Friday
8.15am - 5.30pm
Sunday 28th March
9.15am - kick-off

If collecting tickets at the Sunderland Home match on 28th March we advise you arrive before 2pm.

Please note telephone booking lines will open at 8.30am Monday - Friday.

what is this new software?

BUMP
Wow 12years

Offline nearly40

• .....even though my profile says 48!
  • Anny Roader
  • KOP stand up! Stand up the KOP!
« Reply #431 on: March 19, 2022, 09:40:15 am »
'The evidence shows conclusively that Liverpool fans neither caused nor contributed to the deaths of 96 men, women and children.'

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #432 on: March 24, 2022, 12:15:44 pm »
^^^^
Thanks

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: March 24, 2022, 01:31:41 pm »
Liverpool FC has released the following ticket information for the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final at Benfica on Tuesday April 5.

Kick-off at the Estadio da Luz is at 8pm local time.

The club has received an allocation of 3,250 tickets for this all-ticket fixture. In line with UEFA guidelines, a further 200 top category seats have been allocated to be used as part of the players' allocation, staff, travelling club staff and VIPs.

Ticket prices: £37.61

Ticket sales notice: Benfica and the Portuguese authorities have requested that a robust verification process is in place for the issuing of tickets, and the club will therefore be carrying out a ticket collection process for this fixture.

Following an internal review and consultation with supporter groups after the Internazionale away fixture, we will be making changes to improve the process.

Tickets will be issued in the form of an e-ticket and will include the full name and passport number of the supporter using the ticket and attending the game.

We are working on securing a venue for the ticket collection point and anticipate that it will be in the centre of Lisbon. 

We can also confirm that the collection point will be open on Monday April 4 from 5pm-8pm (local time), and again from 10am-7.30pm (local time) on matchday. 

Further information regarding the ticket collection process will be sent to the supporter who has made the booking on Friday April 1. 

Benfica have informed us that ticket checks will be in place around the stadium before entry is permitted. Therefore, to avoid any issues in Lisbon, we strongly advise supporters adhere to the following:

WHEN COMPLETING THE ONLINE FORM

The details of EVERY SUPPORTER ATTENDING must be provided at point of sale:

First name
Surname
Address
Date of birth
Country of birth
Passport or National Identity Number
Mobile number
Email address
Outbound travel date
Method of travel into Lisbon - plane/car/coach/train
Estimated time of arrival into Lisbon
Accommodation details
Return travel date
If duplicate supporter details are provided for more than one ticket, only one ticket will be issued for that supporter. 

Fans are advised that name changes cannot be made once tickets have been purchased. Refunds will also not be considered for duplicated supporter records.

The ‘ticket distribution’ option is not available for this fixture.

TICKET COLLECTION PROCESS

To speed up the ticket collection process and to assist with queue management, we ask that ONLY ONE of the supporters named on the online form within each booking collects ALL tickets in that booking. 

The person making the booking will receive the ticket collection email on Friday April 1, which will include:

A unique reference number for the whole booking
Address and opening/closing times of the ticket collection point
Tickets will be issued to the supporter collecting the tickets only if:

They are named as one of the supporters on the online form
Proof of ID is provided - UK driving license or passport is accepted
They bring a copy of the ticket purchase confirmation email that will include the names of the supporters provided on the online form 
They bring a copy of the ticket collection email that will include the unique reference number
As both emails are sent to the supporter purchasing the tickets, it is the responsibility of that supporter to ensure the emails are forwarded to the supporter collecting the tickets. 

TICKET SALE DETAILS

Tickets are available online and you may have to queue at times.

Tickets will be available to season ticket holders and official Members who purchased the following Champions League away fixtures during the 2019-20 season:

Atletico Madrid
FC Salzburg
KRC Genk
SSC Napoli
First sale: Tickets will be available ONLINE to season ticket holders and official Members who purchased TWO or more of the above Champions League away fixtures recorded during the 2019-20 season.

Time of sale: From 11am Friday March 25 until 12.30pm Monday March 28.

First sale status: Guaranteed - one ticket per qualifying supporter, up to a maximum of 10 tickets per booking.

Second sale: Tickets will be available ONLINE to season ticket holders and official Members who purchased ONE of the above Champions League away fixtures recorded during the 2019-20 season.

Time of sale: From 1pm until 2.30pm Monday March 28.

Second sale status: Not guaranteed - one ticket per qualifying supporter, up to a maximum of four tickets per booking.

If tickets remain, a third sale will then take place as follows:

Third sale: Tickets will be available ONLINE to all season ticket holders and official Members.

Time of sale: From 3pm Monday March 28 until 8am Tuesday March 29.

Third sale status: Not guaranteed - one ticket per qualifying supporter, up to a maximum of four tickets per booking.

Disabled: We will be provided with nine wheelchair bays and associated personal assistants priced at £37.61 for the pair.

Qualifying wheelchair supporters should contact us to register their interest no later than 4pm Friday March 25 by emailing disability@liverpoolfc.com and marking the subject field - Benfica Away.

Please note that if the number of applications exceeds the number of wheelchair bays available, a ballot will take place with priority given to those who have recorded the highest number of European away games from the 2019-20 season.

Hospitality members: Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand executive box holders, premium level and Centenary club members should contact the hospitality team on 0151 264 2222, option 2.

STADIUM ENTRY

Benfica have advised that all fans will be refused entry if:

They are not in possession of their passport
The name on the ticket does not match the name on the passport
An attempt has been made to remove or change the details on the ticket
There will also be enhanced body searches in operation, with additional ticket checkpoints in place prior to fans reaching the turnstiles. 

Under 3’s are not permitted into the stadium.

TICKET CREDITS

As previously stated, tickets purchased this season WILL NOT BE USED AS CREDITS IN FUTURE SEASONS. This policy is still in place and will not be changed this season.

As a result of the ongoing pandemic impact, WE WILL NOT BE USING THIS GAME AS A CREDIT DURING THE CURRENT SEASON EITHER. We do not want supporters to feel obliged to travel when they do not feel comfortable doing so.

This policy will be reviewed on a game-by game basis during the competition this season, with details provided ahead of each game.

OVERSEAS SUPPORT

We would also like to remind supporters that important safety information for supporters travelling to Lisbon will be provided in the lead up to the game. 

The information provided is in conjunction with Portuguese authorities and LFC club officials, and we strongly advise that you follow all the information and instructions given.                                       

For further away support information, click here.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS INTO PORTUGAL

We advise that supporters refer to and meet the entry requirements on the UK Government website for the latest updates and read the conditions for stadium entry here.

Please note that Liverpool FC will not be responsible for any supporter being refused entry either into the stadium, the city of Lisbon or the country of Portugal.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #434 on: March 24, 2022, 05:25:14 pm »
e-tickets for a Euro away but collected on the day - there's a first. Not sure how it'll work exactly but hope it goes smoothly for everyone.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 05:27:09 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.