Author Topic: Benfica Away  (Read 55123 times)

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
Re: Benfica Away
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2010, 02:45:30 pm »
The lad I'm going with lost his fancard about two years ago, asked the TO for it to be replaced after Fiorentina but never got one. Will still be alright sending them boarding passes in I reckon. Finally that "Supporters must be in posession of their Fan Card at all time" paragraph starts to make sense. Think it's a step in the right direction this!

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #201 on: March 25, 2010, 02:46:00 pm »
We're not flying back till the Saturday, and I'm wondering if anybody knows how much/hard it would be to get tickets for Sporting v Rio Ave on the Friday night?

que? a match on friday night? glad i'm not going back till saturday either! was hoping to pop over to sporting to have a look at the ground on the friday if i'm capable.
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Master ScouseKnee

• Kopite
  • Oh, the sun is on the Harbour
« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2010, 02:49:58 pm »
We're not flying back till the Saturday, and I'm wondering if anybody knows how much/hard it would be to get tickets for Sporting v Rio Ave on the Friday night?

Doubt it woul be too hard their capacity is 50,000 and their average attendance is about 20,000
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:51:40 pm by Master ScouseKnee »
Bored of manufactured consent

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2010, 03:02:22 pm »
Just got the call from the lovely Rachel ;D

Offline steviewonders

• Main Stander
« Reply #204 on: March 25, 2010, 03:41:12 pm »
 Wednesday
Clear. High: 21 °C . Wind Calm. 
anyone staying in faro wed may have to bring sun hat if you're sitting outside in bar. ;D

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2010, 03:58:17 pm »
Wednesday
Clear. High: 21 °C . Wind Calm. 
anyone staying in faro wed may have to bring sun hat if you're sitting outside in bar. ;D
Gawd lad.
Talk about taring all of us with the same steriotypical brush!

Where we meeting then, mine's a pint.

Offline rafa forever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2010, 04:00:13 pm »
Just thought id pass on my pearls of wisdom ...

GETTING THERE -Jet2 Blackpool to Faro works out about Ł30 with taxes, on the Tuesday that is. Train to Lisbon is about 20 euros.

GETTING BACK - Madrid - Liverpool on the Friday is 68 euros with easyjet.
Trade count +17

Through the thick and thin.

Offline rafa forever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2010, 04:01:46 pm »
Also worth a shout - Flights back to Manchester from Faro with Jet2 on the 2nd and 3rd are only Ł10.99!
Trade count +17

Offline steviewonders

• Main Stander
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2010, 04:04:35 pm »
Gawd lad.
Talk about taring all of us with the same steriotypical brush!
:D -i've just got flip flops out too - already bringing shorts whatever the weather as it's portugal

Where we meeting then, mine's a pint.

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2010, 04:31:14 pm »
Just got the call from Paula...

Re the new Proof of Travel scheme, I said to her that one of my mates might have lost his, so she said if he can't find it by Monday he needs to call Customer Services BEFORE he travels for "alternative arrangements."

Still not a perfect system but definitely a step in the right direction. Maybe they could ask for FanCard + Passport, or just scan the Passport like they do in some hotels.

Bit of a shame they didn't think of this prior to Lille, when so many genuine regular travellers missed out.
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2010, 04:36:53 pm »
I can't believe so many of our Euro travellers can't find find their fancards.

Do these people not go to home games?

I know you can still get paper tickets through general sales but I'd have thought most regulars would be members cos general sales are a big fat pain in the arse.
Long live the King

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2010, 04:54:47 pm »
When we went 4 years ago,found some great bars/restaurants,in the santo amaro docks area,great view of the 25th april bridge from there....anybody staying in the parque edwardo area,hard rock cafe is about 10 minutes walk away...also as you come up the steps of the metro by the ground,loads of mobile bars,selling beer,wine,food etc....

Online kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2010, 04:56:14 pm »
I just had the call from the T.O, so good to go! YES.

If anyone wants to share accommodation let me know, as im a bit cash strapped after paying for flights, and definitely want to save some money for beer tokens.

Going out on the Wednesday, back on the Friday.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2010, 04:59:40 pm »
I just had the call from the T.O, so good to go! YES.

If anyone wants to share accommodation let me know, as im a bit cash strapped after paying for flights, and definitely want to save some money for beer tokens.

Going out on the Wednesday, back on the Friday.

Sent you a PM

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2010, 05:14:00 pm »
I'm not going, but my mate is taking my fan card and swiping it for POT. Sorted.

Offline steviewonders

• Main Stander
« Reply #215 on: March 25, 2010, 05:17:05 pm »
When we went 4 years ago,found some great bars/restaurants,in the santo amaro docks area,great view of the 25th april bridge from there....anybody staying in the parque edwardo area,hard rock cafe is about 10 minutes walk away...also as you come up the steps of the metro by the ground,loads of mobile bars,selling beer,wine,food etc....

;) the docas is bit pricey however nice the view of bridge. it'll be scruffy little local bars for us as usual- though might have little journey on train out to paddle me feet in the sea. 

Online kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2010, 05:18:10 pm »

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2010, 05:41:36 pm »
We'll be driving up from Faro to Lisbon Thursday morning, coming back Friday morning. Anyone who wants a lift and can put 20 Euros towards petrol, parking, etc. drop me a line.

And if you want a say in the choice of music then it's an extra fiver ;)

NO WEAK BLADDERS PLEASE!
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2010, 05:50:39 pm »
oh dear, look at the state of this lot, some familar faces i see! ;D

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=110682.msg1780143#msg1780143

www.misternobody.co.uk

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2010, 06:06:19 pm »
courtesy of Veinticinco de Mayo, quality boss thanks for the info ;)

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=99181.msg1744587#msg1744587

Just been doing a bit of work in preparation from the trip, which included trawling the RAWK Benfica threads for tips.  I've stuck the whole lot together here for anyone who is interested.  Those in the know please feel free to send in corrections/additions and I'll try and keep it uptodate.

GETTING THERE
From the Airport
Taxi: Metered taxis are available 24 hours a day and are situated outside the Arrivals and Departures areas. Bus: The CARRIS AeroBus no.91 runs to the city centre (journey time: 20 minutes) and to the Cais do Sodré railway station.
Every day between 7.45 a.m. and 8.45 p.m., departures every twenty minutes. Fare EUR 1.10

http://www.carris.pt/en/index.php?area=servicos&subarea=servicos_tur_aerobus

From further afield
For those arriving via Faro or Porto and not lucky enough to be on the Cowtown Chara, Portuguese rail details here:
http://www.cp.pt/cp/displayPage.do?vgnextoid=87cbd5abe2a74010VgnVCM1000007b01a8c0RCRD&lang=en
Benfica1904 gave this additional train advice: 
If you coming to Lisbon by train from Porto or Faro, there are 3 train services: Alfa Pendular (AP), Intercidades (IC) and Regional/Inter-Regional (R/IR). Alfa Pendular has less stops and the trains itself are a lot faster and more confortable (TV, headphones, etc), the journey takes less than 3 hours. Intercidades stops at several towns and the trains are slower, the journey can take about 4 hours (Faro - Lisbon). Regional  and Inter-Regional stops everywhere, journey can take more than 5 hours. So if you're in a hurry buy tickets for AP trains.  When you arrive you can choose between Oriente Station and Santa Apolónia Station (this is the last station), I'd definitely recommend Oriente, because you can get on the underground there, unlike Santa Apolonia (2007 only).

GETTING AROUND – Lisbon Metro

http://www.metrolisboa.pt/Portals/0/DiagramaRede2009.pdf

For central Lisbon / Rossio Sq use either Rossio on the green line or Baixa on the Blue Line.

For the stadium use either Alto Dos Moinhos or Colegio Militar / Luz both on the blue line.

If I understand the system correctly, all these stations are in the central zone so you’ll just need a EUR0.70 single ticket. The metro runs until 1am.  One final bit of advice from Tetti on getting the Metro to the ground:  “Words of warning though - they let people in and out through two gates only at the ground. Takes an age to get in and out I am told.  Go early and go to the shopping mall nearby, with some good bars in it.”

Jimbo has also posted this excellent map of Central Lisbon, very useful if you want to find your hotel:
http://www.map2000.de/europe/portugal/lisbon/homeen.html

BARS
The concensus for a matchday meeting point seems to be Rossio Square (below) or the quieter Praça da Figueira next door:

skcrean adds: “Rossio square should be brilliant during the day/build up to the game but like they say it will be quiet afterwards. As always there is the usual Irish bar which I'm sure will be full afterwards, there are actually 2 near to the Casa Da Sodre (central train station) the best one being Hennessy's which actually backs onto a very ropey red light district (some fo the women here make the girls in the grafton look good!) with all your usual scandanavia bar etc etc plus a strip bar called the Liverpool bar which I'm sure will get some buisness!”

Timeout also recommends the following:
The Bairro Alto is a bar-crawler’s paradise. Among the classics are beery Estádio (Rua Săo Pedro de Alcântara 11), plush Pavilhăo Chinęs and the straight/gay mix at Portas Largas (Rua da Atalaia 105). Clube da Esquina (Rua da Barroca 30) is one of the area’s groovy music-driven bars.

Benfica1904s tip for evening drinking and for watching the Wednesday night games are the bars in the Parque das Naçőes area.  Metro stop: Oriente

SCRAN
Feel the need for some fresh sardines to wash down with that Superbock? There are lots of restaurants in the Rossio, Restaurados, Baixa and Barrio Alto areas. Benfica1904 recommends: On the first map between Rua Augusta and Rua da Prata (right where that red target is) there's a street (rua) full of restaurants and esplanades. No cars there so it's a nice and quiet place. If you want something poshy then Chiado (metro statio Baixa-Chiado) is better.

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2010, 06:20:26 pm »
brilliant that geeFJay,just dont mention fresh sardines to LONGWORTH!!!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2010, 06:53:21 pm »
hope they're not taking the piss Andrew,you know what day the match is on,very happy with the price of the tickets...mite go lower tier for this one,was in the gods for the 2006 game,bloody eagle nearly got maccos pie!!!!!
Was flippin steep up there. Seem to remember someone falling over and a 'domino effect' rippling down towards the front. Lads at the very front were lucky not to go over the edge!

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet Ł50, get Ł50 free
« Reply #222 on: March 25, 2010, 08:16:46 pm »
Potentially idiotic question, but when the clocks go forward on Sunday, what will the time difference be?

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2010, 08:47:23 pm »
Nothing.
hi

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #224 on: March 25, 2010, 09:31:56 pm »
Don't mention kebabs to Geefjay or you might be confronted by the look of death
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:22:19 pm by LONGWORTH »

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 25, 2010, 11:59:38 pm »
had the call about 2ish got 2 in the lower tier
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline TLT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2010, 01:30:52 am »
Fuck sake, looks awesome. Gutted can't make this one

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2010, 01:46:30 am »
Potentially idiotic question, but when the clocks go forward on Sunday, what will the time difference be?

there shouldn't be any time difference and it should stay the same

www.worldtimezone.com click on the 'sunclock'
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:48:57 am by GeeFJay »

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #228 on: March 26, 2010, 02:15:37 am »
Don't mention kebabs to Geefjay or you might be confronted by the look of death

i still to this day i do not know the proper source of what i caught?? about 6yrs ago we spent a few weeks in cancun and i drunk so much one night that i was bed ridden for 3 days and could not stomach or even stand the sight of any drink for 6 months.

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2010, 07:43:45 am »
Ive had my application logged im just a bit worried as no-one is at home today to take the call, will this be a problem?
Could/should i make the call from my mobile and try and book a ticket that way?

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2010, 08:43:49 am »
Ive had my application logged im just a bit worried as no-one is at home today to take the call, will this be a problem?
Thats what I'm doing mate. Application was logged but no call so I'm just on the CC line now position 6!

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2010, 08:49:11 am »
Thats what I'm doing mate. Application was logged but no call so I'm just on the CC line now position 6!

If you could let me no what they say as i carnt call know in a lecture, but everyone who wants one should get one today no matter what time they call yes?

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2010, 08:50:42 am »
If you could let me no what they say as i carnt call know in a lecture, but everyone who wants one should get one today no matter what time they call yes?
Sorry mate missed your post and I've just got mine sorted. I think you should get sorted but I decided not to take any chances

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2010, 08:51:13 am »
Ticket sorted nice and easy this morning - lower tier :)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2010, 08:52:54 am »
Fuck sake, looks awesome. Gutted can't make this one

Me too. :(
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2010, 10:22:23 am »

I just put my mobile number down on the applications never put a home number as nobody is at home in the daytime, they called me on the mobile about 2 yesterday!!
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline rafa forever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2010, 10:27:03 am »
Been in position 4 for fucking ages.
Trade count +17

Offline Master ScouseKnee

• Kopite
  • Oh, the sun is on the Harbour
« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2010, 10:35:43 am »
Just got the phone call from Laura, I went for upper, what's everyone's preferences?
Bored of manufactured consent

Online kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2010, 10:39:22 am »
I didn't ask for preference when i got the call, so i think im upper looking at my purchase history

CCU/Sxx/x/00xx

My logic being CCU, as Upper? Not sure.

Offline balticred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2010, 10:40:17 am »
Just got the phone call from Laura, I went for upper, what's everyone's preferences?

Not been before but chose upper