Author Topic: It's Snowing!!  (Read 305243 times)

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
Re: It's Snowing!!
« Reply #4600 on: March 10, 2023, 09:39:35 am »
It's melting here now.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4601 on: March 10, 2023, 09:39:52 am »
The snow we had earlier in the week has all gone now, most of it had gone by yesterday evening but now totally cleared
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4602 on: March 10, 2023, 09:40:24 am »
It's melting here now.
it doesn't last long at this time of the year
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4603 on: March 10, 2023, 09:41:26 am »
About 2 inches here in Allerton. Me and the eldest had a boss snowball fight on the walk to school. Hope they let the kids get out in it for a bit today. Not seen snow like this in about ten years.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4604 on: March 10, 2023, 09:45:19 am »
This is all down to lack of preparation. This has been forecast since at least last week. There is no reason why the main roads at least shouldn't be absolutely fine today.

Without getting "remember when" which as we all know, is the lowest form of conversation, the gritters would have been out and the snow ploughs would have been on standby all week getting ready for this. The local authorities might have saved a few bob by not getting their arses in to gear, but how much has it cost the economy in general today?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4605 on: March 10, 2023, 09:48:53 am »
I definitely wouldn't be driving in those parts of the country today. It's just asking for trouble, isn't it.  :-\

Our (Stobart) drivers have no choice if youse all wanna go to Tesco and get food. The main RDC that services the North is in Goole, so every store from Wirral/Merseyside/Greater Manchester/Lancashire/Cumbria relies on those drivers making it across.

Just a bunch of c*nts in trucks though ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4606 on: March 10, 2023, 09:51:36 am »
My school is very much open :/ about 60 % of kids are in. Lots of moaning that other schools are off!
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4607 on: March 10, 2023, 09:52:24 am »
Snow is thawing out now & should be all thawed out by Sunday, when temps forecasted to go to 10C.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4608 on: March 10, 2023, 09:58:41 am »
Snow is thawing out now & should be all thawed out by Sunday, when temps forecasted to go to 10C.

It's already gone by me.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4609 on: March 10, 2023, 10:00:16 am »
Still around 2-3 inches deep here, but already starting to feel a little warmer, expecting it to all disappear by the weekend.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4610 on: March 10, 2023, 10:25:06 am »
Our (Stobart) drivers have no choice if youse all wanna go to Tesco and get food. The main RDC that services the North is in Goole, so every store from Wirral/Merseyside/Greater Manchester/Lancashire/Cumbria relies on those drivers making it across.

Of course. I should have added that I meant those who have a choice, not those who have to drive regardless.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4611 on: March 10, 2023, 10:27:08 am »
it doesn't last long at this time of the year
I think I recall it snowing like this in March a few years ago and it was thick but didn't lay for long. The Sun being higher and stronger now, sees it off pretty quickly.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4612 on: March 10, 2023, 10:37:09 am »
I think I recall it snowing like this in March a few years ago and it was thick but didn't lay for long. The Sun being higher and stronger now, sees it off pretty quickly.

Yeah, i remember that, may have been March 2012 or 13 when it snowed a week before easter, i remember going to St Helens vs Salford RL game in the snow, most of it was gone 2 days later.

It's 10 days to the March equinox, so the sun is a lot higher in the sky than in December, January, & early February, so as you say a lot warmer too.

It's not unheard of this time of year to get between 15C & 20C, then 0C & below, it's that mix coming out of winter, with spring just around the corner.
#Sausages

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4613 on: March 10, 2023, 10:58:27 am »
Couple inches thick in Sefton Park

lovely. lots of snowmen about!

lovely kind of thick white snow, naturally will cause havoc in this country  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4614 on: March 10, 2023, 11:27:17 am »
Couple inches thick in Sefton Park

lovely. lots of snowmen about!

lovely kind of thick white snow, naturally will cause havoc in this country  ;D

Just been walking around Sefton Park myself. In the sunshine it was lovely, but when it clouded up and the breeze kicked in my face went numb. 😅 I'm on Lark Lane now getting brunch

This is the best kind of snow. Deep, fluffy, and won't stick around long. I guess the authorities were too tight to grit the streets because they figured the disruption would only last 72 hours in most places.  Didn't want to incur costs.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4615 on: March 10, 2023, 12:31:03 pm »
ooh enjoy!!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4616 on: March 10, 2023, 02:55:15 pm »
Great pic Tone.

It's lovely by ours today, clear blue skies, strong sun, snow all gone, missus has had the washing out on the line. Its cold out of the sun though

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #4617 on: March 10, 2023, 03:56:15 pm »
The difference from 8am this morning when most of my team couldn't get in the office, to now when its practically a beautiful spring afternoon.

Hopefully thats the last we see of it for now.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #4618 on: March 10, 2023, 05:00:28 pm »
The difference from 8am this morning when most of my team couldn't get in the office, to now when its practically a beautiful spring afternoon.

The team or the snow or the beautiful spring? ;)

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4619 on: March 10, 2023, 05:10:19 pm »
I definitely wouldn't be driving in those parts of the country today. It's just asking for trouble, isn't it.  :-\

It's brain-dead madness mate.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4620 on: March 10, 2023, 05:14:35 pm »

As SoS says for those who have no choice like your guys fair enough but travelling back from a night out? 

Fuck off with that dickhead behaviour.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4621 on: March 10, 2023, 06:00:34 pm »

I was out in winter clothing at 7:45 this morning clearing paths. By this afternoon I was in my shorts washing the car.  :rollseyes

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #4622 on: March 10, 2023, 07:51:33 pm »
The team or the snow or the beautiful spring? ;)

:D
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4623 on: March 10, 2023, 08:12:04 pm »
As SoS says for those who have no choice like your guys fair enough but travelling back from a night out? 

Fuck off with that dickhead behaviour.

I saw one daft cow who couldn't do the 62 cos it was closed, so thought it would be a good idea to use the A Roads instead, found trapped in the car by Mountain rescue luckily.

Its fucking ridiculous though that the M62 was closed, should have been gritted and ploughed to death, they know its the main east/west artery and will be full of HGVs

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4624 on: March 10, 2023, 08:15:16 pm »
I saw one daft cow who couldn't do the 62 cos it was closed, so thought it would be a good idea to use the A Roads instead, found trapped in the car by Mountain rescue luckily.

Its fucking ridiculous though that the M62 was closed, should have been gritted and ploughed to death, they know its the main east/west artery and will be full of HGVs

As with everything in this country these days Rob, loads of shit should be done that isn't.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4625 on: March 10, 2023, 08:38:39 pm »
As with everything in this country these days Rob, loads of shit should be done that isn't.

Tory c*nts cutting budgets to the bone and we pay the price.

I'd love a meteorite to hit their next conference and kill the fucking lot of them.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4626 on: March 10, 2023, 08:53:08 pm »
Tory c*nts cutting budgets to the bone and we pay the price.

I'd love a meteorite to hit their next conference and kill the fucking lot of them.

As I said during covid, it's a pity a variance didn't select a dickhead/c*nt strain and wipe the fucking lot out 😁

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4627 on: March 10, 2023, 08:59:36 pm »
As I said during covid, it's a pity a variance didn't select a dickhead/c*nt strain and wipe the fucking lot out 😁

The amount of parties we'll have when eat of these c*nts dies.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4628 on: March 10, 2023, 09:11:38 pm »
The amount of parties we'll have when eat of these c*nts dies.

Now there's a thought but I'll probs not be around anyway 😟

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #4629 on: November 30, 2023, 09:06:21 am »
Nice to have an alarm call this morning at 6am as this car decided to plough into our wall  - the first snowfall of the season

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4630 on: November 30, 2023, 10:01:22 am »
Nice to have an alarm call this morning at 6am as this car decided to plough into our wall  - the first snowfall of the season

Oopsies 😱

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4631 on: November 30, 2023, 10:40:35 am »

Sports Utility Vehicle my arse.

Hope the wall isn't too badly damaged and that the tank is a write off.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #4632 on: November 30, 2023, 11:44:12 am »
He lives on the road and was taking it to the garage for a service.  We know a decent builder on the road who's repaired this 4 times since we've lived there.

He's done a pretty good demolition job

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4633 on: December 2, 2023, 03:51:03 pm »
Had some decent sized flakes for the last 10 mins but stopped now

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4634 on: December 2, 2023, 03:59:10 pm »
Had some decent sized flakes for the last 10 mins but stopped now

I'm supposed to be going over to Sheffield on Monday to see the family but wondering whether to postpone till Thurs when the threat of ice, sleet and snow has gone 🤔

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4635 on: December 2, 2023, 04:03:12 pm »
I'm supposed to be going over to Sheffield on Monday to see the family but wondering whether to postpone till Thurs when the threat of ice, sleet and snow has gone 🤔

Mate from work has gone to Sheffield today to meet his daughters boyfriend and is drving back to Oldham on Sunday, I'll ask him tomorrow what the roads were like

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #4636 on: December 2, 2023, 04:04:49 pm »
A few little sleet showers in Prenton.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4637 on: December 2, 2023, 04:06:52 pm »
Mate from work has gone to Sheffield today to meet his daughters boyfriend and is drving back to Oldham on Sunday, I'll ask him tomorrow what the roads were like

Cheers Rob.  I'm sure the motorways will be fine but I'll be doing Woodhead over to Tankersley/Stocksbridge then down to Hillsborough and we'll not be leaving for home till probably gone 7pm.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4638 on: December 2, 2023, 05:00:35 pm »
A few little sleet showers in Prenton.
Is that Preston with a cold?

Firt glass dicket du dottingham blease
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4639 on: December 2, 2023, 05:06:24 pm »
South and Central Cumbria have had a superb snowfall today.

Even popular places have had upwards of 6”.

Here's the Three Shires in Langdale - https://www.threeshiresinn.co.uk/webcam

Low Wood Hotel near Ambleside - https://englishlakes.co.uk/low-wood-bay/watersports/the-webcam/

Beautiful scenes!
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"