Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 778915 times)

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #3040 on: May 11, 2019, 05:12:53 pm »
Boss that Simon Hughes piece. That’s what we’ve needed. A right narky little twat. I know Ramos got a lot of shit after what he done to Salah but it massively increased their chances of winning. Shame we didn’t nobble Ronaldo like that.

What piece would that be?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #3041 on: May 11, 2019, 05:19:06 pm »
Don't think I've been as chuffed for a modern day footballer as I am for Andy. He is an absolute diamond. Shanks would have loved him. He went to the same school as my nephews and nieces attend in Glasgow, but I first came upon him when he signed for my wee Scottish team from (amateur) Queens Park. He only stayed for one season before heading down to Hull for £1M (what a steal eh?), but he played with the same intensity each and every game, left everything on the park, and you could tell he was destined for greater things than Scottish football. I recall Everton scouted him that season and thought he would be doing well if that move came off...how wrong was I. He has reached the very pinnacle of club football playing for the finest club it is possible to play for; and he still puts in the same effort as he did as a boy. Adversity as a youth has been turned into a "take every opportunity" and "take nothing for granted" attitude. He has made the position his own for as long as he wants it, and deserves every bit of praise and all the rewards he receives, yet still remains grounded and humble. A classic LFC and Klopp player. I just hope he can win a trophy this year. He was on the losing side in a Scottish Cup Final on his last appearance in his homeland, and again in Kiev last year. Third time a charm hopefully. I can't see him putting up with losing again. As I say, Shanks would have loved Andy.

:scarf :champ :scarf

Great post and totally agree, Shanks would treat this guy like a son I reckon!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #3042 on: May 11, 2019, 10:01:41 pm »
Fuckin brilliant.

Yer mad bastard Cap  :lmao :lmao :lmao
:lmao

Brilliant mate & so fitting!
^^
^
 ;D ;)
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #3043 on: May 11, 2019, 10:09:03 pm »
I'm pretty sure he won't be handing over any more signed Bobby shirts!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3044 on: May 11, 2019, 10:16:35 pm »
Did he train today?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3045 on: May 11, 2019, 10:17:53 pm »
What piece would that be?

It’s on the previous page. Ray K posted it.

EDIT:  Here it is

The real angst, though, begins in the tunnel of the Camp Nou six days earlier. It was a shame that Andy Robertson was not on the pitch for the second half when the drama really unfolded here because he had set a belligerent tone which carried through the mood of his team, clipping the world’s greatest player around back of the head when no one was looking having already dumped him on the floor in the opening minutes of the game.

Both he and Luis Suarez had spent the first leg shoving and kicking each other. They had pulled, dragged and scratched, slid and tackled. When the cameras were not there – or when Suarez knew they were out of sight as the pathway to the dressing rooms forked in different directions – Suarez went for Robertson but Robertson went back at Suarez. Robertson made a comment about Suarez’s weight, a fat so-and-so apparently. The Scot was ready to go full Begbie on him when staff intervened.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3046 on: May 11, 2019, 11:13:07 pm »
Don't think I've been as chuffed for a modern day footballer as I am for Andy. He is an absolute diamond. Shanks would have loved him. He went to the same school as my nephews and nieces attend in Glasgow, but I first came upon him when he signed for my wee Scottish team from (amateur) Queens Park. He only stayed for one season before heading down to Hull for £1M (what a steal eh?), but he played with the same intensity each and every game, left everything on the park, and you could tell he was destined for greater things than Scottish football. I recall Everton scouted him that season and thought he would be doing well if that move came off...how wrong was I. He has reached the very pinnacle of club football playing for the finest club it is possible to play for; and he still puts in the same effort as he did as a boy. Adversity as a youth has been turned into a "take every opportunity" and "take nothing for granted" attitude. He has made the position his own for as long as he wants it, and deserves every bit of praise and all the rewards he receives, yet still remains grounded and humble. A classic LFC and Klopp player. I just hope he can win a trophy this year. He was on the losing side in a Scottish Cup Final on his last appearance in his homeland, and again in Kiev last year. Third time a charm hopefully. I can't see him putting up with losing again. As I say, Shanks would have loved Andy.

Nice post mate, but you forgot his sensational year at Dundee Utd between Queens Park and Hull! I remember him well from that year - Dundee Utd were playing some beautiful football with what was a relatively technically gifted team for the SPL that year. I always looked forward to watching them play on Sportscene just before Match of the Day when we went on the title challenge in 13/14.

Armstrong, Gauld, Mackay-Steven and Andy himself went on to bigger things and that young side was broken up, and sadly Dundee Utd never recovered (and still haven’t).

I’ve been waiting years for Scotland to have a world class player and I’m proud that we’ve finally got one and that he plays in the red of Liverpool.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3047 on: May 12, 2019, 09:38:36 am »
Welcoming Messi to Anfield. :wellin :scarf

https://i.imgur.com/1WRSJzW.mp4

Long gone, reupload or sumthin?
@Yvanicuzz

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3048 on: May 12, 2019, 05:54:32 pm »
Andy, Andy, Andy Robertson!
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3049 on: May 13, 2019, 09:48:16 am »

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #3050 on: May 13, 2019, 12:49:31 pm »
Nice post mate, but you forgot his sensational year at Dundee Utd between Queens Park and Hull! I remember him well from that year - Dundee Utd were playing some beautiful football with what was a relatively technically gifted team for the SPL that year. I always looked forward to watching them play on Sportscene just before Match of the Day when we went on the title challenge in 13/14.

Armstrong, Gauld, Mackay-Steven and Andy himself went on to bigger things and that young side was broken up, and sadly Dundee Utd never recovered (and still haven’t).

I’ve been waiting years for Scotland to have a world class player and I’m proud that we’ve finally got one and that he plays in the red of Liverpool.

Sorry, my post was not clear, it was his year at Dundee Utd I was talking about. My son and I sat on the half-way line that season watching Andy bomb down the wing for 45 mins. Enjoyable season but it finished in tears, which is the norm for Utd fans. Hopefully Andy finishes this one with a beaming smile! Ironic that most of the hot prospects were bought by Celtic the following year, whilst Andy (the best of the lot) was released by them as a teenager and they still couldn't see his talent. Oh well, their loss was ultimately our gain. Look forward to him becoming the first Scottish European Cup winner this century.

Up the reds!  :scarf :champ :scarf

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #3051 on: May 17, 2019, 05:51:53 pm »
Anyone else notice that with his fringe down after the Barca game he was a dead ringer for a young Iker Casillas.

Perhaps he was lowkey trolling Barca in victory haha

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3052 on: May 17, 2019, 06:09:59 pm »
Went to the semi V Roma last year and to be honest thought it was over the top that people were singing his name, loud and often but over the past 12 months I understand that the majority of Anfield is far more perceptive than me.

Dare I ever have a favourite player ever again? Starting with Keegan, the majority of them have eventually snubbed my advances but I feel Andy is going to be a Dalglish, a Gerrard, loyal till the end. Wouldn't you like a beer with him?

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #3053 on: May 29, 2019, 11:49:21 am »
"If I was a sympathetic type, I’d probably feel sorry for opposition players coming to Anfield on European nights."

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/andy-robertson-liverpool-champions-league?fbclid=IwAR1LZaSF2jFXbUip7T1g28KwprNMQN1VyBBYEr3WaPaF0iW-C2GVkjH2E_E
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 11:52:20 am by RedSamba »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #3054 on: May 29, 2019, 12:05:20 pm »
"If I was a sympathetic type, I’d probably feel sorry for opposition players coming to Anfield on European nights."

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/andy-robertson-liverpool-champions-league?fbclid=IwAR1LZaSF2jFXbUip7T1g28KwprNMQN1VyBBYEr3WaPaF0iW-C2GVkjH2E_E

Thanks for posting. Great read.

My favourite player by a mile. As others have said, all our great managers would love this lad.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
« Reply #3055 on: May 29, 2019, 12:06:30 pm »

Got absolute goosebumps reading that.
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3056 on: May 29, 2019, 12:26:21 pm »
Amazing.  Just amazing.  Absolute role model. 

Klopp really is building a squad full of players with the right mentality and personality.

I'd much rather that than endless amounts of money.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3057 on: May 29, 2019, 12:41:45 pm »

Was just coming in here to post that. What a great read. He really is the working class hero.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3058 on: May 29, 2019, 12:50:53 pm »
Fucking love this lad.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3059 on: May 29, 2019, 01:06:31 pm »
A boss lad and boss player. Love how smart and calm he is on the ball. Watch him pass it in pockets of space that relieves the pressure off the team and helps our build up/counter attack.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3060 on: May 29, 2019, 01:10:22 pm »

What a man. Goosebumps reading that this morning. Think I might read it a half dozen more times today.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3061 on: May 29, 2019, 01:17:29 pm »
Brilliant read that

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3062 on: May 29, 2019, 01:29:01 pm »

Wow! Quality writer is Robbo

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #3063 on: May 29, 2019, 01:38:24 pm »

Cracking read.

Love his confidence to say its hard work and not luck to be where he is - just like it was hard work and not luck that we scouted and bought him. We clearly spotted not only the talent but also the mentality, and he embodies everything Klopp wants in a player - it just goes to show its not always about the club a player comes from or the price tag.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #3064 on: May 29, 2019, 01:39:54 pm »
If anyone still has doubts, this article should put them to bed. Can't wait for this young man to lift the big cup on Saturday.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3065 on: May 29, 2019, 01:50:47 pm »
What a great article. He's everything we could want in a player.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3066 on: May 29, 2019, 02:58:19 pm »
What a great read that is.

You simply cannot like the guy.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3067 on: May 29, 2019, 03:01:06 pm »
What a great read that is.

You simply cannot like the guy.

I like him!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3068 on: May 29, 2019, 03:02:51 pm »
I like him!

hahah, fucking idiot typing too fast  ;D

You simply cannot NOT like the guy

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3069 on: May 29, 2019, 03:03:43 pm »
hahah, fucking idiot typing too fast  ;D

To be fair, Caston gave you nearly 3 minutes ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3070 on: May 29, 2019, 03:04:40 pm »
To be fair, Caston gave you nearly 3 minutes ;D

I meant me!!

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3071 on: May 29, 2019, 03:18:31 pm »
Brilliant read that,  thanks for posting.

Can see what he's getting at too about the fairy tale... You spend a lifetime working on your skills,  thousands upon thousands of reps,  and then it gets called 'talent' / genius / a fairy tale rise etc.  Disrespectful,  if anything,  though you recognise its meant to be praise.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #3072 on: May 29, 2019, 03:38:53 pm »
That is superb.

This lad really "gets" playing for Liverpool and we are bloody lucky to have him.

He's gonna do a Barney Rubble on Saturday night and win it for us I tell thee!
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3073 on: May 29, 2019, 04:04:59 pm »
As soon as he was born he could cross a football
From Glasgow to hull he has given his all
And when Jurgen came for him he answered the call

A working class hero is something to be
A working class hero like our own Andy

Anfield's been waiting for 20 odd years
He'll win us the league after lifting big ears
Scottish and scouse, he knows blood, sweat and tears

He cares for the homeless and feeds the hungry
If he met your nan he'd invite her for tea
And if you ask for his shirt he will give you Bobby's

If you want to be a hero then follow his lead

I'm sure someone's done it much better, but wanted to have a go. Absolutely love Andy, great player, great man. Seems to have a good mind on him to if that article is anything to go by.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Murpheus

• Kopite
« Reply #3074 on: May 29, 2019, 06:04:02 pm »
He is a Belter!
I am he
as you are he
as you are me
and we are all
together....

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3075 on: May 29, 2019, 06:53:00 pm »
Sorry, my post was not clear, it was his year at Dundee Utd I was talking about. My son and I sat on the half-way line that season watching Andy bomb down the wing for 45 mins.

Me too. :)

(And I had him as MOTM in the Saints final.)

"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3076 on: May 29, 2019, 10:26:14 pm »
That is SOME write-up. Wow!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3077 on: May 29, 2019, 10:44:00 pm »
Blimey.. bit of dust in my eye....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #3078 on: May 29, 2019, 10:56:00 pm »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3079 on: May 29, 2019, 11:32:34 pm »
Great stuff!