Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 2 vs 1 Ajax Salah 17’ Kudus 27’ Matip 89’  (Read 16528 times)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Re: CL: Liverpool 2 vs 1 Ajax Salah 17’ Kudus 27’ Matip 89’
« Reply #160 on: September 13, 2022, 10:04:29 pm »
What did he do?

Jota was excellent

Kept ball moving went past people drew fouls had shots saved by that Jimmy Bullard looking bastard in goal
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #161 on: September 13, 2022, 10:04:53 pm »
More like 2 weeks.

Didn’t realize our next game is in October after the international break, hopefully the injury crisis is behind us by then and Koop gets the rest of this week to work with the players in training.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2022, 10:05:02 pm »
yep level on points it's on the head to head
Cheers
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2022, 10:05:13 pm »
We deserved that. Thiago MOTM followed by Tsimikas.

Our first touch at times was poor and we missed a lot of half chances.

Referee let far too much go. Salah had constantly two hands on him pushing him off the ball. They had a player who dived in the area but no yellow for that. Their players were constantly diving after the merest of touches and feigning head injury when the ball hit the player’s face. Blind moaning about time wasting when they had been at it all match.

We dug in and a great header from Joel.

Got the feeling they liked a wrestle when we had the ball but were quite happy to flop when we touched them. Alvarez committed 4 fouls before the one he was carded for. Cynical tactical fouls were not punished except when we did it. Some naughty challenges as well went unpunished.
Delighted we overcame that shower
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 10:17:35 pm by 12C »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2022, 10:05:15 pm »
What did he do?
Great close control, assist, runs, in the game. Overall he's great to have up front with his movement, dribblling, and finishing, up there along with Diaz as my fav player personally.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2022, 10:05:42 pm »
It wasn't necessarily a must-win(we couldn't lose though) but that's a MASSIVE 3 points. The performance was a lot better as well. The defence and midfield were top notch but we lacked a bit of ruthlessness in attack.

However, you from the defence to the midfield then to the attack so we are getting there.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2022, 10:05:59 pm »
Other than Bournemouth, which was a stroll in the park, that's the first game this season we've played with any intensity. That was more of our typical CL home performance in the group stage.

The spine of Matip, Thiago and Jota coming in seemed to really set the tone though with fresh legs. Tsimikas as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2022, 10:06:04 pm »
Still baby steps I agreed, but this was the first game this year where I thought we truly dominated the ball and Ajax retreated and resorted to playing like a prime Steve Bruce side. Clear as day the difference Thiago makes, but I just don't understand how we are using Trent? Said it in the HT thread, but seems daft he pops up as a centre forward.

Big 3 points there. Let's enjoy the break and come back in a few weeks.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2022, 10:06:08 pm »
:D

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jόrgen!
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2022, 10:07:16 pm »
Feigning a head injury after blocking a header with your face is so low.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskαs before the game against England in 1953

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2022, 10:07:33 pm »
Made hard work of it, but deserved result

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2022, 10:07:37 pm »
Ferdinand is butt hurt :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2022, 10:07:52 pm »
Wow did we need that, great job from the lads tonight.
Not vintage Mo but 100% better than he has been, really kept pushing and encouraging.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2022, 10:07:56 pm »
Yes Joel! 

Was doing the Maths trying to accept a point was ok but we really needed that. Time for another break, and hopefully more players back.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2022, 10:08:25 pm »
Second half wasn't as good as the first but in general everything was so much better tonight- shape, ball retention, intensity. We resembled a Klopp Liverpool team again.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2022, 10:08:35 pm »
Feigning a head injury after blocking a header with your face is so low.
Not before clearing the ball😂

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2022, 10:09:01 pm »
I love it. These teams defend and defend, with a little counter attacking in between, waste time, fall over and generally be shite at football and then they fucking lose.

Apart from Fowler, God is a Red.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2022, 10:09:04 pm »
Steven Berghuis reminds me of one of those Dutch annoying drivers I saw this summer on the road in France, driving past cars on the inside and speeding like crazy in his BMW.
Made me laugh that.
Saw some awful driving in France in the summer. As you say the Dutch were bad, but nothing compared with the Belgians (no offence to any decent Belgian drivers out there). Whenever there was any chaos, there were B number plates somewhere close.

Anyway. Good win. Played much better, arguably should have scored many more. Yet more annoying time wasting and a pedantic ref. Ball in face decision was a disgrace.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2022, 10:09:39 pm »
Cold hard stats for anyone thinking we didn't play well or deserved the win.   :wave

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2022, 10:09:50 pm »
Ferdinand is butt hurt :lmao :lmao :lmao
I could have sworn late on that the 3rd commentator was ripping him for celebrating our goal.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2022, 10:09:58 pm »
Knew Kudus would make his mark, we need to sign him.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2022, 10:10:00 pm »
The only thing I hated was Trent receiving the ball in Salah’s position from Van Dijk’s past. Can we just go a bit more conventional please.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2022, 10:10:05 pm »
fully deserved. we had all the play.  we arent creating enough clear cut chances at the moment though.

thiago was outstanding.

didnt expect them to be so physical

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2022, 10:10:12 pm »
Rio Ferdinand is the Dan Wootton of BT Sport. Utterly stupid, but thinks he’s intelligent.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2022, 10:10:29 pm »
Just what the Doctor ordered, this will kick start our season, we look a bit more refreshed, Thiago makes us tick and Jota will be back firing on all cylinders.

2 wins against Rangers and we could be top of this group, hopefully they draw 2 games which would be Utopia.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2022, 10:10:34 pm »
Cold hard stats for anyone thinking we didn't play well or deserved the win.   :wave

Yep, we battered them.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2022, 10:10:43 pm »
Much better. Anyone expecting us to go straight from the shambles of Napoli to perfection defensively is nuts - it'll take time, there will be lapses, and we'll continue figuring it out.

But the improvements were there for all to see - first, it's personnel. You bring in Matip, Thiago, and Jota and your play will improve. There's a lot of football IQ in those players. God, I hope Thiago and Matip continue to remain injury free. And if Melo, once he gets to speed, even brings a fraction of control that Thiago brings, we'll be a better team for it.

Second, tactically, we were a lot more compact than the previous game. You could see with Elliot especially that he was asked to play infield much more than previously and the midfield three were generally much tighter. Even in attack, at least in the first half, we were more confident in playing through the middle rather than always expecting Trent and Tsimi to provide creativity from the wings. However, I do think Elliot might be a weak link in our midfield at this moment. This is nothing against the lad as he is young, talented, and learning. But the high risk, high reward style that we play on the right hand side with Trent and Salah requires a different kind of midfielder, in my opinion, to complete the triangle. Again, I'm hoping it's Melo (or Keita once he's back) that provides both control and creativity.

Third, on a foundational level, just really glad to see the intensity and counter pressing back. The rest will do us good here, at least in the short term. There'll be a pile up of fixtures on the other end but I think the lads need to regain some freshness, both in limb and in mind.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2022, 10:10:53 pm »

kudus to whoever does manage to sign  him

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2022, 10:11:11 pm »
Massive relief. Well done boys.

Too emotionally spent to type analysis shite right now. All I'm gonna say is call Cafu and fly him to Liverpool to work with our backs ASAP.

Well done boys.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2022, 10:11:32 pm »
Massive win.

Is Matip our most creative player?

Why does Trent stand over freekicks he clearly is not going to take - surely he would be better off on the edge of area as he has a shot on him.

Finally we score from a corner.

Good job.

Was doing my tree in too. Every time, trots over to the left, blatantly not taking it. I’m sure there’s some reason we don’t know about as to why we do it…but it would seem he’d be better off on the right or in the middle ready to pick up any second ball
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2022, 10:11:38 pm »
Salah is still too wide for my liking and that has everything to do with the midfield imbalance on the right, which was displayed again with Ajax goal. I do not understand Harvey's selection on the right midfield. I really don't.

Aside from that, decent performance. We created enough and should have scored much more.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2022, 10:11:49 pm »
fully deserved. we had all the play.  we arent creating enough clear cut chances at the moment though.

thiago was outstanding.

didnt expect them to be so physical

Plenty of teams have out ran and out 'desired' us - it was no surprise this young group would run and battle hard given some of our previous games...

But we matched them and surpassed them with our quality....Klopp will be very happy, as a signature of teams has never been one who doesn't work as hard if not harder than his opponent.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2022, 10:12:07 pm »
Christ, needed that 3 points or this group was starting to look dicey. By far the better team but still struggling to make good chances up front.
Great to have Thiago back, makes such a difference.

Onwards.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2022, 10:13:08 pm »
Much better and we deserved to win by more

The lads looked so much more composed and even better the fight we're used to seeing was back. Chasing, pressing, screaming for the ball, wanting the win... it was lovely to see.

We need to build on this

Also... Diaz is a fucking gem, he just never stops

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #194 on: September 13, 2022, 10:13:20 pm »
Yep, we battered them.

indeed.

Mad that someone earlier said we didn’t create much?

I swear some just find a way to have a whinge when there isn’t much need beyond the brainfartish defenisve lapse for their goal (and only shot on goal).

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2022, 10:13:25 pm »
Massive win.

Is Matip our most creative player?

Why does Trent stand over freekicks he clearly is not going to take - surely he would be better off on the edge of area as he has a shot on him.

Finally we score from a corner.

Good job.

The break comes at a bad time afterall. Whenever we end a barren run on corners we start scoring a streak of them.

Looked like another one of those games with corner after corner but we were at least a threat from them tonight. Having Matip back makes a difference and then Nunez a threat as well in the air.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2022, 10:13:31 pm »
Judging by BT here we lost 6-0 and Trent was responsible for all the goals conceded

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2022, 10:14:05 pm »
Agree, Ajax stopped him land Alvarez leaving as they had lost too many players.
Everton was one of the teams involved I think.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2022, 10:15:01 pm »
GTFI..

Happy Days... :scarf :scarf
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2022, 10:15:02 pm »
Much better performance and good result.