The Liverpool FC Forum > RAWK Announcements, Feedback & Questions

What is RAWK?

(1/151) > >>

Veinticinco de Mayo:
Looking at the feedback threads after the cup final there are perhaps some newer users who don't really understand how RAWK works. So I thought I would try to first offer an explanation and then ask for your feedback on where you think we are getting it right and, more importantly, where you think we are getting it wrong.

I guess the post the triggered this explanation was a sarcastic "What do you think this is, a discussion forum?"
Well it clearly is a discussion forum but that is only part of the story. It should be a place to read good writing about Liverpool FC, it should encourage good writers to submit articles knowing that they will be read and they'll get intelligent feedback and encouragement. I am hugely proud of the lads who have cut their teeth on here and gone on to make a living writing about LFC.

In order to try and facilitate that then part of our role as moderators is editorial, sorting the wheat from the chaff. It is the reason that threads get locked or merged.

I think for a while, and for a number of reasons, we have neglected that editorial role.  For which we should apologise, particularly to all those writers who have written great stuff that has been swamped in the sea of shite. We are trying to sort it out though, we've brought in Royhendo as a new editor and we're actively trying to revitalise the new footy writing on the site.

So. How would you do that? What are your bugbears with our moderation? How can we ensure that the cream floats to the top? What are we doing now that is stopping that happening. Fire away. 

TepidT2O:
Editorial role.... That makes a huge amount of sense and is actually very important and probably almost totally ignored by the average Joe

CHOPPER:
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

CHOPPER:
PS. Thats aimed at everyone, not just you miserable bastards that run the place. ;)

Veinticinco de Mayo:

--- Quote from: CHOPPER on May  7, 2012, 08:29:13 pm ---You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

--- End quote ---

In: Serious contemplation of how to improve the site.

Out: stumbling on as we are

;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version