Author Topic: English Football Unique 2018/2019 Draft Proposal - Get Involvolvoled.  (Read 8316 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: English Football Pyramid 2018/2019 Draft Proposal - Get Invovled!
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2019, 11:21:57 pm »
Surely we can convince 2 more poor sods to do this? :D

I hope so ;D

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2019, 04:32:55 am »
Maybe try a newbie or two?   Or maybe a Mod :)

Titi Camara should be receptive, especially if we offer up a few more writers!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2019, 09:28:46 am »
Can we cut out the dissertations on this one? I’m not really up for losing because someone wrote 1000 words on how great David Wheater is.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2019, 09:57:31 am »
Can we cut out the dissertations on this one? I’m not really up for losing because someone wrote 1000 words on how great David Wheater is.

Not sure why anyone would need to have a write up for this.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2019, 01:30:10 pm »

The trend is NOT destiny on this subject mate.  And for the record, people did the massive write ups because they thought it would help their vote tally in some cases.

For me, this was a way to learn a little more about players from the Balkans and their histories ----  and the losing part (well, that's been well documented, if you had voted for yourself mate :) , you would have gotten to the next round gazumping us along the way.  I liked your team.

And the lack of respect for Dusan Tadic in this place makes me want to write more dissertations...  Arnautovic, not so much.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2019, 01:33:39 pm »
Who do we need to bribe for 2 more? :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2019, 01:46:46 pm »
Sir Psycho Sexy
Any word from Big Dick Nick?  Sarge?

How about a newbie or two - Fordy or Dan A?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2019, 03:38:38 pm »
Curious as to how players are usually valued in these drafts?

Will it be based on said season’s performance? Overall time in the league? Whole career?
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2019, 03:44:00 pm »
Curious as to how players are usually valued in these drafts?

Will it be based on said season’s performance? Overall time in the league? Whole career?

Whole career is the general rule of thumb.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2019, 03:50:16 pm »
Maybe try a newbie or two?   Or maybe a Mod :)

Titi Camara should be receptive, especially if we offer up a few more writers!

Mods should be banned imo......oh, the irony....they have far too many wives to count on....even more than you, Trend! I believe JK also had an unfair advantage having access to the voting numbers whilst we didn't. So that situation needs to be addressed going forward. Maybe let them be visible to all again?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2019, 03:52:03 pm »
Mods should be banned imo......oh, the irony....they have far too many wives to count on....even more than you, Trend! I believe JK also had an unfair advantage having access to the voting numbers whilst we didn't. So that situation needs to be addressed going forward. Maybe let them be visible to all again?

Yeah had I known that I would have made it visible, and I did that initially by mistake, and stuck with it as I thought it was more interesting.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2019, 03:58:58 pm »
Yeah had I known that I would have made it visible, and I did that initially by mistake, and stuck with it as I thought it was more interesting.

Retake the penalties? Until we win  ;)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2019, 05:06:34 pm »
Jersey, can you fix the thread title please? Invovled is boiling my piss  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2019, 05:31:41 pm »
Jersey, can you fix the thread title please? Invovled is boiling my piss  ;D

Only if you promise to partake in the draft  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2019, 05:34:24 pm »
Only if you promise to partake in the draft  ;D

I second this!!! 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

How does seeing the voting numbers give you an advantage...? I could only see them after I voted.

• Legacy Fan
So what are we doing lads? :D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How does seeing the voting numbers give you an advantage...? I could only see them after I voted.

And you said you were 12-7 down or something like that. Then you get 9 of the next 10 votes. So what happened there? Did you do this....

Or this...

Either way, well done, enjoy your victory  :thumbup

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
And you said you were 12-7 down or something like that. Then you get 9 of the next 10 votes. So what happened there? Did you do this....

Or this...

Either way, well done, enjoy your victory  :thumbup

Weirdly the voting patterns as I saw them mirrored the voting in the final. Voting in the final started at about 1am. At one point shortly after midday I was 4 votes up. By the end of the day you’d drawn level. In the penalties the voting started at lunchtime. By midnight you were 5 votes up, by lunchtime the next day I’d nudged ahead.

So basically you got all the afternoon and evening votes and I got the night time and morning votes, both times. Assuming people log on and vote around the same time, it suggests people broadly voted the same way in both votes with a slight increase to me second time round.

When I went to bed you were five ahead and I’d given up on it. I didn’t even look again until about an hour before the end of the voting when you were one ahead.

If you don’t want mods taking part I’ll sit out this draft and someone else can run it, don’t mind at all! Don’t want to be perceived as having an unfair advantage.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 08:24:38 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
So what are we doing lads? :D

Not sure that there’s enough interest to make it worth it to be honest with 8 people. If there’s limited risk of people making the same picks then the excitement is a bit limited. Maybe people are draft-ed out. Could try again another time.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 08:22:00 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I'll take part if you still wanna do it
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• Legacy Fan
One more then and we got our 10 :)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
I should be good to go. I'll be able to PM my picks within 24 hours anyway that is for sure, even if work is a bit mad.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Ok, let’s see if we can get one more today!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Are the players we pick going to be judged on their current ability (or their ability last season) or their careers?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Weirdly the voting patterns as I saw them mirrored the voting in the final. Voting in the final started at about 1am. At one point shortly after midday I was 4 votes up. By the end of the day you’d drawn level. In the penalties the voting started at lunchtime. By midnight you were 5 votes up, by lunchtime the next day I’d nudged ahead.

So basically you got all the afternoon and evening votes and I got the night time and morning votes, both times. Assuming people log on and vote around the same time, it suggests people broadly voted the same way in both votes with a slight increase to me second time round.

When I went to bed you were five ahead and I’d given up on it. I didn’t even look again until about an hour before the end of the voting when you were one ahead.

If you don’t want mods taking part I’ll sit out this draft and someone else can run it, don’t mind at all! Don’t want to be perceived as having an unfair advantage.

My point is, we were not able to see the voting patterns as it was blind throughout for us mere mortals. Whether that is fair or an unfair advantage I don't know. It shouldn't make a difference as you say....I suggested we go back to voting being visible all the way through, that's all. I repeat, well done, mate, let's move on  :wave

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Nah, it's all good mate. It's a pleasure seeing new blood involved in drafts on RAWK. Especially as you're pitching ideas for new ones now too :thumbup  The numbers voting in the last draft were quite surprising (not hit anything like that in years now) and probably suggested a lot of mods were voting, which is no bad thing. It just changes how teams are percieved and can schew the way teams are put together. Probably if the same handful of us who were drafting had voted then team viva betty would have edged it (might be wrong, just my perception) but with the additional voters it seemed to favour the team with slightly bigger names. That was always the case in early drafts on here and shaped a lot of how people put their teams together. So I understand Bobby's frustration. But I'm just happy we got to the final and I'll be pleased to see you involved in drafts in future  :) 

As for your draft idea, personally I find modern drafts boring, so I won't be getting involved. But you might want to rename the thread to include the word sheep or something, as the word pyramid put me off at a glance. Made me think this was somekind of bizarre betting scheme where you'd pinch all my money  :D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

Nah, it's all good mate. It's a pleasure seeing new blood involved in drafts on RAWK. Especially as you're pitching ideas for new ones now too :thumbup  The numbers voting in the last draft were quite surprising (not hit anything like that in years now) and probably suggested a lot of mods were voting, which is no bad thing. It just changes how teams are percieved and can schew the way teams are put together. Probably if the same handful of us who were drafting had voted then team viva betty would have edged it (might be wrong, just my perception) but with the additional voters it seemed to favour the team with slightly bigger names. That was always the case in early drafts on here and shaped a lot of how people put their teams together. So I understand Bobby's frustration. But I'm just happy we got to the final and I'll be pleased to see you involved in drafts in future  :) 

As for your draft idea, personally I find modern drafts boring, so I won't be getting involved. But you might want to rename the thread to include the word sheep or something, as the word pyramid put me off at a glance. Made me think this was somekind of bizarre betting scheme where you'd pinch all my money  :D

I don't think any mods voted for me but I'd be happy to be proven wrong ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: English Football Unique 2018/2019 Draft Proposal - Get Involvolvoled.
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2019, 03:02:05 pm »
Let's draft.   With Mikey, we have 10 its nine them.  Thank you for running this, JK

First player to pull one more in gets 1st pick in the next non-sheep draft??????
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 03:38:04 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2019, 03:29:26 pm »
Let's draft.   With Mikey, we have 10.  Thank you for running this, JK

Think I was already in the 9.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2019, 03:36:16 pm »
Yeah we need one more.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2019, 03:56:17 pm »
Yeah we need one more.

I can theoretically take part as long as I PM my own choices an additional 24 hours in advance to a willing third party (with secondary choices etc PMed at the same time I publish updates) so that people can be sure I’ve not had the benefit of sight of other’s picks.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2019, 03:57:11 pm »
But I’d rather we get a 10th.

Either way, I think we should start at 1pm tomorrow, so I’ll kick things off then with a new post on the board.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2019, 04:27:57 pm »
I can theoretically take part as long as I PM my own choices an additional 24 hours in advance to a willing third party (with secondary choices etc PMed at the same time I publish updates) so that people can be sure I’ve not had the benefit of sight of other’s picks.

That works as well

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2019, 04:37:10 pm »
My partner is crime is Chakan!  Note: he is the brains of the organization!

My role?  To Amuse:

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2019, 04:42:59 pm »
In Volvo Sheep Draft, it is then....  Barney will not be happy.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2019, 04:44:07 pm »
Anyone know what positions we will start with first?  Or if we are doing a staggered years (like intestines) in the sheep draft?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2019, 04:45:24 pm »
My partner is crime is Chakan!  Note: he is the brains of the organization!

My role?  To Amuse:

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2019, 04:45:34 pm »
How about we randomize the positions just like the drafting order?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2019, 04:50:06 pm »
Anyone know what positions we will start with first?  Or if we are doing a staggered years (like intestines) in the sheep draft?

So the plan is as follows (tbc tomorrow).

First round will be GK. All players will be 2018/2019 with three exceptions, to keep it interesting.

One of your two CBs will be from the 1998/1999 season.
One of your two CMs will be from the 2008/2009 season.
One player can be a ringer from any Premier League season (1992/1993 onwards).

Players will be considered on their quality in the season in which they are picked. Eg if you want your ringer to be Gerrard, specify which season’s Gerrard. The 98/99, 08/09 and 18/19 picks are judged on their quality at that point in their careers.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 04:52:48 pm by JerseyKloppite »