Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 958735 times)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #3920 on: January 21, 2020, 05:30:50 pm »
Fair to say the greater athleticism of forwards (i.e. hit the thing harder and more accurately) and the changing of balls to zip quicker and more unpredictably offsets the few cases of a keeper getting 'bullied' into conceding, no?

The greater athleticism of keepers cancels out the current speed of forwards, a ball zipping quicker on today's pristine pitches is far easier and more predictable for a keeper to deal with than one that weighed a ton and got stuck in a mud bath or a lump of snow.

Today's keepers are way over protected in my opinion, the bravery aspect of their position doesn't really come in to it anymore. Even rules like the back pass one helps then enormously,  which is great for the current keepers,  but something goalies of past didn't have the luxury of.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3921 on: January 21, 2020, 07:13:57 pm »
The greater athleticism of keepers cancels out the current speed of forwards, a ball zipping quicker on today's pristine pitches is far easier and more predictable for a keeper to deal with than one that weighed a ton and got stuck in a mud bath or a lump of snow.

Today's keepers are way over protected in my opinion, the bravery aspect of their position doesn't really come in to it anymore. Even rules like the back pass one helps then enormously,  which is great for the current keepers,  but something goalies of past didn't have the luxury of.

I watched some old footage of the St Etienne game, and it's marked how players could hardly kick the ball with all their might from the penalty area to the halfway line. When a St Etienne player took a snap shot, it went around 12 yards before dribbling out, and I'm not sure that was entirely down to the pitch. While the ball of the 70s was no longer the leather stitched monstrosities of old, I think the composition was still significantly different from the pingability of today.

Watch that clip of Trent jesting with Lingard and hitting the crossbar, and you can hear the ball go ping. Maybe it's low quality balls that I played with (and I'm not even counting the Mouldmaster for comparison), but my memory of kicking the ball is a dull clump, maybe a tonk if I connected well.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3922 on: January 22, 2020, 06:33:27 am »
Tommy Lawrence was the first 'sweeper keeper' and was brilliant at it, not that big for a keeper but brave as fuck and would take anything out that beat the last line of defence and approached his area!

This is from the LFC TV tribute to him after 'the flying pig' sadly passed away..

'Ahead of his time as part of Bill Shankly’s first great side in the early 1960s, Lawrence was a sweeper-keeper long before it became fashionable – and was rightly revered by the Kop and his teammates for being a formidable last line of defence'

I’ll never forget when the bbc stopped him in the street to ask him if he watched the FA Cup derby in 1967. Hahaha.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-31188264/watch-tommy-lawrence-s-chance-encounter-with-bbc-reporter
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3923 on: January 22, 2020, 08:56:05 am »

How so? Not sure why it would.
I’ll never forget when the bbc stopped him in the street to ask him if he watched the FA Cup derby in 1967. Hahaha.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-31188264/watch-tommy-lawrence-s-chance-encounter-with-bbc-reporter
Seen that before, love his smile as he's waiting to reply.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #3924 on: January 22, 2020, 09:08:54 am »
How so? Not sure why it would.

Sorry you're right, not 'enormously' that's pushing it, what I mean because more teams play out from the back now with confidence there are less risky back passes to the keeper knowing he can't pick it up. Keepers like Alisson are ok because they have the skill to use their feet when receiving a decent back pass, but some keepers are utter shite with the ball at their feet and go into panic mode if the ball comes back to them, especially unexpectedly.

I guess my point is when goalies could pick it up, they could be put under more pressure is it happened more frequently and in dodgy situations where a forward would be bearing down on them feet first probably.

You just don't tend to see modern day keepers put under that kind of pressure now. Haha, but yes I think I over did that!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 09:10:42 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3925 on: January 22, 2020, 09:23:25 am »
Sorry you're right, not 'enormously' that's pushing it, what I mean because more teams play out from the back now with confidence there are less risky back passes to the keeper knowing he can't pick it up. Keepers like Alisson are ok because they have the skill to use their feet when receiving a decent back pass, but some keepers are utter shite with the ball at their feet and go into panic mode if the ball comes back to them, especially unexpectedly.

Villa fans love their new very deep lying playmaker.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3926 on: January 22, 2020, 01:16:52 pm »
Lovely stuff and he hasn't reach his peak years as a GK yet. His save percentage this season... *drooling*

https://fbref.com/en/players/7a2e46a8/Alisson
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #3927 on: January 23, 2020, 06:35:45 pm »
Klopp "As a goalkeeper we knew what we would get. Yes he made steps, which is normal. As a person he has exceeded the expectation, he is an outstanding guy..."

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Carras Left Foot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3928 on: January 23, 2020, 10:07:12 pm »
The best keeper in world football

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3929 on: January 23, 2020, 10:08:03 pm »
The best keeper in world football
No doubt. Two great saves at 1-1.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3930 on: January 23, 2020, 10:09:22 pm »
Best keeper in the world right now.

So calm and composed and that feeds right into our defence.

What a signing he's been.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #3931 on: January 23, 2020, 10:11:33 pm »
Outstanding yet again - should give Roma another £20m as an apology for robbing them again.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #3932 on: January 23, 2020, 10:12:40 pm »
To the tune of south of the border :

Al-is-son Becker Via In-de-pente......... 

Unfortunately/fortunately thats as far as I got. But what a Beast this man is.
YNWA

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3933 on: January 23, 2020, 10:25:20 pm »
Lovely stuff and he hasn't reach his peak years as a GK yet. His save percentage this season... *drooling*

https://fbref.com/en/players/7a2e46a8/Alisson
Fucking A. Cheers for that link by the way, I wasn't aware of that site and it's got some good stats.

Here's his save percentage compared to the rest of the league. Pisses all over every one else. It was the same last season too. I now suspect that anyone who thinks there's another keeper close to him in the league is beyond idiotic.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/keepers/Premier-League-Stats

Great again tonight. He's reminding me of Neuer in his prime, who I think is the best all round keeper I've ever seen. Brilliant stuff.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3934 on: January 23, 2020, 11:47:09 pm »
Fucking A. Cheers for that link by the way, I wasn't aware of that site and it's got some good stats.

Here's his save percentage compared to the rest of the league. Pisses all over every one else. It was the same last season too. I now suspect that anyone who thinks there's another keeper close to him in the league is beyond idiotic.

Great again tonight. He's reminding me of Neuer in his prime, who I think is the best all round keeper I've ever seen. Brilliant stuff.

He's just doing what he's paid to do. As the second most expensive goalkeeper in the world, you'd expect him to rate highly in these stats. It's only to be expected. Transfer fees reflect the quality of the player, so the second most expensive goalkeeper in the world is top of that table, while the bottom of the table is...er....
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3935 on: January 24, 2020, 01:36:56 am »
He's just doing what he's paid to do. As the second most expensive goalkeeper in the world, you'd expect him to rate highly in these stats. It's only to be expected. Transfer fees reflect the quality of the player, so the second most expensive goalkeeper in the world is top of that table, while the bottom of the table is...er....
Well played
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3936 on: January 24, 2020, 02:28:20 am »
If he doesn’t get it with his arms or his legs, he saves it with his face.

Nothing he could do with their goal which was really well worked but made a few vital stops when required,
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 04:00:03 am by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3937 on: January 24, 2020, 03:01:56 am »
Best keeper I've ever seen.

Like some Frankenstein of Riena and Buffon.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3938 on: January 24, 2020, 03:32:21 am »
If he doesn’t get it with his arms or his legs, he saves it with his face.

Nothing he could do with their goal which was really well worked but made a few viral stops when required,

Alisson is the remedy for our former keeping issues...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline nyrrard

• Anny Roader
  • at the end of the storm there's a Golden sky!
« Reply #3939 on: January 24, 2020, 03:52:14 am »
Achterberg is no good for him either;)

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3940 on: January 24, 2020, 03:59:44 am »
Alisson is the remedy for our former keeping issues...
Ok, you got me!

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3941 on: January 24, 2020, 04:19:34 am »
Despite the injury lay off he is well in with a shout for 'our' player of the year.. certainly in the top 3 for me..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3942 on: January 29, 2020, 06:16:31 pm »

Discovered it the day I posted here. It's a great site. Its equivalent for basketball and American Football is my go to site for stats and to think I was wishing for something similar for football and it was there all along...haha.

Also has the the most valid xG as they get all their stats from Statsbomb. Understat and Infogol are not that accurate apparently.

/offtopic
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3943 on: January 29, 2020, 06:56:10 pm »
Discovered it the day I posted here. It's a great site. Its equivalent for basketball and American Football is my go to site for stats and to think I was wishing for something similar for football and it was there all along...haha.

Also has the the most valid xG as they get all their stats from Statsbomb. Understat and Infogol are not that accurate apparently.

/offtopic

Supersport are currently running an amazing segment on Alli
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3944 on: January 29, 2020, 09:36:05 pm »
The GOAT!!

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3945 on: January 29, 2020, 09:39:05 pm »
The Superman save was .... wow.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3946 on: January 29, 2020, 09:40:38 pm »
One sexy bastard him

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3947 on: January 29, 2020, 09:41:03 pm »
Imagine how safe you'd feel in his arms.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #3948 on: January 29, 2020, 09:43:04 pm »
Imagine how safe you'd feel in his arms.

He could command my box any day.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3949 on: January 29, 2020, 09:45:04 pm »
What can you say about his man? Magnificent.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3950 on: January 29, 2020, 09:45:42 pm »
Best in the world, and it’s not incredibly close is it?
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3951 on: January 29, 2020, 09:46:44 pm »

I thought that was Bobby Firmino?

Oh you mean keepers. Ok then.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3952 on: January 29, 2020, 09:53:48 pm »
He's decent like.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #3953 on: January 29, 2020, 09:54:24 pm »
The 2nd best keeper isn't too far.

And that's while sitting on our bench  ;D

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3954 on: January 29, 2020, 10:07:01 pm »
It was actually good to see him at full stretch, he usually just catches them like it's nothing.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3955 on: January 29, 2020, 10:10:58 pm »
There’s not even an argument anymore. Easily the best there is right now
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:28:10 pm by duvva »

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3956 on: January 29, 2020, 10:22:14 pm »
Trent had him beaten though.  Saved by the post.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Steve_1892

• Kemlynite
  • YNWA - 96
« Reply #3957 on: January 29, 2020, 10:56:23 pm »
The Best in the World  8)

When we bought him some ''journalists'' were saying that Ederson was better than him and that he should play for Brazil...ok then  :wave

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3958 on: January 29, 2020, 11:09:42 pm »
You can make the argument he’s our best player - impossible to compare keepers to outfield played but hes having the biggest direct effect on our goals plus or minus of any player.
The Messi of keepers

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3959 on: January 29, 2020, 11:53:30 pm »
Trent had him beaten though.  Saved by the post.

Does anybody have a gif of that? He was motionless...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."