Author Topic: Champions league draw and fixtures  (Read 39373 times)

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Champions league draw and fixtures
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2017, 08:09:02 am »
Villarreal 2062
Dortmund 3416
United 3117
Augsburg 1158
Sion 564
Kazan 400
Bordeaux 2005

Going off that 4 should be guaranteed for Seville, but after the way tickets sold out last season in the league it doesn't always work that way.  There's bound to be a bigger percentage of complimentary tickets in the Champions League than Europa.

They used the last champions league campaign for the qualifier as well, which is worrying me.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2017, 08:11:42 am »
Try Zagreb or Vienna.
Yes exactly - then get the train down to Maribor. It's just over 2 hours from Zagreb and 3 and a half from Vienna.

Offline King Kenny Play

• Legacy Fan
  • "Oh Istanbul is wonderful,oh Istanbul is wonderful
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2017, 08:22:44 am »
I booked stansted>Seville for £60 return on ryanair.
if all gone try malaga, train is 2:30 bur check connection etc.
High speed train from madrid etc
Gatwick to Faro £53 return Mon to Weds...then car hire cheap!
"The people who come to watch us play, who love the team and regard it as part of their lives, would never appreciate Liverpool having a huge balance in the bank. They want every asset we possess to be wearing a red shirt."

‘Football is like a piano. You need eight people to carry it, and three people to play the damn thing!’

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2017, 08:24:20 am »
Hopefully someone can help?  Got guaranteed home games as not missed a European home game since 2000 but never been to an away. It's my younger brothers 30th in December and thinking of going to Seville game in November. No credits so no chance for a normal ticket and would never use an unofficial tout but for this I would sell myself to the devil and pay for a match break. Does anyone know if the club does away CL match breaks?
"What you achieve in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline FuturisticLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2017, 08:32:33 am »

[/quote]
Yes exactly - then get the train down to Maribor. It's just over 2 hours from Zagreb and 3 and a half from Vienna.

Try Zagreb or Vienna.

Cheers I'll take a look

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 25, 2017, 08:42:08 am »
Any ideas on cheaper alternative routes to Maribor then flying into Ljubljana?
when we went to ljubiana years and years ago for a game we flew to klauygenfurt in Austria, its 3 hour train journey to Maribor but could de decent

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2017, 09:56:31 am »
Hopefully someone can help?  Got guaranteed home games as not missed a European home game since 2000 but never been to an away. It's my younger brothers 30th in December and thinking of going to Seville game in November. No credits so no chance for a normal ticket and would never use an unofficial tout but for this I would sell myself to the devil and pay for a match break. Does anyone know if the club does away CL match breaks?

Club stopped doing Thomas Cook match breaks some years ago - they were too expensive compared to DIY travel so weren't selling and not as much of a money spinner as Cooks would have liked.

There isn't an exchange on here for european aways.  But with a big allocation - and Seville will probably be quite a big one - it seems there are usually some who take a mates' spare with them to pass on.  We're always sorted on our own credits  - but from what I"ve seen spares seem to swap hands on trains and in pubs before the match, and usually at face value or less.  I wouldn't leave it until the game - although you might get lucky outside the away end.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2017, 09:56:52 am »
anyone got any links to Decent trains etc from Malaga to seville

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2017, 10:08:41 am »
anyone got any links to Decent trains etc from Malaga to seville
https://www.raileurope.com/index.html

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2017, 10:14:02 am »
Flying into Seville and back from Faro. Just hoping 3 credits will be enough.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2017, 10:34:56 am »
https://www.raileurope.com/index.html

Look at Trev, got all helpful after recovering from Madmax's absence for about 2 years  ;)  :wave

Offline MaxStafford

• Main Stander
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2017, 10:57:52 am »
Club stopped doing Thomas Cook match breaks some years ago - they were too expensive compared to DIY travel so weren't selling and not as much of a money spinner as Cooks would have liked.

There isn't an exchange on here for european aways.  But with a big allocation - and Seville will probably be quite a big one - it seems there are usually some who take a mates' spare with them to pass on.  We're always sorted on our own credits  - but from what I"ve seen spares seem to swap hands on trains and in pubs before the match, and usually at face value or less.  I wouldn't leave it until the game - although you might get lucky outside the away end.

Pretty sure most of them sold out all the time, especially the big games! Hopefully the club give Thomas Cook an allocation for travel as they are usually the best for European match away days

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2017, 10:58:21 am »
Look at Trev, got all helpful after recovering from Madmax's absence for about 2 years  ;)  :wave
Trev has always been helpful - he was just driven away from these boards for a short while following the debacle with Max  ;D

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2017, 11:14:06 am »
Trev has always been helpful - he was just driven away from these boards for a short while following the debacle with Max  ;D
Thanks goodness we're not subjected to Max's constant available seat updates every 5 minutes anymore  :o

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2017, 11:21:56 am »
400 Kazan
564 Sion
1158 Augsburg
1695 Basel
2005 Bordeaux
2062 Villarreal
2150 Ludogorets

3117 Man U
3416 Dortmund
3669 Real Madrid
4019 Beşiktaş

Hoffenheim was sold on the above basis for 2286 tickets. With a similar allocation for Sevilla, I would expect it to be the same. 7 guaranteed, then 6 and downwards until sold out. Think this will be the most popular one.

However, Moscow and Maribor will be played by then. So they may ditch 14/15. But given the small numbers who will travel to Moscow and small allocation at Maribor, they won't change anything.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2017, 11:38:31 am »
400 Kazan
564 Sion
1158 Augsburg
1695 Basel
2005 Bordeaux
2062 Villarreal
2150 Ludogorets

3117 Man U
3416 Dortmund
3669 Real Madrid
4019 Beşiktaş

Hoffenheim was sold on the above basis for 2286 tickets. With a similar allocation for Sevilla, I would expect it to be the same. 7 guaranteed, then 6 and downwards until sold out. Think this will be the most popular one.

However, Moscow and Maribor will be played by then. So they may ditch 14/15. But given the small numbers who will travel to Moscow and small allocation at Maribor, they won't change anything.

I can see them using only Moscow for Sevilla to start with.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2017, 11:45:45 am »
I will be a bit pissed off going to Moscow and then missing out on a Sevilla ticket

Offline Max999

• Anny Roader
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2017, 11:51:42 am »
I will be a bit pissed off going to Moscow and then missing out on a Sevilla ticket

Agreed. Sion was done on Kazan wasn't it? Was Kazan done on Bordeaux?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2017, 11:52:56 am »

I think Moscow with proof of visa / travel will be used first for Sevilla and Maribor*.
*Unless more than 800 go to Moscow.

Offline kratos

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2017, 11:55:14 am »

Anyone know what the Moscow ticket info may look like in terms of allocation?

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2017, 11:56:00 am »

Yeah Im in the same boat... cant see anyone attending x amout of match 3 season ago get first dips before people that travel to Russia.

I guess you dont need your visa once you buy your match tickets?
But you need to send a copy of it after the match to get the credit is that the way they did it for Kazan?

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2017, 12:12:01 pm »
I think Moscow with proof of visa / travel will be used first for Sevilla and Maribor*.
*Unless more than 800 go to Moscow.

Looking at the possiblity to drive from Finland, how do you send in proof of that =)?
But I guess you get your visa stamped/activated or someting?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2017, 12:16:35 pm »
Anyone know what the Moscow ticket info may look like in terms of allocation?

No idea, but even if it's small you'll need a visa, etc. to get a ticket.  Anybody who wants one and jumps through all the hoops will get one.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2017, 12:18:35 pm »
Looking at the possiblity to drive from Finland, how do you send in proof of that =)?
But I guess you get your visa stamped/activated or someting?

When we played in Kazan you needed to send Visa and other evidence afterwards or lose the credit.  Sure if you sent evidence of flight to Finland with Russian Visa, that'd be enough to not lose the credit.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2017, 12:23:13 pm »
When do the tickets go on sale for members? Wouldn't mind a trip over for the Sevilla game but can't find anything on the official site yet.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2017, 12:26:59 pm »
When we played in Kazan you needed to send Visa and other evidence afterwards or lose the credit.  Sure if you sent evidence of flight to Finland with Russian Visa, that'd be enough to not lose the credit.

Yeah one would think that should be enough.

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2017, 12:38:16 pm »
When do the tickets go on sale for members? Wouldn't mind a trip over for the Sevilla game but can't find anything on the official site yet.

There won't be a members sale for the any of the euro aways unless you have previous euro away credit's as stated in all the posts above.

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2017, 12:54:47 pm »
is this a legit site ?
https://www.visitrussia.org.uk
and will the £25 option be ok ?

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2017, 12:57:13 pm »
I would be a bit pissed off someone with only Moscow getting a ticket before me when I have 10 of the last 11 aways, and have actually been to 9 of them. Including Ludogorets and Bordeaux when there were loads bought for credit only. Also Istanbul when 4100 tickets were sold and I was one of 400 maximum that travelled!

Also went to Moscow for Anzhi in 2012. Didn't get special preference on any future aways for that. So why the fuck should going to Moscow only allow someone to jump the queue for Maribor and Sevilla?!

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2017, 01:27:43 pm »
I would be a bit pissed off someone with only Moscow getting a ticket before me when I have 10 of the last 11 aways, and have actually been to 9 of them. Including Ludogorets and Bordeaux when there were loads bought for credit only. Also Istanbul when 4100 tickets were sold and I was one of 400 maximum that travelled!

Also went to Moscow for Anzhi in 2012. Didn't get special preference on any future aways for that. So why the fuck should going to Moscow only allow someone to jump the queue for Maribor and Sevilla?!

Euro aways have always gone back to the first away game of the season, if subsequent capacity is greater. So it is nailed on anyone going to Moscow will get first shout at Sevilla (unless Moscow sells out, unlikely).
Maribor is different, as smaller, but they may do what they did with Kazan/Sion then drop down credits. Purely because the stamped visa is only definite proof you actually went. You will be fine with 10 from 11 anyway.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 01:31:59 pm by Craig S »

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2017, 01:40:55 pm »
Euro aways have always gone back to the first away game of the season, if subsequent capacity is greater. So it is nailed on anyone going to Moscow will get first shout at Sevilla (unless Moscow sells out, unlikely).
Maribor is different, as smaller, but they may do what they did with Kazan/Sion then drop down credits. Purely because the stamped visa is only definite proof you actually went. You will be fine with 10 from 11 anyway.

that's why I think I must go to Moscow. Can only do 2 out of 3 financially, but If I dont do Moscow, I might not be able to do Maribor, so the snowball effect would start.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2017, 02:13:29 pm »
3 nights sorted from 19th for Seville - hire car from Faro drive and stay in Seville. Flight back to East Mids on the 21st.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline liverpoolsnumber9

• Main Stander
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2017, 02:25:48 pm »
3 nights sorted from 19th for Seville - hire car from Faro drive and stay in Seville. Flight back to East Mids on the 21st.

Bristol-faro Monday £20  easy, weds faro to Bournemouth £21 ryan .. bus is £30 return faro Seville ... 

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2017, 04:34:50 pm »
Can't see any buses back to Faro on the Wednesday ? We were going to hire a car for £28.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2017, 06:18:54 pm »
When can we expect a sale for Sevilla (h) to be announced? missed the auto cup

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2017, 06:54:14 pm »

Is 7 from 11 likely to be OK for Sevilla? Can't make Moscow or Maribor.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline liverpoolsnumber9

• Main Stander
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2017, 06:57:29 pm »

Offline so kop end lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2017, 07:40:02 pm »
Booked flights sat to weds and 4 nights hotel in Moscow.

Just the visa to sort out now.

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2017, 08:30:24 am »

Really appreciate that info, thank you.

Going to book flights to Go out on the Saturday before and spend a few days out there, if I get tickets great but if not hey ho!
"What you achieve in life, echoes in eternity"