Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 848562 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #11960 on: May 23, 2020, 02:32:17 pm »
But Sky and BBC have no influence over football returning or not. Why not just report what is being said?  ;D

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11961 on: May 23, 2020, 02:36:53 pm »
But Sky and BBC have no influence over football returning or not. Why not just report what is being said?  ;D

It's where most people get their opinions from though. If Dyche had said it's a disgrace the league is starting again and his players dont want to return, it would be headline news on both.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11962 on: May 23, 2020, 02:39:02 pm »
I get that mate. But again BBC/Sky have no power on this matter. We know footie is returning behind closed doors anyway. Why are they so adamant to push the narrative that football is not coming back? All you have to do is look at Spain and Italy, who've had really bad and even they're returning to football.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11963 on: May 23, 2020, 02:44:47 pm »
Shocking levels of disrespect on show there from Emmerdale. How can they even think of making television programmes in the current climate?

Let's be honest here. Absolutely no one with any kind of social conscience is even watching telly at the moment. They have disconnected their sets altogether and will not plug in again until there is a vaccine. All talk of television is frowned upon and the only topic of conversation allowed is the virus. Hand-wringing, moral posturing and virtue signalling are all optional, but 100% concentration on the virus is mandatory, as is total focus on the negative. You get bonus points for identifying any new problem that could hamper progress being made, and you get a special prize if you can get your new negative angle trending on social media.

Its shit anyway, but how the fuck do you make a thrice weekly soap where 25 people who live in a tiny village, all sit in their houses all day? It'll just be a shit Royle Family.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11964 on: May 23, 2020, 02:46:55 pm »
I get that mate. But again BBC/Sky have no power on this matter. We know footie is returning behind closed doors anyway. Why are they so adamant to push the narrative that football is not coming back? All you have to do is look at Spain and Italy, who've had really bad and even they're returning to football.

Without them stirring the shit, there is nothing else to get you to turn their shitty channels on. By pushing the void narrative, trying to put doubt in minds, maybe they hope to attract viewers to SSN.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11965 on: May 23, 2020, 02:49:28 pm »
Without them stirring the shit, there is nothing else to get you to turn their shitty channels on. By pushing the void narrative, trying to put doubt in minds, maybe they hope to attract viewers to SSN.

Yep glad i don't have sky i'm watching the Bundesliga Moenchengladbach vs Leverkusen, the Germans have as usual led the way on restarting the league
#Sausages

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11966 on: May 23, 2020, 02:50:54 pm »

I get that but only an idiot really would think that football isn't coming back at all.  ;D Especially now when there's Bundesliga games going on as we speak.  And the PL would lose close to a billion pounds of revenue and clubs lower down in the pyramid will go out of business. But by somehow voiding the season all is well again.  :D

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #11967 on: May 23, 2020, 02:53:38 pm »
I like this idea - Virtual screens with fans via Zoom ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52782033

Now this is interesting!

Could this signal the advent of virtual season tickets?

Rights to watch every home game from a "seated" position through some form of tracking camera? Also pipes your sound back in via stadium speakers?
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11968 on: May 23, 2020, 02:54:37 pm »
Yep glad i don't have sky i'm watching the Bundesliga Moenchengladbach vs Leverkusen, the Germans have as usual led the way on restarting the league

My stepdad has Sky Sports so I just use his Sky Go account  :D  Got Wolfsburg v Dortmund on myself. It is great to see the Germans taking the lead and showing everyone else it can be done. It is very important to have Sport on, it does assist in peoples mental health, something to focus on rather than the constant Covid bombardment.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11969 on: May 23, 2020, 02:55:32 pm »
Heard a report that  Emmerdale Farm have started filming again..greed before lives, the whole show should be declared null and void.

No way they can carry on with this years storylines. Last 50 episodes at least need cancelling.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11970 on: May 23, 2020, 02:58:25 pm »
My stepdad has Sky Sports so I just use his Sky Go account  :D  Got Wolfsburg v Dortmund on myself. It is great to see the Germans taking the lead and showing everyone else it can be done. It is very important to have Sport on, it does assist in peoples mental health, something to focus on rather than the constant Covid bombardment.

Thing with the Bundesliga the determination to get the season restarted with none of the politics & self interest that we've had with the premier league clubs & players.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11971 on: May 23, 2020, 03:02:08 pm »
No way they can carry on with this years storylines. Last 50 episodes at least need cancelling.

Missus watches the soaps, its well weird. Because they film so many, they have had to reduce to once or twice a week to stretch the run out, but there is no mention of Covid and everyone in soap land is out and about as usual. They're about to run out of episodes she told me, then they will jump into the where we are now.

Thing with the Bundesliga the determination to get the season restarted with none of the politics & self interest that we've had with the premier league clubs & players.

Once again this country looks like the pathetic little shithole it really is, when compared to a proper nation.

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #11972 on: May 23, 2020, 03:16:38 pm »
I know it's a cosmetic and 'mind' thing but I do think those carboard cutout fans make a difference instead of just empty seats. Now all we need is the background loudspeaker fan noise...

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11973 on: May 23, 2020, 03:18:38 pm »
I know it's a cosmetic and 'mind' thing but I do think those carboard cutout fans make a difference instead of just empty seats. Now all we need is the background loudspeaker fan noise...

I'd like to see something at Anfield, either the banners and scarves or fan noise, obviously play YNWA before the game still etc. You have to create conditions that are of comfort to the players and make it a 'home' ground still. Especially if we play a full season like this.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11974 on: May 23, 2020, 03:25:06 pm »
If they just start again, from scratch, everything will be just fine.

Seamless transition.

In fact, take it right back to Annie Sugden's day and start again. I never liked how the storylines were going this year, so best scrap them as though they never happened.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11975 on: May 23, 2020, 06:56:54 pm »
I'd like to see something at Anfield, either the banners and scarves or fan noise, obviously play YNWA before the game still etc. You have to create conditions that are of comfort to the players and make it a 'home' ground still. Especially if we play a full season like this.

Yea I think we need to get creative on those fronts as a season without fans is a real prospect.

Personally I feel it would help to have a commentary of say Aldridge and Phil Thompson to give our games a bit of feeling. No fans with Tyler and Neville commenting on our games in their usual depressing style would be horrible.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11976 on: May 23, 2020, 07:01:40 pm »
Yea I think we need to get creative on those fronts as a season without fans is a real prospect.

Personally I feel it would help to have a commentary of say Aldridge and Phil Thompson to give our games a bit of feeling. No fans with Tyler and Neville commenting on our games in their usual depressing style would be horrible.

If that's the case I'll have it muted and make a playlist of our songs to listen to.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #11977 on: May 23, 2020, 07:06:38 pm »
From that virtual stadium

Any abusive language will result in expulsion from the meeting by a moderator.

I reckon there'll be a lot of blank screens by the end!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11978 on: May 23, 2020, 07:17:11 pm »

The games will be shown live on neutral tv stations not LFC TV, why should the commentary be loaded towards our biases?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #11979 on: May 23, 2020, 07:27:17 pm »
Bundesliga been back 2 weekends  now. Only team to win at home other than Bayern & Dortmund is Hertha Berlin, 3 games to play tomorrow. Just to put pitch measurements & no supporters into context for our bottom 6.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11980 on: May 23, 2020, 07:29:10 pm »
The games will be shown live on neutral tv stations not LFC TV, why should the commentary be loaded towards our biases?

Neutral?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11981 on: May 23, 2020, 07:30:04 pm »
Neutral?

Another fucking subscription  :o
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11982 on: May 23, 2020, 07:36:50 pm »
Neutral?

Wasn't aware that Sky and BT had nailed their flags to a particular club. Just because some of the commentators aren't doesn't mean the tv stations aren't.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11983 on: May 23, 2020, 07:38:32 pm »
Wasn't aware that Sky and BT had nailed their flags to a particular club. Just because some of the commentators aren't doesn't mean the tv stations aren't.

Was just pulling your leg, mate  ;)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11984 on: May 23, 2020, 08:10:56 pm »

Sky lost the contract?

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11985 on: May 23, 2020, 09:35:49 pm »
All things considered, Diego is the top of the pile. Closely followed by Messi. There's about 100 players tied for 3rd, but those two stand out.

Many players have stood out over many decades for different reasons. There's just been too much talent to reduce it to two I think we live in era where the achievements of past players and teams are too often overlooked and/or forgotten saying there's 100 tied for 3rd kinda play into that a little.     
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #11986 on: May 23, 2020, 09:44:54 pm »
@SamWallaceTel
BREAKING Premier League announce results of second round of Covid-19 testing: two positive tests (at two clubs) from 996 players and staff. Previous week’s total was six positive tests from 748

Yeah, I think it'll be all systems go for a mid-June restart.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #11987 on: May 23, 2020, 09:46:03 pm »
Looking good.

Next week is a big week. Meetings on Tuesday and Thursday. Hopefully contact training starts by the end of the week and the serious business is about to begin.
YWNA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11988 on: May 23, 2020, 09:47:15 pm »
In other news, Adrian Mariappa has been invited to group steam room sessions at West Ham, Brighton and Norwich
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11989 on: May 23, 2020, 09:47:42 pm »
What does the General Deeney say to this news?

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11990 on: May 23, 2020, 09:52:14 pm »
I can't fucking wait to see our lads back out there. Just hope they stay well away from any tory politician.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11991 on: May 23, 2020, 10:05:32 pm »
Wouldn’t surprise me if the 2 latest negative are fucking Watford again.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #11992 on: May 23, 2020, 10:08:31 pm »
Bundesliga been back 2 weekends  now. Only team to win at home other than Bayern & Dortmund is Hertha Berlin, 3 games to play tomorrow. Just to put pitch measurements & no supporters into context for our bottom 6.

Yep. Skill has a massive advantage here unless you are prepared in terms of fitness and tactics. This was always going to be the case more so than knowing the layout of the pitch and the dressing rooms

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11993 on: May 23, 2020, 10:10:20 pm »

I think they tested negative towards the negative. So they tested positive. They tested perfectly positive. That's a way of saying it.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11994 on: May 23, 2020, 10:22:04 pm »

Think it says its two from two clubs. I take it that means 1 from each club, not 2 from each club. 0.2% of the total tests done returned positive. That's pretty good, these tests are making training more and more safe.
On another note, I heard Darren Lewis talk some nonsense, he said the real leaders in the game at the minute aren't Jordan Henderson and Harry Maguire for going back to training, but its Troy Deeney and Danny Rose.
If anyone out there see's Danny Rose as some kind of leader, they're set for a lifetime of disappointment

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11995 on: May 23, 2020, 10:28:50 pm »
Why is it 2 posive for Covid 19 in big breaking news on sky sports.

2 out of 996! Players will test positive ffs.

I do think though we should be doing what the Germans are doing when it comes match time... test the players two before then they have to stay in a hotel with the squad  until season over.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11996 on: May 23, 2020, 10:37:01 pm »
Why is it 2 posive for Covid 19 in big breaking news on sky sports.

2 out of 996! Players will test positive ffs.

I do think though we should be doing what the Germans are doing when it comes match time... test the players two before then they have to stay in a hotel with the squad  until season over.

It's actually really good news if you ask me. Not that it will be portrayed that way. It's going to be quite repetitive repetitive from Sky if they make this a big things because it will happen a fair bit you'd think.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #11997 on: May 23, 2020, 10:38:30 pm »
Don't even know they are players yet, do we? Could be backroom staff?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11998 on: May 23, 2020, 10:38:48 pm »
Do you remember all the moaning from the England players when they had to stay in a hotel without their WAGs for a whole 2-3 weeks despite the incentive of being World Cup winners?

It's the first I've heard of the German players doing that and I have to say I'm (pleasantly) surprised.  I'd be amazed if it happened here.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11999 on: May 23, 2020, 10:41:11 pm »
Still no sign on the BBC of Sean Dyche saying him and his players want the league to restart. They've Nigel Pearson on there being a dick though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT