Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 211083 times)

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #2480 on: June 1, 2019, 12:15:11 am »
In Madrid. Where are we singing
Plaza Mayor has been bouncing all day. I've never felt heat like today, no breeze and felt like it was about 40 degrees

Offline diddyfaz-golborne

• Kopite
« Reply #2481 on: June 1, 2019, 06:48:40 am »
Hi guys. Anyone know if there is room on any campsites in Madrid or nearby. Just enroute now and expected at 2pm thank you
Faz 07788995380

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #2482 on: June 1, 2019, 07:28:20 am »
Enjoy everyone. Stay safe. Bring home number 6
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline WAQS

• LYRIQAL
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2483 on: June 1, 2019, 07:44:19 am »
Just go to my hotel. 7 hour drive from Gibraltar and my mate crashed his car on the way and got stuck in Seville for a bit. I said to him see you in Madrid haha

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2484 on: June 1, 2019, 08:46:45 am »
Just landed now. Heading straight to the square. Cant check in to our apartment until 4pm which is a ballache having to carry our bags.

Offline guigy

• Kopite
  • OurClubOurShirt.com
« Reply #2485 on: June 1, 2019, 09:01:03 am »
Goes without saying lads but keep your wits about ye with pick pockets. The lad in front of me at Mar de cristal metro stop just got dipped stepping on.
one of Eamon Dunphy’s favourite observations: “He’s an arsehole - but he’s not a great arsehole.”

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #2486 on: June 1, 2019, 09:06:22 am »
Anyone settled on a decent bar for the game yet? We did a bit of a reccy last night and still have no idea. Loads in the centro by Dubliner but can see that being carnage later. Went and had a look at Paddy's up by the Bernabeu but it's dead small with just the one screen. Really don't wanna be chancing somewherelast minute only to find it choka.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2487 on: June 1, 2019, 11:31:37 am »
So hungover from last night and can't check into new hostel until 2pm and all lockers are full so can't leave bags til then either. Will need to just throw things in at 2 and head straight out

Offline SDFKOP

• Main Stander
  • We've conquered all of Europe...
« Reply #2488 on: June 1, 2019, 11:52:56 am »
Stuck on the Tarmac at Heathrow  :-\ A passenger has had a medical emergency and weve now missed our slot...

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2489 on: June 1, 2019, 01:03:01 pm »
Stuck on the Tarmac at Heathrow  :-\ A passenger has had a medical emergency and weve now missed our slot...

Hope they’re ok and that youve now got away

Offline Igor Biscuit please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2490 on: June 1, 2019, 01:24:28 pm »
Anyone at the stadium yet? What time do the gates open? It’s searing hot, we’re going to fry!

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #2491 on: June 1, 2019, 01:24:39 pm »
Anyone settled on a decent bar for the game yet? We did a bit of a reccy last night and still have no idea. Loads in the centro by Dubliner but can see that being carnage later. Went and had a look at Paddy's up by the Bernabeu but it's dead small with just the one screen. Really don't wanna be chancing somewherelast minute only to find it choka.

We are in O’Brian’s. It’s already packed. Mainly Spurs fans singing shit songs about being Yids.

Made an early dart from the fan park to get somewhere. It will be carnage later but I’m not sure I can spend the next 7 hours here!

Offline SDFKOP

• Main Stander
  • We've conquered all of Europe...
« Reply #2492 on: June 1, 2019, 02:10:20 pm »
Hope they’re ok and that youve now got away

Eventually! Just landed

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2493 on: June 1, 2019, 03:07:55 pm »
Are we singing in Mayur or Felipe?
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2494 on: June 1, 2019, 03:40:44 pm »
Up the Mon Madrid Scammed By Javi Reds

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2495 on: June 1, 2019, 04:15:37 pm »
Any bar recommendations with mostly reds?
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Morning Glory

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2496 on: June 1, 2019, 04:38:09 pm »
There’s a Chicken Wing bar just the left of the stage. Full of Reds and 2 screens. Opposite the shopping centre. Filling up.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2497 on: June 1, 2019, 04:41:42 pm »
Madrid police warning that organised gang of steward impersonators will try to steal Champions League final tickets from fans tonight. Police have seized fake steward bibs, fake checking tickets devices & fake accreditations. Only show tickets to stewards at official check zones
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #2498 on: June 1, 2019, 05:24:07 pm »
Ferry home from Dublin cancelled. Anyone selling Dublin flights for tomorrow to Birmingham?

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #2499 on: June 1, 2019, 05:36:52 pm »
Any bar recommendations with mostly reds?
Found an Irish bar called the Thirty Three about 4 stops up on line 4 from Goya, mostly reds in so far and three big screens and still plenty of room
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2500 on: June 1, 2019, 06:47:59 pm »
Just got into ground and 2 people inSpurs tops by us  :no

Going to take photo of row and seats and send to club

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2501 on: June 1, 2019, 08:53:25 pm »
Fuck the Spanish bizzies.

That’s all.
AHA!

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #2502 on: June 1, 2019, 08:54:39 pm »
Seems an odd atmosphere.

Wonder if everyone too bevvied and suffering from sunstroke?

Be interesting to hear peoples views from the ground at the end of it all.

Come on reds. Just. Win.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2503 on: June 2, 2019, 09:30:11 am »
Travel ok for everyone coming back or you all too pissed to find the airport? ;D

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2504 on: June 2, 2019, 11:06:01 am »
Seems an odd atmosphere.

Wonder if everyone too bevvied and suffering from sunstroke?

Be interesting to hear peoples views from the ground at the end of it all.

Come on reds. Just. Win.

Atmosphere in the away end was great.  Compared to kiev and Athens, I saw hardly anyone really drunk or ill. Sounds like the atmosphere didn’t come over on tv.  Perhaps because the supporters were more evenly matched in size than I’ve seen before.  You could clearly see at the end - when the spurs lot had gone - that we’d had about half the stadium.  Perhaps reflects the fact that tickets were so scarce and high priced on the secondary market.  I’d expected to see our lot 2 to a seat in the £60 seats - but not so.  We were sat front row of first tier so could clearly see it wasn’t overcrowded.  There’d been a worry - with all the talk of blagging in - that loads would do it.  A few certainly did, we chatted to guy on the metro back who had blagged in - but it can’t have been many who succeeded.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2505 on: June 2, 2019, 11:27:52 am »
Fuck the Spanish bizzies.

That’s all.

Why ?? They were all pretty low key

Offline Xabisfeet

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2506 on: June 2, 2019, 12:39:40 pm »
Why ?? They were all pretty low key

Unnecessarily aggressive

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #2507 on: June 2, 2019, 01:14:09 pm »
Unnecessarily aggressive

What's new? Same sh!t different season

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2508 on: June 2, 2019, 03:34:28 pm »
We’re all entitled to our opinion so here goes mine, after several decades of following us abroad including plenty of trips to Spain , yesterday’s Spanish policing was no issue as far as I was concerned, I guess there are 2 different points of view , like the majority of Liverpool fans who travel abroad and have no issues you will think what was the issue with the Madrid police attitude , likewise you can adopt the 5 % of fans who have somehow got tickets for their 1st trip abroad and feel the need to point out how “ aggressive “ the policing was , whilst asking on Rawk where the best place is to buy “pyros”

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2509 on: June 2, 2019, 03:58:00 pm »
Waded into a bar, closed it down, pepper sprayed people, threw us all out and throwing us out by our necks, when we’re walking out of our own accord. Why?

Because some ale went in the air, after the first goal.

Fuck them.
AHA!

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2510 on: June 2, 2019, 04:09:12 pm »
Fine I wasn’t there I was in the ground so in no position to question your response ,my only question would be why were you leaving the boozer after we score the 1st goal , we still had 88 mins to play ??

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2511 on: June 2, 2019, 04:16:15 pm »
Because it got closed down and we were forcibly thrown out, for no genuine reason.
AHA!

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #2512 on: June 2, 2019, 05:41:52 pm »
Waded into a bar, closed it down, pepper sprayed people, threw us all out and throwing us out by our necks, when we’re walking out of our own accord. Why?

Because some ale went in the air, after the first goal.

Fuck them.

WHich bar was that? we had the same !

Ended up in a bar full of mainly spanish fans in Sol
Allez Allez Allez

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2513 on: June 2, 2019, 06:18:58 pm »
I thought the police were fine. Didn’t appear overly aggressive. I was in Sol on Friday and then fan park all day Sat and then went the match. They were a presence but were very hands off, then all seemed friendly when we left the stadium. I’m aware this is only my perspective but I was impressed.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2514 on: June 2, 2019, 09:38:23 pm »
Only issue we saw with the police were the twats outside the stadium in the massive queue to get to the ticket inspection area, forcibly shoving people back if they dared put a foot too far forward. It was fucking boiling and no one knew what was going on and there was no need for it as all the fans were good natured despite being made to wait for seemingly no reason in searing heat without being told what was happening.

Elsewhere around the town I thought they were fine and far less obvious than I expected.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2515 on: June 3, 2019, 12:46:59 am »
We’re all entitled to our opinion so here goes mine, after several decades of following us abroad including plenty of trips to Spain , yesterday’s Spanish policing was no issue as far as I was concerned, I guess there are 2 different points of view , like the majority of Liverpool fans who travel abroad and have no issues you will think what was the issue with the Madrid police attitude , likewise you can adopt the 5 % of fans who have somehow got tickets for their 1st trip abroad and feel the need to point out how “ aggressive “ the policing was , whilst asking on Rawk where the best place is to buy “pyros”

Policing was very level headed.  No issues at all.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2516 on: June 3, 2019, 12:50:34 am »
Atmosphere in the away end was great.  Compared to kiev and Athens, I saw hardly anyone really drunk or ill. Sounds like the atmosphere didn’t come over on tv.  Perhaps because the supporters were more evenly matched in size than I’ve seen before.  You could clearly see at the end - when the spurs lot had gone - that we’d had about half the stadium.  Perhaps reflects the fact that tickets were so scarce and high priced on the secondary market.  I’d expected to see our lot 2 to a seat in the £60 seats - but not so.  We were sat front row of first tier so could clearly see it wasn’t overcrowded.  There’d been a worry - with all the talk of blagging in - that loads would do it.  A few certainly did, we chatted to guy on the metro back who had blagged in - but it can’t have been many who succeeded.

About right on this.  Thought it was a weird atmosphere and nowhere near what we had at Kiev.   Maybe the early goal changed the dynamics.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2019, 01:05:14 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2517 on: June 3, 2019, 01:31:53 am »

Thing is people don’t expect to get a baton across the head for being pissed, launching beer or setting off pyros wether it’s their first or 20th trip abroad.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #2518 on: June 3, 2019, 08:32:19 am »
About right on this.  Thought it was a weird atmosphere and nowhere near what we had at Kiev.   Maybe the early goal changed the dynamics.
Early goal and first half an hour was very very boring on the pitch, atmosphere was mentioned on TV at this point too

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2519 on: June 3, 2019, 10:17:59 am »
Fucking brilliant away from start to finish

A good few cold ones outside several little bars in and around Goya metro station area chatting to fellow reds and a good few decent Spurs fans too.  Then headed into our square armed with a load of tinnies for a good sing song. Luckily I can’t report on trouble, dickheads or heavy handed bizzies.  It was a just a Boss day all round.

Thought Madrid did a brilliant job of welcoming all fans.  Think many of us underestimated just how big, modern and well equipped Madrid actually is.

By god was it HOT though.  Face is sunburnt to fuck :)