Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1519681 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #2840 on: May 13, 2013, 12:59:38 pm »
Dont worry guys. I'll fall into the RAWK line.

nopyronoparty WOOOO!!!!!!!!

SMOKE!!!! FLARES!!!!!

Amazing atmosphere!!!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:03:18 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #2841 on: May 13, 2013, 12:59:39 pm »
At the end of the day away ends are not supposed to be some tranquil soccer AM haven.  I have some sympathy with the kid from yesterday, of course - but as Caligula says above - why are small children going to away games at all?  Ultimately our away ends should be absolutely fucking nuts, and that's down to the lads and lasses who stand in them, if it isn't your cup of tea, don't go, there are plenty of serene games at Anfield you can take your iPad to.

I think were looking at this wrongly with the suggestion of stopping kids going. I went everywhere with my old fella in the eighties.

Came out of Villa park and got legged (me old man running with me under his arm!). Got moved from the away section at Chelsea when the home fans invaded that section and it got a bit scarey. Came out of Portman Rd. and walked into a battle when a plant pot came flying through the air and twatted my old fella on the shoulder and we had to go the local hospital because he was in agony. Sat in the home stand at West Ham when Rush scored a hat trick and got accepted as a scouser because me old fella knew a few locals. I could go on with many more stories.

The fact is kids should be allowed to attend aways if the family and the kid themselves want to. These kids are the future of this club and no one had the fuckin right to suggest that kids should be fucked of so the adults can have a good time.

After all my nutty experiences as a kid following the Reds I wouldn`t have changed a thing and other kids now have that right to experience the more serene aspect of todays football.

Im all for these smoke bombs and flares as long as they are used in a controlled way. I think they help to bring a great atmosphere to what is half the time todays middle class,expecting to be entertained crowd, but only if used correctly.

A blue mate of mine took his kid to the Derby last week at Anfield in the away end. When the dickheads opened up their purple attempt at blue (!) they threw the cannister and it hit my mates kid on the back. He got a small burn on his back and had to go and see St. Johns to get it looked at. They went back to their seats but left minutes after returning because the lad was terrified (he`s only 6).

So like I say, all for them but in more controlled way. How we go about that I`ve no idea.

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2842 on: May 13, 2013, 01:01:04 pm »
Becci ‏@becc_one 14h
Just spoken to my dad, when one of the flares went off today, they had a kid rushed past them who needed oxygen to help him breathe...

Did they ask him as he was being rushed past what was wrong? Twitter isn't exactly the most reliable source and even if it was true, if you had kids you would move away from the lads setting the smoke bombs off after the first one.

Police forces across the country are being cut back and face having to deal with idiots who think letting off a smoke bomb and flare in a crowded space is a good thing.

Pay more tax then if you feel so strongly about it.

Fulhams Terms and conditions of entry (and published by The Football Association Premier League Limited.)

1. Notwithstanding possession of any ticket the Club, any police officer or authorised steward may refuse entry to (or eject from) the Ground any person:

1.2 whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.

7. The following articles must not be brought within the Ground - knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

Nobody has actually been injured from 2 minutes worth of smoke, I'm sure if they have it would been in some form of reliable news.
AMF

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2843 on: May 13, 2013, 01:03:59 pm »
Hasn't gone down well with the Fulham fans.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=30364.0

Boring bastards

Friends of Fulham sounds like some weekly meeting of OAP's reminiscing about the war.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2844 on: May 13, 2013, 01:05:02 pm »
does a third hand report from twitter count as a fact these days? I imagine if anyone had actually been injured by a smoke bomb the press would be all over it like a rash.

I've got a ST at Leicester, and Sheffield Wednesday played there recently and thought it'd be a laugh and good for atmosphere to start chucking smoke bombs into the Leicester fans. And they got chucked back into the Wednesday fans. Probably 50 or 60 police came back into the stadium in full riot gear and about 6 people, including three kids, had to get taken out of the crowd for medical attention due to getting hit by these things. I know that for a fact, and I haven't seen one mention of it anywhere. I cant imagine that sort of thing is saved for one Championship match a season either.

Its all good for atmosphere until we go to Old Trafford and it gets out of hand, and then they come to Anfield and it gets further out of hand. You don't think it'd be in the press then, right? Dream on.

If its smoke balls they're chucking, as long as its not at anyone then it really isn't an issue because they're not that big or particularly dangerous. If its fireworks and explosives, which I assume it is due to the amount of time they smoke for, then you have to be simple not to realise how dangerous that is in a crowd.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2845 on: May 13, 2013, 01:10:56 pm »
Kids can also go deaf because of fans singing

or choke on massive methane overdose because someone had a lot of beans the night earlier

I am with you !  ;D

Kids could also get hurt by one of Downing's attempts at goal. Ban footballs.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2846 on: May 13, 2013, 01:11:04 pm »
Do people stop going to concerts then? Or firework displays? Or bonfires in November? I mean come on. They look fantastic, the atmosphere clearly goes up a notch as a result and everybody is singing, having a good time and enjoying a good away day.

I really don't see why they should be stopped and furthermore, I think it's pathetic that individuals could and probably will be held to account for trying to have a good time.

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2847 on: May 13, 2013, 01:14:58 pm »
end of the day, its not going to stop, so deal with it or stop going
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2848 on: May 13, 2013, 01:16:09 pm »
Do people stop going to concerts then? Or firework displays? Or bonfires in November? I mean come on. They look fantastic, the atmosphere clearly goes up a notch as a result and everybody is singing, having a good time and enjoying a good away day.

I really don't see why they should be stopped and furthermore, I think it's pathetic that individuals could and probably will be held to account for trying to have a good time.

You don't get big bastard smoke grenades chucked into the crowd at any of those things.

Its just got to be sensible, surely. I don't for a second think it should be stopped, just logically find a way that minimalizes any risk. People shouldn't have to move from their seats if they don't want a face full of smoke for a couple of minutes.

I think it'd look pretty spectacular if every fan had a flare gun and were firing them exactly twenty meters to their right at exactly the same time, every thirty seconds. But its a football match, its not an event where you pay money to see expensive pyrotechnics.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2850 on: May 13, 2013, 01:19:47 pm »

Its just got to be sensible, surely. I don't for a second think it should be stopped, just logically find a way that minimalizes any risk. People shouldn't have to move from their seats if they don't want a face full of smoke for a couple of minutes.

On a away game, people shoulnd't have a seat.. If anyone wants to sit comfortably and quiet - home end it is..

Same with the home games; I would consider bringing my 60-year old mum to the kop these days; I wouldn't bring her to the curvasud or any other of the likes. Won't be any changes to the atmosphere - until enough people asking themselves the question; is this the stand for me ?
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2851 on: May 13, 2013, 01:19:54 pm »
It looks great but I wouldn't want to be burned by one of the fuckers.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #2852 on: May 13, 2013, 01:20:41 pm »
Some wet flannels on ere.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2853 on: May 13, 2013, 01:22:05 pm »
Setting fire to anything inside a football ground isn't safe.

Really hope we don't see flares in any of our future games. Firstly because their continued usage could feasibly come back to hurt the club. Secondly because we don't need them. I don't see how they create an atmosphere. Maybe abroad, where they have always been part of the footballing culture. At Liverpool, our atmosphere is surely created by our collection of songs and banners. Those take time to create, and represent an acknowledgement of history and tradition. Anyone can buy a flare.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2854 on: May 13, 2013, 01:23:39 pm »
Why is it assumed kids are all terrified of the things?

I probably woulda loved smoke bombs even more when I was 10 years old
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #2855 on: May 13, 2013, 01:25:58 pm »
Why is it assumed kids are all terrified of the things?

I probably woulda loved smoke bombs even more when I was 10 years old

The majority probably aren't. I'd guess those who post this view are the ones who haven't experienced these at an away game. Everyone loves them.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2856 on: May 13, 2013, 01:27:14 pm »
I like them - but you can just tell it's going to end in tears one way or the other at some point. Be it massively reduced allocations, a lot of banning orders handed out, or (hopefully not this one) someone getting badly hurt and the club getting hunted down in the media.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2857 on: May 13, 2013, 01:28:40 pm »
Ok here are some facts

Becci ‏@becc_one 14h
Just spoken to my dad, when one of the flares went off today, they had a kid rushed past them who needed oxygen to help him breathe...
That isn't a fact.
Our away ticket allocation for Sunderland and Man U away have been cut for the last 4 seasons.
Neither is that to an extent.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:04:47 pm by DougLFC94 »

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
« Reply #2858 on: May 13, 2013, 01:29:13 pm »
Setting fire to anything inside a football ground isn't safe.

Really hope we don't see flares in any of our future games. Firstly because their continued usage could feasibly come back to hurt the club. Secondly because we don't need them. I don't see how they create an atmosphere. Maybe abroad, where they have always been part of the footballing culture. At Liverpool, our atmosphere is surely created by our collection of songs and banners. Those take time to create, and represent an acknowledgement of history and tradition. Anyone can buy a flare.
Don't think I've seen flares used at a match in England before. They are a bit more dangerous as you need to keep hold of it once lit (for your safety and others) and you want to be sure that you are among mates that can protect you and that you can "hide" afterwards. With smoke bombs, you can just drop them. Harder to identify the hero behind it :)

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #2859 on: May 13, 2013, 01:30:42 pm »
They have been cut. However Man Utd cut our allocation in retaliation to us cutting theres an Sunderland cut our allocation because they were forced to by their police force due to our persistant standing which they've done with Everton, City, United, Newcastle and more.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2860 on: May 13, 2013, 01:32:41 pm »
Considering what anniversary it was this weekend, I don't think its being a wet flannel to suggest a more sensible way of generating an atmosphere without lighting things in a football stadium....

Offline INABITSKI

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2861 on: May 13, 2013, 01:32:54 pm »
Our fantastic away support

Soon to be no different to the dull, boring, sat in your seat support surrounded by cameras flashing all game.

The whole experience of going the game and enjoying yourself is dying.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2862 on: May 13, 2013, 01:35:15 pm »
The whole experience of going the game and enjoying yourself is dying.
lol because flares we haven't been lighting in years gone by may not be allowed to be lit any longer. Melodramatic much?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2863 on: May 13, 2013, 01:36:58 pm »
You don't get big bastard smoke grenades chucked into the crowd at any of those things.

I think it'd look pretty spectacular if every fan had a flare gun and were firing them exactly twenty meters to their right at exactly the same time, every thirty seconds. But its a football match, its not an event where you pay money to see expensive pyrotechnics.

You must go and watch opera then! Seriously I've been in few concerts near the front and theres been smoke and pyro-type things bellowing everywhere.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2864 on: May 13, 2013, 01:37:15 pm »
Its all good for atmosphere until we go to Old Trafford and it gets out of hand, and then they come to Anfield and it gets further out of hand. You don't think it'd be in the press then, right? Dream on.

It happened at Old Trafford. No one was hurt in the resulting pyrotechnics.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2865 on: May 13, 2013, 01:37:16 pm »
lol because flares we haven't been lighting in years gone by may not be allowed to be lit any longer. Melodramatic much?

They've not been "allowed" at any time, they won't stop because a few people are offended for the children on RAWK.

The only way they'll end up getting stopped is if the lads doing it get bans
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2866 on: May 13, 2013, 01:38:25 pm »
The problem here is that Fulham sell "neutrual" tickets that are located in the away end. You end up with loads of people in there who don't normally travel to away games and so many with kids.

Yesterday was probably a bit of a shock for them.

The neutral area is to the left of the Putney end as you face the stand (F&U on the picture). They wouldn't have been in amongst the area where the smoke bombs were being let off (H&A). 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #2867 on: May 13, 2013, 01:38:47 pm »
Considering what anniversary it was this weekend, I don't think its being a wet flannel to suggest a more sensible way of generating an atmosphere without lighting things in a football stadium....

These flares are made so they don't ignite things around them. How many flare related injuries have you seen around Europe within fans? (I don't mean in Russia where the bellends throw them at players.)

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2868 on: May 13, 2013, 01:40:03 pm »
Exactly this.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2869 on: May 13, 2013, 01:41:03 pm »
I'm bowing out now but the undertones of some of the posts here do make me laugh.

You're all boss as fuck.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2870 on: May 13, 2013, 01:41:48 pm »
Pyrotechnics are banned across Europe, they still use them regularly without having to worry about getting a jail sentence. If they were such a menace mainland european countries would've cracked down.
AMF

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #2871 on: May 13, 2013, 01:42:05 pm »
Exactly this.

Did a flare cause that fire? Or a smoke bomb?

Offline INABITSKI

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2872 on: May 13, 2013, 01:42:30 pm »

LOL LMAO PML

Yes, because I base my whole opinion on the way football is going on this one single thread that happens to be talking about a few smoke bombs here and there.

I'm sure I really do not need to explain why the game in general is on it's arse or then again maybe I do? Think outside the box.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2873 on: May 13, 2013, 01:43:08 pm »
These flares are made so they don't ignite things around them. How many flare related injuries have you seen around Europe within fans? (I don't mean in Russia where the bellends throw them at players.)

Haven't a clue mate. Like I say, I've been to games and witnessed injuries myself which haven't been reported. But they could cause quite nasty injury, that's all I'm saying. That they haven't yet, or haven't been reported to, doesn't mean that they couldn't quite easily.

Only takes one slightly misplaced flare/smoke grenade or a set of opposition fans determined to outdo us or show us who's boss, and all of a sudden there's a massive issue. How can you not see that?

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #2874 on: May 13, 2013, 01:44:11 pm »
Pyrotechnics are banned across Europe, they still use them regularly without having to worry about getting a jail sentence. If they were such a menace mainland european countries would've cracked down.

Exactly, UEFA are the only ones to crack down on them and that's because of the 'UEFA Family' who get tickets for the games and want a nice seat to watch the game quietly.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #2875 on: May 13, 2013, 01:47:18 pm »
Haven't a clue mate. Like I say, I've been to games and witnessed injuries myself which haven't been reported. But they could cause quite nasty injury, that's all I'm saying. That they haven't yet, or haven't been reported to, doesn't mean that they couldn't quite easily.

Only takes one slightly misplaced flare/smoke grenade or a set of opposition fans determined to outdo us or show us who's boss, and all of a sudden there's a massive issue. How can you not see that?

I can see peoples issues with flares more so, but the facts still speak for themselves in 0 related injuries reported around Europe from them at football games. However, smoke bombs are completely harmless and I really don't see the fuss about them.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2876 on: May 13, 2013, 01:49:12 pm »
Did a flare cause that fire? Or a smoke bomb?
No and that doesn't matter, the end result could still be the same. You're not allowed to bring them into stadiums for a reason. There's plenty of better ways to create an atmosphere that don't come with the risk of having negative consequences for the club.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2877 on: May 13, 2013, 01:50:55 pm »
No and that doesn't matter, the end result could still be the same. You're not allowed to bring them into stadiums for a reason. There's plenty of better ways to create an atmosphere that don't come with the risk of having negative consequences for the club.

How can these smoke bombs cause a fire similar to that in Bradford?

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #2878 on: May 13, 2013, 01:52:15 pm »
#NoPyroNoParty is still trending on Twitter

Some great pics on there of the smoke bombs as well. 

Blackpool
Northampton
Brentford

Even the............................ Glasgow Under 17s Cup Final  :lmao :lmao :lmao
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2879 on: May 13, 2013, 01:53:08 pm »
Some wet flannels on ere.

Could do with some of them at the next away games. Just in case.