Author Topic: Soccer Manager goes Fourth: The Last Auction Heroes - Discussion Thread  (Read 8026 times)

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
Re: Soccer Manager goes Fourth: The Last Auction Heroes - Discussion Thread
« Reply #40 on: February 5, 2019, 10:58:30 pm »
Bastid

You have him at Barca, sharing is caring ;D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: February 5, 2019, 11:00:35 pm »
Was hoping his rating would see him sneak under the reader a while longer

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: February 6, 2019, 09:26:23 am »
Cooking with gas now, I wake up and it's nearly my pick again!

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #43 on: February 6, 2019, 10:38:29 am »
I'll kick us off at 11am again when Betty's had his 1 hour.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #44 on: February 6, 2019, 12:06:12 pm »
Me last night:

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #45 on: February 6, 2019, 12:42:00 pm »
Me last night:

Also me when I picked Alaba ;D No regrets though, it's important to get your hands on a few stars while you've got the chance. Going to have to be a lot more prudent from here on in. Very pleased with my twin towers of Haller & Milik for 24m!

I won't be around for the next few hours, will leave my picks with Max. I don't have any more of G in Gerrard's picks unfortunately!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 6, 2019, 03:27:36 pm »
So we can buy the players who turn 24 when the draft selection process ends then?

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 6, 2019, 03:50:38 pm »
So we can buy the players who turn 24 when the draft selection process ends then?

The Goretzka Rule!

Ahhh, I get it! Not draftable but buyable after the draft!

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #48 on: February 6, 2019, 04:45:21 pm »
The Goretzka Rule!

Ahhh, I get it! Not draftable but buyable after the draft!

The problem is that Chris has all the money and can outbid us all easily if he feels like it.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 6, 2019, 04:50:10 pm »
The problem is that Chris has all the money and can outbid us all easily if he feels like it.

I would assume he can't bit for any of those players until he signs 21 others first.

Obviously we would have to wait for him to sign 21 before we could bid also.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #50 on: February 6, 2019, 04:56:58 pm »
I would assume he can't bit for any of those players until he signs 21 others first.

Obviously we would have to wait for him to sign 21 before we could bid also.

To be fair to him, given what he'll be left with, it wouldn't be the worst idea if he was allowed to take some of these guys on right away.

Originally I forgot he was even in the world and was holding back all my budget for these guys. But since I realised he'd outbid us I decided to start spending some more. Would be a right pain if I now had a shot again  :D  I guess this is another huge grey area that perhaps should have been decided on before.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 6, 2019, 05:03:26 pm »
To be fair to him, given what he'll be left with, it wouldn't be the worst idea if he was allowed to take some of these guys on right away.

Originally I forgot he was even in the world and was holding back all my budget for these guys. But since I realised he'd outbid us I decided to start spending some more. Would be a right pain if I now had a shot again  :D  I guess this is another huge grey area that perhaps should have been decided on before.

He's got Mbappe for his troubles, he'll be alright.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 6, 2019, 05:48:32 pm »

In theory. He'll only have so much dosh to go around tho. If anyone sells a 95 to fund an Mbappe bid, Chris would need to bid 60-70m to be sure of outbidding us. If he were to hoover up the likes of Kimmy, Jesus, Sane, Alli, TAA etc he'd need to place similar if slightly smaller bids, which I don't think is feasable.

Chris is sound too, so I don't think he'd take the piss.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #53 on: February 6, 2019, 06:12:19 pm »
I love how this draft is making me consider players I wouldn't normally look at. Salif Sane - a player I've always wanted to sign, but who probably isn't quite good enough for my PSV/Dresden teams.

In this world he's the perfect pick though. Cheap, decent rating, potential to rise further in the future. We all dream of a team of Salifs!

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #54 on: February 6, 2019, 06:14:20 pm »
I love how this draft is making me consider players I wouldn't normally look at. Salif Sane - a player I've always wanted to sign, but who probably isn't quite good enough for my PSV/Dresden teams.

In this world he's the perfect pick though. Cheap, decent rating, potential to rise further in the future. We all dream of a team of Salifs!

I was honestly picking him on my next turn before you swooped in!

Still haven't picked any CB's ;D

Did anybody else end up with a massive hole in their starting lineup at a certain position?
« Last Edit: February 6, 2019, 06:20:54 pm by Midget »

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #55 on: February 6, 2019, 06:19:11 pm »
I was honestly picking him on my next turn before you swooped in!

Still haven't picked any CB's ;D
No shit! I always knew you were a man of good taste ;D

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #56 on: February 6, 2019, 07:14:32 pm »
Amazed Robertson lasted this long compared to the other Liverpool favourites. Was strongly considering him instead of Sandro.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #57 on: February 6, 2019, 07:18:09 pm »
Also me when I picked Alaba ;D No regrets though, it's important to get your hands on a few stars while you've got the chance. Going to have to be a lot more prudent from here on in. Very pleased with my twin towers of Haller & Milik for 24m!

Definitely important to grab those kind of stars while you can. No regrets on Lionel Lewa and very pleased with just landing Robertson. Big money for a fullback, but even if I could draft any u23 left back in the world I'd still pick him. Interesting to see the different strategies being deployed. Still a lot of unknown as to the long term effects of a low economy.

Had my eye on Milik too, but wanted to prioritise Gini last round. Outside shot at hitting 92 in the summer...

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58 on: February 6, 2019, 07:19:17 pm »
Amazed Robertson lasted this long compared to the other Liverpool favourites. Was strongly considering him instead of Sandro.

I had to triple check to make sure I didn't miss him getting picked already! Love him.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 6, 2019, 07:45:31 pm »
contemplated him early on but a bit rich for me. Got both of me fullbacks for a smidgen more than his worth

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: February 6, 2019, 07:48:44 pm »
Having to do this draft on me phone as me laptop packed up. Everyday use of the new SM ui is painful. Can just about muster the will to go near sm with it. It wouldn't be any different on a tablet wouldn't it?  :(

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 6, 2019, 07:53:34 pm »
I've lost track, when am I up please?

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 6, 2019, 07:58:55 pm »
I've lost track, when am I up please?

I think you're after G in Gerrard and Fonzo mate.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: February 6, 2019, 08:00:01 pm »
I think you're after G in Gerrard and Fonzo mate.

Cheers, are those 2 posting though?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #64 on: February 6, 2019, 08:00:08 pm »
contemplated him early on but a bit rich for me. Got both of me fullbacks for a smidgen more than his worth

As I say, many different strategies in play. De Rossi for 2m + Robertson for 24m is about the same value if a little less than your two. Risky, mind. But I love using old legends anyway.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #65 on: February 6, 2019, 08:06:39 pm »
I've got Fonzo's pick ready to go. G in Gerrard's time isn't up yet though.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: February 6, 2019, 09:52:58 pm »
Give me a minute please lads, just got in so need to scan the list

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: February 6, 2019, 10:17:57 pm »
G in Gerrard's time isn't up yet though.
Thanks for posting my picks :wave

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 7, 2019, 01:01:38 pm »
I'll struggle to make my picks so continue without me and I'll catch up cheers.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #69 on: February 7, 2019, 01:24:09 pm »
Selections:

Lawnmowerman: Roberto Firmino, Son Heung-min, Leonardo Bonucci, Alessio Romagnoli, Alessandro Florenzi, Jorginho, Juan Bernat, Abdoulaye Doucouré, Thorgan Hazard, Dani Parejo, Yann Sommer, German Pezzella, Idrissa Gueye, Luuk De Jong, Kevin Malcuit,

Klippo: Mohamed Salah, Raheem Sterling, Ederson Moraes, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Hakim Ziyech, Thiago Silva, Arjen Robben, Zlatan Ibrahimović, Dani Alves, Marco Verratti, Miranda, Aleksandar Kolarov, Ashley Young, Ruslan Malinovskiy, Mbwana Samatta,

KingLuis: Virgil van Dijk, Kalidou Koulibaly, Paul Pogba, Marc-André ter Stegen, David Alaba, Sebastien Haller, Arkadiusz Milik, Salif Sané, Danny da Costa, Ante Rebić, Thiago Mendes, Ludwig Augustinsson, Petros Mantalos, Danny Ings, Stefan Lainer,

RK7: Alisson Becker, Aymeric Laporte, Nabil Fekir, Loureiro Allan, Leandro Paredes, Santiago Arias, Pablo Sarabia, Antonio Rüdiger, Alassane Pléa, Filipe Luís, Duvan Zapata, Manu Trigueros, Chang-hoon Kwon, two picks owed,

Fonzo: Mauro Icardi, Marco Reus, Isco, Diego Godin, Kostas Manolas, Blaise Matuidi, Matías Vecino, Elseid Hysaj, Suso, Samir Handanović, Nicolas Tagliafico, Axel Witsel, Erik Lamela, Paco Alcacer, Andre Almeida,

The G in Gerrard: Paulo Dybala, Fabinho, César Azpilicueta, Harry Maguire, Kasper Schmeichel, David Luiz, Edin Džeko,  Emre Can, Aaron Ramsey, Marcos Alonso, Wilfried Zaha, Callum Wilson, Xherdan Shaqiri, Roberto Pereyra, Lucas Digne,

Maximus Decimus Meridius: Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann, Coutinho, Benjamin Mendy, Andre Gomes, Thomas Partey, João Cancelo, Matthias Ginter, Diego Llorente, Marcos Llorente, Joao Moutinho, Pau Lopez, Leandro Trossard, Aleksander Mitrovic, Connor Coady,

LiverpoolForever: Jan Oblak, Samuel Umtiti, Ivan Rakitić, Lorenzo Insigne, Raphaël Guerreiro, Toby Alderweireld, Memphis Depay, Douglas Costa, Dries Mertens, Danilo, Marc Bartra, Laurent Koscielny, Radamel Falcao, Robin Gosens, Walter Kannemann,

mikey_LFC: Neymar, Raphaël Varane, José Giménez, David Silva, Nelson Semedo, Sergio Ramos, Jan Vertonghen, Rui Patrício, Mario Mandžukić, Pedro, Sami Khedira, Jonny Otto, Stefano Sturaro, Oliver Torres,

Betty Blue: Sadio Mané, Christian Eriksen, Gianluigi Buffon, Giorgio Chiellini, Robert Lewandowski, Fernandinho, John Stones, Georginio Wijnaldum, Daniele De Rossi, Andy Robertson, Denis Suarez, Mattia De Sciglio, Miguel Almiron, Karl Toko Ekambi,

Midget: Eden Hazard, Luka Modrić, Sergio Busquets, Sergio Agüero, Dani Carvajal, Wojciech Szczęsny, Alex Sandro, Rodrigo de Paul, Kerem Demirbay, Felipe Anderson, Naldo, Joan Jordán, Javier Mascherano, Wahbi Khazri,

Card Cheat: Saúl Ñíguez, Harry Kane, Kevin De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Raúl Jiménez, James Milner, Fabio Quagliarella, Łukasz Piszczek, Marcel Halstenberg, Stefan Savić, Anthony Lopes, Loic Perrin, Ricardo Quaresma, Matt Doherty,
« Last Edit: February 7, 2019, 09:24:14 pm by Betty Blue »

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: February 7, 2019, 01:49:19 pm »
Cheers for doing the thread Kl and that post above Betty

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #71 on: February 7, 2019, 02:07:06 pm »
Thanks a lot Betty. Crazy day today, will be back to normal tomorrow!

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #72 on: February 7, 2019, 02:11:02 pm »
No problem, happy to help.

Things are really shaping up now with people finishing their final 11s and starting to build squads. Great fun this. Thanks Klippo.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #73 on: February 7, 2019, 08:48:55 pm »
Trying to get Max's pick from SM but it keeps crashing down for me tonight.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #74 on: February 7, 2019, 09:27:39 pm »
Trying to get Max's pick from SM but it keeps crashing down for me tonight.

It's a bag of shite tonight. I can't search for any players right now. It often happens around 9pm on matchdays. I guess their system just can't take the strain of everyone logging in at once.

The above pick list is up to date again by the way.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #75 on: February 7, 2019, 09:32:55 pm »
I don't know half these players being picked now.

.....shit, I hadn't even heard of a few of the players I've picked myself before yesterday ;D ;D

Thanks for updating the list Betty, I've stuck it in the opening post. Should be around tomorrow  :)

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #76 on: February 7, 2019, 09:44:59 pm »
I don't know half these players being picked now.

.....shit, I hadn't even heard of a few of the players I've picked myself before yesterday ;D ;D

Thanks for updating the list Betty, I've stuck it in the opening post. Should be around tomorrow  :)

Me neither and I love it  :D  This is verging on what I think Lawnmo wanted to see with very different players being drafted. It's a funny thing when you're mildly annoyed someone has picked a player you've never heard of who was also on your shortlist (say hello Lainer).

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #77 on: February 7, 2019, 09:46:11 pm »
What's peoples opinions on speeding up the time limits on the later rounds? It seems like most teams are firmly in the bargain bin stage already.

Personally wouldn't mind it as my shortlist is pretty even at this stage. Also would allow me to start focusing on actual work instead of constantly checking the selections thread ;D

It's a funny thing when you're mildly annoyed someone has picked a player you've never heard of who was also on your shortlist (say hello Lainer).

This is definitely the fun part. Two players I've been most gutted about losing out on so far (just before I was about to pick them): Salif Sane and Matt Doherty. For sure not the usual names.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2019, 10:00:55 pm by Midget »

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #78 on: February 7, 2019, 10:01:15 pm »
Ah, Kenny Lala. I first heard of him way back on 7th February 2019. Been following his career ever since. Top player that guy.

Almiron was great value for 5m by the way. Completely missed him.

Salif Sane is gonna be an absolute hero in this world I can feel it  :D

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #79 on: February 8, 2019, 06:09:14 am »
Vasilis Torosidis
I'm just going to leave this here ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rUkS5SHi8iU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rUkS5SHi8iU</a>