El Lobon
4 (12.5%)
AdzLFC VS
9 (28.1%)
AndyMuller
7 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: April 15, 2022, 10:52:36 am

Author Topic: -8 of Internationals Round Quarter Finals (2) - Match thread  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
-8 of Internationals Round Quarter Finals (2) - Match thread
« on: April 14, 2022, 10:52:36 am »
Hazell

VS

El Lobo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AdzLFC

VS

AndyMuller

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: -8 of Internationals Round Quarter Finals (2) - Match thread
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2022, 12:59:54 pm »
If you were to ask me to name three world class footballers, I probably wouldn't say Simic, Kuffour....  I'd go Mane, Robertson, Huge Sanchez. Der Elst.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 02:54:42 pm »
If you were to ask me to name three world class footballers, I probably wouldn't say Simic, Kuffour....  I'd go Mane, Robertson, Huge Sanchez. Der Elst.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 03:02:31 pm »
So famous Lobo didn't even get the name correct  ;)  Hazell and Adz's teams look fantastic though, both definite contenders for the overall title.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 03:10:32 pm »
What name didn't I get correct?  ???
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 03:11:34 pm »
Wasn't it, Van der Elst?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2022, 03:12:52 pm »
Oh yeah I missed the Van off, I didn't want to dupe people into thinking he was Dutch though. I could have just left it blank and said 'greatest DM ever' and the true football encyclopaediacs would have known who it was.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2022, 03:20:21 pm »
In other news, draft semi-favourite Freddy Rincon has died today in a car crash :(

RIP

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 03:20:47 pm »
Oh yeah I missed the Van off, I didn't want to dupe people into thinking he was Dutch though. I could have just left it blank and said 'greatest DM ever' and the true football encyclopaediacs would have known who it was.

How is Peter.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 03:23:59 pm »
How is Peter.

I'm gonna put this battering solely at the hands of him and his 7 alter egos (and Sheer)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 03:49:45 pm »
In other news, draft semi-favourite Freddy Rincon has died today in a car crash :(

RIP

RIP

I've seen the crash from a surveillance camera and that side impact were he was sitting as a passenger was horrible. Seems like he was up to some dirty stuff after his career but a very sad way to go out regardless.
Linudden.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2022, 04:47:53 pm »
Went for Lobo in game 1 because he picked my favourite RWD Molenbeek player ever in Franky (van) der Elst. Game 2 is tough, Andy's kit is so fabulous I don't know if I can not vote for him.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2022, 06:45:05 pm »
Hazell's attack and midfield is superior to Lobo's. In def Lobo does have an edge. Went with Hazell in game 1.

Went with Andy in game 2. Both teams are evenly matched. I am not a fan of Andy's midfield 2, but he does have a better back line and a better kit.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2022, 07:05:43 pm »
Don't hate me Andy, I really do like you and find you a funny and agreeable kind of fella, but I can't understand how can so many people can vote for a team that has two attacking midfielders playing in central midfield, not even the hardworking kind, or all that great to be honest. It's deeply troubling to see how the standards have fallen. The kits are great though.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2022, 06:32:45 am »
Don't hate me Andy, I really do like you and find you a funny and agreeable kind of fella, but I can't understand how can so many people can vote for a team that has two attacking midfielders playing in central midfield, not even the hardworking kind, or all that great to be honest. It's deeply troubling to see how the standards have fallen. The kits are great though.

How could I ever hate you my mate?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2022, 08:04:07 am »
Got to agree that Nakata and Zielinski as a pair of holding or deep lying players is horrid. They’re both 8s/10s.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2022, 08:10:00 am »
Got to agree that Nakata and Zielinski as a pair of holding or deep lying players is horrid. They’re both 8s/10s.

They aren’t holding or deep lying they are just centre midfield  ;D

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2022, 09:37:16 am »
Locked for the day
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2022, 07:45:46 am »
Thanks Alan. Rightfully so.

Congrats to the winners.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2022, 09:20:47 am »
They aren’t holding or deep lying they are just centre midfield  ;D
Just as bad - no holding players and essentially 5 attacking mids. Neither are box to box players. Sorry Andy, rest of the team is class but I can’t get past that.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez