Author Topic: Kodi / XBMC  (Read 605342 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: XBMC
« Reply #200 on: June 3, 2014, 03:12:30 pm »
Anyone got the sports channels? What's the quality like?
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #201 on: June 3, 2014, 06:54:21 pm »

I find the sports channels are shite. Inconsistent, verging on useless. I subscribe to footyreport and airplay to my atv2.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #202 on: June 3, 2014, 07:14:26 pm »

No worst than other internet sites. Sports devil is OK. Mashup is better. The links in Navi-x are not to bad.

It's the films and TV episode's that its really good for.
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #203 on: June 6, 2014, 02:19:53 pm »
If I was to upgrade to Gotham do the old repositories work or are there new ones download and install?

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: June 6, 2014, 03:05:07 pm »
I upgraded to Gotham and had no ill effects. All my plug-ins worked as normal.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: June 6, 2014, 03:10:31 pm »
Mine didn't

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #206 on: June 6, 2014, 04:12:13 pm »
No problems for me. The only thing was my VPN was not working but once I got that working everything works well if not better
YNWA
Twitter @asp67

Offline jameshay

• Kopite
« Reply #207 on: June 7, 2014, 02:38:45 pm »
Just installed this on my tablet and followed a YouTube video to install Istream, it seemed to work but when you go to browse nothing off there.

Anyone any suggestions?
poetry in motion

Offline kopite17

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2014, 11:04:34 am »
Hi i recently got this but when i try and get on to sports devil, all the add ons such as the DVR and enigma lose connection. I know it cant be a problem with my wifi because it says it's connected. Does anyone have a solution to getting these add ons working without losing connection? Thanks.

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #209 on: June 20, 2014, 06:07:55 pm »
Ive bought a android mini pc thing and hooked it up to my tv and i can get american channels fox nbc etc is there anyway to get subtitles on these live channels?
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2014, 02:40:14 am »
Bit of a difficult one this, but here goes,

I'm after a hard drive based media player, I'm looking 4tb capacity, but with built in wifi, and on which XBMC can be installed, I can get a 4tb player with wifi but not XBMC capabilities, and a 2tb media player with wifi and XBMC capabilities, can't get it all in one package.

I could build a media centre PC for myself, but it's for my living room, so I would prefer a player.

Any help would be very welcome, many thanks.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2014, 10:08:47 am »
Bit of a difficult one this, but here goes,

I'm after a hard drive based media player, I'm looking 4tb capacity, but with built in wifi, and on which XBMC can be installed, I can get a 4tb player with wifi but not XBMC capabilities, and a 2tb media player with wifi and XBMC capabilities, can't get it all in one package.

I could build a media centre PC for myself, but it's for my living room, so I would prefer a player.

Any help would be very welcome, many thanks.

I've been looking for something similar and am probably going to go for a Mac Mini.
JFT97

Offline DowntheLine1981

• Ignorant of the Dhamma
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici
    • Work's MySpace page....
« Reply #212 on: July 21, 2014, 07:06:07 pm »
Hi folks, I'm looking for an Android tv box but from a European based seller. Don't mind buying Chinese tech but worried about ordering direct from China. Any ideas?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
~Aristotle

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people will come along and try to put things in it."
~Terry Pratchett

“If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2014, 09:27:50 pm »
Hi folks, I'm looking for an Android tv box but from a European based seller. Don't mind buying Chinese tech but worried about ordering direct from China. Any ideas?

http://inicky.co.uk/shop/xbmc-android-tv-box/

think the fella's from liverpool, deffo in the uk though

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2014, 10:28:01 pm »
I've read in the past that the Android boxes don't run XBMC very well. Why not consider a Raspberry Pi?

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2014, 10:19:00 am »
my android box is a piece of shit running xbmc

https://digitalpromo.co.uk/sumvision-cyclone-android-x2-dual-core-smart-media-player-with-standard-remote-xbmc.html

xbmc running on my pc is a dream

thinking of spending around 200 notes on a pc with hdmi output and using that
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2014, 10:21:08 am »
Why not consider a Raspberry Pi?

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2014, 10:36:21 am »
I have XBMC running on loads of stuff and would absolutely recommend the Raspberry Pi as well.

Use a USB 3.0 stick and OpenElec and it is a great setup. More stable than Android.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2014, 10:52:10 am »
space isn't an issue for me, being irked by temperamental devices is. would a pi run better than a pc?

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2014, 12:50:32 pm »
It won't be as powerful as a PC but it'll do the job at about 25% of the cost.

Get RaspBMC installed and set it to the "Super" profile so it runs nice and quick. Handles 1080p files with no issue. The only time I ever have a bit of a slowdown is with web-based extensions (such as iStream or XBMCTorrent). Anything "local" such as streaming films from my NAS is lightning fast.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2014, 12:53:25 pm »
It also makes no noise whatsoever and is way cheaper to run as it is so low powered.

You can control it with your TV remote control as well as your phone.

I find OpenElec much quicker than RaspBMC myself though. If you use a USB 3.0 it is the quickest and you can overclock it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 12:55:12 pm by cloggypop »

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2014, 01:02:00 pm »
This is great if you are looking for a certain addon or repository. Makes setting things up much easier.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/afdsnkb1U8Q?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/afdsnkb1U8Q?fs=1</a>

Loads of easy to follow video guides and info here

http://www.totalxbmc.tv/newsite/total-installer/

Offline arsestar

• Main Stander
« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2014, 02:50:21 pm »
I'm with cloggy on this one, raspberry pi + usb 3.0 + over clocking, has been the best cost effective setup, so much so I've connected one to every tv in my house.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2014, 04:16:48 pm »
already have a pc in the livingroom, gonna upgrade the graphics card to one with hdmi and get a 10m  cable and watch the stream for the footy, which is all that I'm really interested in. was always hit and miss with the android box and I ended up using the pc for a stream

I currently download all the films I watch with ac3 audio so i take advantage of my yamaha amp using the coaxial digital output of my other media player

will get a pi once I get fibre optic, the connection I have now is around 5meg and is limiting my enjoyment in streaming HD content along with the quirky box. good to know there is a stable option available.

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 13, 2014, 10:07:37 am »
This might be of interest to any movie watchers.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200957

In development at the moment but looks promising.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2014, 05:12:34 pm »
bough a 10m hdmi cable and a graphics card for 30 notes, 50" tv displays whatever is on the monitor.

Also getting fibre in a couple of weeks so will try the dreaded android box again for hd streaming before investing in pi

Offline Downsy

• Kopite
« Reply #226 on: August 22, 2014, 05:49:04 pm »
I've got an Apple TV 2 and want to install XBMC, however it's on 6.2 and I have no idea how I can downgrade to an earlier version so I can jailbreak it. I have nothing saved anywhere and haven't got a clue about Blobs or small umbrella or  anything. Can anyone provide an idiots guide on what I need to do? Any help much appreciated.
"If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
an advantage, then he should be."

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe
you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Shanks

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 22, 2014, 06:14:43 pm »
I've got an Apple TV 2 and want to install XBMC, however it's on 6.2 and I have no idea how I can downgrade to an earlier version so I can jailbreak it. I have nothing saved anywhere and haven't got a clue about Blobs or small umbrella or  anything. Can anyone provide an idiots guide on what I need to do? Any help much appreciated.

This should help.

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/12344

Offline Downsy

• Kopite
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2014, 07:04:36 pm »
Cheers for that. I thought I had to downgrade to 5.3 first. But it appears not. Thank you
"If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
an advantage, then he should be."

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe
you are the best and then make sure that you are."

Shanks

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #229 on: September 9, 2014, 07:25:37 am »
XBMC is going to be renamed KODI and XBMCHub have changed their name to TVAddons.ag

Found PVR Live TV Simple Client great add on for this. To setup is easy follow the youtube vids posted by vdub25
YNWA
Twitter @asp67

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2014, 01:39:24 pm »
I've read in the past that the Android boxes don't run XBMC very well. Why not consider a Raspberry Pi?

I was just going to try my luck on an Android box until I saw your post and someone else backing them up.
Had a look on Ebay for the Raspberry PI versions and seems a bit more of a mine field.
Most don't appear to have WiFi and my router would be a major pain to get it next to the TV. Most of the Raspberry seem to come with varying size of SD cards, why is USB 3 important with these boxes or kits as most of the UK sellers seem to be knocking out?
I've download speeds of about 30Mps, so would android still be a poor choice?

Do you have an recommendations for the Raspberry units, preferably with wifi connection to the router? Not looking or should say can't afford to pay fortunes, the Androids in the 40/50 quid region was in the budget I was looking to spend.

Thanks in advance for any help. Complete noob when it comes to XBMC but it sounds almost to good, not to get in on it.
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2014, 02:12:11 pm »
I was just going to try my luck on an Android box until I saw your post and someone else backing them up.
Had a look on Ebay for the Raspberry PI versions and seems a bit more of a mine field.
Most don't appear to have WiFi and my router would be a major pain to get it next to the TV. Most of the Raspberry seem to come with varying size of SD cards, why is USB 3 important with these boxes or kits as most of the UK sellers seem to be knocking out?
I've download speeds of about 30Mps, so would android still be a poor choice?

Do you have an recommendations for the Raspberry units, preferably with wifi connection to the router? Not looking or should say can't afford to pay fortunes, the Androids in the 40/50 quid region was in the budget I was looking to spend.

Thanks in advance for any help. Complete noob when it comes to XBMC but it sounds almost to good, not to get in on it.

There are some very good tutorial videos on here. The setup openelec and the overclocking settings are particularly useful.

http://www.totalxbmc.tv/newsite/hardware-raspberry-pi/

You would need a wifi adaptor which will take the cost up a bit but it would still be in 40/50 price. It runs much quicker from USB 3 and it means that you can overclock to turbo without damaging the SD card. Well worth the extra fiver.

I would not get a kit myself (unless it is cheaper and you want everything in it) but would just get everything from here:

http://uk.farnell.com/raspberry-pi#raspberrypi

I am using this USB 3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-JetFlash-Flash-Drive-TS8GJF700/dp/B004HC5IPE

Don't bother with a remote control as your TV remote will more than likely work with it and Yatse on an Android phone is a great remote as well.

If you want an Android alternative (will need rooting and a bit of messing but nothing that hard) I would get the Amazon Fire TV. I think it is only 50 quid on offer at the moment on Amazon Prime (trial account works) and is supposed to be decent. You would have a working Google Play store so access to a load of apps/games as well as XBMC. I find the Pi much more stable than Android myself though for XBMC.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2014, 02:19:48 pm »
If you are using the USB 3.0 set up you also do not need a fast SD card. Pretty much anything 1GB or over (maybe even half a GB) will do if you have one lying around. If not just buy a cheap one.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 21, 2014, 06:54:50 pm »
There are some very good tutorial videos on here. The setup openelec and the overclocking settings are particularly useful.

http://www.totalxbmc.tv/newsite/hardware-raspberry-pi/

You would need a wifi adaptor which will take the cost up a bit but it would still be in 40/50 price. It runs much quicker from USB 3 and it means that you can overclock to turbo without damaging the SD card. Well worth the extra fiver.

I would not get a kit myself (unless it is cheaper and you want everything in it) but would just get everything from here:

http://uk.farnell.com/raspberry-pi#raspberrypi

I am using this USB 3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-JetFlash-Flash-Drive-TS8GJF700/dp/B004HC5IPE

Don't bother with a remote control as your TV remote will more than likely work with it and Yatse on an Android phone is a great remote as well.

If you want an Android alternative (will need rooting and a bit of messing but nothing that hard) I would get the Amazon Fire TV. I think it is only 50 quid on offer at the moment on Amazon Prime (trial account works) and is supposed to be decent. You would have a working Google Play store so access to a load of apps/games as well as XBMC. I find the Pi much more stable than Android myself though for XBMC.

Cheers for the reply mate, I'm going to to do some reading and shopping around once I know what I'm after.

Thanks again.
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 21, 2014, 09:18:04 pm »
find the sound terrible when watching movies, prefer to download with ac3 or dts

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2014, 11:31:03 pm »
Kindlefire TV is reported as a good option for XBMC when it comes out in the UK.
YNWA
Twitter @asp67

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 26, 2014, 11:20:34 pm »
Have 2 people that have bought these android boxes for £50 off ebay saying they are brilliant. Are they worth the money??

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 27, 2014, 12:59:50 am »
Have 2 people that have bought these android boxes for £50 off ebay saying they are brilliant. Are they worth the money??
If you want a good cheap Android box get the Amazon Fire TV. You will need to root it but it is not difficult. If you want a great,cheap stable XBMC set up get a Raspberry Pi. If you want to try XBMC before buying anything try it on your laptop/phone/tablet first.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #238 on: October 5, 2014, 11:36:57 pm »
So is it best installing the kodi version?

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #239 on: October 6, 2014, 09:36:20 am »
Just downloaded XBMC Gotham for Mac and installed the XBMCTorrent Add-on.  When I try to go into a list of films I get this error, anyone know how I can fix it?