Author Topic: Hull City - Protest  (Read 69540 times)

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Re: Hull City - Protest
« Reply #400 on: April 27, 2015, 06:50:03 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/m4Rux6RzCqA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/m4Rux6RzCqA</a>

Bruce's response is around 9:50

Touch of class by him.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #401 on: April 27, 2015, 06:52:40 pm »
Good to see this getting plenty of exposure and backing  on various online sites. Ironically Sky Sports tweeted something about it earlier.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-liverpool-fans-charged-50-watch-side-152445393--sow.html

Hopefully the beginning of something bigger and although I think the Chelsea game would get a lot more publicity it makes sense that this game was targeted.

I'd expect and hope this will get supporters from other teams to follow suit.

I think some people are missing the point of the protest.... Hull City charging us more than they did some other clubs supporters. All because we are a "top" team who will fill the away allocation.

Chelsea....didn't raise their ticket prices to us from last season. Why boycott their pricing policy then? It makes no sense compare to what Hull City are doing.

True, away ticket pricing in the main needs looking at but that isn't the reason behind the SOS boycott.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #402 on: April 27, 2015, 06:55:54 pm »
Heard Bruce on the radio earlier, good to see him actually something positive about this.

Why should we as Liverpool fans pay more to watch Hull, than someone who supports a smaller club?  It's ridiculous.

The away ticket prices should be a fixed ticket price for everyone.

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #403 on: April 27, 2015, 06:58:48 pm »

I think some people are missing the point of the protest.... Hull City charging us more than they did some other clubs supporters. All because we are a "top" team who will fill the away allocation.

Chelsea....didn't raise their ticket prices to us from last season. Why boycott their pricing policy then? It makes no sense compare to what Hull City are doing.

True, away ticket pricing in the main needs looking at but that isn't the reason behind the SOS boycott.

Don't we charge the 'top' clubs supporters more than the lesser clubs?

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #404 on: April 27, 2015, 07:00:02 pm »
But why is Bruce saying the Premier League need to change their rules?

Hull, and Hull alone, charge us £30 more than Burnley which means the problem is Hull's greed rather than anything the PL is/isn't doing. As far as the PL is concerned, if Hull charge Burnley £19 then there isn't a single reason other than greed why they don't charge us £19 as well.

Sounds like someone is too worried about their own job to point fingers in the right direction.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:02:26 pm by Smudgester »

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: April 27, 2015, 07:02:59 pm »
Don't we charge the 'top' clubs supporters more than the lesser clubs?
Yes. But not £30 more.

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: April 27, 2015, 07:06:53 pm »
Yes. But not £30 more.

Shame we don't charge Hulls prices, I'd rather pay £19 to watch the likes of Burnley, Stoke, QPR, Sunderland and Hull than the best part of £50.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #407 on: April 27, 2015, 07:08:33 pm »
Steve Bruce just said it - and it will of course have no consequences for him.

Rodgers remained neutral; Bruce spoke out.

He blamed the Premier League not Hull City:

Bruce:

"I feel sorry for the supporters of big clubs who have to dig deep every week and I hope when the new TV money comes into play the Premier League can remember football does belong to supporters.

"I know how difficult it is for people here at our club to find the money to bring their two kids to a football match and we have to make sure with all the money washing around we give something back to the fans.

"Lets follow the Bundesliga.."

"We have to remember the average man in the street because they are the lifeblood of football and I think if the Premier League set certain rules we would all have to abide by them."

(The last bit about the Premier League was his response to whether Hull should do something and he pushed it back onto the PL).

Rodgers:

“Like everything in modern football, I respect the supporters' right to protest,” he said on Monday.

“I don't know too much about it, but they work very hard to earn the money to get to football games, and they have a right to protest, absolutely.”

Pretty much the same - talking about how hard it is for the average man in the street to pay for football.

Fuck knows why people are nitpicking over exactly what Rodgers said or what he meant - it's being reported by the press as him supporting the protest.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: April 27, 2015, 07:10:59 pm »

I fully understand the reason for this particular boycott but the bigger issue is fans beingg charged extortionate prices across the board, hence the boycotting of the first 10 minutes of the Arsenal game by supporters groups from both clubs.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: April 27, 2015, 07:11:31 pm »
The other thing I don't understand is ... Hull can only charge the away fans £50 IF there is at least 1 home fan who also has to pay £50 to watch the same game. Was that not the case? Or has that rule changed?

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: April 27, 2015, 07:12:45 pm »
The other thing I don't understand is ... Hull can only charge the away fans £50 IF there is at least 1 home fan who also has to pay £50 to watch the same game. Was that not the case? Or has that rule changed?

It's the same for the home support.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: April 27, 2015, 07:20:21 pm »

No it's still the case and the truth is the prices are set by what Hull City think their fans will stump up to see various teams. The reason Stoke fans pay £16 to watch their team play at Hull is probably because no one in their right mind would pay £50 to watch Hull at home if Stoke are the opposition. The original reasoning for linking away prices to the lowest home ticket price was to stop supporters being fleeced but it's having the opposite effect here and it means fans of Category A teams get stung every where they go. A flat rate for away fans should be set across the board and if Hull want to charge their own fans £50 when we come to town that's between them and their own fans.

Hull ticket prices:

Matches during the 2014/15 Barclays Premier League season will be split into one of three categories, to be advertised in due course. Prices for each Category are shown below.

Category A
Adults: £50
Seniors (65+)/16-22 Year-Olds: £30
Juniors (11-15): £20
Juniors (10 and under): £12

Category B
Adults: £35
Seniors (65+)/16-22 Year-Olds: £25
Juniors (11-15): £12
Juniors (10 and under): £8

Category C
Adults: £16
Seniors (65+)/16-22 Year-Olds: £10
Juniors (11-15): £8
Juniors (10 and under): £5

Read more at http://www.hullcitytigers.com/tickets/match_prices/index.aspx#IOamgz4BvKxFfPRi.99
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:22:57 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: April 27, 2015, 07:23:25 pm »
It's the same for the home support.

Pity the Hull fans didn't join the protest . it'd piss them off as much as us .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: April 27, 2015, 07:26:25 pm »
Pity the Hull fans didn't join the protest . it'd piss them off as much as us .

If a Hull supporter goes to every home game they probably average out at around £30 per game.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: April 27, 2015, 07:34:29 pm »
If a Hull supporter goes to every home game they probably average out at around £30 per game.

Of course , but the club adapts to it's market. Thing is , how many of Hull's hard-core support will give this game a miss because of the price , only to be replaced by the day-trippers for this particular game .

This particular protest may be about Liverpool fans ( and all the Category A clubs ) getting ripped off , but the bigger picture is prices generally.
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Online Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #415 on: April 27, 2015, 07:54:43 pm »
Absolutely class from Bruce there. That's what you call answering the question and giving an opinion rather than sitting on the fence and saying 'I don't know much about it' like Brendan did.

For what its worth, I don't mind what Brendan said because its a very difficult question to answer but people saying that his answer was in favour of the protest are just second guessing what he actually thinks. Those comments could be in support of the protests but not wanting to go against his current employers and say anything out of line considering the position he is in, OR it could be against them in saying that he respect's them but could do without them at this stage in the season when we have to win the game to keep top 4 alive. Its how you read into it but nobody can be sure 100%

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: April 27, 2015, 08:02:31 pm »
Absolutely class from Bruce there. That's what you call answering the question and giving an opinion rather than sitting on the fence and saying 'I don't know much about it' like Brendan did.

I've watched it twice and read it a few times and what exactly did Bruce say? When asked to condemn Hull for raising prices (the actual reason for the protest) he deflected it onto the Premier League.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: April 27, 2015, 08:03:46 pm »
Absolutely class from Bruce there. That's what you call answering the question and ...

.... blaming everyone but your own employer for causing the problem, when it is your employer that is the problem.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: April 27, 2015, 08:04:10 pm »
...OR it could be against them in saying that he respect's them but could do without them at this stage in the season when we have to win the game to keep top 4 alive. Its how you read into it but nobody can be sure 100%

What the fuck?... where on earth do you get that from?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #419 on: April 27, 2015, 08:11:43 pm »
I've watched it twice and read it a few times and what exactly did Bruce say? When asked to condemn Hull for raising prices (the actual reason for the protest) he deflected it onto the Premier League.

He's just saying what everybody knows.

No one single club will make the first move. The directive will have to come from those that run the league.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: April 27, 2015, 08:16:31 pm »

No one single club will make the first move. The directive will have to come from those that run the league.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/richard-scudamore-interview-what-west-ham-did-is-good--for-west-ham-10204283.html

How this c*nt has managed to run the PL for so long smacks of Blatter cuntdom.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: April 27, 2015, 08:17:43 pm »

Why will it?

If every single club in the PL had a £30 price increase for their Cat A games then he might have a point but ... they don't so he hasn't.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: April 27, 2015, 08:22:44 pm »
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/richard-scudamore-interview-what-west-ham-did-is-good--for-west-ham-10204283.html

How this c*nt has managed to run the PL for so long smacks of Blatter cuntdom.
I don't see what Scudamore has said wrong there.

WHUFC's price reduction is solely for their benefit and not out their consideration of the fans and thinking they get ripped off. Anyone who thinks it is is totally naive and ignoring the fact that their prices are going up next season.

Why should the PL have to dictate prices for all clubs when it is a select few eg Hull who are taking the piss.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #423 on: April 27, 2015, 08:24:01 pm »
Pure self interest from Steve Bruce...he's knows that going to have to pay if he wants to watch Premiership footy next season. ;)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: April 27, 2015, 08:30:43 pm »
I don't see what Scudamore has said wrong there.

WHUFC's price reduction is solely for their benefit and not out their consideration of the fans and thinking they get ripped off. Anyone who thinks it is is totally naive and ignoring the fact that their prices are going up next season.

Why should the PL have to dictate prices for all clubs when it is a select few eg Hull who are taking the piss.
So PL's sole purpose is commercial revenue. The Clubs throw their hands up and say, it is down to the PL. Meanwhile, the money flows in, we pay more for tickets, the job, well and fucking truly, is a good'un.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: April 27, 2015, 08:38:28 pm »
So PL's sole purpose is commercial revenue. The Clubs throw their hands up and say, it is down to the PL. Meanwhile, the money flows in, we pay more for tickets, the job well and fucking truly, is a good'un.
No. So far ONE club's spokesman ie Bruce has said it is down the PL. Most other clubs are not taking the piss like they are.

Should fans expect to pay more to see a better quality opposition? Yes. Should they expect to pay £30 more? No. Is it unfair on fans of the Cat A teams to pay more than everyone else for away games? Yes. Would they kick up as much of a fuss if it wasn't £30 'extra' tomorrow? Arguably, no.

Unlike all other clubs ( except City ) WHUFC are about to get a £700M stadium practicallly for free and are shit scared that they won't get anywhere close to filling an additional 60% of seats when at times they can't even fill the seats they currently have, the cheaper seats at the new stadium will have worse views than their current equivalent, etc, etc hence a reduction in pricing.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 08:40:32 pm by Smudgester »

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: April 27, 2015, 08:48:13 pm »
No. So far ONE club's spokesman ie Bruce has said it is down the PL. Most other clubs are not taking the piss like they are.

Should fans expect to pay more to see a better quality opposition? Yes. Should they expect to pay £30 more? No. Is it unfair on fans of the Cat A teams to pay more than everyone else for away games? Yes. Would they kick up as much of a fuss if it wasn't £30 'extra' tomorrow? Arguably, no.

Unlike all other clubs ( except City ) WHUFC are about to get a £700M stadium practicallly for free and are shit scared that they won't get anywhere close to filling an additional 60% of seats when at times they can't even fill the seats they currently have, the cheaper seats at the new stadium will have worse views than their current equivalent, etc, etc hence a reduction in pricing.

I see your point. West Ham are definitely not doing this out of some sympathy for the fans. Football fans coming together over this, will send out out a message wider than sport. Imagine football tribalism put to bed, for the greater good? 'They' would be fucking spooked..The wider 'they'.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #427 on: April 27, 2015, 09:00:30 pm »
Steve Bruce's Big Fat Sensible Head!

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
Hull - The choice for supporters
« Reply #428 on: April 27, 2015, 09:31:41 pm »
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/hull-the-choice-for-supporters

In just under twenty four hours’ time, Liverpool FC will take to the pitch at the KC Stadium. It’s a regular run-of-the mill Premier League match. Off the pitch, and in the stands, it is anything but regular. Instead of the usual packed and boisterous away end, full of the club’s loyal supporters, there will be empty seats. The usual defiant stand taken by supporters will be just a stand, bare and quieter than usual.

The defiance will be elsewhere. Tomorrow evening, it will be at Anfield and outside the Premier League. A loud and clear message that enough is enough. Our arguments for reductions on ticket prices have been well made. Now is not the time to repeat them or labour a point. Our protests tomorrow - at Hull, at Anfield and in London - is our opportunity to tell the cartel inside football clubs and the Premier League that this is the future that awaits them.

None of this is a threat. We aren’t threatening more boycotts. We aren’t threatening to withdraw our support. We aren’t saying give us what we want or else. What we have is a promise. That if clubs continue with the morally questionable pricing policies, that if they continue to see football ticket prices as nothing more than an item on a spreadsheet, that if they keep trying to hide behind each other and that if they see us as nothing more than consumers then they will be responsible for the empty stands. That they will be responsible for the lack of atmosphere at stadiums around the country. Not because we want it but because they simply we wanted more and we just couldn’t afford it.

We don’t expect tomorrow to change pricing dramatically. The football cartel won’t run for the hills, they will try and ride it out, hoping the anger we all have fizzles out. But tomorrow is an opportunity to make them sit up and take notice. To further enhance our arguments for a change in policy. To build on the momentum we have with more and more people speaking out. And to show them that enough of us care, that it is a growing number of us and that we won’t be going away until they change course or until it is just too late.

We have had plenty of support so far - from the Hull City Supporters Trust, supporters of other clubs, from our own supporters throughout the world and from journalists, pundits and players. When Steve Bruce, despite the constant songs about the size of his head, and Mark Lawrenson speak out in support, then you know you are on the right side. And there are sides to this - the side of the football cartel, the people who want to keep the vast riches to themselves, who think we should put up and shut up. Or the side of ordinary supporters, loyal but seen as a cash cow, increasingly squeezed for every last penny.

There are some who have a ticket and are planning to go. Some are still considering and some have recently changed their mind, deciding not to go despite the paid for adult ticket. All of this is an individuals choice. All that we ask is you consider what this choice might mean. That the football cartel will try and exploit ‘divisions’. That they may stick to their mantra of greed is good because some just keep on paying. Our choice is solidarity. Sticking together, not just because you can afford it but because others - mates, family, the familiar faces with which you sharing a knowing nod at matches - can’t. Because your future generations and theirs will be priced out if we let it carry on. We appreciate it is a hard choice for supporters. It is one, that for those who have made this difficult choice have done so with a heavy heart. But one with a greater good at its root. If you are going, we just ask you to be sure you think it is the right thing to do.

For those who aren’t going, who will leave their seat empty and their songs unsung, do try and join us - at Anfield or London - and make it clear to those in charge that enough is enough and that we won’t be slowed in our pursuit of affordable football for all.

What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: April 27, 2015, 09:33:33 pm »
the momentum is building , fair play to all involved

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #430 on: April 27, 2015, 09:39:53 pm »

I think you are confusing this with UEFA rules.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #431 on: April 27, 2015, 09:41:51 pm »
I think you are confusing this with UEFA rules.

The comparable accommodation rule is in place I think for PL games.

What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: April 27, 2015, 09:42:12 pm »
Union Call to Arms.....

Hull - The Choice For Supporters

Monday 27 April 2015 at 20:51

In just under twenty four hours’ time, Liverpool FC will take to the pitch at the KC Stadium. It’s a regular run-of-the mill Premier League match. Off the pitch, and in the stands, it is anything but regular. Instead of the usual packed and boisterous away end, full of the club’s loyal supporters, there will be empty seats. The usual defiant stand taken by supporters will be just a stand, bare and quieter than usual.

The defiance will be elsewhere. Tomorrow evening, it will be at Anfield and outside the Premier League. A loud and clear message that enough is enough. Our arguments for reductions on ticket prices have been well made. Now is not the time to repeat them or labour a point. Our protests tomorrow - at Hull, at Anfield and in London - is our opportunity to tell the cartel inside football clubs and the Premier League that this is the future that awaits them.

None of this is a threat. We aren’t threatening more boycotts. We aren’t threatening to withdraw our support. We aren’t saying give us what we want or else. What we have is a promise. That if clubs continue with the morally questionable pricing policies, that if they continue to see football ticket prices as nothing more than an item on a spreadsheet, that if they keep trying to hide behind each other and that if they see us as nothing more than consumers then they will be responsible for the empty stands. That they will be responsible for the lack of atmosphere at stadiums around the country. Not because we want it but because they simply we wanted more and we just couldn’t afford it.

We don’t expect tomorrow to change pricing dramatically. The football cartel won’t run for the hills, they will try and ride it out, hoping the anger we all have fizzles out. But tomorrow is an opportunity to make them sit up and take notice. To further enhance our arguments for a change in policy. To build on the momentum we have with more and more people speaking out. And to show them that enough of us care, that it is a growing number of us and that we won’t be going away until they change course or until it is just too late.

We have had plenty of support so far - from the Hull City Supporters Trust, supporters of other clubs, from our own supporters throughout the world and from journalists, pundits and players. When Steve Bruce, despite the constant songs about the size of his head, and Mark Lawrenson speak out in support, then you know you are on the right side. And there are sides to this - the side of the football cartel, the people who want to keep the vast riches to themselves, who think we should put up and shut up. Or the side of ordinary supporters, loyal but seen as a cash cow, increasingly squeezed for every last penny.

There are some who have a ticket and are planning to go. Some are still considering and some have recently changed their mind, deciding not to go despite the paid for adult ticket. All of this is an individuals choice. All that we ask is you consider what this choice might mean. That the football cartel will try and exploit ‘divisions’. That they may stick to their mantra of greed is good because some just keep on paying. Our choice is solidarity. Sticking together, not just because you can afford it but because others - mates, family, the familiar faces with which you sharing a knowing nod at matches - can’t. Because your future generations and theirs will be priced out if we let it carry on. We appreciate it is a hard choice for supporters. It is one, that for those who have made this difficult choice have done so with a heavy heart. But one with a greater good at its root. If you are going, we just ask you to be sure you think it is the right thing to do.

For those who aren’t going, who will leave their seat empty and their songs unsung, do try and join us - at Anfield or London - and make it clear to those in charge that enough is enough and that we won’t be slowed in our pursuit of affordable football for all.

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/hull-the-choice-for-supporters
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 09:50:04 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: April 27, 2015, 09:45:48 pm »

Every Club has said it is down to the Premier league.

All the other trusts report that's what their Clubs say when prices are mentioned - the PL as a whole have to do something.

Then we get in to see Scudamore and he says it is a matter for the Clubs.

They're both right though as it requires all of the Clubs to sit down and agree a common policy so the level playing field they perceive stays the same.

It's a cartel - while the FA are useless at least they have an occasional nod to the "game" for all - the PL is a massive corporate masonic lodge - if you get that you can see where everything else flows from.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #434 on: April 27, 2015, 09:47:30 pm »
Nice one Graham.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Perkins

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepare to be Skrtelised
Re: Hull - The choice for supporters
« Reply #435 on: April 27, 2015, 09:53:11 pm »
Well done all involved, this already has stimulated discussion and anything else is a bonus for me

Well in the Union, I have bought a kids ticket for tomorrow
To avoid murdering each other, you'll have to keep yourselves anaesthetised with DVD boxsets and the occasional holiday. Life partner? Joy thief, more like

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hull - The choice for supporters
« Reply #436 on: April 27, 2015, 10:05:14 pm »
Great stuff. Well done everyone involved. Hopefully there will be a knock on in these last few games and into the next season. Heard the Steve Bruce interview today, spot on.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: April 27, 2015, 10:05:42 pm »
The comparable accommodation rule is in place I think for PL games.

It's R12:

R.12. A Home Club shall not charge admission prices to supporters of a Visiting Club which are higher than those charged to its own supporters for comparable accommodation and in particular concessionary rates offered to senior citizens and junior supporters shall apply to supporters of a Visiting Club.

Page 178

http://m.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publications/handbooks/premier-league-handbook-2014-15.pdf
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline mjjason

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: April 27, 2015, 10:34:21 pm »
Would it make sense to have 1 or two supporters go and unfurl a banner explaining why seats are empty.  Many people that are just watching on TV and not really following the news will have no idea.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: April 27, 2015, 10:39:45 pm »
Would it make sense to have 1 or two supporters go and unfurl a banner explaining why seats are empty.  Many people that are just watching on TV and not really following the news will have no idea.

In hand
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892