Author Topic: Match Preview - Manchester City v Liverpool - 3 January 2019 8.00pm  (Read 86850 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Man City v Liverpool
January 3rd, 20:00h, Etihad Stadium

Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn, Fourth official: Martin Atkinson

On autopilot

'And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife, and you may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?'

―  David Byrne, Talking Heads, Once in a Lifetime

These legendary lyrics from Talking Heads’ ‘Once in a lifetime’ first hit the airwaves on February 2nd 1981. Masterfully produced by Brian Eno, the song keeps its finger firmly on the pulse of the musical zeitgeist - borrowing influences from early hip hop that will only just burst in the mainstream in years to come. The decade that followed, vibrant and decadent 80’s, ripe age of the shopping mall and obscene wealth worship, has in many ways shaped the universal understanding of these lyrics. We commonly read them as the artists direct sting at consumerism, an average yuppies dream come true placed under scrutiny. That car, that house, that wife (equally a trophy as anything else money can buy) are all finally yours - but are you now content and happy? You have accumulated wealth, but have you lived?

Musical critic Steve Huey at the time said about the song that it’s describing ‘the drudgery of living life according to social expectations, and pursuing commonly accepted trophies’. To be fair, the song works perfectly well with this interpretation, but Byrne’s later comments exposed another layer. He said the song is essentially about unconscious, or to be more precise living one’s life without actually being an active, conscious participant.

‘We operate half-awake or on autopilot and end up, whatever, with a house and family and job and everything else, and we haven't really stopped to ask ourselves, 'How did I get here?’

Now that opens a whole box of different and more interesting questions.

What is the real value in achievements if you haven’t savoured the journey?
What is the value in the journey if it doesn't challenge you fully?
Who said life should be easy and convenient and who told us to aim for life of ease and convenience?
And above all when did we settle for cruising on autopilot and how to snap out of it?

It turns out it is almost impossible to answer any of these without poking the bear of unpleasant memories.

On shadows and scars

I understand this is a pre-match thread, which may for some come with expectations of talking about formations, xG’s (whatever the fuck those are), various other stats, player form and potential outcomes, but there is something else, just slightly out of focus, that is well worth discussing.

There is this amazing, humble book I stumbled upon during one of my deep dives on BookDepository. It’s called ‘In Praise of Shadows’ by Jun'ichirō Tanizaki. Published in 1933 and at just over 70 pages long it’s a quick read - yet it’s incredibly rich in poignant observations on simple things in life. It’s kind of an essay on Japanese core aesthetics - but it is also much, much more. It offers a set of examples for living a life where one hones it’s senses to appreciate things delicate and nuanced, where shadows are not banished by endless artificial lights but embraced and appreciated, where patina of age is not a signal to replace but to further cherish the object. Everything that is understated and natural, like patterns of grain in old wood, the sound of dripping rain is appreciated in the moment, observing the effects of light, seasons and simply being there, present, receptive to what is around us. This quality of experience in the lived moment is not just an end in itself, it becomes a string of moments, a story, where even the less beautiful moments belong to a lifelong series we can look back on and cherish the memories.

Were it not for shadows, there would be no beauty.
― Jun'ichirō Tanizaki, In Praise of Shadows

These days there is a whole ‘mindfulness’ industry, countless apps, websites, books to cater to this need of immersing yourself in the moment - but the trick is really simple. Step out of your head and be a fully cooperative participant in something bigger than yourself.

Kintsugi is a Japanese art form in which breaks and repairs are treated as part of the object's history.
Broken ceramics are carefully mended by artisans with a lacquer resin mixed with powdered gold, silver or platinum.

On now

As I’m sitting with my coffee, obviously listening to Talking Heads, I find myself as one often does when a year is coming to an end, looking back at this relentless rollercoaster we’ve collectively been on during this season. Cosy winter afternoons are after all the perfect time for looking back.

As things stand we are witnessing a coming of age of possibly the strongest Liverpool team in decades. For some time now, well probably since we sold Coutinho, replaced him with god amongst men and the sky didn’t fall on us - we have been rising and rising. It has been a journey that delivered more magic moments than anyone could have expected but what it also did is constantly trigger old expectations of failure. There is of course a well warranted fear of opening old scars, of trying only to once again fall flat on your face. It’s understandable really. For every magic moment we saw recently there is the flipside memory. For each time Gini spins with three midfielders on his ass there is a memory of our captain giving the ball to Demba Ba, for every mazy run by Mo there is a memory of Ramos breaking our dreams with a judo move. But just try and resist looking at these expectations of opening old wounds as a good enough reason to detach yourself even a little bit from what is happening right now.

These scars serve as a reminder of how resilient and determined this club is. Like that bird that rose from ashes, you know the story right? We saw the storms come and go, grew so accustomed to trimming down expectations and living in the state of postponed gratification. To be honest I've had enough of it. We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

We may or may not end up looking at our boys on that bus, with that beautiful cup, but we can snap out of the autopilot and make memories along the way.

Bring them on.

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
Re: Match Preview - Manchester City v Liverpool - 3 January 2019 8.00pm
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 07:09:59 pm »
I can see us beating them with a good margin, something like a reapeat of the 16/17 at their stadium.

I think Klopp will be very cautios and try to play on the counter sitting a bit deeper. A classical 4-3-3 switching to a 4-4-2 diamond with Firmino dropping deep and Salah and Mane attacking City's high line narrowly. I would love to see Keita as a part of the midfield instead of Henderson, as I think he can cope with City's high pressure better.

Mane       Salah
Firmino
Keita         Gini
Fabinho
Robertson Van Dijk Lovren Trent
Alisson
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 07:28:46 pm by L.Suarez »

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 07:15:46 pm »
Toughest game of the season on paper. Goes without saying any kind of result would be huge. Expecting a midfield of Henderson, Fab and Wijnaldum given Milner's injury. The rest pick themselves.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 07:22:34 pm »
I predict Keita to start.

Have a wild theory that Klopp was saving him under the radar (by using him out of position recently) as our secret nuclear weapon that will make all the difference in our biggest league game since that unfortunate Chelsea game.

Who better than Keita to do what we need the most on Thursday - win the ball back/turn away from the pressure, drive forward and get the ball to our front 3 facing 1v1s. It'll be a huge tactical surprise that will leave them dumbfounded.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 07:23:13 pm »
20:00 Man City v Liverpool

Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth official: Martin Atkinson

Anthony Taylor in this fixture has only Ref'd it once before:
2/13 Man City 2-2 Liverpool
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 07:24:08 pm »
My usual mantra
Just win lads, just win.
 ;D

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 07:27:36 pm »
I predict Keita to start.

Have a wild theory that Klopp was saving him under the radar (by using him out of position recently) as our secret nuclear weapon that will make all the difference in our biggest league game since that unfortunate Chelsea game.

Who better than Keita to do what we need the most on Thursday - win the ball back/turn away from the pressure, drive forward and get the ball to our front 3 facing 1v1s. It'll be a huge tactical surprise that will leave them dumbfounded.

I think he may start too.

Gini and Henderson will.

The third spot up for grabs and he offers us something different.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 07:30:11 pm »
My usual mantra
Just win lads, just win.
 ;D

And to quote Horation Nelson - "Never mind the maneuvers, just go straight at them."

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 07:31:02 pm »
I think he may start too.

Gini and Henderson will.

The third spot up for grabs and he offers us something different.

Hendo instead of Fabinho at DM? I think Fabinho is nailed on to start as may also be Henderson but not infront of the defense.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 07:32:32 pm »
The reverse fixture earlier on in the season came at probably the worst possible time for us, being at the back end of a gruelling run of fixtures including Spurs, PSG, Chelsea x2 and Napoli away. In the end we were very fortunate to not see our first loss of the season when Mahrez missed a last minute penalty.

Whilst we were doing just enough to win most of our games, many of us wondered when the front 3 were going to 'click', well 33 goals later (with only 5 conceded) it's safe to say that they have. On form, we are a different beast entirely to the one that started on the 7th October, whilst they have lost 3 of their last 5. In contrast to then I think this is the perfect time for us to play them, and to hopefully go 10 points clear  :wave
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 07:38:13 pm »
We are winning this one!

Mane to get a brace, and Salah scoring one as well.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 07:42:27 pm »
One of the biggest games in our recent history. The marginal impact of this one result will reverberate through to the end of the season. Win, it’s 10pts, lose and it’s 4. 10pts at this stage of the season is a massive gap, as would 7 be, but 4 would see them right back in it. We’d have to rally extremely hard after a loss - it’s been a gruelling and incredibly successful December, so there will be a natural “lull” after this Man City game. It would be so much better being able to navigate the next part of the season with a 10pt cushion. It means a pick up in rotation in the knowledge that there’s a big cushion to 2nd place, and that would leave us able to be back in maximum beast mode for the run in.

Massive opportunity tomorrow. I don’t doubt these lads will be fully on it and looking to get the win here. The onus is on them to come and win the game, and I hope we sting back as hard as we did yesterday. Put them to the sword.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 07:44:07 pm »
Biggest game of the season, by miles. Potentially season-defining.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 07:49:29 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smT2C-BLyuo

::)

Let's twat these plastic twats

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 07:50:13 pm »
Be a very interesting game, wonder how we’ll approach it seeing as we dont need to go all out for the win. Back 5 and front 3 pick themselves, midfield will be interesting. Gini, Hendo and Fab could be our safest bet but maybe Keita will get a start and play left to counter the threat of Sterling and Walker. Cant wait for this, avoid a defeat and it will give us all a massive lift.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 07:51:41 pm »
Biggest game of the season, by miles. Potentially season-defining.
I don’t see it like that anymore but can understand if many do. I think the Napoli game was bigger, lose ethat and we’re out of the CL, lose this we’re still 4 points up. Had the gap been smaller or if we were still chasing then yes, but this is much bigger for them.

No doubt they are our biggest rivals in terms of chasing the title and a win here would mean we’re putting major distance between us and everyone else but worst comes to the worst and we lose (I don’t think we will) and we’re still in the driving seat.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 07:53:41 pm »
Really looking forward to this.

Think we'll defo come away with at least a point.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 07:54:12 pm »
Going to be a thriller I think. Pep played it cagey at Anfield first time around and they should've won with a penalty. He didn't want to get exposed to our attack on the pace. I think given they have to win this time there needs to be some exposure, which makes our tactic interesting.

I expect to see more heavy metal football and less of the shoegaze we saw in the home game. I think City will be on it but so will we.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 07:54:46 pm »
Nice OP mate.

Offline Jaron

• RAWK's Poet Laureate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Ready in 6 minutes
    • http://twitter.com/jaroncollis
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 08:02:09 pm »
A fabulous OP.

I love the analogy with the Kintsugi pottery. Our scars make our history beautiful. So many years of hurt, but now I've never been more mindful of what happens on the field. I appreciate each and every one of them.

I love Allison's agility. Trent's exuberance. Virgil's imperiousness. Lovren's rennaissance and Robbo's harrying.
I love Gini's gymnastics. Fabinho's orchestrating and Hendo's snarling tackles.
I love Sadio's fleet-footed incisiveness, and Bobby's lung-busting hustling.
I love Mo's beautiful elegance.
And most of all, Jurgen's bellowing, chest-thumping passion.

I had never really thought of the Reds as a work of art before.
A machine yes, like some kind of a mechanism for turning passion into silverware.
But never felt anything like same the connection with the team that came so close 5 years ago.
Perhaps because that team was so freakishly unexpected, an improvised contraption that somehow, improbably, almost won the race.
Whereas this team has been crafted over the last 3 years, sculpted by countless meticulous decisions.
It's been a privilege to watch Klopp at work.
Yet we know we are still unfinished, that we can get even better.

I am loving this journey.
And I don't even know what the destination might be.

Unleash the storm, and its beautiful fury.
"We go again."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2018, 08:07:35 pm »
It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

They changed their game plan to stop us attacking them at Anfield.  In essence they changed everthying about themselves to contain us. 

But at the city of Manchester stadium? They have to win now.  And to do so, they have to attack.  Sane, Laporte, Gungadon, and DeBruyne will all play (ignore the ‘injuries’). And they will test us wide and fast.

They could of course open us up.  Thye are great and could blitz us.  But... we could blitz them too.  And if we can out,ast their initial blitz then they will be their for the taking.

It’s a very interesting game.  How will they accommodate us?  Can they afford to do so?  And how does that play out?

And hey.. if we were to lose we’d be 4 points clear.  I’d be happy with a 0-0 draw myself... ;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2018, 08:08:53 pm »
Win this and well, actually i don’t want to say it. Reds to win 3-2.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline brightside.

• Main Stander
  • If you ain't first, you're last
    • twitter
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2018, 08:12:51 pm »
I feel like a clean sheet is important for us, because we can't lose that way. And I want us to break Chelsea's record of conceding conceding only 15 goals in a PL season. 
Is it just me or does anyone else feel Kuyt could pull a Forest Gump once he retires from football. Just run for years without stopping

Offline GreenLaneRed27

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2018, 08:15:54 pm »
I’d take the 1-1 and run right now...

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2018, 08:19:21 pm »
Thank you Zlen, that is brilliant mate and apologies if it feels your effort seems unappreciated so far, it's a magnificent OP mate.

And this, what a fucking line.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2018, 08:28:11 pm »
Great OP, and a bit different from the "usual" Match Preview threads.

I don’t see it like that anymore but can understand if many do. I think the Napoli game was bigger, lose ethat and we’re out of the CL, lose this we’re still 4 points up. Had the gap been smaller or if we were still chasing then yes, but this is much bigger for them.

No doubt they are our biggest rivals in terms of chasing the title and a win here would mean we’re putting major distance between us and everyone else but worst comes to the worst and we lose (I don’t think we will) and we’re still in the driving seat.

While I agree with you regarding points and the importance of the Napoli match, I still believe this ManCity match is potentially season defining - not because it opens a factually insurmountable gap in the table, but because it'd be a statement of intent. It'd mean we're not going to make the same kind of mistakes we've previously made, we're not going to crack under unreasonable pressure like we used to do; it'd mean we're eschewing complacency for ruthlesness, nervousness for steely-eyed resolve. It'd be pretty much setting down a marker to the rest of the teams, that they should be scared of us. They should think they have no option but to surrender, because we went to the reigning champions' home and did not flinch, did not cower and did not blink when they tried to stare us down. I'm reminded of a famous line from the 1987 classic "Predator" - 'if it bleeds, we can kill it'.

Well, the beast is bleeding.

So it's something that goes beyond the points, IMO. If we do the business on thursday, then they will get nervous - fans, players and managers alike. They'll try to put us down, they'll try to pray for bad luck to come upon us, they'll even try to get their own hated rivals to stop us. They'll hate us even more because they'll envy us. And we will not care, because the boys in red will only have eyes for the big prize, that golden sky awaiting.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2018, 08:28:41 pm »
Thank you Zlen, that is brilliant mate and apologies if it feels your effort seems unappreciated so far, it's a magnificent OP mate.

This.

It is certainly appreciated. A very nice roundabout way of building the hype. Thinking mans hype. I think a lot of people have been waiting for this thread though, and we're not all thinking men (and women) so it's hard not to get carried away getting a post in

Cheers Zlen.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2018, 08:35:48 pm »
That photograph used in the original opening post is actually a photograph of the ground in the 23rd minute from their last home game  ;)
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2018, 08:38:14 pm »

Thanks John.
It was either write something slow to calm my nerves a bit or hit the caps lock and scream for an hour. :)
I'll probably get to the screaming phase before the kickoff anyway.

Offline Treedon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2018, 08:41:26 pm »
Thanks for the OP, I really enjoyed it.

As for the match, I haven’t got a clue!

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2018, 08:42:34 pm »
Its probably going to start in a similar way to Arsenal. But make no mistake, we are going there with the aim of winning. We are not going to go for a draw. The interesting thing is what happens once we take the lead. Will we able to control the game like we controlled Arsenal. If we go behind. What's going to happen? Will we blitz them? No way we can score 2 in 5 minutes surely?

Just win. Because with our current side. Once we get 9 points ahead of the chasing pack, we are going to be relentless in our pursuit of the prize and anything that stands in our way is going to be swatted aside.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2018, 08:46:31 pm »
20:00 Man City v Liverpool

Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth official: Martin Atkinson

Anthony Taylor in this fixture has only Ref'd it once before:
2/13 Man City 2-2 Liverpool

Has this been confirmed having this Manc as ref? I'd be echoing Rodgers comments from a few years ago on what a disgrace this is in the pre-match conference- maybe get a freindly journo to ask about it

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2018, 08:49:03 pm »
Really enjoyed the o/p thanks.

I feel like all the pressure is on City for this one. They are the champions, playing at home, and if they lose they will be 10 points behind us. They are shit scared of us and they aren't playing well at the moment so bring it on...we're going to beat them.

Offline GreenLaneRed27

• Kopite
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2018, 08:53:04 pm »
Yep, it's a horrific decision, the whole of Manchester is desperate for us to lose and even if he's the most neutral man on the planet he's going to have friends and family on at him non stop. I'm sure he wants to do the biggest games but it's a stupid position to put him in. It's worrying.
I thought there was geographic restrictions regarding refs... that’s why we never get Mike Dean for example?

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2018, 08:55:11 pm »
Yep, it's a horrific decision, the whole of Manchester is desperate for us to lose and even if he's the most neutral man on the planet he's going to have friends and family on at him non stop. I'm sure he wants to do the biggest games but it's a stupid position to put him in. It's worrying.

Best just to do our talking on the pitch.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2018, 08:56:20 pm »
Brilliant OP Zlen.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2018, 08:57:19 pm »
Wouldn’t be talking about the ref pre match that will get you nowhere

But if I was Klopp the one thing I’d go on and on about is their tactical fouls to break up counters which are a huge weapon of there’s they are totally reliant on beause they play so high
I’d call it ‘anti football’ to get it in the press, get Pep to respond to it and get it in the officials heads
Fernandinho gets away with 3 or 4 a game - if he gets carded for the first one it’s a massive advantage

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2018, 08:57:58 pm »
Has this been confirmed having this Manc as ref? I'd be echoing Rodgers comments from a few years ago on what a disgrace this is in the pre-match conference- maybe get a freindly journo to ask about it
Definitely.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2018, 08:58:11 pm »

And this, what a fucking line.

Indeed... plus really enjoyed 'xG’s (whatever the fuck those are)' ;D Hats off too for bringing in an arm of ancient Japanese pottery I really have some time for.

4 points behind us, or 7, or 10? Would have gladly taken that. Let's make it 10 nonetheless.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2018, 08:58:26 pm »
This also affects our CL run too. If we win Thursday, it will allow us that little bit of extra cushion to rest key players here and there (hello Virgil). We'll be fresher for both the Champions League and the Premier League. And we'll be able to give some underused players like Sturridge, Origi, Lallana, Matip some playing time so they'll be ready if needed in important matches down the road.

Like others here, I'll be content with a draw & won't be worried by a loss. But a win, deary me, a win would...be nice.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski