Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1399978 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5520 on: February 10, 2019, 09:18:11 pm »
Oxlaid-Chamberlain, middle field charge, smashes it in...and that's how the Premier League was won

Not sure if I want to see him do a piss take dab after that , or not...
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5521 on: February 10, 2019, 09:50:21 pm »
I heard on commentary yesterday that we are 18pts better off at this stage than we were last season!  A season where we finished 25pts behind City.

By my estimation they're gonna finish at least 7pts worse off than last year ... so we've closed the gap and we ARE good enough to win it providint we keep our nerve and continue at this rate.
Not to be nitpicking, but if they are 7 ts worse off compared to last year, when we ended up 25 pts behind, and we have now 18 pts more than at this stage last time, your calculations put us on par. ;)
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5522 on: February 10, 2019, 09:52:59 pm »
Didn't he say he could have gone into United and do same job as Solksjaer has?

Deluded idiots.
He actually clarified that statement, any decent manager could have done that, not just him. :)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5523 on: February 10, 2019, 09:54:33 pm »
He actually clarified that statement, any decent manager could have done that, not just him. :)

That still rules him out!

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5524 on: February 10, 2019, 10:04:15 pm »

Offline arbiarbi

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5525 on: February 10, 2019, 10:07:55 pm »
We have to forget about Manchester City! Completely forget about them and focus only on Liverpool, focus only on us !!!!

One word and thing are key!

IMPOSSIBLE... Forget this ugly word, one of the most frustrating words in the world!!!   There is only one important thing and it that comes after "IM"

Come on you Liverpool, everything is in your hands , you can do it, you will do it,  you can win all games, it is POSSIBLE!

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5526 on: February 10, 2019, 10:44:39 pm »
We have to forget about Manchester City!

Who are they?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5527 on: February 10, 2019, 10:59:32 pm »
Who are they?

No mark small time club owned by slave owners that have broken the football rules but everyone looks sideways because they use that illegal slave money to buy mercenaries who score goals

I mean, nobody.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #5528 on: February 10, 2019, 11:16:41 pm »
Just live in the moment. Absolutely no point whatsoever in worrying about what City will or won’t do. We play one game at a time and then we see where we’re at after that. We played Bournemouth, beat them and are 2nd on goal difference. That’s it. The rest is a bunch of bullocks, 6-0’s, playing the end-of-season predictor, their mind games, Spurs. They may win every game until the end, so may we, nobody has a clue if it’ll play out that way. Unless someone ported themesvles into the future, came back and is clued up on what’s going to happen.

The CL is going to be such a welcome distraction to all this.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:19:05 pm by Number 7 »
YWNA

Offline Redondos Barber

• Kopite
« Reply #5529 on: February 10, 2019, 11:21:06 pm »
From a dive hopefully  ;D
Just beating Sir Harry to top scorer in the process. Followed with a Klinsmann celebration. Honestly, I could die happy.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #5530 on: February 10, 2019, 11:41:54 pm »
Bring it on, I prefer a straight fight.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #5531 on: February 10, 2019, 11:58:20 pm »
Its great that we are competing for this title. Nobody really thought anyone would get close to City this season. All the talk was about it being impossible to close the points gap, and yet here we are tied on points having played one fewer games!

For me City are still favourites, though I'm not knocking our team or saying anything about their ability to stay the course. City have been through this a number of times in recent years, and that is repeatedly an advantage for players and staff.

Its way too often that are only clawing for top four at this point, with one or two teams still in the main fight. We just have to take one game at a time and recognise that its going to be an up and down ride, and just bloody enjoy it!

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5532 on: February 11, 2019, 12:52:17 am »
We're watching two world class teams well on their way to amount some of the highest points totals seen in one season ever, one of those teams is us and that's pretty great. If we ultimately can't make it over the line then it will hurt, but this is easily the best Liverpool side I have seen and this season has been a blast so far, real life has enough worry and stress in it as it is so whatever happens let's try and enjoy the journey as much as possible.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Online him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5533 on: February 11, 2019, 01:08:39 am »
This is the most valuable title bar Leicester one if we manage to win it. Considering how dominating this City side is.
Believer

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5534 on: February 11, 2019, 01:27:15 am »
This is the most valuable title bar Leicester one if we manage to win it. Considering how dominating this City side is.

Are City really that dominating this season? City have lost 4 times this season so far. Utd have lost 5.

It only a title race because of them draws we had recently.

Offline gb096

• Anny Roader
  • In Sunny Brisbane
« Reply #5535 on: February 11, 2019, 02:27:52 am »
Long way to go, as ppl say, lets just play our next match. A victory at Old Trafford will be huge and send a message, a draw will put us top!! One game at a time, hopefully injuries have sorted themselves out and we will have a steady defense for the next few games. This is what it is all about, not sure why ppl get all depressed and miserable when we are trying to win a title. I for one am going to enjoy it...

Online him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5536 on: February 11, 2019, 02:44:08 am »
Can't expect City to drop any more point, we have to do our own work.
Believer

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5537 on: February 11, 2019, 03:28:40 am »
Are City really that dominating this season? City have lost 4 times this season so far. Utd have lost 5.

Unclear yet, but it's not the number of losses that decide the champion. Points dropped to too many draws can do that as we should know painfully well...

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5538 on: February 11, 2019, 04:15:34 am »

As much as it pains me to say, they were the more dominant team in our 2 league games.

Doesn't mean they are better or will go on to win the title.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #5539 on: February 11, 2019, 04:27:08 am »
Still a long way to go. One third of a season still to be played.

Got to admit momentum is currently with City with their wins and us failing to go 7 pts clear but get 9 points out of 9 in the next three games.

Things will turn back in our favour. We just couldn't afford to drop any points at this stage.

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #5540 on: February 11, 2019, 04:28:19 am »
As much as it pains me to say, they were the more dominant team in our 2 league games.

I don't agree with this. It may not look from the outset but they defended stoutly at Anfield, with their cautious non-penetrative back line to midfield passes. Yes they did miss the penalty in the end, but I would hardly term it dominant.

They played a great majority of the second leg in an atypical non-ManCity-ish football to nick a win at the Etihad. They literally camped 10 men in their half of the field for a good 20 mins in the end to hold on to their dear life for a win.

The aftermath of the Chelsea results is leading to psychologically biased hyperboles.
City won the game 3-0 and Chelsea lost the game with another 3-0. If Bournemouth trashed Chelsea 4-0, City trashing them 6-0 is not all City's dominance.  I would still say we are in a very good position as far as the title is concerned. It's a tight race, but we are definitely in control.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:55:50 am by v2krules »

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #5541 on: February 11, 2019, 04:32:30 am »
We just couldn't afford to drop any points at this stage.

True, We can't afford to drop any more points. Treat 12 games as 12 finals.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5542 on: February 11, 2019, 04:48:48 am »

Doesn't mean they are better or will go on to win the title.

They genuinely weren’t. They were 2 of the most tactically astute games I’ve ever seen, and the margins were thin. We could easily have come away with 6pts, they could easily have come through with 6. They deserved the win in the 2nd game but it was because they made one more of their big moments count and we couldn’t.

I don’t think either team was dominant in those games though. Shows the incredible quality of the 2 teams.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #5543 on: February 11, 2019, 04:49:33 am »
Never thought for one second the Plastics were going to pose any threat whatsoever to City, but the 6-0 drubbing was just shameful. Where's their sense of pride? Are they trying to get the manager fired?

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #5544 on: February 11, 2019, 04:59:28 am »
13 wins

12 wins
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5545 on: February 11, 2019, 05:02:25 am »
Well, 11 wins and a draw would be enough as well
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #5546 on: February 11, 2019, 05:05:01 am »
Well, 11 wins and a draw would be enough as well

I fully expect us to win the United game. I am sure we can save the draw for later.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #5547 on: February 11, 2019, 06:06:41 am »
Never thought for one second the Plastics were going to pose any threat whatsoever to City, but the 6-0 drubbing was just shameful. Where's their sense of pride? Are they trying to get the manager fired?

They lost all their pride when they got destroyed by Bournemouth 4 nil.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5548 on: February 11, 2019, 06:29:30 am »
Even if we finish second, it's no shame in that, since the bastards from City have spent probably more than 2 billion, so finishing couple of points behind such a team wouldn't be such a disaster. There are two things though that i wish we did differently this winter. 1. Keeping Clyne 2. Getting an experienced midfielder/attacker from one of big clubs, even on loan, just to boost the team in hard times like we had in two last previous games before Bournemouth.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online dirks digglers

• Kopite
« Reply #5549 on: February 11, 2019, 06:55:30 am »
Even if we finish second, it's no shame in that, since the bastards from City have spent probably more than 2 billion, so finishing couple of points behind such a team wouldn't be such a disaster. There are two things though that i wish we did differently this winter. 1. Keeping Clyne 2. Getting an experienced midfielder/attacker from one of big clubs, even on loan, just to boost the team in hard times like we had in two last previous games before Bournemouth.

Ultimately though, there’s a way we go about our business under Klopp and these owners, which means making decisions based on a set of principles and sticking to that, whether we stand or fall. And thus far this season it’s been 99% stand and 1% fall. We can argue the toss re Clyne but it’s not the thing that will win or lose us the title. And frankly if City put together a season which is so good that we don’t win it despite playing a phenomenal season ourselves, then we shouldn’t beat ourselves up about it. It’s just very unfortunate timing to be up against the only team who could possibly have lived with us this season.
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5550 on: February 11, 2019, 07:00:27 am »

Why would you have kept Clyne? For two games where exceptional circumstances created a problem at right back?

And what ‘big club’ midfielder are you thinking of that would have slotted into our midfield? Which player and which club? Fabinho is now showing his potential and Keita had his best game against Bournemouth, more than halfway through the season.

We’ve been desperately unlucky with injuries over the last few weeks but you can’t just pick up like-for-like world class players in the January window for a couple of games.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #5551 on: February 11, 2019, 07:05:48 am »
Why would you have kept Clyne? For two games where exceptional circumstances created a problem at right back?

I personally don’t really like risks, and I always liked Rafa’s blue print of having 2 players for every position, even if he never really got to implement it in his sell to buy project.

Those 4 points in that 2 games period could ultimately come back to haunt us, I’m not saying Nathaniel would have made a difference but those were two very winnable games and I think he is a solid right back.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:07:39 am by Wesley Pipes »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #5552 on: February 11, 2019, 07:07:56 am »
I personally don’t really like risks, and I always liked Rafa blue print of having 2 players for every position, even if he never really got to implement it in his sell to buy project.

Those 4 points in that 2 games period could ultimately come back to haunt us, I’m not saying Nathaniel would have made a difference but those were two very winnable games and I think he is a solid right back.

Clyne was forth choice right back though?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #5553 on: February 11, 2019, 07:22:26 am »
I personally don’t really like risks, and I always liked Rafa’s blue print of having 2 players for every position, even if he never really got to implement it in his sell to buy project.

Our problem in those two games was scoring goals though. Against Leicester we had 72% possession and only mustered 3 shots on target. Against West Ham we had 73% possession and only mustered 6 shots on target - enough for 2-3 goals, but we didn't convert. I'm not sure what Clyne would have done to change those outcomes?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5554 on: February 11, 2019, 07:29:27 am »
Our problem in those two games was scoring goals though. Against Leicester we had 72% possession and only mustered 3 shots on target. Against West Ham we had 73% possession and only mustered 6 shots on target - enough for 2-3 goals, but we didn't convert. I'm not sure what Clyne would have done to change those outcomes?

He wouldn't have been attacking like MIlner did down the right against West Ham.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5555 on: February 11, 2019, 07:38:01 am »
Clyne was forth choice right back though?

That's because he was injured. Just when he was fit, we decided to let him go. I'm sorry, for me that was poor decision by our club, and I'll have to agree to disagree with everyone about this.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #5556 on: February 11, 2019, 07:40:53 am »
That's because he was injured. Just when he was fit, we decided to let him go. I'm sorry, for me that was poor decision by our club, and I'll have to agree to disagree with everyone about this.

How would keeping him have changed out fortunes?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #5557 on: February 11, 2019, 07:47:49 am »
Agree. We didn’t concede goals on the basis the opposition saw a weekness at RB and exploited it. We were done via 2 set pieces.

I think we had a bad day at the office against Leicester and a draw vs WestHam is no great shame considering they beat Arsenal and Chelsea at home. Our latest ‘wobble’ culminated in drawing games not losing like City. With or without Clyne it wouldn’t have made a difference.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #5558 on: February 11, 2019, 07:49:35 am »
I can see both sides of the agreement about Clyne. I was originally in the stick with him camp. Thought he had a good game against united. I think what the should have kept him people are saying is we have had to put other players in that right back position because he has gone out on loan. At the game on Saturday i thought Milner was brilliant. He is such an amazing player, left back, centre half, right back, any one of the midfield roles, defense, attack.
It was such a lift to see AAT on though in second half. That must have really lifted the team. Wearing lots of tape. I feel we can do this.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #5559 on: February 11, 2019, 07:52:33 am »
I think the ref did us against Leicester, Johnny Evans slip, McGuire last man, Mane fouled, and the Keita box trod on incident. Same thing at West Ham agree with Klopps thoughts, ref trying to over compensate for our goal.