Author Topic: Jamie Carragher  (Read 135223 times)

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jamie Carragher
« Reply #920 on: November 26, 2019, 08:58:46 am »
Dont think gerrard would even get in our team of the decade to be honest

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: November 26, 2019, 09:40:36 am »
yeah he was shit
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: November 26, 2019, 12:03:39 pm »
Named a PL team of the decade last night and only Liverpool player in it was VVD.

I know Gerrard left us at the end of the 2015 season, but in the 6 seasons this decade (09/10 on) he started 158 PL games (13 on as sub) and scored 49 goals, assisting 37 more. Bizarre he wouldn't make that team.
Not that bizarre to chose David Silva and Yaya Toure over him, is it? Niether is a greater player overall, but Gerrard's best football was played in the previous decade, even if 09/10 is included here.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #923 on: November 26, 2019, 01:24:44 pm »
Not that bizarre to chose David Silva and Yaya Toure over him, is it? Niether is a greater player overall, but Gerrard's best football was played in the previous decade, even if 09/10 is included here.

I'd personally put Gerrard from 09 on wards over Toure of 09 on wards (although the latter had one exceptional season).

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: November 26, 2019, 10:21:55 pm »
Got to say Carraghers talk with Evra challenges how I saw the incident and made me think. At the time  I believed there was there was a misunderstanding due to translation/cultural differences but listening to carragher who was in the dressing room with Suarez, knew him well, makes me think. I also thought Evra came across well and sounded persuasive and rational. I don't buy the sky influence arguments, of couse the lad wants to keep his job and can be harder on Liverpool than Neville is on the Mancs but Carra sounded 100% genuine over this and there's a difference between football bias and life principals.

I don't know what was said for certain, none of us do bar Evra and Suarez, I hope it was a misunderstanding but if it wasn't and that's a possibility, Carraghers apology was absolutely right. If Gomez, or Trent or any of our players said they'd been racially abused, I'd believe them, but you can't jjudge racism on club support. I never liked Evra but that's doesn't mean he wasn't abused and if he was, I'd owe him an apology because some things are more important the football rivalries.

Great post as always, my thoughts exactly.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: December 5, 2019, 07:19:02 am »
Got to say Carraghers talk with Evra challenges how I saw the incident and made me think. At the time  I believed there was there was a misunderstanding due to translation/cultural differences but listening to carragher who was in the dressing room with Suarez, knew him well, makes me think. I also thought Evra came across well and sounded persuasive and rational. I don't buy the sky influence arguments, of couse the lad wants to keep his job and can be harder on Liverpool than Neville is on the Mancs but Carra sounded 100% genuine over this and there's a difference between football bias and life principals.

I don't know what was said for certain, none of us do bar Evra and Suarez, I hope it was a misunderstanding but if it wasn't and that's a possibility, Carraghers apology was absolutely right. If Gomez, or Trent or any of our players said they'd been racially abused, I'd believe them, but you can't jjudge racism on club support. I never liked Evra but that's doesn't mean he wasn't abused and if he was, I'd owe him an apology because some things are more important the football rivalries.

There is a thread on Redcafe that pretty much mirrors the worst comments on Jaime on this one. It's called "Gary Neville is dead to me".

But other than that, I agree with everything.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #926 on: January 8, 2020, 08:37:24 pm »
Been listening to his podcast and have quite enjoyed it. Loved listening to Hendo's interview gives a real insight into the club over the last five seasons. It's amazing when you think how Hendo could have left when Brendan came in. So glad he chose to fight the decision. An interview with Steven Gerrard on now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: January 9, 2020, 08:58:07 am »
Enjoying the podcasts he does.

Henry’s was great. Didn’t realise how intelligent he was about the game.
Henderson was good.
Currently listening to Bellews.

Haven’t touched Paddy McGuinesses.

https://open.spotify.com/show/0mFXogvwNzQZqZX8M52VBO?si=MCU2C_0HTFyOoNWlq7ixiQ

Gerrards out today

https://audioboom.com/posts/7473262-steven-gerrard

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #928 on: January 9, 2020, 09:40:08 am »
Gerrards out today

https://audioboom.com/posts/7473262-steven-gerrard

Looking forward to it will listen to it on drive home. Hoping its not a hour long chat about Rangers.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #929 on: January 9, 2020, 09:42:27 am »
Looking forward to it will listen to it on drive home. Hoping its not a hour long chat about Rangers.

It's good, he's still not as open as you'd like as he still doesn't want to upset the wrong people, but he talks a lot about his career, how each manager might have changed him and how he looks back and thinks he could have done somethings differently. He also talks about what he wants out of his managerial career.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #930 on: January 9, 2020, 11:10:26 am »
It's good, he's still not as open as you'd like as he still doesn't want to upset the wrong people, but he talks a lot about his career, how each manager might have changed him and how he looks back and thinks he could have done somethings differently. He also talks about what he wants out of his managerial career.

I hope someone in England comes in for him cant stand either of the arsecheeks (old firm) and hate seeing him at Rangers hoping his ambition Is to manage in England even if its not Liverpool next.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #931 on: February 16, 2020, 05:58:40 pm »
Good podcast with Carra from Andy Grant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDueflY767o

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #932 on: February 18, 2020, 12:16:14 am »

We usually concur on most stuff down the years but fuck me Albie I couldn't disagree with you more diametrically on this. Evra was/is a lying c*nt and Jamie blows with the wind and talks shite much of the time, most especially on this occasion.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #933 on: March 30, 2020, 09:40:30 pm »
Every time I see a clip pop up on Youtube involving Carragher I think of him spitting. It's such an odious thing to do no matter what the provocation. I respect the service he gave Liverpool but as a person I would have little regard for him after that incident.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: March 31, 2020, 07:30:50 am »
Every time I see a clip pop up on Youtube involving Carragher I think of him spitting. It's such an odious thing to do no matter what the provocation. I respect the service he gave Liverpool but as a person I would have little regard for him after that incident.
lets say carragher was in a bar fight, less aggro would have been made over it. If you ask me when it comes to acts of aggression spitting is way below punching. In fact its not even in the same ball park. Carragher throwing a coin into the crowd at highbury is worse than spitting for example yet the spitting thing referred to a lot
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #935 on: March 31, 2020, 09:46:45 am »
In terms of physical hurt spitting doesn’t register on the scale I agree. But it is just lowest of the low thing to do. For the amount of money sky are paying him he should have smiled it off and turned the other cheek. High rewards bring high responsibility.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #936 on: April 2, 2020, 06:11:44 pm »
lets say carragher was in a bar fight, less aggro would have been made over it. If you ask me when it comes to acts of aggression spitting is way below punching. In fact its not even in the same ball park. Carragher throwing a coin into the crowd at highbury is worse than spitting for example yet the spitting thing referred to a lot
I think it's how spitting is viewed in our society.

Maybe it goes back to Victorian times? When one way to sort out differences was to roll your sleeves up and have a tear up on the cobbles. Sort of a manly thing to do.

Whereas spitting is the kind of thing that you might do once or twice as a kid, get bollocked by yer ma for doing it, and never do it again.

So the implication is that if you're caught spitting as an adult then you're either very immature or weren't raised proper.
Hence it is frowned on more than fist fighting.

It also comes across a bit low and crude if you eject your bodily fluids on someone.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: April 2, 2020, 06:58:34 pm »
because its nasty as fuck and he did it to a young girl

scumbag

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: April 2, 2020, 07:48:47 pm »
Obviously it turned out he gozzied on a fairly innocent girl and that was unfortunate. But I do personally believe any c*nt who try to harass and record people deserve spitting on. It's a fitting punishment. I would gladly do the same if I was me and it wasn't going to make headlines. Play a scummy game win a scummy prize.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #939 on: April 2, 2020, 10:31:53 pm »
Their is simply no defending what Carragher did irrespective of the provocation. The rag was waved and Carragher offered to be the bull. I loved Carragher as a player but as a person he said a lot about himself in how he handled this incident. To spit on someone is pissing on them aside, the lowest thing you could do. Of course the numpty rising him was a prat no getting away from that. In handling the situation like he did Carragher left himself open to humiliation. Both on an account of spitting, the publicity and having to apologize.

I can appreciate others may see the whole incident differently to me. The problem for Carra and his family is when his obituary is written this is going to be mentioned.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2020, 10:34:20 pm by norecat »

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #940 on: April 19, 2020, 07:00:01 am »
Why has this thread just become a Sticky?

Sponsored by Carra??

;D

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #941 on: June 25, 2020, 11:37:37 pm »
He's having a belter now with the champagne, fucking hilarious. Carra 24 legend!

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #942 on: June 25, 2020, 11:47:47 pm »
Fucking hilarious watching him on Sky Sports News tonight.  Lad.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #943 on: June 25, 2020, 11:59:20 pm »
Fucking hilarious watching him on Sky Sports News tonight.  Lad.

So funny!  ;D

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #944 on: June 26, 2020, 12:32:17 am »
I've moaned about his punditry in the past but seeing him with the champagne made me so happy! Still liverpool through and through
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: October 19, 2020, 05:41:42 am »
He's becoming a very unlikable fella. Shades of Stockholm syndrome.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: October 19, 2020, 12:10:47 pm »
Becoming? Always been. Giving him a microphone has just made it more obvious.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 12:12:49 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: October 19, 2020, 12:26:19 pm »
Fuck was he saying to Souness about "the challenges in his career"? Could tell he was proper upset? Weird fella.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #948 on: October 19, 2020, 12:54:26 pm »
He's a twat. Blue who just happened to play for us.

Fuck him.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #949 on: October 19, 2020, 03:10:55 pm »
I’ve defended him quite a bit in the past when he’s come out with some strange comments, putting it down to wanting to come across less biased towards us.

However he’s gone wayyyy beyond doing that now. He sounds like one of those bitter fans you meet who can’t say anything good about the club they apparently support. I think those types of fans are twats, and unfortunately Carra is quickly falling into that category.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: October 19, 2020, 03:25:52 pm »
prick of the highest order.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #951 on: October 19, 2020, 04:47:19 pm »
What's been said the last day or two?  Must have missed it.  Saw some Twitter comments that seemed to infer a spat with Ian Broudie, but it seems posts were deleted.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #952 on: October 19, 2020, 05:10:19 pm »
He's a twat. Blue who just happened to play for us.

Fuck him.

The whopper was saying on Twitter the other week how if Everton and Liverpool were going for the title 'I couldn't lose'.

He still supports them. He was never one of us. He just uses the club for his media profile as 'Ex-Liverpool star' elevates him more than 'Everton fan'.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: October 19, 2020, 05:13:28 pm »

Becoming? He stabbed Rafa in the back for a massive new contract he got while the club were in court for a takeover when he knew his legs had gone.

He'll always have Istanbul in the bank but massively outstayed his welcome and will spend the rest of his days at Sky shitting on the club and bigging up Everton.

He's always been a nasty piece of work and Sky should have sacked him on the spot for spitting at fans.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 05:15:40 pm by Fromola »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: October 19, 2020, 05:33:12 pm »
I'm all for respecting our players past and present, especially the good servants. But it's a 2 way street. Once they've finished, they need to understand their responsibilities to the club that paid them well and gave them a profile.

Kenny needs to have a quiet word.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: October 19, 2020, 06:12:40 pm »
Becoming? He stabbed Rafa in the back for a massive new contract he got while the club were in court for a takeover when he knew his legs had gone.
A grown man in his 30s having his old man 'Philly' run a cabal within the club and do his dirty work is also rarely talked about ("Jamie's signing nothing until that c*nt Benitez is sorted" to Purslow). Not to mention ensuring any threat to his own position - notably the Agger/Skrtel combo - was undermined by whatever means necessary, especially when it came to Danny, a sublime footballer who was the antithesis of the self-serving skip-hop-hoofer bluenose from Bootle. He may have never had the rumoured tattoo, but it runs all the way through him like a stick of Colwyn Bay rock.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: October 19, 2020, 07:03:16 pm »
A grown man in his 30s having his old man 'Philly' run a cabal within the club and do his dirty work is also rarely talked about ("Jamie's signing nothing until that c*nt Benitez is sorted" to Purslow). Not to mention ensuring any threat to his own position - notably the Agger/Skrtel combo - was undermined by whatever means necessary, especially when it came to Danny, a sublime footballer who was the antithesis of the self-serving skip-hop-hoofer bluenose from Bootle. He may have never had the rumoured tattoo, but it runs all the way through him like a stick of Colwyn Bay rock.

Refusing to play at right back at Middlesbrough in 08/09 before one of our two defeats that season (Skrtel had to play there and got the runaround from Downing).

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: October 19, 2020, 07:15:11 pm »
More shite analysis by him- comparing the team now to when Klopp took over on how we will miss Van Dijk. As if we don't now have a far better team

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #958 on: October 19, 2020, 07:16:27 pm »
More shite analysis by him- comparing the team now to when Klopp took over on how we will miss Van Dijk. As if we don't now have a far better team

Yeah, the massive upgrade in goalkeeper might just have played a part in improving those stats too (as great as Virg is).

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: October 19, 2020, 07:18:33 pm »
Yeah, the massive upgrade in goalkeeper might just have played a part in improving those stats too (as great as Virg is).

That, plus teams don't attack us really anymore as they are frightened of our attack and our levels of control in a game are at another level