Author Topic: Supporting Jurgen Klopp and the team through this injury ravaged season  (Read 65718 times)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Re: Supporting the team through this injury ravaged season
« Reply #80 on: February 8, 2021, 01:56:53 pm »
A much needed positive thread. The best manager and side in 30 years. League champions after a 30 year wait, still in the European Cup and fans/players still to return.

YNWA - it means something. The boss and players need us.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #81 on: February 8, 2021, 02:36:57 pm »
I found Roy Keane’s comments last night about us being ‘bad champions’ infuriating. There hasn’t been a team in Premier League history (perhaps, in league history) who has faced the kinds of hurdles we’ve had this year. Last year Man City lost Laporte and their form tanked and everyone said it was understandable because they’d lost their best centre half. We’ve lost our best centre half, AND our second best centre half, AND our third best centre half, AND we’ve had to resort to playing our two best midfielders in defence. The way people are brushing off our injuries or comparing them to City losing De Bruyne for a few weeks is quite remarkable. If I had the choice between not having a single, fit, senior, centre back for the majority of the season or losing Salah for 6 weeks I know which one I’d choose.

On top of that, two of our attacking three have completely lost form, possibly because of the change of system due to our two best central midfielders moving into defence or possibly just because they have. Luckily, we were smart enough in the summer to stock up and bring in a brilliant, young, striker who was scoring goals for fun but guess what? He’s been out INJURED since mid-December.

Oh and let’s not forget at the start of the season when we actually looked like we still had some fight in us, we had more VAR decisions go against us than any other team in the league. I don’t remember too many former champions having goals chalked off because an attacker’s sleeve was offside.

And have any other champions had to play a season condensed like this one? It’s literally unheard of. The schedule has been unrelenting and unsurprisingly that can take its toll when you don’t have £60m full-backs sat on your bench.

And just as the cherry on the cake, has there ever been a set of reigning champions that have had to play the following season without any crowds in the stadium? Has there ever been a team that weren’t able to lift the trophy in front of their supporters? Or parade it around their city on an open-top bus? Or hear their fans singing ‘champions’ week in, week out, to spur them on to go again? Yes, every team has suffered from the lack of crowds, but to win the league after 30 years and not even get to celebrate it? To not get the benefit of that support and adulation? This isn’t even being mentioned by most people but it’s absolutely huge.

So fuck off Roy Keane, you humourless, tactically illiterate, prick! If a single one of your Man Utd teams had had to face even half of the setbacks we’ve had this season they’d have fallen to pieces. And do you think you would have even been crowned champions against this current Man City side? When you were scraping to league titles on 75 points??  :wanker

What our players and our manager have done over the past few years is absolutely remarkable and even if they finish 10th this season I will be proud as punch. We've come up against the biggest financial juggernaut in the history of English football and we beat them! When every other club in the country hasn't even come close to being able to challenge, only Liverpool had the guts and the brains to get close to them. And not only that, but we have the best set of lads you will ever see in your lives, conducting themselves with absolute maturity every week. If you can't be proud of these boys then you're done for.

And finally, Jurgen. This man hasn't just changed the way we view our football club but I think he's changed the way a lot of us view life. He's not just a successful football manager - those people are easy enough to find, it's much harder to find a human being that can change the way you see the world. Jose Mourinho could have come here and won a league title, but he couldn't have made an imprint on my values and beliefs. This man and his attitudes are life-affirming, in the same way I'm told Bill Shankly was. Everything is done with optimism, courage and good humour. So yes, our form might drop off a cliff this season and those in the media who don't like us will be desperate to stick the boot in, but we have the best lads and the best manager we could possibly hope for. A team like this might NEVER come around again, so you better make the most of it.

His comments and the joy Tyler and Neville were taking during commentary were actually the highlights of the day for me.

In the last 18 months we've won the Premier League, the Champions League and the World Club Championship (European Super Cup too). We've broken numerous records in the process.

Whatever happens this season, at the end of it we all go 'thank fuck thats over, what a shitshow its been from the 4th round of fixtures' and move on fairly safe in the knowledge we'll be a fuck tonne better with some CBs back and fans back in the stadium. United will finish it knowing they've wasted an unbelievable opportunity. Thats why they're so deliciously bitter right now. They were riding the crest of a wave, late winners, dodgy penalty winners, deflected winners, no injuries, rivals dropping points all over the shop. And they've fucked it. They found themselves in a great position, coming to Anfield with us in freefall and no fit CBs and they reverted to type and thrilled themselves with a draw. Fucked it against Sheff United, fucked it against Arsenal, fucking it against Everton. They were all sat there weeks ago pretending to be keeping their feet on the ground. Its bollocks. They thought they were 'back' and the fact that they're not has just seem them revert to the old 'yeah but what about Liverpool' tactic, blissfully unaware its now 8 years since they won one of the MAJOR trophies and we've won both of them in less than 2.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BJ

• IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: February 8, 2021, 02:38:31 pm »
A lot of the negativity about the football is because of the wider circumstances. It’s really hard to raise your spirits on your own and so we’re looking to our team to do it for us or at least help give us some joy amongst the misery. 

In the middle of a pandemic, football came back.  The alternative to watching some poor games was even bleaker - no football at all.  So I’m thankful for it coming back and giving us something else to talk about if nothing else.  We are on this journey together and it will end where it will end unfortunately without our ability to influence the outcome by being in the ground.  Nevertheless the journey will come to an end and I’d rather try and enjoy it and look for positives rather than moan all the way and reach  the end in a state of anxiety and depression.  If you look for positives it actually alters the way your brain works and you do feel better for it.  Criticism is natural and all part and parcel of being a fan.  The reality is things aren’t going too well atm but that will improve. 

I’m looking forward to the next brilliant pass, world class goal or save; discussions about superb debuts and thrilling, exciting wins because they are coming.  All we can do is to try and stay positive and hope the collective vibe reaches  the team. 

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #83 on: February 8, 2021, 02:38:47 pm »
^^^ Koplass, please don’t get too upset with Roy Keane.

There’s a reason why Keane is sat in a Sky studio talking shite - he couldn’t hack it as a coach or a manager. He, Carra, Shreeves and Neville have sold their football souls. I’ve discovered it’s much better for my mood to watch only from kick off, on mute, then to switch off or over once Klopp’s had his two pence worth.

Welcome thread btw, well done lads.

"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 8, 2021, 03:00:07 pm »
This thread shows we've got good fans that understand what's needed when the chips are down.
I've said for a long time that some of our so called fans swallow whatever lines the talking heads come up with hook line and sinker.

Thankfully most of us know better.

Rafa was an easier target than Klopp, but because Klopp has taken aim at a few of them, there's a few in the media who think he's fair game.

One of the biggest issues I have with the game is that the media is saturated. There's simply too many people chasing the same scraps of news, so to stand out they sell outrage instead, and some of our "fans" are too dumb to spot it.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 8, 2021, 03:05:37 pm »
Great thread. Hope Jürgen & the squad know the sentiment in this stands true for the majority.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 8, 2021, 03:11:39 pm »
Have a funny feeling we will play people in their best positions and wipe the floor with Leicester on Saturday. All is not lost. We have 15 games left to play some scintillating football, plus ‘ol Big Ears to play for. A restart could turn out to be a blessing in this strangest of seasons. YNWA.

Offline BJ

• Anny Roader
« Reply #87 on: February 8, 2021, 03:12:56 pm »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #88 on: February 8, 2021, 03:13:42 pm »

There’s a reason why Keane is sat in a Sky studio talking shite - he couldn’t hack it as a coach or a manager. He, Carra, Shreeves and Neville have sold their football souls. I’ve discovered it’s much better for my mood to watch only from kick off, on mute, then to switch off or over once Klopp’s had his two pence worth.

He should stick to talking shite about United, at least that was amusing.

This thread is an antidote to all the shite, gloom and negativity. And some great posts!

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 8, 2021, 03:41:54 pm »
Anyone else fed up with how childish sky sports football commentators/ pundits have become? Neville and Carragher’s playground ‘banter’ Micah Richards with his non stop booming laugh about anything that is said. Even Martin Tyler is getting in on the act.
This Liverpool team have been awesome for 3 seasons now, they’ve given us fans memories that will last a lifetime. With the way it was going , I honestly never thought we would win the PL in my lifetime. They’ve had an unprecedented run of serious injuries to key players, they are knackered after the last 3 years. They all deserve better than the snivelling, childish ‘banter’ from sky’s new ‘team’! They’re so bad I’d rather have Richard Keys and Andy Gray back!
Wish we could get the message to Klopp and the team that the fans are still right behind them!
Can anyone on here organise a message book that we could all put a short message of support that could be delivered to the club?
Just a thought.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 8, 2021, 03:49:30 pm »
Anyone else fed up with how childish sky sports football commentators/ pundits have become? Neville and Carragher’s playground ‘banter’ Micah Richards with his non stop booming laugh about anything that is said. Even Martin Tyler is getting in on the act.

It’s not just Sky, although they definitely lead the pack. It’s this tiresome “Bantz” culture where everything is about creating a joke or some content for Social Media. If they put up a post crediting Liverpool, they’ll get some exposure from Liverpool fans liking/retweeting etc. If they put up a post mocking Liverpool, or drum up some faux controversy through their commentary, they’ll whack that on Twitter and get thousands of likes/retweets/shares and whatever else from people who lap it up.

It’s because of this rolling snowball of shite opinions that Salah is labelled a diver, Liverpool fans are all “living in the past” and Bruno Fernandes is apparently the best player in the world ever.

I’m trying my best to tune out of all the attention seeking screaming from all corners approach to becoming the most talked about media outlet, but fuck me it’s tiresome.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 8, 2021, 03:53:05 pm »

Indeed, it's the same with Souness. The way they sneer at current teams, players and managers because they were 'winners' in their day. Steven Gerrard was a winner in his day, and now he's doing more winning at Rangers, instead of sitting on his arse and being paid to not even provide any kind of tactical insight.

Anyone that thinks they can criticise a bunch of lads who just went to 97 points and 99 points back-to-back is an absolute joker. They should pin Roy Keane's words up on the dressing room wall, the absolute has-been.   
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 8, 2021, 03:55:48 pm »
United will finish it knowing they've wasted an unbelievable opportunity. Thats why they're so deliciously bitter right now. They were riding the crest of a wave, late winners, dodgy penalty winners, deflected winners, no injuries, rivals dropping points all over the shop. And they've fucked it. They found themselves in a great position, coming to Anfield with us in freefall and no fit CBs and they reverted to type and thrilled themselves with a draw. Fucked it against Sheff United, fucked it against Arsenal, fucking it against Everton. They were all sat there weeks ago pretending to be keeping their feet on the ground. Its bollocks. They thought they were 'back' and the fact that they're not has just seem them revert to the old 'yeah but what about Liverpool' tactic, blissfully unaware its now 8 years since they won one of the MAJOR trophies and we've won both of them in less than 2.

:wellin
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 8, 2021, 03:57:48 pm »
snip
Agree with you mate, it's unwatchable. Which is why I have nothing  to do with it.
The whole thing is beyond tiresome. By dickheads aimed at dickheads.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 8, 2021, 04:02:27 pm »
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4WPKtj0F15c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just a reminder of when we were climbing up the slippery slope in a mixed metaphor kind of way. One of my favourite ever Liverpool players (though he was never quite the same after that injury) Lucas Leiva and Emre Can. Mercurial player. The League was a long way off then. Jurgan was Jurgan....

Online Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 8, 2021, 04:31:47 pm »
To tell the truth I couldn't really give a shit about this season.  And I've been feeling that way for a while now. 

Everything thats encapsulated it - the injuries, the lack of fans, the outside world shenanigans........its just all been a bit underwhelming, and unimportant. 

Don't get me wrong, when the game comes on, I watch, and I hope.  But the disappointment in a loss is nothing to what I would have felt last season or the season before.

There's still a lot to play for.  I know an outside top 4 finish could have consequences, so I'm kinda interested from that viewpoint.

But take absolutely no notice of the shite the media are generating.  Question Klopp??  My arse.  That bloke has done everything for us, and his dynasty will not crumble over a few months.  It would be a travesty if the witch hunt intensified to the point where he just said fuck it and moved on.  I'm desperately hoping that isn't what happens.  But those fuckers on Sky etc etc love a drama.

What I'm fully confident of is we will regain form next season.  Get the injured lads back.  Get the crowds back.  Get the passion back. 

We're not a flop overnight.

Just hoping we can be professional enough to see out this season in the top 4.  I think we will.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 8, 2021, 04:58:39 pm »
Let the media/rivals continue to say we are making excuses. That’s just the world we live in - full of fucking idiots with no logic.

If they had a braincell amongst them, I would implore them to think of ANY Premier League title winning side. Then I would ask them, would that side have still won the title without 3 of their best CB’s? The answer is absolutely not.

Just take a couple away from them and they wouldn’t win the title in reality.

Pallister/Bruce - United in the 90’s
Keown/Adams - Arsenal in the 90’s
Stam - Take him away on his own in 1999 and United’s treble becomes the nothing
Toure/Campbell - Arsenal’s invincible’s
Terry/Carvalho - Jose’s Chelsea
Rio/Vidic - United 2000’s
Kompany - Just take him out alone when we went close in 2014 plus their other title wins
Terry - Take him away the year after on his own. Take Cahill as well if you want
Morgan/Huth - Take them away from Leicester

Honestly. It has infuriated me at times how much shit has been talked about my club and our apparent ‘failings’ this season. But with time, I’ve just learned to accept that there are a lot of stupid fuckers around.

We will be back next season, I have no doubt about that.

Offline BJ

• Anny Roader
« Reply #97 on: February 8, 2021, 05:01:33 pm »
Can anyone on here organise a message book that we could all put a short message of support that could be delivered to the club?
Just a thought.
I have been thinking along those lines myself.  I know all clubs have no fans in attendance but we seem to be missing them more than most.  I said previously that it is testament to the premise that Liverpool fans make a real difference to the outcome of games, that our absence has proved that correct.  Maybe get in touch with a fan channel on YouTube like Redmen TV who have a line of communication with the club, to see what suggestions they could come up with?

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #98 on: February 8, 2021, 05:13:17 pm »
We are still 4th in a season where anything that could have possibly gone wrong has gone wrong. Any other team in the same situation would be fighting relegation. I mute my twitter when we come off a bad result nowadays because of all the braindead nonsense that pops up there. Our current squad walks the league if we didn't have any long term injuries. We started this season with 1 CB short off a perfect squad and its unfortunate that we got fucked in exactly that position.
Given everything that has gone on, we are still not having a terrible season and still have plenty to play for. This will also help knock out some of the complacency and comfort in our younger lads to show them how fickle football can be. I am not worried at all.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #99 on: February 8, 2021, 05:14:13 pm »
We're still in the Champions League. I know it'll be tough to win it but when is it ever easy? We've won the fucking thing 6 times and who knows, in a few weeks if we manage the Leipzig tie properly we might have midfielders back in midfield, Kabak and/or Davies might have settled at the back and Mane and Bobby could start firing again. Then, in all seriousness, we'd be right in with a chance.

Get top 4, give the CL a run, re-evaluate. That's all we can do.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 8, 2021, 05:48:43 pm »
Personally I am just really looking forward to having almost a full week off from not seeing us play. I love watching us play but it has felt almost non stop over the past 10 weeks and emotionally and mentally I need a switch off. I think it is good for the whole fan base.

I totally agree about the whole bantz, bantz, bantz culture too. It's 100x worse this season as people can watch every single game and they are all stripped over the weekend. So then people start with these false narratives etc. and it almost feels like collectively we are consuming too much football.

Then when you factor in the injuries, the fans missing, VAR etc. it all just feels like its groundhog day. When people say "injuries are part of the game" or "Bournemouth had loads of injuries last season and they didn't complain" it is a really narrow minded view from the general public. Of course injuries are part of the game and that's why you have a squad which can manage 2-3 injuries at once, but it feels like we have had 6-7 players out at any given time since October.

I hate to feel like I am moaning and coming up with excuses (I probably am) as in reality, the warning signs were beginning to show in Feb/March and now I know why Klopp was so adamant about 5 subs earlier in the season, as the likes of Trent, Robbo, Gini, Mane seem collectively fatigued. I feel saying we're tired us a poor way of looking at it, but deep down something is not quite right with us and whether that is down to the personnel or tactics who knows.

I know by Saturday I will be full of optimism and false hope again :D

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 8, 2021, 06:12:37 pm »
We're still in the Champions League. I know it'll be tough to win it but when is it ever easy? We've won the fucking thing 6 times and who knows, in a few weeks if we manage the Leipzig tie properly we might have midfielders back in midfield, Kabak and/or Davies might have settled at the back and Mane and Bobby could start firing again. Then, in all seriousness, we'd be right in with a chance.

Get top 4, give the CL a run, re-evaluate. That's all we can do.

That's how i feel as well.

Who knows,there's been wild swings of form with many clubs this season and we just might find our mojo again.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #102 on: February 8, 2021, 06:46:12 pm »
To be honest, I'm at peace with the probability of us not retaining the title this season. Of course, I'd love us to have done so, but missing out in what is the worst league season in football history is something I can live with.

If there was ever a season to give the club a free pass, it's this one. The manager and this squad have given us moments and trophies over the last few years that virtually every other club on Earth can only dream of having. We have been champions of everything and everywhere, and we achieved that before Covid set in.

We really have seen things others do not see. What we've witnessed has been astounding. Thing is though, it's become clear that the squad and manager are mentally and physically drained and exhausted. These things can happen and, if they must, then there is no better time for it to happen than now, in what is little more than a meaningless season of going through the motions in order to keep clubs afloat through TV money.

This is the worst season in the history of football. It has the most bizarre results and the worst officiating in living memory. Yes, I want us to win everything, regardless of circumstances, but we have no divine right to do so. Sometimes everything aligns against you, sometimes for you. It's clear that they are against us at the moment. Shit happens, but we'll get over it.

Perspective is a great thing, so it's worth remembering that this is the club that almost went bankrupt just over a decade ago. This is the club that survived the Hillsborough disaster. This is the club that built a dynasty feared throughout Europe, then lost it again, but recovered to conquer not only England, not only Europe, but the whole damn world too.

We have come through a hell of a lot worse than this before, and we'll come through this too. It's what we do.

We learned from Kiev, and that learning brought us Madrid. We learned from missing the title by a point, then we came back to win it the season after. This club, this manager and this team learn from their pain and their disappointment and they come back stronger. It's what they do.

Loving your club is like loving a partner. If you invest yourself honestly and fully, you open yourself up to the riches that a loving relationship can offer. The flip side is that you also open yourself up and make yourself vulnerable to emotional pain. Loving your club is similar in that it can bring the most beautiful highs but, sometimes, some awful lows too. You stick in there though, because it's worth it and because you care. You stick in there because your club matters to you regardless of whether they are winning or not.

We get on the rollercoaster knowing that highs and lows follow each other, and you cannot have one without the other. Well, here we are, on a downward part of the track, but we'll level off at some point and start our ascent once more. It's what we do.

I can't speak for anyone else on this, but I'm more than willing to give Klopp and his players a free pass this season. If there was ever a season where a stinker could be forgiven, it's this one. This is a rather meaningless mess of a season under artificial playing circumstances in extraordinary times. It's the least important football season in our lifetimes so, I'm at peace in my own mind with writing it off. LFC, Jürgen Klopp and every single one of his players owe me nothing this season. In the last few seasons they've brought me riches I wondered if I'd ever see again. They have an awful lot of goodwill and support in the bank as far as I'm concerned.

I trust this club. I trust this manager, and I trust the players he trusts. Yes, it's a rollercoaster, but I'm not getting off the ride in a dip, because I want to be on it when the next high comes around, and it will.

I don't even watch live football anymore because I loathe the implementation of VAR and I loathe the tabloidesque packaging of the game now, but I'll always be there for Liverpool. They'll always have my support and I'll always have their back.

« Last Edit: February 8, 2021, 06:55:16 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #103 on: February 8, 2021, 07:06:46 pm »
To be honest, I'm at peace with the probability of us not retaining the title this season. Of course, I'd love us to have done so, but missing out in what is the worst league season in football history is something I can live with.

If there was ever a season to give the club a free pass, it's this one. The manager and this squad have given us moments and trophies over the last few years that virtually every other club on Earth can only dream of having. We have been champions of everything and everywhere, and we achieved that before Covid set in.

This is the worst season in the history of football. It has the most bizarre results and the worst officiating in living memory. Yes, I want us to win everything, regardless of circumstances, but we have no divine right to do so. Sometimes everything aligns against you, sometimes for you. It's clear that they are against us at the moment. Shit happens, but we'll get over it.

I can't speak for anyone else on this, but I'm more than willing to give Klopp and his players a free pass this season. If there was ever a season where a stinker could be forgiven, it's this one. This is a rather meaningless mess of a season under artificial playing circumstances in extraordinary times. It's the least important football season in our lifetimes so, I'm at peace in my own mind with writing it off. LFC, Jürgen Klopp and every single one of his players owe me nothing this season. In the last few seasons they've brought me riches I wondered if I'd ever see again. They have an awful lot of goodwill and support in the bank as far as I'm concerned.

Well you can speak on my behalf, brilliant post. It's exactly how I feel and you've summed  it up perfectly.
This season has been a joke, I have said that all along, nothing to do with our recent slump. To me this season is a like a long procession of meaningless pre season friendlies, the ones that the media try and drum up excitement and controversy over. A bit like the a season of endless Charity Sheild games (without the fans!)

It all feels hollow, false and forced. Without the fans, football is a farce, with VAR and the standard of officiating overall this season it just rubs that feeling in.

I will always love my club, I have done since 1965, that will never change but I can't pretend to be arsed and excited over something that I am not.

« Last Edit: February 8, 2021, 08:35:08 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #104 on: February 8, 2021, 07:09:37 pm »
This manager and team get my support.
The obituaries have been written so let us hope that the horribly sycophantic football media gets shoved down their gobs in the seasons to come.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #105 on: February 8, 2021, 07:11:43 pm »
We're a right shower'a bastards when we lose
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 8, 2021, 07:17:21 pm »
Some of them don't even shower Chops.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #107 on: February 8, 2021, 07:21:10 pm »
We're a right shower'a bastards when we lose

But the best behaved supporters in the land...when we win.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #108 on: February 8, 2021, 07:24:35 pm »
Klopp and the lads won us the league.

That's good enough for me. We've been amazing for a few seasons

No issues with us having an off season given the situation with the injuries, lack of crowds and missing people all over the park.

For people to be whining is pathetic to be honest.

If you can't support the lads when they need your support then fuck off.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #109 on: February 8, 2021, 07:31:09 pm »
I am sorry but I cannot get as worked up or as angry as some of the posts on her about Keane or Souness and their comments on Sky sports. Maybe there was a bit of complacency that had creeped into the team this season (although I felt that began at the end of last season), but there has been a maelstrom in football terms this season for us for lots of reasons.

I see this season as being similar to the 1980-1981 season (yes I am that old lol); where we were miles of the pace in the league and all the pundits were saying we were finished. Paisley made changes and the next season we were champions again  ;D

Offline BJ

• Anny Roader
« Reply #110 on: February 8, 2021, 08:27:27 pm »
I think because there’s little else to do, football has become larger in my life recently than it should have done so the highs are amazing and the lows feel like they’ve never done before.  Having two incredible seasons prior to this one have played their part as well in that I’ve become accustomed to winning and almost forgotten what it felt like to lose a game.  I’ve remembered that now and how uncomfortable it sits.  If anything, instead of being angry, it’s teaching me patience. 

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #111 on: February 8, 2021, 08:48:48 pm »
I think because there’s little else to do, football has become larger in my life recently than it should have done so the highs are amazing and the lows feel like they’ve never done before.  Having two incredible seasons prior to this one have played their part as well in that I’ve become accustomed to winning and almost forgotten what it felt like to lose a game. I’ve remembered that now and how uncomfortable it sits.  If anything, instead of being angry, it’s teaching me patience.

It’s had the opposite effect on me. It laid a few demons to rest maybe. Not that I ever think winning is all that matters, as I’ve never supported a club cos they where succesful, its rather been family or geographical reasons. And the fact is, some of my most memorable and fun times supporting Liverpool was actually when they where not doing great!

But cos of the close calls, and cos of the dominance of absolute shit stain clubs like Chelsea and Abu Dhabi over recent years, and yes, cos the years where dragging by without a league title, it made it very special to win the two biggest prizes and especially so that it was Jürgen Klopp that did it, the most humble, genuine, sympathetic coach and manager out there.

So now, the only thing that is bothering me, isn’t not winning the league again, it’s seeing him and his players get dragged down so much and clearly struggling with everything that’s going on, and a shittone of ‘fans’ seemingly quickly forgetting who it was that got us there in the first place.

Every day I hate (English) football a little bit more, cos of the attitude and lack of understanding and knowledge of far too many people who have the loudest voices.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 8, 2021, 08:52:50 pm »
I remember walking out of Anfield in 1981 after we had lost 1:3 to City with Bruce at his calamatous best. The defence was all over the place and it was just a terrible exhibition of a team floundering. However, we stayed with the lads, no mass moaning and even the obligatory abuse to the Kemlyn Road getting off early. It's a great pity we can't be there with today's lads, to show that we support them and we will through what is a very poor period. It's not only the noise that they miss but the sheer desire we give them to try and win. It must be soul destroying to suffer a defeat like Sunday's in an empty stadium.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #113 on: February 8, 2021, 09:00:01 pm »
So now, the only thing that is bothering me, isn’t not winning the league again, it’s seeing him and his players get dragged down so much and clearly struggling with everything that’s going on, and a shittone of ‘fans’ seemingly quickly forgetting who it was that got us there in the first place.
I agree with this point so much.

I feel blessed to have witnessed the great team of 18-20. Our form this season doesn't bother me as much as seeing the heroes of that team being dragged through the mud.

Really depressing mood around the club at the moment, I hope it passes soon but I feel like it wouldn't at least until end of the season.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #114 on: February 8, 2021, 09:34:12 pm »
I found Roy Keane’s comments last night about us being ‘bad champions’ infuriating. There hasn’t been a team in Premier League history (perhaps, in league history) who has faced the kinds of hurdles we’ve had this year. Last year Man City lost Laporte and their form tanked and everyone said it was understandable because they’d lost their best centre half. We’ve lost our best centre half, AND our second best centre half, AND our third best centre half, AND we’ve had to resort to playing our two best midfielders in defence. The way people are brushing off our injuries or comparing them to City losing De Bruyne for a few weeks is quite remarkable. If I had the choice between not having a single, fit, senior, centre back for the majority of the season or losing Salah for 6 weeks I know which one I’d choose.

On top of that, two of our attacking three have completely lost form, possibly because of the change of system due to our two best central midfielders moving into defence or possibly just because they have. Luckily, we were smart enough in the summer to stock up and bring in a brilliant, young, striker who was scoring goals for fun but guess what? He’s been out INJURED since mid-December.

Oh and let’s not forget at the start of the season when we actually looked like we still had some fight in us, we had more VAR decisions go against us than any other team in the league. I don’t remember too many former champions having goals chalked off because an attacker’s sleeve was offside.

And have any other champions had to play a season condensed like this one? It’s literally unheard of. The schedule has been unrelenting and unsurprisingly that can take its toll when you don’t have £60m full-backs sat on your bench.

And just as the cherry on the cake, has there ever been a set of reigning champions that have had to play the following season without any crowds in the stadium? Has there ever been a team that weren’t able to lift the trophy in front of their supporters? Or parade it around their city on an open-top bus? Or hear their fans singing ‘champions’ week in, week out, to spur them on to go again? Yes, every team has suffered from the lack of crowds, but to win the league after 30 years and not even get to celebrate it? To not get the benefit of that support and adulation? This isn’t even being mentioned by most people but it’s absolutely huge.

So fuck off Roy Keane, you humourless, tactically illiterate, prick! If a single one of your Man Utd teams had had to face even half of the setbacks we’ve had this season they’d have fallen to pieces. And do you think you would have even been crowned champions against this current Man City side? When you were scraping to league titles on 75 points??  :wanker

What our players and our manager have done over the past few years is absolutely remarkable and even if they finish 10th this season I will be proud as punch. We've come up against the biggest financial juggernaut in the history of English football and we beat them! When every other club in the country hasn't even come close to being able to challenge, only Liverpool had the guts and the brains to get close to them. And not only that, but we have the best set of lads you will ever see in your lives, conducting themselves with absolute maturity every week. If you can't be proud of these boys then you're done for.

And finally, Jurgen. This man hasn't just changed the way we view our football club but I think he's changed the way a lot of us view life. He's not just a successful football manager - those people are easy enough to find, it's much harder to find a human being that can change the way you see the world. Jose Mourinho could have come here and won a league title, but he couldn't have made an imprint on my values and beliefs. This man and his attitudes are life-affirming, in the same way I'm told Bill Shankly was. Everything is done with optimism, courage and good humour. So yes, our form might drop off a cliff this season and those in the media who don't like us will be desperate to stick the boot in, but we have the best lads and the best manager we could possibly hope for. A team like this might NEVER come around again, so you better make the most of it.

Brilliant post.   

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 8, 2021, 10:14:00 pm »
I am sorry but I cannot get as worked up or as angry as some of the posts on her about Keane or Souness and their comments on Sky sports. Maybe there was a bit of complacency that had creeped into the team this season (although I felt that began at the end of last season), but there has been a maelstrom in football terms this season for us for lots of reasons.

I see this season as being similar to the 1980-1981 season (yes I am that old lol); where we were miles of the pace in the league and all the pundits were saying we were finished. Paisley made changes and the next season we were champions again  ;D

Won the European Cup that season as well ;)

Ipswich and Villa battling for the league was just weird as well, strange season .
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BJ

• Anny Roader
« Reply #116 on: February 8, 2021, 10:28:41 pm »
It’s had the opposite effect on me. It laid a few demons to rest maybe. Not that I ever think winning is all that matters, as I’ve never supported a club cos they where succesful, its rather been family or geographical reasons. And the fact is, some of my most memorable and fun times supporting Liverpool was actually when they where not doing great!

But cos of the close calls, and cos of the dominance of absolute shit stain clubs like Chelsea and Abu Dhabi over recent years, and yes, cos the years where dragging by without a league title, it made it very special to win the two biggest prizes and especially so that it was Jürgen Klopp that did it, the most humble, genuine, sympathetic coach and manager out there.

Every day I hate (English) football a little bit more, cos of the attitude and lack of understanding and knowledge of far too many people who have the loudest voices.
I don’t know whether my point came across as it should have done.  Your response made me think you thought I only like it when we win.  That couldn’t be further from the truth. ( Apologies if I’ve misread you). I’ve supported Liverpool since the early 60’s (2nd. division) so I’ve seen it all, the tough times, the really tough times, the good times and the really good times.  The bit of my post you highlighted is just where I am now.  Two glorious seasons and I liked how it felt, reminiscent of the times when we were winning everything, Shankly and Paisley-esque.  I’d forgotten how that felt and the last two seasons reminded me.  I liked it.  I’m not in it for the glory, I’m in it for Liverpool wherever that takes me/us.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2021, 10:52:30 pm by BJ »

Online Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #117 on: February 8, 2021, 10:36:42 pm »
Excellent post Koplass and all so true!

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #118 on: February 8, 2021, 10:50:44 pm »
I don’t know whether my point came across as it should have done.  I’ve supported Liverpool since the early 60’s (2nd. division) so I’ve seen it all, the tough times, the really tough times, the good times and the really good times.  The bit of my post you highlighted is just where I am now.  Two glorious seasons and I liked how it felt, reminiscent of the times when we were winning everything, Shankly and Paisley-esque.  I’d forgotten how that felt and the last two seasons reminded me.  I liked it.  I’m not in it for the glory, I’m in it for Liverpool wherever that takes me/us.

Oh I know you are not in it for the glory  :D I was just pointing out that the last couple years had the opposite effect on us!

IF this was happening without winning the league, then I’d feel different I am sure. But from the football side, that has basically changed everything.

To be honest, I just don’t watch the premier league much now (didn’t watch a single second of others games over the last week), I hate the league, and everything that goes with it - the god awful media, referees, fanbases, but I have always loved Liverpool of course, that didn’t change. For me I guess the last 2 years - it’s been mission accomplished. I know a lot of fans want sustained success, and yeah that’s great of course. But it isn’t so important to me now, and in this league as long as they allow scum to own clubs like Abu Dhabi and Chelsea, then it’s always going to be a lot tougher. I’m just happy that we got it done despite them. Much of that is down to Jürgen Klopp.

Offline BJ

• Anny Roader
« Reply #119 on: February 8, 2021, 11:00:42 pm »
Oh I know you are not in it for the glory  :D I was just pointing out that the last couple years had the opposite effect on us!

IF this was happening without winning the league, then I’d feel different I am sure. But from the football side, that has basically changed everything.

To be honest, I just don’t watch the premier league much now (didn’t watch a single second of others games over the last week), I hate the league, and everything that goes with it - the god awful media, referees, fanbases, but I have always loved Liverpool of course, that didn’t change. For me I guess the last 2 years - it’s been mission accomplished. I know a lot of fans want sustained success, and yeah that’s great of course. But it isn’t so important to me now, and in this league as long as they allow scum to own clubs like Abu Dhabi and Chelsea, then it’s always going to be a lot tougher. I’m just happy that we got it done despite them. Much of that is down to Jürgen Klopp.
I’m a bit confused (it’s my age, happens a lot)  because I agree with everything you’re saying yet you say the last couple of seasons has had a different effect on you.  When you explain how you feel, it’s how I feel as well.  Maybe I’m just not very good at expressing stuff in writing.   :o