Author Topic: The “I need a cuddle because we’ve been so shit recently” thread  (Read 642 times)

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Does anybody need a cuddle wuddle?

In here, imagine a heaven where Glen Medeiros is playing in the background and you’re getting endless cuddles from your fellow reds. 🥰 come on, gib cuddles

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/mUg5aEy-8CQ?si=PFCotyMpw_aC_eOD" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/mUg5aEy-8CQ?si=PFCotyMpw_aC_eOD</a>
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
:D this is exactly the thread I needed.

Don’t get many heart throb’s called Glenn these days do you? Absolute banger.

On a semi serious note. I’ve just had a proper melancholy feeling about football since that United league game. You want something so much, and then slowly realise it’s probably not going to happen. And I’m not angry with anyone, just find the whole situation of how we (as a club) look lost and confused really sad. Closest comparison I think is probably the aftermath of Kenny’s resignation but I was only a kid then and not really able to comprehend it all.

Sorry to get a bit heavy. I’ll shut up and patiently await my hug. Thanks Keith!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

On a semi serious note. I’ve just had a proper melancholy feeling about football since that United league game. You want something so much, and then slowly realise it’s probably not going to happen. And I’m not angry with anyone, just find the whole situation of how we (as a club) look lost and confused really sad. Closest comparison I think is probably the aftermath of Kenny’s resignation but I was only a kid then and not really able to comprehend it all.

Sorry to get a bit heavy. I’ll shut up and patiently await my hug. Thanks Keith!

Us Nicks have got to stick together.

This is how I feel.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

This is how I feel.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I gib u cuddle 🥰🥃
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

Totally identify with something like that.  :-\
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It would be lovely to not care about the football so much, wouldn't it? The times in my life where I've been the absolute happiest have just happened to coincide either with major trophies won or exciting challenges. I'm sure it's not coincidence. Last night was an exact sinking feeling I only remember a few other times- Palace 2014, the red Mancs winning late at Wigan in 2009 and the Kompany screamer in 2019. How many hours spent hoping and dreaming and then ..it's over. Klopp on his way out, looking absolutely spent. Yes, I need a hug.

Being optimistic, you never know what the future holds. Perhaps Klopps greatest achievement could go down as the legacy he leaves behind. A couple of players could probably use some fresh ideas.

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
I did feel just empty after Palace and Man Utd. But now that feeling like shit feeling is hitting me and it sucks big time.

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
Some cope for everyone

Champions League qualification was what should have been the main goal of the season, that is accomplished (in the preseason threads nobody was really thinking about the title)
Klopp announcement midway through season may not have helped
too many injuries, especially Jota....if you think about it was actually impressive we remained at the top so long during that stretch earlier in the year
good for Arne Slot to come off the back of a disappointing finish rather than on a league win

good enough copium?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I give hugs...

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Some cope for everyone

Champions League qualification was what should have been the main goal of the season, that is accomplished (in the preseason threads nobody was really thinking about the title)
Exactly what I’ve been saying for months. This has been a successful season.

I can’t believe it took people until last night to realise we never had a chance of winning the league. Anyone who knows football would have seen that we aren’t good enough. Just as we aren’t good enough to, brace yourself, win a bloody quadruple!

We’re good enough to achieve our original goal, now we need to make sure of that in the last few games.

Offline Nick Hope

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander

This is how I feel.
Threesome?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

I know what you mean. A few games ago it felt like it was happening, even after the draw against Mab Utd where our performance was actually really good despite the result, it wasn't that bad. The last month everything has slipped away, made worse with Klopp leaving (which is rubbish in and of itself), and next season being a huge unknown. It'd be more palatable if we knew he was staying as this season has been a vast improvement from last and the hope would be to continue that.

I know come the summer things I'll look forward to the new season with excitement but everything's a bit of a downer at the moment :(
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline KC7

• Boys Pen
Exactly what I’ve been saying for months. This has been a successful season.

I can’t believe it took people until last night to realise we never had a chance of winning the league. Anyone who knows football would have seen that we aren’t good enough. Just as we aren’t good enough to, brace yourself, win a bloody quadruple!

We’re good enough to achieve our original goal, now we need to make sure of that in the last few games.

Third place (likely) and a Cup, it has been a success given where we were this time last year.

And looking ahead, Arne Slot (if it us to be him) looks a good fit; just listening to his interviews he appears to have the right personality for us.