Author Topic: The FA Cup  (Read 324130 times)

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
The FA Cup
« on: January 14, 2022, 01:42:56 pm »
Can't see a thread for FA Cup homes so here we are

Cardiff has been picked for 12:00 on Sunday 6th... on ITV

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The FA Cup
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 02:12:52 pm »
Lots of (justifiable) outrage from Cardiff fans online yesterday, as the first trains from Cardiff (via Crewe) gets them into Lime Street at 12:11

Many of our fans are affected as well, as that is also the first train from Euston.  (West Coast Mainline through trains are diverted, and there are buses between Rugby and Stafford.)

I have argued for a long time that, in the interests of the environment, no event involving more than 2,000 people should be licensed to go ahead unless there is a transport plan filed with the local authorities demonstrating how attendees can make us of public transport to get to/from the event.

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 02:19:14 pm »
I have argued for a long time that, in the interests of the environment, no event involving more than 2,000 people should be licensed to go ahead unless there is a transport plan filed with the local authorities demonstrating how attendees can make us of public transport to get to/from the event.

I agree completely. I remember the Cup Semi-Final against Everton back in 2012 that was a midday kick off. Absolute nightmare for people to get to. Then the final against Chelsea which was the first one moved to a 5.30 slot meaning no trains were running back to Liverpool after the match if it went to extra-time/penalties. The fans have long been disregarded by the TV companies and the FA. Would love to see some change to this.
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 02:44:51 pm »

What’s even stranger is that there is no 2pm kickoff that day.

The FA must have a side deal with Travelodge as people will now have to stay over.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 03:00:09 pm »
Pricing structure for Cardiff, and ACS payment dates.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-v-cardiff-city-fa-cup-ticket-details

Prices

Adults: £23 - £33
Over 65s: £17 - £25
Young adults: £11.50 - £16.50
Juniors: £5
Local general sale: £9

Price notes

These prices are set in line with our cup pricing commitment for a Championship club opponent.

The adult prices for this specific fixture against Cardiff City are set at the same price as a corresponding FA Cup fixture in the 2016-17 season against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Auto Cup Scheme

Season ticket holders and Members enrolled into the Auto Cup Scheme MUST NOT purchase a ticket for this fixture.

Payments will take place from Friday January 14 and will end on Tuesday January 18.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 05:21:44 pm »
The kick off time has been heavily influenced by the police. So arguments over convenience take a back seat unfortunately.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 05:27:35 pm »
Naive maybe but didn't expect this to be on TV to be honest. Weird how they didn't bother with Palace v Hartlepool, for example

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 10:08:42 am »
The kick off time has been heavily influenced by the police. So arguments over convenience take a back seat unfortunately.

Why though?
YNWA.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 10:33:20 am »
Why though?

Cardiffs reputation... this will be the highest category possible policing wise.  They are not looking forward to it at all.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2022, 12:42:26 pm »
Cardiffs reputation... this will be the highest category possible policing wise.  They are not looking forward to it at all.
Ev at home on the Saturday too

Offline "Stuart"

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2022, 09:03:18 am »
What do we think the chances are of getting a ticket with Shrewsbury. Hoping it's pretty good as took my 4 year old and he loved it so hoping we get a nice little cup run. Guess it's all those in upper anny and a few more corporate ones that are short for this one

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2022, 09:11:45 am »
What do we think the chances are of getting a ticket with Shrewsbury. Hoping it's pretty good as took my 4 year old and he loved it so hoping we get a nice little cup run. Guess it's all those in upper anny and a few more corporate ones that are short for this one
you'll be fine if you're on the ball first sale

Offline Kls89

• Main Stander
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 09:44:05 pm »

There’s a provisional sale listed for all season ticket holders and members, which usually means the club don’t think it will sell out with just Shrewsbury. Should have a fairly decent chance I think

Online Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2022, 12:27:48 pm »
Hi Cant seem too see this anywhere who retains the credit if you transfer a FA Cup home ticket to another member

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2022, 12:37:45 pm »
Hi Cant seem too see this anywhere who retains the credit if you transfer a FA Cup home ticket to another member

The purchaser
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline KaiNo7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2022, 06:48:14 am »
How long before sale does the “queue” start?

Offline "Stuart"

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2022, 08:17:30 am »
got 3 queue positions of 3216, 7462 & 11306 surprised there's so many

Offline Kls89

• Main Stander
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2022, 08:20:04 am »

I’ve got 2, 5000 and 16000. Hoping half of these are multiple devices

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2022, 08:20:47 am »

If people have the same number of devices as you open (probably will) there’ll only be less than 4,000 people in the queue

I’d defo have it where you log into your account and then there’s a link to access the queue. One device only

Offline "Stuart"

• Kopite
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2022, 08:36:19 am »

Sorted for me and the lad in about 15 minutes, managed to get near the front of U9 again same seats as Shrewsbury which were decent

Offline Kls89

• Main Stander
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2022, 08:36:53 am »
If people have the same number of devices as you open (probably will) there’ll only be less than 4,000 people in the queue

I’d defo have it where you log into your account and then there’s a link to access the queue. One device only

This would also remove the people who are probably queuing without a Shrewsbury credit too

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2022, 08:41:33 am »

For those of us without Shrewsbury it would be good to know what’s left once the queue has emptied out. If the EFL cup is any guide I’m hoping there will be decent availability.

I’m also hoping Cardiff return some tickets given the early kick off and lack of trains.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2022, 08:46:59 am »
For those of us without Shrewsbury it would be good to know what’s left once the queue has emptied out. If the EFL cup is any guide I’m hoping there will be decent availability.

I’m also hoping Cardiff return some tickets given the early kick off and lack of trains.

A handful in the Upper Kenny and a couple of thousand in the Upper Main at 0845.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2022, 08:50:09 am »
A handful in the Upper Kenny and a couple of thousand in the Upper Main at 0845.

Thanks mate, sounds promising for those of us who aren’t fussy

Offline Lfc1105

• Main Stander
  • This Is Anfield
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2022, 09:17:35 am »
Not to alarm those without Shrewsbury but currently showing sold out now odd blocks flashing up with one ticket in on a refresh. I imagine will be some returns tho from Cardiff.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2022, 09:35:10 am »
This would also remove the people who are probably queuing without a Shrewsbury credit too

Yeah very true. A small but good step the club have made is to only make the ticket sales visible for those who are eligible once you’re on the ticket page. That has saved a lot of frustration of people basketing tickets when they’re not eligible to buy

Offline Vauxy head red

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2022, 09:43:05 am »
Went life and death there and had to settle for 3 singles after a 14000 over an hour queue position and forgetting my password. I’ve never known anything like that for such an early round against someone like Cardiff. Not even when it was 45000.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2022, 09:53:03 am »
Surprised they didn't go 1 game from 2020 season and then Shrewsbury like they did for the champions league sale this year.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2022, 10:27:26 am »

Do we think the issue is that it’s a no brainer for anyone with Shrewsbury to buy this and pass on knowing they’ll still get the credit in the event we proceed to the later rounds. The ability to distribute to non-members makes this even more likely.

Offline KaiNo7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2022, 11:52:06 am »
If city keep winning and we are comfortably in top 3, cups could look even more attractive come March another factor?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2022, 12:24:23 pm »
Do we think the issue is that it’s a no brainer for anyone with Shrewsbury to buy this and pass on knowing they’ll still get the credit in the event we proceed to the later rounds. The ability to distribute to non-members makes this even more likely.

Yeah defo. People buying for others is inevitable because of this. As long as it’s a one off season I don’t care as the credits don’t count for next season anyway

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2022, 03:01:54 pm »
Had three together against Shrewsbury and completely forgot about Cardiff sale this morning. Better hope there's unsold hospitality because they'll bring a full allocation.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2022, 06:45:01 pm »

They’ve changed Monday’s Cardiff sale for members so it’s still only for those with Shrewsbury. Don’t understand why, they’ve had all week.

“Due to previous qualifying fans not having the opportunity to purchase a ticket, IF additional seats are released for sale, they will remain available to Season Ticket holders and Members who recorded Shrewsbury Town.

Please keep checking here for further sale updates..”

Online stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2022, 08:15:34 pm »
They’ve changed Monday’s Cardiff sale for members so it’s still only for those with Shrewsbury. Don’t understand why, they’ve had all week.

“Due to previous qualifying fans not having the opportunity to purchase a ticket, IF additional seats are released for sale, they will remain available to Season Ticket holders and Members who recorded Shrewsbury Town.

Please keep checking here for further sale updates..”

Theres been none available! Missed the sale so been looking every hour and none have appeared, it’s only right if there’s any available on Monday that those with Shrewsbury get them first.

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2022, 07:59:04 pm »
Theres been none available! Missed the sale so been looking every hour and none have appeared, it’s only right if there’s any available on Monday that those with Shrewsbury get them first.

So are we expecting a sale on Monday?

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2022, 07:32:44 am »
Are they waiting to see if Cardiff return any before announcing further sale dates ? Can't believe it's sold out already ?

Online stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2022, 12:54:23 pm »
So are we expecting a sale on Monday?

I’ve no idea, it doesn’t really say, just hoping some appear!

Online cookie78

• Kemlynite
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2022, 02:38:37 pm »
How do you upgrade a child ticket if they can no longer go to an adult ticket to distribute so an adult can go?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2022, 02:43:57 pm »
How do you upgrade a child ticket if they can no longer go to an adult ticket to distribute so an adult can go?
you don't the club don't mind however

Online cookie78

• Kemlynite
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2022, 04:59:03 pm »
you don't the club don't mind however

Serious so just send the child ticket to an adult and all is good?