Author Topic: General Election December 12th  (Read 147025 times)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Election December 12th
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2019, 12:39:30 pm »
https://twitter.com/shellyasquith/status/1189593477887250434?s=21

So, so thick

She's one of the worst people I've had the misfortune to work with. Absolutely thick as pigshit.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2019, 12:57:26 pm »
She's one of the worst people I've had the misfortune to work with. Absolutely thick as pigshit.

I believe she's the partner of Burgon...
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2019, 12:57:37 pm »
shes dating burgon isn’t she?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2019, 01:01:00 pm »
I believe she's the partner of Burgon...
This labour leadership is very incestual. Kids employed, ex lovers, current lovers ...

It’s quite something.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2019, 01:02:23 pm »
This labour leadership is very incestual. Kids employed, ex lovers, current lovers ...

It’s quite something.
almost as if they’re just as full as shit as the tories!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2019, 01:21:35 pm »
So the most probable course of events is that Johnson continues as PM with an increased majority, pulls the trigger on brexit, and agrees a trade deal with the US to make up the economic vacuum left in which the NHS is up for grabs. Horrific, just horrific.

It's pretty much this or all the business leave for the likes of Dublin. Labour policies really are good but impossible to implement because they rely on the elite to suddenly decide to pay billions more in tax. Spoiler, they won't they'll find ways out of it as they always do, close one loophole another one opens, close them all they'll relocate.

We have extremes either side and whoever gets in out of Corbyn and Boris we're doomed in my opinion. Far right or far left policies are too radical to implement instantly and both will cause chaos. I'm left centre and there's absolutely no one to vote for. I was lib dem but they are coming out as useless party too.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2019, 01:26:37 pm »
Here’s the problem

Terrible @IpsosMORI leader satisfaction ratings for Corbyn as the election campaign begins.  Net figures
Johnson +2,
Swinson -12,
Corbyn -60.

How could a party ever hope to win with this dragging them down?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2019, 01:28:51 pm »
If we were part of the EU, we'd at least be part of a large group with some heft to it in demanding that the American tech giants pay their fair share of tax. Corbyn talks about equality but the EU is trying to look at some of the inequalities inherent in the global system already, so why leave?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2019, 01:43:39 pm »
If we were part of the EU, we'd at least be part of a large group with some heft to it in demanding that the American tech giants pay their fair share of tax. Corbyn talks about equality but the EU is trying to look at some of the inequalities inherent in the global system already, so why leave?

Because we're mental.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2019, 02:01:39 pm »
Here’s the problem

How could a party ever hope to win with this dragging them down?

Even among Labour supporters, more are dissatisfied (49%) than satisfied (46%)

Also
In contrast, just 11% think Corbyn has done a good job handling Brexit with 79% saying he has done a bad job. Just 37% of Labour voters think Corbyn has done a good job compared with 52% that say he has done a bad job.

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/conservatives-strengthen-position-latest-ipsos-mori-political-monitor

These sections also stand out to me

The public is divided on the merits of Johnson’s Brexit deal. 38% think it would be a good thing if the UK withdrew on these terms, 44% say it would be a bad thing, 4% say neither and 13% don’t know. However, these scores are much better than Theresa May achieved for her deal in December 2018, where 25% thought withdrawing on those terms would be a good thing and 62% said bad thing.

Overall 51% of British adults say that they know ‘a great deal’ or ‘a fair amount’ about Johnson’s deal compared with 49% that say they know ‘not very much’ or ‘nothing at all’.

That last stat is appalling, particularly when you consider if the Letwin amendment had failed, we might well have been leaving with that deal today.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 02:13:20 pm by ShakaHislop »

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2019, 02:11:13 pm »
Johnson spending so much time in hospitals makes me cringe. He doesn't give a shit about the NHS, his 60 new hospitals idea has been shown up to be nonsense, and hospitals are full of professions that the tories have been fucking over for years.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2019, 02:12:59 pm »
The other big problem for labour is the polling.

You gov was most accurate in its polling but mis represented where the undecideds would go to.  Currently? They have the tories 14% ahead.

It’s bad, it’s really bad...
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2019, 02:13:17 pm »
Johnson spending so much time in hospitals makes me cringe. He doesn't give a shit about the NHS, his 60 new hospitals idea has been shown up to be nonsense, and hospitals are full of professions that the tories have been fucking over for years.
Yep. It fucking stinks.
W

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2019, 02:21:41 pm »
because he wants to own utilities on the cheap, that’s why he’s a leaver

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2019, 02:24:26 pm »

What makes it worse is the facebook crowd will buy it and vote for him. I hear it all the time at work and stuff how Boris has saved the country and he will get Brexit done and it's not his fault we had to postpone again as his hands are tied etc etc.

I just don't have the energy to argue it anymore. These fuckers really have duped the majority of the UK.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2019, 02:33:08 pm »
Q to JC: You defied critics in 2017, but you have lowest personal polling of any oppo leader since ‘77. How do you get people out there to feel about you the way they do in this room. If u don’t win, will u stand aside?
JC: ‘It’s not about me, it’s not a presidential campaign’

https://twitter.com/BethRigby/status/1189876126480584704

:butt

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2019, 05:38:53 pm »
Farrage has Trump on his LBC show.  He’s giving Corbyn a kicking.

Great news fir Corbyn this
W

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2019, 05:59:51 pm »
Farrage has Trump on his LBC show.  He’s giving Corbyn a kicking.

Great news fir Corbyn this

Sooner the fuckers are both in jail the better.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2019, 06:15:09 pm »
Electoral gold for labour

63 % of UK voters regard Trump as "a poor or terrible President". 13 % see him as good or great. He will be in London 10 days before election for the Nato summit to endorse Johnson again.  This is one Trump visit for which Labour may roll out the red carpet.
W

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2019, 06:27:46 pm »
Electoral gold for labour

Or it could backfire on Labour if Corbyn is perceived to be incapable of being diplomatic towards other elected world leaders that he is not like-minded with.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 06:37:19 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2019, 06:29:48 pm »
Watched Politics Live on BBC2 earlier today with all the early election scarmage.
Corbyn going on about polluters, landlords, tax dodgers is going to not resonate with their core vote.

4 day week - No, Say flexible working.
Employees handed stake in firm - No, Have a policy of %age of workers on the board.

I agree with nationalising railways, cant have 2 trains pulling up at same stop, same time, competing for customers like buses.
Why can't water companies be subject to same competitiveness as Elec & Gas. Their charge increases are criminal.
If the water supply can't be competitive - nationalise it.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2019, 06:30:49 pm »
Given we're going to be reliant on the tiny-handed moron for a trade deal, I'd reckon people will want their PM to get on with him, regardless of any personal antipathy they may feel.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2019, 06:48:22 pm »
Or it could backfire on Labour if Corbyn is perceived to be incapable of being diplomatic towards other elected world leaders that he is not like-minded with.
Anyone who perceives Trump to be a world leader that others can be 'diplomatic' towards are not swing voters. You're stretching with this one, Shaka.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2019, 07:28:52 pm »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2019, 08:14:42 pm »
Given we're going to be reliant on the tiny-handed moron for a trade deal, I'd reckon people will want their PM to get on with him, regardless of any personal antipathy they may feel.

By the time we’re in a position to negotiate a trade deal with America he’ll either be in jail, out of office or dead.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2019, 09:35:23 pm »
Hmm

If only I could find some common themes in this data..

W

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2019, 09:49:17 pm »
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson trusted more on the NHS, if ever there was a sackable offence for corbyn

0 for intelligence tho :lmao

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2019, 09:51:20 pm »
Half of labour voters will feel fear if Corbyn wins....

:lmao.

To come second to that objectionable piece of shit Johnson is up just......mind blowing...
W

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2019, 09:56:49 pm »
The only positive for Labour in a Tory majority would be the end of the Corbyn era.

They need a re-alignment back to the centre-left. I think there's the talent in the party if the membership/Unions allow.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2019, 09:57:17 pm »
The only positive for Labour in a Tory majority would be the end of the Corbyn era.

They need a re-alignment back to the centre-left. I think there's the talent in the party if the membership/Unions allow.
if corbyn goes its ‘oohhh Laura pidcock’

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2019, 09:59:25 pm »
Half of labour voters will feel fear if Corbyn wins....

:lmao.

To come second to that objectionable piece of shit Johnson is up just......mind blowing...

The 51% is for the public as a whole. The number in brackets (15) is for Labour voters.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2019, 10:00:56 pm »

Most of the PLP are cowardly shits, let's be honest. Yvette Cooper, to take one example, is adored by Labour moderates but she's been in hiding for most of the post-referendum period.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2019, 10:01:58 pm »
The 51% is for the public as a while. The number in brackets (15) is for Labour voters.
Well that makes more sense... the 15% was behind a crack in my screen...

Whether or not we think these figures are absurd, they are reality.  Labour will not win marginal seats because of him...

And the big issue? When he retires or dies in post, it’s essential that labour has a leader that people who are not died in the wool ‘only ever vote labour’ types might actually vote for.

W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2019, 10:19:16 pm »
Thoughts?

W

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2019, 10:30:20 pm »
Sobering reading for LibDems too, when Swinson finishes 3rd behind the pair of them, for 'Best Policy on...'.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2019, 10:31:28 pm »
Sobering reading for LibDems too, when Swinson finishes 3rd behind the pair of them, for 'Best Policy on...'.

And this is because no one knows who she is or what policies the Lib Dem’s have.

Does she have the chutzpah to turn that around?  I suspect not...
W

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2019, 10:40:26 pm »
Well that makes more sense... the 15% was behind a crack in my screen...

Whose?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2019, 10:42:03 pm »
Lets hope we see a bit more of this over the next few weeks.
https://twitter.com/ladyhaja/status/1189678319110938624
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2019, 10:42:24 pm »
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2019, 10:44:13 pm »
Lets hope we see a bit more of this over the next few weeks.
https://twitter.com/ladyhaja/status/1189678319110938624
Quite.

So you’re telling us that you’re going to partially reverse the cuts that you aknowledge have done so much harm to the health service and police force.

That everyone said would do so much harm at the time .

Big fucking wow.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 10:47:39 pm by Tepid T₂O »
W