Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12299322 times)

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #99160 on: March 6, 2019, 07:47:39 pm »
Half Time 2-0

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #99161 on: March 6, 2019, 07:49:12 pm »
Gwed, the young reds

Love the fact Bury have a player called Sam Allardyce.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99162 on: March 6, 2019, 07:56:40 pm »
Gwed, the young reds

Love the fact Bury have a player called Sam Allardyce.

Grandson

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99163 on: March 6, 2019, 08:15:19 pm »
3-0 Glatzel....Semi Final bound!

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99164 on: March 6, 2019, 08:22:15 pm »
I believe it's Watford in the SF, they beat Leicester 2-1 in ET.

The other QF'S were City 4-1 Bournemouth & WBA 4-3 Everton.

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99165 on: March 6, 2019, 08:23:15 pm »
Confirmed it's Watford.  Both SF are on 23 March.

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99166 on: March 6, 2019, 08:33:20 pm »
3-1

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99167 on: March 6, 2019, 08:35:13 pm »
4-1 Rhys Williams

Offline JP-65

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99168 on: March 6, 2019, 08:48:21 pm »
5-1 Duncan

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99169 on: March 6, 2019, 08:53:15 pm »
But isn’t it the case that when they’re on trial at that age group it’s because either because they’ve been told that that they’re either being released or that their game time in the first year of U18s is likely to be limited because of others ahead of them?  Or possibly because they want to move somewhere nearer to home.   The first possibility would be a little strange I think because Glatzeland Duncan will move up to U21s next season, leaving only Fidel and Bearne.  Presumably we’re not overloaded with great strikers in the current U16s or we might have heard a bit about them by now?

Incidentally, I think it is poor that the match is not on lfc tv or tvgo.
Yeah i assumed he was there as he had no future here but imagine the writer has some knowledge of the situation.

Great chance of getting to the final.with a home draw in the semi finals as well.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99170 on: March 6, 2019, 10:21:28 pm »
But isn’t it the case that when they’re on trial at that age group it’s because either because they’ve been told that that they’re either being released or that their game time in the first year of U18s is likely to be limited because of others ahead of them?  Or possibly because they want to move somewhere nearer to home.   The first possibility would be a little strange I think because Glatzeland Duncan will move up to U21s next season, leaving only Fidel and Bearne.  Presumably we’re not overloaded with great strikers in the current U16s or we might have heard a bit about them by now?

Incidentally, I think it is poor that the match is not on lfc tv or tvgo.

If you read Inglethorpe's interview that POP posted yesterday he suggests in that they are now of the opinion they want smaller groups to focus on the ones who may have enough to make it, this maybe part of that thinking.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #99171 on: March 6, 2019, 10:48:15 pm »
Well in Young Reds, great to see Bobby Duncan continuing his scoring spree.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99172 on: March 6, 2019, 11:18:02 pm »
If you read Inglethorpe's interview that POP posted yesterday he suggests in that they are now of the opinion they want smaller groups to focus on the ones who may have enough to make it, this maybe part of that thinking.

That cull is actually something that took place a few years back, I remember reading about it at the time.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99173 on: March 6, 2019, 11:50:01 pm »
That cull is actually something that took place a few years back, I remember reading about it at the time.

Yeah I know that's when he said it was implemented, I just mean now they are more 'ruthless' (for want of a better word) and will let players go earlier than we did before, for everyones benefit

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99174 on: March 7, 2019, 09:18:32 am »
The French defender we signed is now included in our youth squad list so guess that is confirmed https://www.uefa.com/uefayouthleague/season=2019/clubs/player=250128611/

Woodburn has also been added

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99175 on: March 8, 2019, 02:16:48 pm »
team vs derby below

U23 Team vs Derby U23 - Kelleher, Hoever, Phillips, Johnston, Juanma, Lewis, Camacho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Woodburn, Randall, Jones

highly rated fella oxlade starting. Heard good thing about him. ;D

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/42405/Derby_County_U23_vs_Liverpool_U23.html

stream for the game above for those who doesnt have lfc subscription

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #99176 on: March 8, 2019, 02:22:38 pm »
1.0 Jones

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99177 on: March 8, 2019, 02:23:08 pm »
Great individual pressing by Jones to force the error & get a goal.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99178 on: March 8, 2019, 02:27:59 pm »
team vs derby below

U23 Team vs Derby U23 - Kelleher, Hoever, Phillips, Johnston, Juanma, Lewis, Camacho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Woodburn, Randall, Jones

highly rated fella oxlade starting. Heard good thing about him. ;D

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/42405/Derby_County_U23_vs_Liverpool_U23.html

stream for the game above for those who doesnt have lfc subscription
Thanks for this, mate  :wave
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline cheshiremike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #99179 on: March 8, 2019, 02:47:03 pm »
Ox has been subbed off.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #99180 on: March 8, 2019, 02:51:43 pm »
Ox has been subbed off.

And before anyone wets the bed, there's no injury or anything!!  It was an agreed substitution after 40mins :)

Some nice touches by the Ox & great for him to start getting some minutes before his potential return to the 1st team squad (either this season or during the next pre-season)

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99181 on: March 8, 2019, 03:25:22 pm »
Shocker of a challenge on Hoever and ref gives a yellow. Inept refs at all levels, it seems. Plenty of shithouses at this level.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99182 on: March 8, 2019, 03:28:51 pm »
And before anyone wets the bed, there's no injury or anything!!  It was an agreed substitution after 40mins :)

Paul Joyce saying felt his hamstring on 41 so precaution. Equally nothing to flap about but where did you get the 40 min info from?

Offline cheshiremike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #99183 on: March 8, 2019, 03:29:36 pm »
thought Hoever had a bad first half.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99184 on: March 8, 2019, 03:40:48 pm »
Paul Joyce saying felt his hamstring on 41 so precaution. Equally nothing to flap about but where did you get the 40 min info from?

prob watching the game. saw him clutch his hamstring early in the game.

3-0 now. 2 from jones and 1 from camacho.

Hoever lucky not to suffer leg break. two footed scissors challenge. absolutely nothing clean about it and ref only gives a yellow. Absolutely inept shocker from the coward of a ref.

Offline cheshiremike

• Anny Roader
« Reply #99185 on: March 8, 2019, 03:42:58 pm »
Really like Jones. Think he will go on to do well

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #99186 on: March 8, 2019, 03:43:40 pm »

On the stream, it said 40mins when he was substituted, so it was actually 41mins.

3-0 to the Reds now, Camacho & 2nd goal from Jones, about 15mins left now.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99187 on: March 8, 2019, 03:52:15 pm »

He has a tightening of the hamstring. Which I think is probably only natural given it was his first game back for almost a year. He'll be aching all over tomorrow.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #99188 on: March 8, 2019, 03:58:42 pm »
Yard dogs on Monday and Yard dogs today. U-19 Team will be full of walking wounded for the Zagreb game next week.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #99189 on: March 8, 2019, 04:01:13 pm »
Adam Lewis impressive again - his vision, touch, pass selection and football intelligence are plain to see.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99190 on: March 8, 2019, 04:07:47 pm »
Adam Lewis impressive again - his vision, touch, pass selection and football intelligence are plain to see.

thought he is a left back but played well in defensive midfield today. Bit of a patched up midfield with him and Randall who usually plays right back. Juanma looks decent at left back and returning Nat Phillips commanding in the middle.  Love Randall aggresive style to counter a bit of the shithouse opposition players.

Front three of Jones, Camacho and Woodburn looks impressive.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #99191 on: March 8, 2019, 04:14:01 pm »
I only watched it to see Oxlaide-Chamberlain but I might start watching more of the youth team and u23 games as it was really interesting to watch. There looks like there are some good talents in the under 23s and I was especially impressed by Jones and Camacho who linked up well.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99192 on: March 8, 2019, 06:00:25 pm »
thought he is a left back but played well in defensive midfield today. Bit of a patched up midfield with him and Randall who usually plays right back. Juanma looks decent at left back and returning Nat Phillips commanding in the middle.  Love Randall aggresive style to counter a bit of the shithouse opposition players.

Front three of Jones, Camacho and Woodburn looks impressive.
Both started out as midfielders. Lewis only moved there to left back at u18 level and iirc Randall even got capped for England there.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99193 on: March 8, 2019, 06:17:18 pm »
He looked much better today than in the derby. Still a big step up to become Robbo's back up as has been talked up lately.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99194 on: March 8, 2019, 07:34:03 pm »
He looked much better today than in the derby. Still a big step up to become Robbo's back up as has been talked up lately.

Cannot see that happening next season. If Klopp was thinking of that then I think he'd have played him in the FA Cup and possibly had him on the bench once or twice to see if he sinks or swims. Would be a massive risk to think of him as second choice left back with no first team experience.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99195 on: March 8, 2019, 07:45:16 pm »
Cannot see that happening next season. If Klopp was thinking of that then I think he'd have played him in the FA Cup and possibly had him on the bench once or twice to see if he sinks or swims. Would be a massive risk to think of him as second choice left back with no first team experience.

Agreed. Personally, I haven't seen anything from him to think that he's anywhere near the required level. It's one thing to just be in the squad but to be an effective backup we need to not see a major drop in quality if we lose Robbo. He needs to continue his hard work and try to push for more chances. At 19, he's very young and still has 4-5 years before he's likely to be at his best. It's good that he can cover a few positions which will increase his chances of getting as much game time as possible. Despite the obvious potential, he's a major risk for a reasonably important position in our team (considering the full back area is a major creative outlet but also important defensively for us).

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #99196 on: March 8, 2019, 08:07:46 pm »
Agreed. Personally, I haven't seen anything from him to think that he's anywhere near the required level. It's one thing to just be in the squad but to be an effective backup we need to not see a major drop in quality if we lose Robbo. He needs to continue his hard work and try to push for more chances. At 19, he's very young and still has 4-5 years before he's likely to be at his best. It's good that he can cover a few positions which will increase his chances of getting as much game time as possible. Despite the obvious potential, he's a major risk for a reasonably important position in our team (considering the full back area is a major creative outlet but also important defensively for us).

I don’t disagree with any of that.

His ‘ceiling’ (No, I don’t like the term either) is lower than others because he lacks the physical gifts, and pace, of others. He’s not strong, he’s not quick. Tellingly, those qualities are at a premium in the Premiership.

But he IS a proper footballer, in the sense that he sees the game in a very mature way. He’s the sort of footballer that Spain have historically produced and nurtured.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99197 on: March 8, 2019, 08:57:26 pm »
I only watched it to see Oxlaide-Chamberlain but I might start watching more of the youth team and u23 games as it was really interesting to watch. There looks like there are some good talents in the under 23s and I was especially impressed by Jones and Camacho who linked up well.

Welcome to the thread and to the joy of watching our U23s and U18s!

I have to say, I can't recommend it enough. I really enjoy it because it's almost as fun to watch as the first team without any of the stress. I probably would say that I actually like watching the youth teams more, just because if they lose it's like "oh, well" rather than the angst of a first-team defeat.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99198 on: March 9, 2019, 11:20:00 am »
I think Lewis lacks the athleticism to play left back for us and if he was seen as a back up option next season you'd think they'd want him playing left back all the time for the u23s. Then again Camacho never plays there for the u23s but is seen as a right back for the first team so who knows.

u18s away to derby today, derby are 2nd, 3 points behind us with a game in hand.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99199 on: March 9, 2019, 12:50:50 pm »
Any updates, team news, scores from today's u18s game?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk