Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1399420 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #2520 on: January 12, 2019, 10:45:24 pm »
Not forgetting Spurs are away to the other top 4 teams. They won't be in the mix at the tail end. I wonder how much they'll miss Son? Their fixtures look favourable while he us away.

Don’t think they’ll win it but they can have a big say in who does if they take points off ya or City. Think we play Spurs before City do, is that right?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2521 on: January 12, 2019, 10:49:41 pm »
Yeah, they play one another in April I think.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2522 on: January 12, 2019, 10:50:50 pm »
Don’t think they’ll win it but they can have a big say in who does if they take points off ya or City. Think we play Spurs before City do, is that right?

yes, they play Arsenal and Chelsea at home by the the time we play Spurs [30/3] at Anfield

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2523 on: January 12, 2019, 10:59:44 pm »
An old friend could assist us greatly soon. C'mon Rafa! :scarf

Tue, Jan 29
Newcastle United
v
Manchester City

Sat, Feb 2
Tottenham Hotspur
v
Newcastle United

They'll get beaten comfortably in both of them.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #2524 on: January 12, 2019, 11:10:34 pm »
An old friend could assist us greatly soon. C'mon Rafa! :scarf

Tue, Jan 29
Newcastle United
v
Manchester City

Sat, Feb 2
Tottenham Hotspur
v
Newcastle United
And then later against us... We could win the league against Newcastle. I don't mind letting Rafa have a play with the trophy since he'll be there for it anyway.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2525 on: January 12, 2019, 11:16:48 pm »
A few weeks ago I was confident we had it in the bag and nothing's changed to make me think differently so I'm curious why so many of you still have doubts or worries.

As Jill said above, forget what city are doing, if we carry on as we've already done there's nothing they can do about it.

We've not played brilliantly (like last season) all season but we've not deserved to lose either, even the game we did. 

We've done exactly what we've needed to do to take the points, we've controlled every game, we're confident but not cocky, we're organised, we don't panic and we've rotated and covered absences without looking concerned.

I'm calm and relaxed about the rest of the season and have no doubts we'll be crowned Champions, for me it's more about when not if.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2526 on: January 12, 2019, 11:20:06 pm »
I think the only way we won’t win it is if City do something crazy like win all but one game from here.

I think we can get to 96 points from here. That’s 13 wins with 3 more defeats, or 12 wins, 3 draws and a defeat.

We have enough winnable looking games both home and away for that to look achievable. I doubt we’ll go the entire season beating everyone outside the top 5 but we can probably afford a couple of ‘disappointing’ draws as long as we only lose one more.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2527 on: January 12, 2019, 11:28:33 pm »
I reckon a lot of the rival fan fume (apart from winning a close game) was that loads probably thought that City loss broke us or something mad like that.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2528 on: January 12, 2019, 11:38:04 pm »
I think the only way we won’t win it is if City do something crazy like win all but one game from here.

I think we can get to 96 points from here. That’s 13 wins with 3 more defeats, or 12 wins, 3 draws and a defeat.

We have enough winnable looking games both home and away for that to look achievable. I doubt we’ll go the entire season beating everyone outside the top 5 but we can probably afford a couple of ‘disappointing’ draws as long as we only lose one more.

Largely agree with this, only point/caveat is the mental aspect that will properly kick in if we were to drop points first and then City close. All of a sudden those home bankers are a lot nervier if we're not winning early in the game. I'm a bit concerned about the crowds affect on the team if that sort of situation plays out. The team's attitude and performances have gone a long, long way to calming the nerves, so it's not as much of a concern as it has been for the last decade or so.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2529 on: January 12, 2019, 11:43:44 pm »
I reckon a lot of the rival fan fume (apart from winning a close game) was that loads probably thought that City loss broke us or something mad like that.
100%. People thought that loss broke us but in reality there is no shame in being beaten by City away, and City had to play their fucking socks off to beat us.

If we were played off the park I'd understand the consensus that the wheels were coming off but that game could have went either way. That said, I think we were all hoping for some sort of reaction today and perhaps there were some doubts after a couple of losses from certain sections of the fan base. Although the performance wasn't outstanding the result certainly was.

I don't think there will be much said about today's game, it will slip under the radar in a sense, but the eyes of the media were firmly focused on us today and waiting to pounce. Delighted with three points.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2530 on: January 12, 2019, 11:46:05 pm »
Largely agree with this, only point/caveat is the mental aspect that will properly kick in if we were to drop points first and then City close. All of a sudden those home bankers are a lot nervier if we're not winning early in the game. I'm a bit concerned about the crowds affect on the team if that sort of situation plays out. The team's attitude and performances have gone a long, long way to calming the nerves, so it's not as much of a concern as it has been for the last decade or so.

True. I lurch between wild optimism and rampant pessimism from minute to minute. Fair point I think that the players will handle it better than us!

When I look at the fixtures and do the sums it looks really good. But then I say it’s ‘only’ 4 points (7 at the moment I know). And if that comes down it feels like we’re neck and neck again.

Wish I could fast forward to May!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2531 on: January 12, 2019, 11:51:57 pm »
We've only dropped 9 points in the first 22 games and 5 of those were the games against Man City.  Obviously we won't play them again this season so we've dropped 4 points from 20 games against the rest!

Man City could win their remaining 17 games but it would be unprecedented.  Unlike last season you'd expect them to go a long way in the Champions League and we know from experience how brutal that can be.  Sooner or later they'll stop getting gimme cup draws.

The next two games are big for us as the wins at Palace and Leicester were two of our toughest (and both beat Man City).  Their style of play and personnel are better suited to being the underdogs and grabbing something on the counter.  If we can take maximum points there then it's going to look very good irrespective of Man City's results.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 11:54:08 pm by thaddeus »

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2532 on: January 12, 2019, 11:53:23 pm »
Just need to hold them off for 16 more games

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2533 on: January 12, 2019, 11:56:06 pm »
True. I lurch between wild optimism and rampant pessimism from minute to minute. Fair point I think that the players will handle it better than us!

When I look at the fixtures and do the sums it looks really good. But then I say it’s ‘only’ 4 points (7 at the moment I know). And if that comes down it feels like we’re neck and neck again.

Wish I could fast forward to May!

Saturday 2nd of March is when we will know in my opinion. We play Everton on that day but play Watford at home the midweek before and the week before, Man Utd.

Offline binge

• Kopite
« Reply #2534 on: January 12, 2019, 11:59:56 pm »
they’re right to think that though to be honest, a bad run starts with a defeat, but the defeat came against city and the result could’ve went our way with some luck. Throw in the defeat on Monday, even though that was a rag tag side, then you’ve got the perfect storm away against Brighton to be honest.

The players see, hear, read these headlines don’t give a shit what anyone says and it can creep in to their mindset. Stand up Jürgen fucking Klopp

Good result, job done the way potential champions would do

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2535 on: January 13, 2019, 12:00:56 am »
Saturday 2nd of March is when we will know in my opinion. We play Everton on that day but play Watford at home the midweek before and the week before, Man Utd.

I think 30th March is when we will know where we stand. Thats when we play Spurs. After that, its Chelsea at home and teams who will likely be in the bottom half of the table

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2536 on: January 13, 2019, 12:03:19 am »
Just need to hold them off for 16 more games

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #2537 on: January 13, 2019, 12:07:56 am »
I think that the games within the top 6 will be super critical. Both us and City have sort of figured it against the rest (hopefully City slip up again like they did in December but they would have learnt from it).
At the end of the day, its fine margins like goal posts in the City game.
For instance, ManU are sort of resurgent again atleast to the extent that they are not a bankable 3 points for us/City. So how they perform in the respective fixtures.
Any key player injuries/timing in the top six - Hazard for example, he is such a critical piece for chelsea (who has a habit of showing up against us). So theoretically situations where he is available against us and not City or vice versa could be a huge difference.
Now that Arsenal is out of the way for us, hopefully they can get their act together and not just roll over against the rest.

In this context, 4 points is actually pretty valuable, more so than regular seasons (assuming both us/City follow our current season trajectory). I think 2/3 wins in the remainder of our top six games and we are definitely getting this.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2538 on: January 13, 2019, 12:21:07 am »
15 more wins to go.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #2539 on: January 13, 2019, 03:18:46 am »
True. I lurch between wild optimism and rampant pessimism from minute to minute.

Join the club Nick!

I'm currently in a dizzying state of rampant optimism until City play Monday. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #2540 on: January 13, 2019, 06:02:54 am »
I am a lot calmer this time around than I was in 13-14, partly because we didn't have much room for error 5 years ago and a single defeat handed the initiative to City in the title race. The sheer nature of our play: free-flowing, exuberant, intense to the point of being disorientating, without much regard for a defensive foundation kept everyone on the verge of panic if the front 4 weren't performing. That forward line is amongst the best in the club's history, while that defence was one of the most inept. Nonetheless, I don't think I have ever had as much joy watching a Liverpool team as that side, which is why I will never get over that season.

This time around, our play is much less volatile as we can grind out the ugly 1-nil wins and also score 3 or 4 goals if necessary. The defeat to City was gut-wrenching but by no means season-defining. I still believe that Liverpool are well-placed to win this from here. Which wasn't really the case at any moment in 13-14 as the margins were too thin. Touch wood, there are no injuries and we should see this through.   
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2541 on: January 13, 2019, 06:32:53 am »
Spurs’ next 5 they have 4 at home but then they are not in the race.

Actually they are homeless at the moment.. at least until March... oh wait..  ;D
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2542 on: January 13, 2019, 06:34:41 am »
I am a lot calmer this time around than I was in 13-14, partly because we didn't have much room for error 5 years ago and a single defeat handed the initiative to City in the title race. The sheer nature of our play: free-flowing, exuberant, intense to the point of being disorientating, without much regard for a defensive foundation kept everyone on the verge of panic if the front 4 weren't performing. That forward line is amongst the best in the club's history, while that defence was one of the most inept. Nonetheless, I don't think I have ever had as much joy watching a Liverpool team as that side, which is why I will never get over that season.

This time around, our play is much less volatile as we can grind out the ugly 1-nil wins and also score 3 or 4 goals if necessary. The defeat to City was gut-wrenching but by no means season-defining. I still believe that Liverpool are well-placed to win this from here. Which wasn't really the case at any moment in 13-14 as the margins were too thin. Touch wood, there are no injuries and we should see this through.   

Although you're correct about the volatility, we've only got one more 1-0 win at this point in the season than we did in 13/14 ;D

Better looking than Samie.

Offline 88_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2543 on: January 13, 2019, 06:40:11 am »
Although you're correct about the volatility, we've only got one more 1-0 win at this point in the season than we did in 13/14 ;D

But didn't we start that crazy season with 3 consecutive 1-0 wins in hugely disjointed performances  before going on a bit of a blip.. and then the goals suddenly started to flow and leak in equal measure..  ;D
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2544 on: January 13, 2019, 06:46:04 am »
But didn't we start that crazy season with 3 consecutive 1-0 wins in hugely disjointed performances  before going on a bit of a blip.. and then the goals suddenly started to flow and leak in equal measure..  ;D

Not sure about "disjointed", just typically "open" for a Rodgers team ;D

Not sure about the blip either - drew and lost in the next two games, then went on a run again. The blip came at Christmas with the two losses to City and Arsenal, then after that we didn't lose again until Chelsea.

It was a great season ;D

This one is better though.

Offline 88_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2545 on: January 13, 2019, 06:54:36 am »
Not sure about "disjointed", just typically "open" for a Rodgers team ;D

Not sure about the blip either - drew and lost in the next two games, then went on a run again. The blip came at Christmas with the two losses to City and Arsenal, then after that we didn't lose again until Chelsea.

It was a great season ;D

This one is better though.

Amazing season that mate.. it's funny how we played Arsenal and City during the festive period that year as well..
Difference this year is we have been able to absorb the city loss, while twatting Arsenal.. And oh the defense.. only 10 conceded..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #2546 on: January 13, 2019, 07:08:43 am »
Simply no way City win all games or anything close to it.

Title race or not they'll throw everything they have at CL meaning they'll rest some of their best players before big CL fixtures and we saw how they fare when their squad depth gets really tested.

We're not gonna win all games either which is why it's important that we we probably won't need to in order to win the league.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2547 on: January 13, 2019, 07:15:05 am »
A few weeks ago I was confident we had it in the bag and nothing's changed to make me think differently so I'm curious why so many of you still have doubts or worries.

As Jill said above, forget what city are doing, if we carry on as we've already done there's nothing they can do about it.

We've not played brilliantly (like last season) all season but we've not deserved to lose either, even the game we did. 

We've done exactly what we've needed to do to take the points, we've controlled every game, we're confident but not cocky, we're organised, we don't panic and we've rotated and covered absences without looking concerned.

I'm calm and relaxed about the rest of the season and have no doubts we'll be crowned Champions, for me it's more about when not if.

We are up against City, that's why there has to be a degree of doubt. Each round of games could see big swings.

If Wolves beat or draw with City on Monday then our chance of winning the league goes up massively. If City beat Wolves (more than likely) then their next two games are gimmes and they would be one point behind before we go into our game with Leicester.

We are playing really well and if we don't slip up it's ours. But all it needs is one or two shit decisions and City are back in it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2548 on: January 13, 2019, 07:20:37 am »
Massive gritty win yesterday. Brought me back to the first time we played Brighton at home this season and won with a similar scoreline. Feels like a "reset" button was pressed with the City loss. Now we'll just copy the results and performances from the 1st half of the season. That should win us the league, I think. ;D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2549 on: January 13, 2019, 07:28:28 am »
Amazing season that mate.. it's funny how we played Arsenal and City during the festive period that year as well..
Difference this year is we have been able to absorb the city loss, while twatting Arsenal.. And oh the defense.. only 10 conceded..

Since the Premier League started, the best defence has only won the league 11 times (42%), while the best attack was won it 15 times (62%).

But the best attack AND defence at the same time has only won the Premier League 6 times (23%).

So if we do it, I think we'll be doing it the hard way (Best defence, or both best defence and best attack).

Which would be just like Liverpool ;D

Offline 88_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2550 on: January 13, 2019, 07:31:06 am »
Simply no way City win all games or anything close to it.

Title race or not they'll throw everything they have at CL meaning they'll rest some of their best players before big CL fixtures
and we saw how they fare when their squad depth gets really tested.

We're not gonna win all games either which is why it's important that we we probably won't need to in order to win the league.

But this could so easily be true for us as well mate..

If we beat Bayern in the round of 16, then we are just 5 matches away from winning it for a 6th time..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2551 on: January 13, 2019, 07:34:34 am »

If we beat Bayern in the round of 16, then we are just 5 matches away from winning it for a 6th time..

We won’t be resting anyone ahead of CL games unless we end up blowing the title and are realistically out of the running. I honestly don’t even think Klopp would do that if we amassed some ridiculous lead, there’s just too much at stake.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #2552 on: January 13, 2019, 07:38:24 am »

True, however City won the league last year and Pep can afford to focus a bit more on CL this season. It'd be same with us next season if we win the league this year.

We need to get this monkey off of our backs that's been holding us back for 30 years and then in the future we can spread ourselves thin all we want looking to win everything at once as the pressure will be significantly less intensive. Personally I think subconsciously we'll prioritize the league from now on.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2553 on: January 13, 2019, 07:41:56 am »

If Wolves beat or draw with City on Monday then our chance of winning the league goes up massively. If City beat Wolves (more than likely) then their next two games are gimmes and they would be one point behind before we go into our game with Leicester.

Surely the Christmas period proves there’s no such thing as a gimme? Admittedly when I saw City’s xmas fixtures I thought we’d have to win all our matches just to maintain the 1 point gap, but that’s not how it went.

I’m not suggesting I expect either Huddersfield or Newcastle to do anything (especially not Huddersfield) but I wouldn’t totally discount the chance of it happening. If we keep winning they’ll keep dropping points here and there, I honestly don’t look at any of their fixtures and think ‘gimmie’
The same is obviously true for us although I’d argue Palace and Leicester at home is probably as vaourable a fixture as Huddersfield and Newcastle away.

My prediction is if we win our next 4 games we’ll be further ahead than 4 points having played the same number of games. City will eventually get fucked off with it, it wouldn’t surprise me if yesterday’s result had that effect, after all the effort that was exerted on the 3rd, we then get knocked out of the FA Cup, they’d have been hoping for a capitulation which doesn’t appear to be forthcoming.

Offline 88_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2554 on: January 13, 2019, 07:43:54 am »
True, however City won the league last year and Pep can afford to focus a bit more on CL this season. It'd be same with us next season if we win the league this year.

We need to get this monkey off of our backs that's been holding us back for 30 years and then in the future we can spread ourselves thin all we want looking to win everything at once as the pressure will be significantly less intensive. Personally I think subconsciously we'll prioritize the league from now on.

This applies to the fans.. lazy pundits.. ex reds.. But surely not the players (Ok maybe TAA to a certain extent) but beyond that the rest of the squad is probably focused on winning one of the big 2 if not both..

I'm not saying we will rest players ahead of Champions League matches, but I'm 100% sure we will give both a right go.. just like City will..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2555 on: January 13, 2019, 08:37:11 am »
We are up against City, that's why there has to be a degree of doubt. Each round of games could see big swings.

We are playing really well and if we don't slip up it's ours. But all it needs is one or two shit decisions and City are back in it.
I get the big swings scenarios, I just don't feel we'll have those blips.  We look far too determined, focused and solid.

Sure it's not been a rollercoaster watch like 2013/14, it's been a professional, hard nosed one and I think that's why other fans somehow don't think we deserve it or aren't the best team.

Offline 88_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2556 on: January 13, 2019, 09:23:49 am »
I get the big swings scenarios, I just don't feel we'll have those blips.  We look far too determined, focused and solid.

Sure it's not been a rollercoaster watch like 2013/14, it's been a professional, hard nosed one and I think that's why other fans somehow don't think we deserve it or aren't the best team.

Let them and the media feel like that.. It will only help us if the pressure is on City..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #2557 on: January 13, 2019, 09:28:59 am »
Imagine the quite realistic scenario that on May 4th when we play Newcastle we need a point to win the title and they need a point to stay up!

There would be still one game to go obviously, but fuck me how would both teams approach such a game!

Haha imagine the fume if it was the dullest, boring 0-0 in football history, be great to see Cardiff go down as the outcome of such a result!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 09:43:41 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline 4EverRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #2558 on: January 13, 2019, 09:46:31 am »

I like you’re thinking ....9 home games left , 7 away games ....win all 9 home games and 4 away and that’s 96 points.....city would have to win 16/17 games then to win it....that’s a tough ask even for city.

Mind you winning 13/16 won’t be a walk in the park either 😫

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2559 on: January 13, 2019, 09:58:31 am »
I think 30th March is when we will know where we stand. Thats when we play Spurs. After that, its Chelsea at home and teams who will likely be in the bottom half of the table

For me the Utd and Everton away games are the crucial ones. They are our toughest challenges left in terms of the importance our rivals place on that.

By 30th March, Spurs will be massively out of it so may not take that as seriously, hence why I would have liked their game with City a bit earlier that 20th April.