Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1400046 times)

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #5800 on: February 15, 2019, 03:02:29 pm »
You forget Lukaku, who is not as bad as people make out. He is still a bully who can own many central defenders around the league on his day.

You're right, he's worse.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5801 on: February 15, 2019, 03:02:55 pm »
You forget Lukaku, who is not as bad as people make out. He is still a bully who can own many central defenders around the league on his day.

Not forgetting him at all, but I don't think he is as crucial to making their counters work as Lingard, Rashford and Martial are.
And counters are their biggest threat. So it's definitely not bad news for us this. We'll still have to be extremely cool and precise, we'll still have to be very sharp to beat De Gea and we'll still have to go through loud and wild opening half hour - but it was always coming.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5802 on: February 15, 2019, 03:30:17 pm »
Not forgetting him at all, but I don't think he is as crucial to making their counters work as Lingard, Rashford and Martial are.
And counters are their biggest threat. So it's definitely not bad news for us this. We'll still have to be extremely cool and precise, we'll still have to be very sharp to beat De Gea and we'll still have to go through loud and wild opening half hour - but it was always coming.

Precisely. Their biggest asset is pace on the break. Rashford obviously still plays but it limits them what they do in their other two positions. Contain Rashford and contain Lukaku who is far from what he's been in the past and their attacking threat is virtually non existent.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #5803 on: February 15, 2019, 03:44:52 pm »
Martial and Lingard especially being out for our game is a massive boost.

Miraculous recoveries aside, should give us a real opportunity to go there and get all three points as it nullifies alot of their attacking strength
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5804 on: February 15, 2019, 03:50:23 pm »
Remember how under Ferguson he’d always say big players were doubtful or wouldn’t be fit in time and would get in a huff when quizzed about it. Then miraculously they’d be named in the starting line up.

Let’s just wait and see! Good news if true though.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5805 on: February 15, 2019, 05:17:21 pm »
Remember how under Ferguson he’d always say big players were doubtful or wouldn’t be fit in time and would get in a huff when quizzed about it. Then miraculously they’d be named in the starting line up.

was thinking that myself
we shouldn't trust the fecker given that fergie is giving him some advices

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5806 on: February 15, 2019, 05:17:25 pm »

He’s absolutely terrible I think you meant to say.

I haven’t seen him bully or own any defenders for ages.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5807 on: February 15, 2019, 05:42:09 pm »
Doubt we would want Gini in defence though! Hope he can recover as we will need him in midfield.

He's a good option though,in a worse case scenario obviously.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #5808 on: February 16, 2019, 12:45:31 pm »
was thinking that myself
we shouldn't trust the fecker given that fergie is giving him some advices

Advices, Precious?
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #5809 on: February 16, 2019, 01:13:54 pm »
Really can't wait to play this lot. Hostile atmosphere wound up opposition makes  for a cracker.  Hope we are on our toes nice and incisive and we will do them big pitch to play on hopefully space for mo and sadio and robbo on the left
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline ManéManéMané

• Always sunné. In the rich man's world.....all the things I could do if had a little Mané.....
  • Main Stander
  • anchor.fm/koponpodcast
    • Kop On!
« Reply #5810 on: February 16, 2019, 06:20:31 pm »
I'm enjoying being in a title race a lot more now compared to even a month ago. The nerves are still there, of course: golly, they're still there, not just jangling but playing full-on hardcore death metal. However, through taking a step back, and concentrating on my breathing, I've actually learned to enjoy the noise.

"How?", I hear you bark. Well, here are some of the many reasons to be cheerful:

1. It's actually brilliant to be challenging for the league. How many times have we been completely out of the race by mid-February?
2. We've got Mo Salah
3. We're second favourites for the league anyway, so there's no pressure
4. We've got Sadio Mané
5. We will beat last season's points total and finish less than 24 points behind the champions: any way you look at it, that's progress (I've always thought that the only barometer we need is ourselves.)
6. We've got Virgil
7. We play such exciting football
8. We've got Alisson Becker in goal, and he plays guitar
9. Our manager is a great dancer
10. Andy Robertson
11. We support Liverpool. Imagine supporting anyone else? :o
12. We've got Bobby Firmino
13. Our injured players are coming back, most notably Gomez, Chamberlain, and Lovren. That's Ł100m+ of talent, right?
14. Gini Wijnaldum is a Red
15. We haven't had such a good defence for years, perhaps ever (if they could stay fit).
16. Fabinho plays for us
17. Our team spirit seems to be fantastic
18. Naby Keita has just started playing well
19. Jurgen Klopp knows how to win number 19, cos he's wunderbar.

I hope you've all started to enjoy it as much as I have, or if not, I hope you can join us and learn to enjoy it.

Also, if you're lucky enough to be able to attend matches, please cheer on the boys like a gin-soaked mother on Sports Day.

Up the Reds!!

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5811 on: February 17, 2019, 06:48:09 am »
I'm enjoying being in a title race a lot more now compared to even a month ago. The nerves are still there, of course: golly, they're still there, not just jangling but playing full-on hardcore death metal. However, through taking a step back, and concentrating on my breathing, I've actually learned to enjoy the noise.

"How?", I hear you bark. Well, here are some of the many reasons to be cheerful:

1. It's actually brilliant to be challenging for the league. How many times have we been completely out of the race by mid-February?
2. We've got Mo Salah
4. We've got Sadio Mané
5. We will beat last season's points total and finish less than 24 points behind the champions: any way you look at it, that's progress (I've always thought that the only barometer we need is ourselves.)
6. We've got Virgil
10. Andy Robertson
13. Our injured players are coming back, most notably Gomez, Chamberlain, and Lovren. That's Ł100m+ of talent, right?
15. We haven't had such a good defence for years, perhaps ever (if they could stay fit).
16. Fabinho plays for us

I hope you've all started to enjoy it as much as I have, or if not, I hope you can join us and learn to enjoy it.

Also, if you're lucky enough to be able to attend matches, please cheer on the boys like a gin-soaked mother on Sports Day.

Up the Reds!!

20. We're still in the Champions League..

Naturally given how well we've played in the league this season it hasn't been the focus for most fans, but we almost won it last year and this team is considerably better than last year's team.  Who can stop us?  Favourites Man City who are hopeless in this competition?  This Barcelona?  Old Man Juventus?  I don't think so. 

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #5812 on: February 17, 2019, 10:28:42 am »
Big week coming up which will possibly define who the league and CL pan out.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5813 on: February 17, 2019, 11:15:06 am »
When is the FA Cup 6th round in relation to when we play Watford? Team like that, nothing really to play for in the League will hopefully be fully focussed on the Cup.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5814 on: February 17, 2019, 11:27:56 am »
When is the FA Cup 6th round in relation to when we play Watford? Team like that, nothing really to play for in the League will hopefully be fully focussed on the Cup.

6th round is weekend of 23rd March I think? So nowhere near it
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5815 on: February 17, 2019, 12:33:19 pm »
6th round is weekend of 23rd March I think? So nowhere near it

16th of March, which means Man Utd v Man City will need to be rescheduled, hopefully to a some how less convenient time for Man City.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5816 on: February 17, 2019, 12:38:25 pm »
16th of March, which means Man Utd v Man City will need to be rescheduled, hopefully to a some how less convenient time for Man City.

I read somewhere this morning that the Manchester Derby could be put in two days after City playing Spurs. Either way they are likely to drop points somewhere as the volume of games increases.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5817 on: February 17, 2019, 12:57:05 pm »
I read somewhere this morning that the Manchester Derby could be put in two days after City playing Spurs. Either way they are likely to drop points somewhere as the volume of games increases.

There seems to be a gap around the 3rd/4th of April for a mid week league game, sandwiched between Fulham away and a possible FA Cup game.  Hardly taxing.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5818 on: February 17, 2019, 01:11:33 pm »

I heard he stole Phil Jones lunch money.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5819 on: February 17, 2019, 01:54:37 pm »

To be fair he smashed Arsenal about a fortnight ago, two good assists from the wing.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline ivorbigun

• Kemlynite
« Reply #5820 on: February 17, 2019, 02:09:15 pm »

2. We've got Mo Salah
4. We've got Sadio Mané
6. We've got Virgil
10. Andy Robertson
16. Fabinho plays for us

Up the Reds!!

Brilliant!
Brendan Rodgers - "70% possession its death by football"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5821 on: February 17, 2019, 02:42:59 pm »
To be fair he smashed Arsenal about a fortnight ago, two good assists from the wing.

The key word being Arsenal.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5822 on: February 17, 2019, 04:59:17 pm »
Lingard and Martial out for 2-3 weeks .

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11638124/anthony-martial-and-jesse-lingard-out-for-two-three-weeks-says-ole-gunnar-solskjaer

Not convinced that this is genuine at all. Reckon this is United trying to get some early mind games in.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5823 on: February 17, 2019, 05:01:55 pm »
Not convinced that this is genuine at all. Reckon this is United trying to get some early mind games in.

With Mr Ferguson in charge it's very possible.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5824 on: February 17, 2019, 05:03:29 pm »
With Mr Ferguson in charge it's very possible.

Think he’s learned a bit from the Ferguson years. Will no doubt make a miraculous recovery in the days before the game.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5825 on: February 17, 2019, 05:19:50 pm »
The key word being Arsenal.

Got me there  ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline commando

• Main Stander
« Reply #5826 on: February 17, 2019, 06:02:33 pm »

2. We've got Mo Salah
4. We've got Sadio Mané
6. We've got Virgil
10. Andy Robertson
16. Fabinho plays for us

Up the Reds!!

I could maybe run to whisky or lager soaked.  Would that suffice?    :D

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5827 on: February 17, 2019, 09:28:53 pm »
Thought it couldn’t be televised though. Not the most thoroughly researched answer I admit!

PSG v Montpellier being televised on BT on Wednesday at 8pm
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5828 on: February 17, 2019, 10:03:54 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5829 on: February 18, 2019, 12:55:50 am »

You were right they're both going to be fit, seems their injuries weren't so bad after all. Who saw that one coming.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ManéManéMané

• Always sunné. In the rich man's world.....all the things I could do if had a little Mané.....
  • Main Stander
  • anchor.fm/koponpodcast
    • Kop On!
« Reply #5830 on: February 19, 2019, 08:40:14 am »
I could maybe run to whisky or lager soaked.  Would that suffice?    :D

Whatever tickles your pickle!

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #5831 on: February 19, 2019, 08:41:30 am »
You were right they're both going to be fit, seems their injuries weren't so bad after all. Who saw that one coming.

Everyone.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5832 on: February 19, 2019, 12:27:13 pm »
Oliver doing the Utd game. Great news, gives us the best chance.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5833 on: February 19, 2019, 01:00:29 pm »
Oliver doing the Utd game. Great news, gives us the best chance.

That is good news. Just about the only semi-competent one of the lot and won't be swayed by the mountains of shite heading his way between now and full time. Even with his bag of rubbish for a heart.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #5834 on: February 19, 2019, 02:18:16 pm »
Oliver is the best referee in the league, good appointment.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5835 on: February 19, 2019, 02:27:34 pm »
Oliver is the best referee in the league, good appointment.
Kiss of Death.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5836 on: February 19, 2019, 02:53:34 pm »
Kiss of Death.

Could've been Manc Taylor, or fat Jon Moss or Martin fucking Atkinson, so be grateful for small merices  ;D ;D

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #5837 on: February 19, 2019, 03:45:09 pm »
The kiss of death would have been the Manc Taylor.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #5838 on: February 19, 2019, 03:46:19 pm »
United did a decent number on Chelsea last night. But the Plastics were set up very poorly, with Jorginho a liability in the DM slot Sarri seems to have forgotten is Kante's true home.

It's just one of those pivotal games. Get the 3 points and then watch City sweat buckets when they have to play the same fixture in April (I think it will be).

Keep it tight as usual and take chances when we can.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #5839 on: February 19, 2019, 03:55:06 pm »
Cannot see them scoring in any way apart from a counter or set piece. They've had a lot of joy in counter attacking recently, they hardly press....only one or two players (Hererra) but not in any systematic way that ive seen

Stop Pogba releasing the others on transitions and get the first goal....then we don't have to risk anything

This is all based off the one match ive seen them against PSG the other week and a few highlights here and there but in any case, we have a lot more for them to worry about
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.