Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2549952 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy (aka Fallout Shelter Mk2)
« Reply #38640 on: May 24, 2023, 07:55:27 pm »
Haven't cut myself shaving for years. Not on my face anyway.

Cut my chin last night, wasn't much of a bleeder though.

Anyone still stick bits of bogroll on the cuts?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #38641 on: May 24, 2023, 09:01:48 pm »

Absolutely, the worst part is right before you have to go out as well, and then when you get where you going, you rip the bogroll off and it starts bleeding again.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38642 on: May 24, 2023, 09:06:55 pm »
you can get little things that look like matchsticks that stop the bleeding from shaving cuts.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #38643 on: May 24, 2023, 09:22:49 pm »

yep - always works.

as long as you're not going straight out, like.  :)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38644 on: May 24, 2023, 09:24:34 pm »
you can get little things that look like matchsticks that stop the bleeding from shaving cuts.

I think they're called styptic pencils?  remember seeing them hanging up at the barber's when I was a kid, for some reason the word "styptic" fascinated me.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38645 on: May 25, 2023, 06:43:23 am »
People who borrow tools then lose them, bastards. Some prick lost a half round file of mine yesterday, had it 25 years. He is going on the list.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #38646 on: May 25, 2023, 06:57:54 am »

I think they're called styptic pencils?  remember seeing them hanging up at the barber's when I was a kid, for some reason the word "styptic" fascinated me.

Just googled them.  Look more like lip balm stick things.  Awesome.
Early school day for me !
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #38647 on: May 25, 2023, 09:26:28 am »
People who borrow tools then lose them, bastards. Some prick lost a half round file of mine yesterday, had it 25 years. He is going on the list.
Someone borrowed an SDS drill from me once to help in a small domestic demolition job. A few tiles, a bit of brickwork... They demolished it all right, the dril, I mean.

To be fair they paid up for a replacement, but I have a general rule now. No one borrows my tools.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #38648 on: May 25, 2023, 09:28:49 am »
People who talk on the phone - usually on buses or trains and hold it away from their face and shout into it with the people speaking on speaker

What the actual fuck.

There should be a law where they are shot into space
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #38649 on: May 25, 2023, 09:29:43 am »

I think he needs to use some 'man up'
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38650 on: May 25, 2023, 03:52:56 pm »
Work constantly fucking my wages up, it's either don't get paid or loads of hours missing, this week it's 10 hours missing and my night out money :butt
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #38651 on: May 25, 2023, 04:18:53 pm »
Work constantly fucking my wages up, it's either don't get paid or loads of hours missing, this week it's 10 hours missing and my night out money :butt

Company must have needed a significant financial boost to sequester the night out money... ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #38652 on: May 25, 2023, 04:32:13 pm »
Traffic caused by shitty timings on lights.

Is one by me, but have been stuck in others similar, where it’s a right turn at a set of lights. Even at only moderately busy periods it backs really far back due to the filter not being on long enough. You then get people who don’t go into the right hand lane until later due to the queue so they end up blocking the straight on lane causing that to back up.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 04:48:17 pm by CraigDS »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #38653 on: May 26, 2023, 10:25:54 am »

My daughter had the same problem. Her employers had outsourced wages and HR……

And the Transfer Thread is full of Job’s comforters who alternate between there and the FSG thread.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #38654 on: May 26, 2023, 05:00:31 pm »
When an app totally changes its icon so it’s not recognisable at all and you spend ages looking for it in all your folders before you realise.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38655 on: May 26, 2023, 05:03:23 pm »

Aah the good old days when the only place you could buy johnnies was the barber - “Something for the weekend, Sir?”.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38656 on: May 27, 2023, 08:43:41 pm »
House parties that blare out that shite zoom zoom music just when you're settling down to sleep. There's a number of things about these I take issue with.

1) Why is it always close to midnight when it starts? Like if it was on earlier in the night I'd be able to get used to it, not when I'm literally drifting off to sleep. 2) Why is it always blaring so loud that every neighbour in the vicinity has to put up with it? Are they deaf or something? 3) Why oh why is it always absolute shite music? Zoom zoom shit that really shouldn't be called music. Why can't they play decent music? Like rock or blues or jazz or even classical for christs sake?! I think I would be okay with my neighbours blaring out Led Zeppelin or Muddy Waters. Or some Jelly Roll Morton or nice easy jazz to help me on my way to sleep?
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #38657 on: May 27, 2023, 08:45:06 pm »
House parties that blare out that shite zoom zoom music just when you're settling down to sleep.

Why you going to a house party to sleep?  ???

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38658 on: May 27, 2023, 08:47:27 pm »
I got drunk yesterday at a Falkirk FC fundraiser and spent £850 on a signed photo and a signed football strip. Fucking idiot.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #38659 on: May 27, 2023, 10:28:54 pm »
I got drunk yesterday at a Falkirk FC fundraiser and spent £850 on a signed photo and a signed football strip. Fucking idiot.
Apparently a lot of charity buyers return the items too..... 😂😂
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38660 on: May 27, 2023, 10:47:28 pm »

Please tell me you woke up wearing the football strip.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38661 on: May 27, 2023, 11:16:38 pm »
unless the footie strip was being worn by the world's best hooker .... yeah, you're fucking idiot.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #38662 on: May 27, 2023, 11:35:22 pm »
unless the footie strip was being worn by the world's best hooker .... yeah, you're fucking idiot.

Musketeer Gripweed is the world’s best hooker?  ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38663 on: May 27, 2023, 11:58:21 pm »
Please tell me you woke up wearing the football strip.

Musketeer Gripweed is David Mellor MP - one for, at least, the middle aged.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #38664 on: May 28, 2023, 03:39:20 am »
House parties that blare out that shite zoom zoom music just when you're settling down to sleep. There's a number of things about these I take issue with.

1) Why is it always close to midnight when it starts? Like if it was on earlier in the night I'd be able to get used to it, not when I'm literally drifting off to sleep. 2) Why is it always blaring so loud that every neighbour in the vicinity has to put up with it? Are they deaf or something? 3) Why oh why is it always absolute shite music? Zoom zoom shit that really shouldn't be called music. Why can't they play decent music? Like rock or blues or jazz or even classical for christs sake?! I think I would be okay with my neighbours blaring out Led Zeppelin or Muddy Waters. Or some Jelly Roll Morton or nice easy jazz to help me on my way to sleep?

Yep. Similarly, a house behind us decided to set up a projection screen and speakers in their garden and start a Chris Hemsworth action film at 10:30pm. Why? This isn't a fucking drive-in.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 03:45:33 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38665 on: May 28, 2023, 12:58:23 pm »

We have a really inconsiderate house near ours that when it gets to the summer months has weekly bollocks like this. Loads of them screaming at the top of their lungs as well.

Don't get how you can be that inconsiderate of those around you. What if there's a couple with a young baby trying to get them to sleep? What if there's elderly people? What if there's people recovering from illness who neeed a good sleep?

Just totally selfish.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38666 on: May 29, 2023, 07:41:31 am »
Looked in a couple of threads that aren't the Transfer Thread and there is some low post count knob moaning about the transfers this summer already. Miserable fuckers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38667 on: May 29, 2023, 07:45:49 am »
Looked in a couple of threads that aren't the Transfer Thread and there is some low post count knob moaning about the transfers this summer already. Miserable fuckers

And no doubt the low post count knob will be moaning about you moaning about him moaning about the transfers.

Imagine being stuck next to a twat like that in the pub. At least you can finish you pint, head to the bogs and do a runner.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #38668 on: May 29, 2023, 11:07:40 am »
And no doubt the low post count knob will be moaning about you moaning about him moaning about the transfers.

Imagine being stuck next to a twat like that in the pub. At least you can finish you pint, head to the bogs and do a runner.

i did that once after a game when i got chatting to some guy about the club and boy did i make a mistake  :o

he was part serial killer part fascist part fan

what i did was to go the loo then literally crawl on all fours on the carpet (yuk) below the tables and chairs until i got to the door - which i opened still on all fours before pegging it

yeh i got a few weird looks but hey it's a pub
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #38669 on: May 29, 2023, 11:14:27 am »
i did that once after a game when i got chatting to some guy about the club and boy did i make a mistake  :o

what i did was to go the loo then literally crawl on all fours on the carpet (yuk) below the tables and chairs until i got to the door - which i opened still on all fours before pegging it

I wondered where you'd gone.

That's the last time I chat with you in the pub.  :sad
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #38670 on: May 29, 2023, 11:19:40 am »
I wondered where you'd gone.

That's the last time I chat with you in the pub.  :sad

;D
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38671 on: May 29, 2023, 06:28:04 pm »

good plan - think of all the spare change you can pick up off the floor on your way out.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #38672 on: May 29, 2023, 07:17:03 pm »
Just had a big fuck off tube of Smarties and there were only 4 orange one's in there.   :no

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38673 on: May 29, 2023, 08:03:29 pm »
Going for a nap for an hour and it's ends up being 4 hours. :butt

Sleep ruined tonight.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #38674 on: May 30, 2023, 11:25:53 am »
It's nigh on impossible to find a remote working job paying around £20k or so.  All I want is a straight forward data entry/admin/whatever job that doesn't pay a huge amount and lets me work from home.  Bleagh.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38675 on: May 30, 2023, 02:29:49 pm »
It's nigh on impossible to find a remote working job paying around £20k or so.  All I want is a straight forward data entry/admin/whatever job that doesn't pay a huge amount and lets me work from home.  Bleagh.

Considered QA? Most will offer remote, some might want some coding background but imagine you can learn on the job.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #38676 on: May 30, 2023, 03:03:42 pm »
Considered QA? Most will offer remote, some might want some coding background but imagine you can learn on the job.

Ta, will take a look, didn't even consider searching for that type of thing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38677 on: May 30, 2023, 04:47:12 pm »
Unsure if i'm just becoming a miserable old bastard but there's a house that backs onto ours and all the kids do is stand in the garden and scream at each other.

No words, no shouting, no actual game being played... Just stand in the garden and scream at the top of their voices. Sometimes their ma comes out and tells them to "shut the fuck up" but it can go on for ages. It's really bizarre.

If they're playing footy and celebrating scoring then i'd get it, but they aren't?!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38678 on: May 30, 2023, 05:32:05 pm »
Unsure if i'm just becoming a miserable old bastard but there's a house that backs onto ours and all the kids do is stand in the garden and scream at each other.

No words, no shouting, no actual game being played... Just stand in the garden and scream at the top of their voices. Sometimes their ma comes out and tells them to "shut the fuck up" but it can go on for ages. It's really bizarre.

If they're playing footy and celebrating scoring then i'd get it, but they aren't?!
L
There's a device you can get that attaches to the outside wall that emits a frequency only children can hear and makes it unbearable to be outside 😉

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38679 on: May 30, 2023, 05:41:35 pm »
L
There's a device you can get that attaches to the outside wall that emits a frequency only children can hear and makes it unbearable to be outside 😉

Our library had one fitted in an attempt to stop teenagers hanging around there at night.