Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2058422 times)

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #12360 on: January 25, 2020, 10:30:36 am »
There's about 9 left for West Ham.

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #12361 on: January 25, 2020, 11:57:01 am »
I know we are a way off yet but do you think if the Villa game is one where we can win the league, that the additional members sale will be set with a pre-requisite?

I know it was free for all in November but I remember they did something like this in 13/14 with Newcastle for last game of the season.
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12362 on: January 25, 2020, 11:58:46 am »
I know we are a way off yet but do you think if the Villa game is one where we can win the league, that the additional members sale will be set with a pre-requisite?

I know it was free for all in November but I remember they did something like this in 13/14 with Newcastle for last game of the season.

You’d like to think so but wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t

Having been to most in the first half of the season but struggled since I’m delighted I got villa in the free for all

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12363 on: January 25, 2020, 12:22:39 pm »

Chelsea game defo should have extra criteria

Should be 8 from this season rather than 4 from last

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #12364 on: January 25, 2020, 01:49:41 pm »

Should message the club and tell them to pass it on to the ticketing team.  They probably haven’t even thought about it.

Online willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12365 on: January 25, 2020, 02:09:15 pm »
I was talking to a guy at work and spoke about the bots taking the tickets.  He mentioned about "captcha".  The club could get rid of the bots (my guess is that these are used by touts) by introducing these.

That is unless we don't actually have bots taking the tickets and we just have a lot of people after very few spares.....

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12366 on: January 25, 2020, 02:10:55 pm »
I was talking to a guy at work and spoke about the bots taking the tickets.  He mentioned about "captcha".  The club could get rid of the bots (my guess is that these are used by touts) by introducing these.

That is unless we don't actually have bots taking the tickets and we just have a lot of people after very few spares.....

They use captcha already but only once in a blue moon. I’ve only seen it a handful of times

No idea why it’s not more often

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12367 on: January 25, 2020, 02:12:38 pm »
They use captcha already but only once in a blue moon. I’ve only seen it a handful of times

No idea why it’s not more often

Last few games I've been on the refresh marathon for, after so long refreshing you have to complete a captcha thing to carry on refreshing.

I definitely think the bots theory is an overused excuse.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #12368 on: January 25, 2020, 02:18:22 pm »
If you're refreshing for less than 1 second between each refresh then you'll get the Captcha thing. Absolutely smashing F5 will bring it up. Never seen it otherwise.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12369 on: January 25, 2020, 02:20:49 pm »
If you're refreshing for less than 1 second between each refresh then you'll get the Captcha thing. Absolutely smashing F5 will bring it up. Never seen it otherwise.

Ah so it’s a badge of honour? ;D

I won’t curse it again when I see it next

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12370 on: January 25, 2020, 02:24:35 pm »

It's a timed thing, everyone gets it at the same time.

I usually have two laptops refreshing, at different rates, and they both get the 'tick this box to continue' captcha page at the same time.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12371 on: January 25, 2020, 02:47:05 pm »

im pretty sure the bots can be run so you have three devices refreshing at 3 second intervals, think the bot thing isn’t that big an issue it’s more some people can get away with constant refreshing at work and some probably get a heads up from a mate at the TO

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12372 on: January 25, 2020, 04:43:17 pm »
It's a timed thing, everyone gets it at the same time.

I usually have two laptops refreshing, at different rates, and they both get the 'tick this box to continue' captcha page at the same time.

Thats because they are on the same network, even though it's a different session

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12373 on: January 25, 2020, 06:21:36 pm »
There's about 9 left for West Ham.

Still 6 left now. Why they don't just drop it and let 6 people on 7 credits move a place up the ladder I dont know

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #12374 on: January 25, 2020, 06:34:39 pm »
I got two for Southampton yesterday but something has fucking come up and I can't go now. Got a mate who's willing to take them for him and his son. Should I contact the ticket office and inform them who's going I stead of me etc?? Shite this.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12375 on: January 25, 2020, 06:48:16 pm »
I got two for Southampton yesterday but something has fucking come up and I can't go now. Got a mate who's willing to take them for him and his son. Should I contact the ticket office and inform them who's going I stead of me etc?? Shite this.

All that queuing and the joy of getting them for nowt. I feel your pain.

Is it necessary to tell them. So long as it’s not an adult going on a child’s ticket. Others may know better.

Obviously I would’ve bitten your hand off for them!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12376 on: January 25, 2020, 09:53:00 pm »
15 now

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #12377 on: January 26, 2020, 12:20:23 am »
Dont think he’d have got an answer from the ticket office at 9pm

Thought it was from earlier on for some reason  ;D

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #12378 on: January 26, 2020, 12:21:33 am »

Yeah. Ring up and tell them what's happening, they'll add a note to your order.

Best covering your back with everything that is going on mate.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #12379 on: January 26, 2020, 08:32:58 am »
Yeah. Ring up and tell them what's happening, they'll add a note to your order.

Best covering your back with everything that is going on mate.

Thanks mate, gonna do that. Do I still get a credit on my card or what way does that work? Don't really mind if I lose it to be honest just curious. Never done it before.

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #12380 on: January 26, 2020, 09:37:03 am »
Thanks mate, gonna do that. Do I still get a credit on my card or what way does that work? Don't really mind if I lose it to be honest just curious. Never done it before.

When I did it I kept the credit

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #12381 on: January 26, 2020, 10:11:39 am »
Once again have this fabled 222 ticket in my basket. Ticket office shut until 8.15am haha
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #12382 on: January 26, 2020, 10:37:38 am »

Even if it's your mate or whoever going it's still on your card so the credit shouldn't be effected.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #12383 on: January 26, 2020, 12:02:45 pm »
Even if it's your mate or whoever going it's still on your card so the credit shouldn't be effected.

OK cheers pal want to keep it above board. Slim chance I might be going now anyway but thanks for the info  :wave

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12384 on: January 26, 2020, 02:36:25 pm »
Once again have this fabled 222 ticket in my basket. Ticket office shut until 8.15am haha

I had my turn last night. Probably the closest I’ll get to getting a ticket in the members sale!

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #12385 on: January 26, 2020, 03:30:08 pm »

Why should it? Tickets have always been sold on previous seasons attendance and there's already been a Chelsea sale so they can't change it now.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12386 on: January 26, 2020, 04:07:38 pm »
Why should it? Tickets have always been sold on previous seasons attendance and there's already been a Chelsea sale so they can't change it now.

Of course they can but they won’t

The reason why they should is you should reward those who have gone this season and not give someone their first game of the season

All a moot point anyway- will stay 4 from last season

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12387 on: January 26, 2020, 04:11:38 pm »

Because it makes absolute perfect sense, that's why.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12388 on: January 26, 2020, 06:02:30 pm »

Because people want everything so it suits their situation.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12389 on: January 26, 2020, 07:50:28 pm »
Because people want everything so it suits their situation.

I have 12 from last season and 12 this season

So hows that working for your little theory?

Doesnt affect me at all, but clearly if youve been to 10 games this season then you deserve to be at the Chelsea game more than someone who went to 4 last season

It hardly a fucking ridiculous notion is it

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #12390 on: January 26, 2020, 08:06:03 pm »
Could this FA Cup replay be an opportunity to get the FA Cup ladder?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12391 on: January 26, 2020, 11:01:18 pm »
I have 12 from last season and 12 this season

So hows that working for your little theory?

Doesnt affect me at all, but clearly if youve been to 10 games this season then you deserve to be at the Chelsea game more than someone who went to 4 last season

It hardly a fucking ridiculous notion is it

Congratulations to you. I'll write to the club and ask them to get you a super fan plaque unveiled in your honour.
Sales have been based on prior season attendance for years. It shouldn't change because someone gets their panties in a twist all of a sudden because we're doing well.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12392 on: January 26, 2020, 11:11:17 pm »
Congratulations to you. I'll write to the club and ask them to get you a super fan plaque unveiled in your honour.
Sales have been based on prior season attendance for years. It shouldn't change because someone gets their panties in a twist all of a sudden because we're doing well.

How the fuck have you got that from what I posted?

Deary me

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12393 on: January 27, 2020, 01:45:25 am »
Could this FA Cup replay be an opportunity to get the FA Cup ladder?
seeing as it’s a u23 game they may make it no credit like with villa?

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #12394 on: January 27, 2020, 07:35:52 am »

Well I suppose most will be gone through the ACS. People won't return as that would put them out the scheme wouldn't it?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12395 on: January 27, 2020, 10:15:18 am »

Pretty sure that was more down to the peculiar circumstances of two games over two days than anything else. Ideally they drop the prices so anyone wanting to go can go and be awarded the credit accordingly.
YNWA.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Kopite
« Reply #12396 on: January 27, 2020, 10:18:35 am »
The reason why they should is you should reward those who have gone this season and not give someone their first game of the season

But it wouldn't be like the ticket is going to someone with no purchase history.  There have been much discussed problems with the bulk and late availability sales this season so I don't see why you would want to exclude fans who have a history of going but have just struggled this season.

As you say though, I'd be very surprised if anything changed.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12397 on: January 27, 2020, 10:29:48 am »
Of course they can but they won’t

Reward those who've been lucky enough in the bulk sales you mean?

It's an absolute mess and to change the criteria now would stink.

Plenty of "spares" will be knocking about for a few thousand I'm sure.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12398 on: January 27, 2020, 10:30:01 am »
When people with 4 plus renewed their membership last season, it was with the understanding that they'd have a chance at getting tickets for all the cat A games this season.  Don't think the club could legally change the terms mid way through a season even if they wanted to.

And aside from that, I don't think that people on 10 games this season are 'better fans' or 'more deserving'.  They just got luckier in the bulks than the rest of us.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12399 on: January 27, 2020, 10:35:37 am »
When people with 4 plus renewed their membership last season, it was with the understanding that they'd have a chance at getting tickets for all the cat A games this season.  Don't think the club could legally change the terms mid way through a season even if they wanted to.

And aside from that, I don't think that people on 10 games this season are 'better fans' or 'more deserving'.  They just got luckier in the bulks than the rest of us.

Pretty sure the club reserves the right to change selling criteria whenever they want, it will be in the small print somewhere. When you buy the membership it never mentions anywhere in the terms about selling criteria, they just sell them on the basis that this gets you access to games, it's up to you to look up the individual criteria for each game.

Disagree with the second bit as well. I'm on 12 this season (as I was last season btw, so no agenda here), but only 2 of those were from the bulk sales. So I haven't got lucky in the bulks, I have slogged my guts off, giving up my life to get those other 10 tickets, so I'd say I'd be more deserving than someone who did 'get lucky' and got 4 in the bulks.

They should change it, imo, and cat A games in the first half of the season should be 4+ from last season, cat A games in the second half should be 4+ from this season.

And again, I re-iterate, I have zero agenda here as some have suggested, I'm on the same number this season as last so makes no odds to me.