Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Naglesmann is a top tier manager in the making. He#s just a bit of a c*nt. But if we did go for him we'd be waiting till August to get him in and that's not right.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Last post by MBL? on Today at 12:52:48 am »
@_pauljoyce 1m

Hey LFC Fans. Ya birds shaggin the Milkman an ya kids aren’t yours

Him saying Alonso isn't coming is worse if we're honest.
A shame if Alonso isn’t coming
Though it’s a bigger shame for him than for LFC - genuinely surprised he hasn’t bitten our hand off
Media and Arts / Re: Dead musician tribute thread
« Last post by jambutty on Today at 12:51:52 am »
Just watched Scorsese's Once Were Brothers, about The Band.

Having seen The Last Waltz at least 100x, it has true resonance.
Call me crazy but I would be up for Stevie over all these other names being mentioned now
Would call you worse than that.
@_pauljoyce 1m

Hey LFC Fans. Ya birds shaggin the Milkman an ya kids aren’t yours

;D
It's what he does. He cherrypicks one line of a post, ignores the context of your post, and then avoids answering any question you ask him.

Truly astonishing post. I kind of admire it  ;D
General Football and Sport / Re: The NFL Thread
« Last post by MBL? on Today at 12:47:29 am »
He'll be stashed on the practice squad and maybe play the odd pre-season game for the next few seasons.

That would be my guess. Likely ends up back playing rugby in 2-3 years but your never know.
Special teams would be his best path to make the team I'd guess?

Would it not be better to try these rugby lads in defense? Their tackling technique is usually very high but I guess it's maybe harder to learn defensive systems.
News and Current Affairs / Re: India - deteriorating?
« Last post by Bullet500 on Today at 12:47:27 am »
A couple of examples for this would be that in 2011 Congress filed sedition cases against 3500 farmers for protesting against the construction of a nuclear power plant in Tamil Nadu.
Kundankulam nuclear power plant? That is Jayalalitha's government. AIDMK was technically a soft Hindutva party if there's such a thing in Tamil Nadu politics. Misuse of sedition law? Yeah, if there's anything that's Indian culture then it's having ambiguous and broad laws to target people whimsically. In fact, the current BJP government does it more and has been creating more draconian laws.

What you could actually criticise Congress is for putting people like Aseem Trivedi behind the bars during the Anna Hazare movement. But the same thing happens now and perhaps worse. ;) Speaking of Hazare, there was a recent video of him criticising Kejriwal which ANI tweeted and he's listening to whispers and repeating. When you need this guy for propaganda against the current opposition, he's always eating and healthy.

but for some reason which is beyond me the opposition don’t seem to do so.
ohh, opposition is doing their best but the media is very partisan now. Openly dehumanises people - something which was never the case in India. That's exactly what people are worried. Of course, then there is a set of half-educated 'uncles' who think "opposition is not doing anything".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10