Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2091772 times)

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #24080 on: February 9, 2022, 01:03:54 pm »
If any other club was going to have this problem, it was no surprise it was United.

It’s a double edged sword for me. If you are asking for the STHs themselves to be in attendance of x amount of games then that limits the tickets available to members on the late return sales. It’s been a god send since the club introduced this..

If they’re however, just asking for the seat to be sat on regardless of whom it is then I’d have a problem with that.

Personally, I’d like maybe for the STH themselves to be present at a minimum of 10 games a season otherwise they lose it. Then, if they can’t attend any others the STH has to return to the club for the late sales. The F&F was good during covid but tickets aren’t in the right hands with that going on.

I’ve never done it. Are you allowed to distribute a ticket to F&F for a cat A game without any prior attendance?? That’s messed up if you can

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
« Reply #24081 on: February 9, 2022, 01:10:29 pm »

I’ve never done it. Are you allowed to distribute a ticket to F&F for a cat A game without any prior attendance?? That’s messed up if you can

You can distribute to anybody with an email address. They don't even need to be a member.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24082 on: February 9, 2022, 01:23:39 pm »
You can distribute to anybody with an email address. They don't even need to be a member.

You can at the moment. There is no way this will be a thing forever. The sooner it's binned off the better imo. Proper transfers between a small number of people on your F&F should be the only way.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24083 on: February 9, 2022, 01:25:35 pm »

This NEEDS to be changed ASAP. If anyone can justify passing a ticket on to someone ahead of a member with 4+ going through the generic procedure please feel free to make that argument now.

I wonder if this issue has even been raised (yes, it is an issue) The problem is that members on 4+ are outnumbered by the STHs who probably don’t care, the members on 13+ who probably do care but don’t have any reason to push it and then everyone on less than 3 games and the day trippers probably don’t understand the process clearly and accept it.

Do we actually have anyone on the fans supporters board who knows enough about the system to make a valid point who is in the 4+ games a season category??? I doubt it, it’ll be STHs and members who go to every game

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #24084 on: February 9, 2022, 02:06:59 pm »
This NEEDS to be changed ASAP. If anyone can justify passing a ticket on to someone ahead of a member with 4+ going through the generic procedure please feel free to make that argument now.

I wonder if this issue has even been raised (yes, it is an issue) The problem is that members on 4+ are outnumbered by the STHs who probably don’t care, the members on 13+ who probably do care but don’t have any reason to push it and then everyone on less than 3 games and the day trippers probably don’t understand the process clearly and accept it.

Do we actually have anyone on the fans supporters board who knows enough about the system to make a valid point who is in the 4+ games a season category??? I doubt it, it’ll be STHs and members who go to every game
I’m on 3+ and understand this clearly. Should be on 4 but alas the villa game in 2020 was cancelled and I didn’t get a credit for it. Annoys the fuck out of me that I see people on twitter or even on here going to their “first game” against united or some other big team. A game I don’t even get a chance to buy for. This season has been different as there obviously isn’t enough on 4+ to sell all the tickets and the likes of city dropped to 3+
YNWA

Offline 18and6

• Main Stander
« Reply #24085 on: February 9, 2022, 02:20:32 pm »
Not sure there is an actual NFC app is there? It's just something that's on your smartphone that you need to make sure is switched on, like bluetooth. But yeah, otherwise just email and Google/Apple Pay.
Yeah correct

Thanks.

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24086 on: February 9, 2022, 03:08:36 pm »
I’m quite shocked that there are people that think attending 10 out of 19 as a STH is “acceptable”.

I can’t get my head round this whole idea where people are buying tickets and then passing them on as they think they’re entitled to do so. So many people claim that the aways are a closed shop, yet this is one of the reasons why. Of course there will always be reasons why someone can’t go last minute, but if you’re struggling to attend almost half of the games then maybe you should be letting someone else take this opportunity.

I’m sure I’ll get shot down but the passing on/ distributing of tickets to other people should be an absolute last resort, not just a way of keeping credits and attending games whe you feel like it. Until that changes, we will continue to have the issues we do now
« Last Edit: February 9, 2022, 03:10:46 pm by timmit »
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #24087 on: February 9, 2022, 03:14:02 pm »
I’m quite shocked that there are people that think attending 10 out of 19 as a STH is “acceptable”.

I can’t get my head round this whole idea where people are buying tickets and then passing them on as they think they’re entitled to do so. So many people claim that the aways are a closed shop, yet this is one of the reasons why. Of course there will always be reasons why someone can’t go last minute, but if you’re struggling to attend almost half of the games then maybe you should be letting someone else take this opportunity.

I’m sure I’ll get shot down but the passing on/ distributing of tickets to other people should be an absolute last resort, not just a way of keeping credits and attending games whe you feel like it. Until that changes, we will continue to have the issues we do now
I agree 100% with this
YNWA

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #24088 on: February 9, 2022, 03:19:19 pm »

spot on, unfortunately STH throw out the 1980s card

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24089 on: February 9, 2022, 04:24:25 pm »
Anyone think they're planning to do something different starting with the Leeds game?
The ticket page says "Further details regarding ticket sales and the ticket return process will be released here soon."

Wondering if they're planning to start something new

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24090 on: February 9, 2022, 04:28:12 pm »
Anyone think they're planning to do something different starting with the Leeds game?
The ticket page says "Further details regarding ticket sales and the ticket return process will be released here soon."

Wondering if they're planning to start something new
I think it’s more to do with the fact they've already done the sales for it and now there will be returns etc

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #24091 on: February 9, 2022, 05:19:12 pm »
I think it’s more to do with the fact they've already done the sales for it and now there will be returns etc
Yeah probably going to have to return two for it now with it being midweek 😔
YNWA

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24092 on: February 10, 2022, 06:38:40 am »
Now that Leeds is on the Wednesday is the LA sale likely to be on the Monday that week or the Friday the week before?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #24093 on: February 10, 2022, 10:16:17 am »
Ah the joy of sitting on the members' page refreshing in hope ;D

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24094 on: February 10, 2022, 11:38:30 am »
So you should lose your season ticket if you don't attend at least 16 matches... Makes sense. Get Roy Hodgson back and the waiting list should be cleared in two seasons..

If someone has a season ticket and decides to watch 5 games a year; it should be their choice.. face saving exercise by united because they are currently so dire so people either don't bother showing up - or the touts are not able to sell out.. Nothing to do with giving more supporters access..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #24095 on: February 10, 2022, 11:43:03 am »
So you should lose your season ticket if you don't attend at least 16 matches... Makes sense. Get Roy Hodgson back and the waiting list should be cleared in two seasons..

If someone has a season ticket and decides to watch 5 games a year; it should be their choice.. face saving exercise by united because they are currently so dire so people either don't bother showing up - or the touts are not able to sell out.. Nothing to do with giving more supporters access..

If someone's doing 5 games a season regular it should probably go to one of the thousands that have been waiting years for one to be honest.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24096 on: February 10, 2022, 11:46:56 am »
If someone's doing 5 games a season regular it should probably go to one of the thousands that have been waiting years for one to be honest.

The ones that are getting season tickets now have been waiting for 20-25 ?? years. should they be asked if they intend to go to at least 14-15-16 matches - if they sign up for any of the three ACS - 80-90 % attendance required ?
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24097 on: February 10, 2022, 12:14:14 pm »
Any tickets for tonight come up today? Keeping an eye out for a mate. Or any likely to come up?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24098 on: February 10, 2022, 12:31:40 pm »
Any tickets for tonight come up today? Keeping an eye out for a mate. Or any likely to come up?
should be one drop at least but they may have already went on this morning

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #24099 on: February 10, 2022, 12:35:23 pm »

Wow.. just wow…

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #24100 on: February 10, 2022, 12:37:05 pm »
The ones that are getting season tickets now have been waiting for 20-25 ?? years. should they be asked if they intend to go to at least 14-15-16 matches - if they sign up for any of the three ACS - 80-90 % attendance required ?

Yes. They should. Having a season ticket shouldn’t become an opportunity to become a ticket reseller

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24101 on: February 10, 2022, 12:43:49 pm »
Yes. They should. Having a season ticket shouldn’t become an opportunity to become a ticket reseller
or pick and choose which games to go to

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24102 on: February 10, 2022, 12:44:30 pm »
5 games but had a season ticket since 673BC so it's okay

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #24103 on: February 10, 2022, 12:51:29 pm »
or pick and choose which games to go to

It’s beyond a joke isn’t it. Ticketing will always be fucked while there are people that have this attitude. Unless we drop to league 1

Offline redandwhitekuyt

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #24104 on: February 10, 2022, 02:54:23 pm »

ive got if you need

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #24105 on: February 10, 2022, 02:55:25 pm »

Jesus Christ 😂😂
YNWA

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24106 on: February 10, 2022, 03:06:37 pm »
Jesus Christ 😂😂

Of course there are loads of people that is blatantly misusing their season ticket, but if you travel for a month or get ill - should you then apply to the club asking them not to take away your season ticket if you don't attend the necessary 16 matches ?

Of course there are no such trivial matters for the average superfan, who clock 20-25 home matches - in all competitions -per season and have done so for how many years ?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 03:08:21 pm by Johnny Foreigner »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24107 on: February 10, 2022, 03:12:04 pm »
Of course there are loads of people that is blatantly misusing their season ticket, but if you travel for a month or get ill - should you then apply to the club asking them not to take away your season ticket if you don't attend the necessary 16 matches ?

Of course there are no such trivial matters for the average superfan, who clock 20-25 home matches - in all competitions -per season and have done so for how many years ?
there's 3 months in the summer to travel, if you travel 2 weeks international break and 2 weeks after you'd miss at most 2 home games. 16 is maybe too high but 13 should be the absolute minimum unless you are unwell and literally can't attend. People shouldn't be able to share season tickets either

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #24108 on: February 10, 2022, 03:16:30 pm »

If you’re I’ll and provide proof to the club then maybe a partial refund or something for that season and a pause on you’re ticket. If you’re planning on going travelling for six months then why are you buying a season ticket? 13 games minimum on you’re own card. Least that can be done especially if you live local. I’ll have been at 9 this season after tonight and I’m definitely not local. I’d love the opportunity to even get on season ticket waiting list. Maybe I’d get one by the time I retire
YNWA

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #24109 on: February 10, 2022, 03:28:36 pm »

It’s not about being a “superfan” or trying to view yourself as superior. It’s about fairness. If you cannot commit to going to the vast majority of games then don’t have a season ticket. There may be many reasons why you can’t commit to the matches and that’s fine. It ISNT compulsory to have one. Simply stick to membership and pick and choose your games where possible.

I’ll never understand the mindset where people think it’s ok to have season ticket and then pass on the majority of games to others. Why should you have the right to decide who can get a ticket. We have a loyalty scheme for that.

If your in possession of a ST and think it’s acceptable to go to 5 games as per the example earlier then you’re basically a tout and you shouldn’t have the ticket in my view.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24110 on: February 10, 2022, 03:31:09 pm »
It’s not about being a “superfan” or trying to view yourself as superior. It’s about fairness. If you cannot commit to going to the vast majority of games then don’t have a season ticket. There may be many reasons why you can’t commit to the matches and that’s fine. It ISNT compulsory to have one. Simply stick to membership and pick and choose your games where possible.

I’ll never understand the mindset where people think it’s ok to have season ticket and then pass on the majority of games to others. Why should you have the right to decide who can get a ticket. We have a loyalty scheme for that.

If your in possession of a ST and think it’s acceptable to go to 5 games as per the example earlier then you’re basically a tout and you shouldn’t have the ticket in my view.
exactly the membership allows flexibility to choose games, keep 4+ a year to you have a chance at the big ones, ST should be going to every game or don't have one.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24111 on: February 10, 2022, 03:34:02 pm »
If you’re I’ll and provide proof to the club then maybe a partial refund or something for that season and a pause on you’re ticket. If you’re planning on going travelling for six months then why are you buying a season ticket? 13 games minimum on you’re own card. Least that can be done especially if you live local. I’ll have been at 9 this season after tonight and I’m definitely not local. I’d love the opportunity to even get on season ticket waiting list. Maybe I’d get one by the time I retire
if you are sick obviously provisions should be in place but travelling doesn't really make sense, there's time to do that in the summer or international breaks. Maybe there should be an option to take a 1 year holiday from your season ticket? Maybe once every decade for example, you take holiday at start of the season and the club sells the seat that season as a member seat then you get the option to take it back at the end of the season or it moved to someone on the waiting list

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #24112 on: February 10, 2022, 03:34:09 pm »
exactly the membership allows flexibility to choose games, keep 4+ a year to you have a chance at the big ones, ST should be going to every game or don't have one.

Agree 100%.

Obviously there can be extenuating circumstances, falling ill etc etc. But I think 16/19 is an absolute minimum if you want that privilege of the ST.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24113 on: February 10, 2022, 03:43:02 pm »
Agree 100%.

Obviously there can be extenuating circumstances, falling ill etc etc. But I think 16/19 is an absolute minimum if you want that privilege of the ST.
especially if you are going to get access to away games first which guarantees final tickets

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #24114 on: February 10, 2022, 04:45:20 pm »
Anyone needing a last minute ticket get on now there’s a few popping up
YNWA

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24115 on: February 10, 2022, 04:48:18 pm »
The game isn't even visible for me anymore!

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #24116 on: February 10, 2022, 04:49:05 pm »
The game isn't even visible for me anymore!
Yeah just looked again, within a minute of me posting that it got took down. I don’t think it’s sold out…
YNWA

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24117 on: February 10, 2022, 04:49:36 pm »
Very early to be pulling it down as there will be odd return between now and KO

Changed to 'sold out' on the ticket news page now.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 04:52:21 pm by swoopy »

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24118 on: February 10, 2022, 05:00:15 pm »
Very early to be pulling it down as there will be odd return between now and KO

Changed to 'sold out' on the ticket news page now.

The odd ticket might get sold at the TO to tourists going on the ground tour

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24119 on: February 10, 2022, 05:30:20 pm »
The odd ticket might get sold at the TO to tourists going on the ground tour
no but they don't sell tickets at the TO!!!!