Author Topic: Re: FA Cup Draw  (Read 66275 times)

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Re: FA Cup Draw 2017/8
« Reply #80 on: December 7, 2017, 02:29:16 pm »
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/07/man-utds-fa-cup-clash-will-not-televised-12-year-run-comes/amp/

The clubs’ third-round tie has been chosen to stage a live trial of so-called Video Assistant Referees (VARs) from the televised fixtures shown by the BBC and BT between January 5-8.

Those will kick off with the Merseyside derby on the BBC on the night of Friday, January 5, which was deemed too high-profile a fixture to conduct English football’s first live VAR test.

Hmm, a bit controversial that!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #81 on: December 7, 2017, 02:32:04 pm »

The clubs’ third-round tie has been chosen to stage a live trial of so-called Video Assistant Referees (VARs) from the televised fixtures shown by the BBC and BT between January 5-8.

Those will kick off with the Merseyside derby on the BBC on the night of Friday, January 5, which was deemed too high-profile a fixture to conduct English football’s first live VAR test.

Hmm, a bit controversial that!

Slowcoach! :P
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #82 on: December 7, 2017, 02:48:27 pm »
That VAR trial is just Palace-Brighton not us, but it doesn't sound like that there!
We are a team of one half.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: December 7, 2017, 02:55:09 pm »
That VAR trial is just Palace-Brighton not us, but it doesn't sound like that there!

I know, but it sounds very controversial to select one all Premier League tie which has a big rivalry, and say another is too high-profile to do it, in the same competition and at the same stage.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 7, 2017, 02:59:38 pm »
I know, but it sounds very controversial to select one all Premier League tie which has a big rivalry, and say another is too high-profile to do it, in the same competition and at the same stage.

It's well dodgy. Plus imagine if we get some blatant decision going one way or the other which would have had a different outcome if there was VAR.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #85 on: December 7, 2017, 03:07:30 pm »
True. Maybe because ours is on first so then what do they do for the others if it all goes wrong. And they know we don't take things lying down!! :D

Offline kopitenkw

• lemurphobic
  • Kopite
« Reply #86 on: December 7, 2017, 04:45:48 pm »
It is now on the FA website that the Everton cup match will be on the Friday night:

''A bumper weekend of action kicks-off with the Merseyside derby at Anfield on Friday 5 January (7.55pm), a tie that will be broadcast live on BBC.''
« Last Edit: December 7, 2017, 04:55:22 pm by kopitenkw »

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #87 on: December 7, 2017, 05:12:15 pm »
Hoping ticket details will be released tomorrow now that we have the date. Friday night against Everton, atmosphere should be quality!
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: December 7, 2017, 05:31:32 pm »
Has anyone whose payment has failed had an email yet to advise them? Usually the ticket is in your basket when you log in but it isn't.
Thoughts?

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: December 7, 2017, 05:39:22 pm »
Has anyone whose payment has failed had an email yet to advise them? Usually the ticket is in your basket when you log in but it isn't.
Thoughts?

I saw the seat reserved in mine then it’s not there now. Not sure what is going on. Have they started taking auto cup payments yet for this?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: December 7, 2017, 05:44:29 pm »
The club sent out emails allocating seats, we only got 1 about 1 seat. I assumed it was a payment failure as I needed to update my card for that seat.

« Last Edit: December 7, 2017, 05:47:26 pm by John C »

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #91 on: December 7, 2017, 05:45:48 pm »
Happy with the Friday night, means I can go. Has anybodys auto cup came out yet? Had to change my details before, normally they email you if it fails dont they?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: December 7, 2017, 05:46:53 pm »
I haven’t had an email or anything yet about auto cup scheme payments

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: December 7, 2017, 06:23:02 pm »
No email and nothing in purchase history for me yet

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #94 on: December 7, 2017, 06:25:02 pm »
Had £48.00 authorized on my credit card this afternoon so they are running the payments

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 7, 2017, 07:37:03 pm »
Had £48.00 authorized on my credit card this afternoon so they are running the payments
Ta mate, prob get sorted tomorrow.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: December 8, 2017, 09:16:23 am »

I also have a pending transaction showing for today for the amount showing on their chart http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/domestic-cup-match-prices/cup-price-update for my ticket in the Main Stand Lower. So it looks as if they will try to take most if not all of the Auto Cup payments today.

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #97 on: December 8, 2017, 11:13:02 am »
When can we expect selling details for this? Surely Plymouth and Wolves will be used

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: December 8, 2017, 11:26:33 am »
need to find a boozer in Barbados to watch this one as will be on honeymoon.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #99 on: December 8, 2017, 12:28:09 pm »
need to find a boozer in Barbados to watch this one as will be on honeymoon.

You old romantic you

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #100 on: December 8, 2017, 01:08:35 pm »
Just had my email to say payment taken :)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: December 8, 2017, 01:10:12 pm »

Me too.

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #102 on: December 8, 2017, 02:15:59 pm »
When can we expect selling details for this? Surely Plymouth and Wolves will be used
Was hoping the details would be out by now. If Plymouth and Wolves aren't used, it'll be a travesty!

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #103 on: December 8, 2017, 04:15:19 pm »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 8, 2017, 04:26:13 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/283552-liverpool-v-everton-fa-cup-tie-ticket-details

Not going off past attendance in the Cup...   :butt

That’s fucking ridiculous - hopefully sense will be seen before the sale and it get updated like the champions league one was

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #105 on: December 8, 2017, 04:40:58 pm »
WOW...doesn't affect me as I'm on the ACS but I'm shocked that they haven't used past FA Cup attendance for this. I expected :

Plymouth and Wolves
Plymouth or Wolves
All season tickets
All members

Surely they'll change it?
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 8, 2017, 04:43:45 pm »
WOW...doesn't affect me as I'm on the ACS but I'm shocked that they haven't used past FA Cup attendance for this. I expected :

Plymouth and Wolves
Plymouth or Wolves
All season tickets
All members

Surely they'll change it?

You’d think so

Even if it was either or to start with

You have a league game with Everton on 4+ games and then announce a free for all for the cup?!

Whoever runs our ticket office is a total clown

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: December 8, 2017, 04:47:40 pm »
What a fucking joke! Is there a number to call where I can tell them what I think of that selling criteria?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 8, 2017, 04:51:08 pm »
Wow! I'm not looking to go to this but I'm shocked at that. Didn't they do the Auto Cup based on previous attendence ? CL was sold on EL attendence. Stupid not doing this on previous credits IMO

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #109 on: December 8, 2017, 04:53:19 pm »
Wow! I'm not looking to go to this but I'm shocked at that. Didn't they do the Auto Cup based on previous attendence ? CL was sold on EL attendence. Stupid not doing this on previous credits IMO

Yeah ACS was sold based on previous attendence. Im not sure if it dropped all the way down to members and thats the reason they feel that everyone with previous attendence already have had a chance?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #110 on: December 8, 2017, 04:53:51 pm »
This is a little odd to say the least

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #111 on: December 8, 2017, 05:02:32 pm »
Yeah ACS was sold based on previous attendence. Im not sure if it dropped all the way down to members and thats the reason they feel that everyone with previous attendence already have had a chance?

Didn't you need a pre requisite for Hoffenheim though? Sure they didn't start on a free for all

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 8, 2017, 05:05:07 pm »

Same

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #113 on: December 8, 2017, 05:06:23 pm »
Just spoken to the TO.... Their response "Historically the first home match in the Cup has been open to all members so we're keeping it that way" :no. I made the point that the first match isn't usually as high profile as Everton at home but it fell on deaf ears!

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #114 on: December 8, 2017, 05:06:43 pm »
Didn't you need a pre requisite for Hoffenheim though? Sure they didn't start on a free for all

Hoffenheim was for STH without any credits but the members sale started on 3 after that FCH with 3 and so on...

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: December 8, 2017, 05:06:50 pm »
What a fucking joke! Is there a number to call where I can tell them what I think of that selling criteria?

0151 708 7080

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 8, 2017, 05:07:48 pm »
Just spoken to the TO.... Historically the first home match in the Cup has been open to all members so they're keeping it that way. I made the point that the first match isn't usually as high profile as Everton at home but it fell on deaf ears!

what a load of bollocks

sit through Plymouth and Wolves and be fucked off when a decent draw comes around!!

edit - also if thats the case why have a pre req on the ACS for the cup?! and would it be a members free for all for a QF if all previous rounds were away from home?

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #117 on: December 8, 2017, 05:08:17 pm »
A sign of things to come this perhaps?

As part of the ‘club’s on-going commitment to improving the way tickets are sold and allocated’ seems to be the club’s buzz line at the moment.

Can see big changes ahead and they ain’t going to be for the good of everyone.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: December 8, 2017, 05:08:27 pm »
what a load of bollocks

sit through Plymouth and Wolves and be fucked off when a decent draw comes around!!

Almost exactly what I said!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 8, 2017, 05:11:41 pm »
A sign of things to come this perhaps?

As part of the ‘club’s on-going commitment to improving the way tickets are sold and allocated’ seems to be the club’s buzz line at the moment.

Can see big changes ahead and they ain’t going to be for the good of everyone.

i agree

Its not the fact i am screwed over here (although im bitter about it!) its the randomness of it. Make it clear at the start of the season what you're going to do. I agree for what its worth that it shouldnt be a closed shop for these games. But if they have 10,000 tickets to sell then split it. put 5000 on general and have a pre sale of 5000 to people with both. Something like that and you keep getting new supporters in

I do think that i am worrying for nothing as i suspect being a Friday night will see slower sales than we perhaps think and with it being on TV but its a pain in the arse