Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 175024 times)

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #560 on: June 3, 2015, 03:09:28 pm »
A 2 hour meeting doesn't seem to suggest they went too in depth into what went wrong last season either.

I think that the 2 hour meeting would have been a review, and signing off by all parties, of all the previously agreed points on a range of subjects to be honest. I would have thought that there would have been a long series of performance meetings throughout the season- for example a review of the transfers from last summer would not be conducted now when this summer's transfer process is well under way but probably around November/ December. In my opinion this would tie in with the noises coming out that Rodgers was safe, even straight after the Stoke debacle, that he would keep his job after the performance review if he accepted some changes- i.e. what has previously been agreed to be implemented. I think a lot of people are naive to think that everything would be reviewed and decided in one meeting, instituitions just aren't run that way.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2015, 03:13:31 pm by cdav »

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #561 on: June 3, 2015, 03:11:10 pm »
A 2 hour meeting doesn't seem to suggest they went too in depth into what went wrong last season either.
There could have been emails, phone calls and conference calls carried out over the last twelve months where all parties have an idea on where the problems lie, what could be better etc.

You don`t need to be in the same room in this day and age to carry out business.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #562 on: June 3, 2015, 03:12:43 pm »
I want to see things improving. I realize Rodgers is young, but then he need to demonstrate an ability to learn from mistakes and I'm not sure about that. He did get the defense sorted for quite a while in the winter, which is a huge positive. But our scouting and focus on recruiting from midtable PL teams is just dumb and wasteful, and it doesn't seem to change. Benteke and Ings would be more of the same that has kept us out of top four, ever since Kenny decided that Downing and Carroll is the future of football.

After three years, I also don't buy any arguments around TC or DoF or anything else in the organization. He's the manager and a very large part of managing a big club is being able to set up an efficient organization with competent people. After three years, Rodgers has had enough time to change what he wants to change. If FSG is preventing him from that, he should have the guts to resign.

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: June 3, 2015, 03:13:29 pm »
Last summer spending spree was a complete disaster, blame it on the committe  is all well and good but as BR has stated he has the final say, is he a yes man, I believe he is. And in my opinion the buck stops with him. This season no rhythm heart or flow in the side at all, especially in the later stages of the season. Our leading goal scorer an ageing SG has now gone, just where are the goals going to come from next season. Our midfield is weak lightweight and gets a nose bleed in front of goal. Our defence is terrible. The attack of Sturridge who is injury prone end of, the rest aren't up to standard.

Three years BR has had to build a side and if this is the best he can come up with he will be gone by xmas.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #564 on: June 3, 2015, 03:14:47 pm »

Another thing for me is the lack of a plan when it comes to the team. After 3 years I still have absolutely no idea what philosophy we present on the pitch. Are we an attacking team that likes possession, are we counter attacking team that plays on the break, are we a team that focuses on attack, we're clearly not a team concerned with defending. Do we play 3-4-3? Do we play 4-2-3-1? Do we play 4-3-3. I think we've tried every formation in the manual. It's a concern for me. What's our plan going forward? It's nice to see they all have a plan to go forward now, great, didn't we have a plan to all go forward when Rodgers arrived? What happened to that plan? What went wrong with that plan?

This is a concern for me. I don't know what sort of philosophy we're supposed to have at the moment. I think we need to find a way of playing and stick with a formation and build from there. No chopping and changing formations, alienating players and playing them out of position. Find away to get a balance between defence and attack and stick with it. Even if it means we might lose to a rival along the way. Don't be going ripping things up and staring again after one bad result. That's what I think anyway.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #565 on: June 3, 2015, 03:15:06 pm »
There could have been emails, phone calls and conference calls carried out over the last twelve months where all parties have an idea on where the problems lie, what could be better etc.

You don`t need to be in the same room in this day and age to carry out business.

Exactly so why leak the story to the usual suspects and undermine the manager unless that is what you intend to do.

Sadly sticking the knife into disposable employees seems to be the FSG way.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7092528/terry-francona-victim-latest-red-sox-smear-campaign

BOSTON -- Terry Francona is paying a dear price for deviating, however briefly, from the script.

He was supposed to say the decision to end his eight-year run as Red Sox manager was all his, and leave it at that. Instead, he said that he wasn't sure ownership had his back, suggesting that the reason he walked out the door was because it was held wide open for him.
The allegations against Terry Francona are the latest example of the Red Sox smearing someone on the way out. AP Photo/Bizuayehu Tesfaye

Well, that obviously didn't sit well with some people in the highest reaches of Sox management, for now we are told in Wednesday's editions of the Boston Globe that not only did the Red Sox collapse in September, but that Francona's troubled marriage and his use of pain medication may have been contributing factors.

This is how it's done, Tito, Boston-style. No one ever escapes clean, regardless of what you might have accomplished here. (See Garciaparra, Nomar, 2004.)

On Sept. 2, when the Red Sox held a nine-game lead in the wild card over the Tampa Bay Rays, no one was talking about Francona's alleged issues with his wife. That was considered his private business. What a concept.

But "team sources" somehow were able to link Red Sox starters' ERA of 7.08 in September -- almost a full run higher than the next worst starters' ERA in the league (6.09, Orioles) -- to the fact that Francona spent some nights in a Brookline hotel instead of in his home. This, even though the Sox went 81-42 over a four-month stretch during which Francona was ordering room service.

Never mind that if job performance was measured by healthy marriages, this country would be in huge trouble, given the high divorce rate. Or that if baseball teams were required only to use players free from marital discord, many would be hard-pressed to fill their lineup cards.

Funny, but when owner John W. Henry filed for divorce from his second wife, no one raised the issue of whether he was distracted from his money management business or his ballclub. And wouldn't you know, the year he filed, 2007, the Red Sox won their second World Series on his watch.

Could Francona's personal issues have contributed to his decision not to fight to stay in Boston? He said as much, without going into detail. Would we have heard about them in anywhere but the gossip pages if the Sox were in the playoffs now? Of course not.

Perhaps even more harmful to Francona, and his future job prospects, were "team sources" expressing concerns to the Globe about his use of pain medication, the implication that the manager may have been abusing that medication.

Such information could only have been known by a very few -- Francona's employers, and his doctors and trainers. That either party would share such sensitive material certainly smells like a breach of patient confidentiality; Francona's lawyer might one day argue as much.

The Globe contacted Francona about the team's alleged concerns. Francona, according to the story, reacted strongly, noting that he has used pain medication for years due to knee and back issues stemming from the double-digit knee surgeries he has had, including knee replacements.

"I went and saw the proper people and it was not an issue,'' Francona said of his use of pain medication. "It never became an issue, and anybody who knew what was going on knows that.''

Makes you wonder how much trust Sox players will have in their medical staff going forward, knowing that any issues they might have could be fair game for public consumption.

It evidently was not enough for Francona to acknowledge that he was unable to impact the clubhouse culture the way he once had, to take responsibility for a breakdown of accountability and an absence of leadership that transformed a dream season into a nightmare he was unable to prevent. All legitimate reasons for Sox ownership to be disinclined to exercise the two-year option they held on his contract.

And Francona, in his farewell press conference, acknowledged there were "personal" issues that also made him feel like coming back might not have been the best course for either side.

But the slime bucket is never far from reach on Yawkey Way, as Francona is learning first-hand. Reached by Joe McDonald of ESPNBoston.com Wednesday morning, Francona declined comment.

He is through with Boston, even if "team sources" may not be through skewering him. Francona in the end took it from all sides -- from the players who violated his trust, from the players who did not intervene like they do on winning teams and call the miscreants to account, to the highest levels of management whose sense of decency apparently went on hiatus at the end.

"I think people are starting to recognize there's a pattern here. All of a sudden it becomes personal, especially with guys who have had so much success in that uniform," Garciaparra said on "SportsCenter" Wednesday.

"If we want to go down the list ... now we're hearing about Terry Francona, before Terry ... it was Johnny Damon, before him you had Derek Lowe, you had Pedro Martinez, you had Manny Ramirez, you had myself, then you had Mo Vaughn, then you had Roger Clemens, then you had Jim Rice, Carl Yastrzemski, and oh, by the way, one Ted Williams.

"So the list is pretty good, pretty prestigious, but it seems to happen. So there's a pattern. Is it all these guys that are bad or is there something more here?"

Gordon Edes covered the Red Sox for ESPNBoston.com.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: June 3, 2015, 03:16:32 pm »
I think that the 2 hour meeting would have been a review, and signing off by all parties, of all the previously agreed points on a range of subjects to be honest. I would have thought that there would have been a long series of performance meetings throughout the season- for example a review of the transfers from last summer would not be conducted now when this summer's transfer process is well under way but probably around November/ December. In my opinion this would tie in with the noises coming out that Rodgers was safe, even straight after the Stoke debacle, that he would keep his job after the performance review if he accepted some changes- i.e. what has previously been agreed to be implemented. I think a lot of people are naive to think that everything would be reviewed and decided in one meeting, instituitions just aren't run that way.

Aye, yeah. Your probably right.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #567 on: June 3, 2015, 03:17:52 pm »
Last summer spending spree was a complete disaster, blame it on the committe  is all well and good but as BR has stated he has the final say, is he a yes man, I believe he is. And in my opinion the buck stops with him. This season no rhythm heart or flow in the side at all, especially in the later stages of the season. Our leading goal scorer an ageing SG has now gone, just where are the goals going to come from next season. Our midfield is weak lightweight and gets a nose bleed in front of goal. Our defence is terrible. The attack of Sturridge who is injury prone end of, the rest aren't up to standard.

Three years BR has had to build a side and if this is the best he can come up with he will be gone by xmas.

If the manager has the final say then who had the final say on bids for players, contract renewals and talks with Milner and Ings when Brendan's job was under review ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: June 3, 2015, 03:20:11 pm »

So your saying, Rodgers has the final say, but you believe he is a "Yes man" and therefore it`s all his fault?

If he was a "Yes man", it wouldn`t be his decision, he would be agreeing with someone else`s decision?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: June 3, 2015, 03:20:39 pm »
If the manager has the final say then who had the final say on bids for players, contract renewals and talks with Milner and Ings when Brendan's job was under review ?

They reviewed the season, not the job. Role reviews are very different to performance reviews (well they are in my industry)
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #570 on: June 3, 2015, 03:23:15 pm »
Onwards and upwards.

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: June 3, 2015, 03:24:18 pm »

And who said his job was under review didn't BR quote he was 100 and 50 percent certain his position was secure. The problem as I see it these yank owners know nothing of football, stats and figures yes.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: June 3, 2015, 03:26:58 pm »
This could have gone either way with valid reason. The club have stuck with him, so now we have to back him no matter what anyone thinks should have happened.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: June 3, 2015, 03:27:07 pm »
Good news.

Sign some goals and we go again next season.  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: June 3, 2015, 03:27:17 pm »
Onwards and upwards.
Yep, that`s we need Sian, quit the in fighting, look forward, back Rodgers and the lads on the pitch.

The squabbling does fuck all but hinder.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #575 on: June 3, 2015, 03:28:10 pm »
There was no better way for Fsg to cover their own arses and their own inability in the transfer market than sacking Brendan and appointing some crowd favorite who`d give them a 2 year leeway all the while the punters keep thinking the problem was just the manager not the lack of owners` will to sign the top class players we`re missing out on that these managers need to compete.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #576 on: June 3, 2015, 03:28:28 pm »
They reviewed the season, not the job. Role reviews are very different to performance reviews (well they are in my industry)

Isn't it exactly what happened to Kenny he was asked for his opinion of where things went wrong and what he planned to do to put things right.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline liverpool_nZ

• Main Stander
« Reply #577 on: June 3, 2015, 03:33:09 pm »
What a bunch of pseudo positive bollocks that stinks of dejavu and mediocrity acceptance, and just because you're self-aware of this attitude being called that, doesn't make it any less true or honorable, it makes it all the more dire that you lot are getting converted and content to watch this shambolic demise of a once prestigious glorious winning club.

Here goes another season of disappointment and enduring endless euphemisms, cliches, turd polishing and the  "character" and "quality" speach every post match interview.

F**k sake FSG. Sorry to say it, but we need owners who are genuinely interested in football, who want to see the club WIN. RA might be a classless mobster or whatever. But he sure as hell wants Chelsea to win and isn't afraid to do what it takes.

We've got a bunch of businessmen running the show. Dortmund was owned by the fans and so should Liverpool. Not by businessmen.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2015, 03:36:09 pm by liverpool_nZ »

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #578 on: June 3, 2015, 03:35:15 pm »
You`re right. 3 world series in 12 years. What do they know about sports.

Offline Red Sox

• Main Stander
  • welcome to the heighway .........
« Reply #579 on: June 3, 2015, 03:35:34 pm »
So the experiment that is Rodgers continues, maybe the Yanks don't want to lose face, cos he's their man. Either way,  can't see anything other than another disappointing season, unless we get another Suarez (never gonna happen)
   Don't know who is advising these Americans, but whoever it is, knows fuck all about football. 

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #580 on: June 3, 2015, 03:36:56 pm »

What has World Series got to do with the post you quoted.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline mjjason

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: June 3, 2015, 03:37:35 pm »
What a bunch of pseudo positive bollocks that stinks of dejavu and mediocrity acceptance, and just because you're self-aware of this attitude being called that, doesn't make it any less true or honorable, it makes it all the more dire that you lot are getting converted and content to watch this shambolic demise of a once prestigious glorious winning club.

Here goes another season of disappointment and enduring endless euphemisms, cliches, turd polishing and the  "character" and "quality" speach every post match interview.

F**k sake FSG. Sorry to say it, but we need owners who are genuinely interested in football, who want to see the club WIN. RA might be a classless mobster or whatever. But he sure as hell wants Chelsea to win and isn't afraid to do what it takes.

We've got a bunch of businessmen running the show. Dortmund was owned by the fans and so should Liverpool. Not by businessmen.
So as a fan I wanted Rodgers to stay.  That's that then.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #582 on: June 3, 2015, 03:37:54 pm »

So Baseball = Football now!

Offline liverpool_nZ

• Main Stander
« Reply #583 on: June 3, 2015, 03:37:56 pm »

Baseball is a completely different sport to football. They know nothing of the personalities of football, or the game, or what it takes. Football is FAR more complex than baseball. There's no comparison.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #584 on: June 3, 2015, 03:38:48 pm »
What has World Series got to do with the post you quoted.

To show they are not just businessmen. Sport is sport, principles of running sport enterprises are the same. They are not some random bankers, they are extremely successful in a sport and a league just competitive as this one.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: June 3, 2015, 03:39:27 pm »
Isn't it exactly what happened to Kenny he was asked for his opinion of where things went wrong and what he planned to do to put things right.

I honestly don't know. No one really does hence my earlier post on this as whole
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=321579.msg13899790#msg13899790

We may never know everything. We won't ever know what the meeting briefs were or know if they kicked peoples arses from here to eternity in a room.

Do your meetings with your boss get minuted and sent into the public domain for digestion?  :)
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline liverpool_nZ

• Main Stander
« Reply #586 on: June 3, 2015, 03:40:47 pm »
To show they are not just businessmen. Sport is sport, principles of running sport enterprises are the same. They are not some random bankers, they are extremely successful in a sport and a league just competitive as this one.

In what reality and dimension are you from to compare MLB to EPL and Baseball to Football? Mindless and pointless. This is the sort of clueless logic going on in the club right now. Rot.

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
« Reply #587 on: June 3, 2015, 03:41:31 pm »
Just now was the first time I've looked at news now where there hasn't been a link to benteke for days. That's a start I suppose.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #588 on: June 3, 2015, 03:43:05 pm »

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: June 3, 2015, 03:52:18 pm »
We went for Klopp.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: June 3, 2015, 03:59:24 pm »
Just get back to Champions league LFC. That's all I ask for.  :'(

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #591 on: June 3, 2015, 04:00:08 pm »
We went for Klopp.

Brendan's a lucky guy if true.

Lets hope that luck carries forward into the season!
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: June 3, 2015, 04:01:13 pm »
Just now was the first time I've looked at news now where there hasn't been a link to benteke for days. That's a start I suppose.

Calm before the storm...

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: June 3, 2015, 04:06:26 pm »
I don't give a fuck if sign Benteke, Ings or Milner. I think all three of them are good players. Just get us in the Champions league Brendan. That's where we belong.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #594 on: June 3, 2015, 04:11:06 pm »
There's a lot of angry, disaffected supporters at the moment. Rightly or wrongly most of that anger is directed at the current manager.

It's been touched on within this thread but I think Rodger's is on a hiding to nothing. A lot of the fan base are against him. At lot of the fan base are spitting feathers that Rodgers has been given another season.

He's going to have a near impossible task to turn round the opinions of a significant proportion of the fan base. The propensity for people to want to be proved right and the stark realisation that our current resources are smaller than 4 other teams in the league make his task almost impossible.

Personally, I'd be happy with +70 points and an improvement and consistency in our style of football. That would be the same in Rodgers, Klopp, Ancelotti or A.N. Other was our manager next season. Reading between the lines I get the impression from some fans that it would need a season on 2013-14 levels to change opinion on Rodgers. Even then it may only be a fleeting reprieve before he suffers any further setbacks.

I was non-plussed about whether he stayed or not. If 'better' managers were not available than I saw no plausible reason to sack him. However, given the reaction over the last 24 hours I worry that not sacking him will cause huge divisions in the supporter base. We've been there before with Houllier and Benitez in particular, and it wasn't really a healthy situation for anyone. With more prominent availability of social media I can only see that division being magnified further compared with the Houllier and Benitez cases.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #595 on: June 3, 2015, 04:14:41 pm »
Just get back to Champions league LFC. That's all I ask for.  :'(

It'll be a tall order lets be honest. Chelsea and City have bought their way in there and will be tough to dislodge (City the only one with any chance of having some sort of implosion). United will spend big again. The last time Arsenal didn't qualify for it was two sets of teeth ago for Brendan!

We also can't control what they do apart from when we play them. Improve our points total against them, aim for mid 70ish points and see what that brings us.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: June 3, 2015, 04:18:07 pm »
Brendan's a lucky guy if true.

It's true.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: June 3, 2015, 04:19:55 pm »
It's true.

Have you got any proof mate?

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: June 3, 2015, 04:27:03 pm »
Have you got any proof mate?
:P

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FZ6aKCoRMuI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FZ6aKCoRMuI</a>
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Staz19

• Kemlynite
« Reply #599 on: June 3, 2015, 04:31:49 pm »
Baseball is a completely different sport to football. They know nothing of the personalities of football, or the game, or what it takes. Football is FAR more complex than baseball. There's no comparison.

How is it more complex? Curious to hear the rationale behind that statement.

The whole "different sport in a different country" argument for FSG's shortcomings is an easy lob to express discontent. Let's not forget that so far, they have eradicated our debt issues, made plans to expand the stadium, and provided some form of organizational stability to a club that lacked it for well over a decade. Granted, you can question some personnel and managerial decisions while under their watch, but have those come from FSG or the people they have employed? Do you really think John Henry was making baseball-related decisions at any point in time for the Red Sox? The guy was a soy bean futures trader. He doesn't know baseball or football. But he knows value and understands process. A couple of cogs may need to be fixed, but the overall system is far from disrepair. Especially in comparison to the last regime.