Author Topic: Kodi / XBMC  (Read 606991 times)

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kodi / XBMC
« Reply #4440 on: September 16, 2017, 10:17:51 pm »
Ta for the replies. My box was just a budget box that Tedmus recommended (brilliant recommendation as well) to me on here about a year ago, think it cost about £30 if that. So I have had my moneys worth and then some out of it tbf. I'm not the most patient to be honest either so trying to do aynthing technical/long-winded to upgrade it (as latest Kodi is not compatible) is not something I can be arsed with to be honest! ;D Spent loads of time this morning trying to sort it but couldn't manage it, its gone a little slow after a year of being used a fair bit. I will keep it as there's still some add ons I can use for tv shows/movies etc so will keep it as a spare or put it in another room.

Probably gonna go with the stick for the price as well and give Amazon Prime video a go. Netflix has gone shite.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4441 on: September 16, 2017, 10:54:50 pm »
Ta for the replies. My box was just a budget box that Tedmus recommended (brilliant recommendation as well) to me on here about a year ago, think it cost about £30 if that. So I have had my moneys worth and then some out of it tbf. I'm not the most patient to be honest either so trying to do aynthing technical/long-winded to upgrade it (as latest Kodi is not compatible) is not something I can be arsed with to be honest! ;D Spent loads of time this morning trying to sort it but couldn't manage it, its gone a little slow after a year of being used a fair bit. I will keep it as there's still some add ons I can use for tv shows/movies etc so will keep it as a spare or put it in another room.

Probably gonna go with the stick for the price as well and give Amazon Prime video a go. Netflix has gone shite.

Download firedl off the app store and then all you have to do is put a code in to get a fork,worth doing even if you do get a stick.Amazon prime is well worth the money but you can also just keep signing up at the end of each free trial using a different email,same everything just a new email.

You're only saving yourself £79 (if you pay it in one go) but that's £79 in your pocket and not one of the richest men in the worlds.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline qwerty_in_advance

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4442 on: September 17, 2017, 08:04:10 am »
Download firedl off the app store and then all you have to do is put a code in to get a fork,worth doing even if you do get a stick.Amazon prime is well worth the money but you can also just keep signing up at the end of each free trial using a different email,same everything just a new email.

You're only saving yourself £79 (if you pay it in one go) but that's £79 in your pocket and not one of the richest men in the worlds.

And if you have a Gmail address it's even easier. Don't have to create multiple emails just add a . When signing up to Amazon. So if your email is RobbieFowler@gmail.com create a new Amazon account Robbie.Fowler@gmail.com. Amazon will recognise it as a new account you'll get another 30 day prime trial but because Gmail don't accept the dot You'll still get emails to your original RobbieFowler@gmail.com email address.
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #4443 on: September 17, 2017, 07:27:05 pm »
Anythin else other than Exodus / Covenant to watch the latest films / TV on Kodi using a Firestick??

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4444 on: September 17, 2017, 09:37:30 pm »
Anythin else other than Exodus / Covenant to watch the latest films / TV on Kodi using a Firestick??

Elektra Vault is brilliant for HD/1080p movies,MaverickTV & openload are also quality as are those listed below above  ;D and if all else fails SALTS.

You should look at installing the TerrariumTV,Showbox and MoviesHD apps,get them and you will rarely open kodi up.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 09:49:56 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #4445 on: September 19, 2017, 04:20:25 pm »
not sure if this is the right thread so please feel free to move...
have been thinking about getting one of those Amazon fire sticks. I then stumbled across this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Globmall-Wireless-X1-Bluetooth-AmlogicS905X-Black/dp/B06XPBRPKS/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1505834278&sr=1-8&keywords=android+boxes) on amazon and wanted to gauge views on a) if thats good value and b) whats better. 

I'll mainly be using either device for:

Mobdro
Showbox
Popcorn
etc

thanks all!
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4446 on: September 19, 2017, 04:33:43 pm »
not sure if this is the right thread so please feel free to move...
have been thinking about getting one of those Amazon fire sticks. I then stumbled across this (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Globmall-Wireless-X1-Bluetooth-AmlogicS905X-Black/dp/B06XPBRPKS/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1505834278&sr=1-8&keywords=android+boxes) on amazon and wanted to gauge views on a) if thats good value and b) whats better. 

I'll mainly be using either device for:

Mobdro
Showbox
Popcorn
etc

thanks all!

If you're going to be using wifi then the stick is much better.

Offline Owenjg77

• Main Stander
« Reply #4447 on: September 19, 2017, 05:22:34 pm »
Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of the best current add ons for KODI?

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #4448 on: September 19, 2017, 05:32:07 pm »
If you're going to be using wifi then the stick is much better.

yep will be using WiFi. I've heard that Showbox in particular is quite difficult to navigate using the Fire stick, does Alexa Voice remote get round that?
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4449 on: September 19, 2017, 05:46:40 pm »
yep will be using WiFi. I've heard that Showbox in particular is quite difficult to navigate using the Fire stick, does Alexa Voice remote get round that?

You just need mouse toggle to be able to use Showbox and MoviesHD,it's free and easy to install using firedl and code 300008.PM when you're ready to install and I will put together some instructions so you can put 7 of the best tv/movie and livetv/sport apps plus the players/codecs.

Alexa doesn't work with any of the sideloaded apps

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #4450 on: September 19, 2017, 06:05:43 pm »
You just need mouse toggle to be able to use Showbox and MoviesHD,it's free and easy to install using firedl and code 300008.PM when you're ready to install and I will put together some instructions so you can put 7 of the best tv/movie and livetv/sport apps plus the players/codecs.

Alexa doesn't work with any of the sideloaded apps
Thank you!!! Drop you a pm nearer the time
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline lloydiethe1st

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4451 on: September 26, 2017, 09:09:45 am »
Does anyone know a good app for Kodi or an android box in general to watch full games ASAP after they have finished? Ares football isn't what it used to be and 'football replays' wasn't as quick as I thought it would be. Living in New Zealand so getting up at 3am every week simply isn't going to happen!
"Djimi gives us another dimension, we're just not sure of what that dimension is!"

"If some laboratory ever tried to invent the perfect football fan, they'd struggle to better what I've seen at Liverpool."

http://HDTV.Giveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=204117

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4452 on: September 26, 2017, 09:29:55 am »
Does anyone know a good app for Kodi or an android box in general to watch full games ASAP after they have finished? Ares football isn't what it used to be and 'football replays' wasn't as quick as I thought it would be. Living in New Zealand so getting up at 3am every week simply isn't going to happen!

Football today is a kodi add-on,they get the games up pretty quick but you need to pair your device to watch the most recent ones & after a few days you no longer have to pair.

I have THIS saved on my phone.

It is in the Colossal repo.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4453 on: September 28, 2017, 10:34:53 am »
Out of curiosity. Those who still have the StreamHub addon can you please check if the LiveTV section and the 24/7TV one works for you? Ta.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4454 on: September 30, 2017, 12:46:43 am »

Castaway have a really good replay "on demand" section that covers a wide range of sports. They're usually quick to add the games. I'm not sure if you can install it anymore or not though.

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #4455 on: September 30, 2017, 10:51:10 am »

Release Hub has a good sports section, often use it to watch UFC events the morning after.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4456 on: October 8, 2017, 08:53:11 pm »
On the latest update (17.4v) on Covenant and getting the "no stream available" for stuff again. Tried a popular fix (clear cache, providers, turn off captcha searches etc.) but now even stuff I could previously get on is unavailable. Any fixes?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4457 on: October 8, 2017, 08:56:31 pm »
On the latest update (17.4v) on Covenant and getting the "no stream available" for stuff again. Tried a popular fix (clear cache, providers, turn off captcha searches etc.) but now even stuff I could previously get on is unavailable. Any fixes?

I will test mine in a bit but when I get that the first thing I always do is force an update even if there isn't a new update.

Just tested it on GOT episode 1 and got half a dozen HD gvideo links and loads of others.Also got decent results for The Dark Tower.

If forcing an update doesn't work then go into settings and change the provider/scraper timeout to at least 30,I always set mine to 36 just because I like the number ;)
« Last Edit: October 8, 2017, 09:10:46 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4458 on: October 9, 2017, 10:11:12 pm »

Had this yesterday also. It wasn't working.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #4459 on: October 13, 2017, 05:03:39 pm »
I use Terrarium TV all the time now to watch all my films and TV show get no problems at all with it.

Even better now that they have stopped the ads popping up when you were watching something.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline scotkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4460 on: October 17, 2017, 02:34:48 pm »
What’s the best app right now for live football?

Online bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4461 on: October 17, 2017, 06:25:03 pm »
I use Terrarium TV all the time now to watch all my films and TV show get no problems at all with it.

Even better now that they have stopped the ads popping up when you were watching something.

I've started using it aswell,have had no bother with it so far.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #4462 on: October 18, 2017, 06:34:58 pm »
What’s the best app right now for live football?

Shameless bump  :-*
i have kodi on my PC & just put it on a firestick for a mate..
sportsdevil, covenant, elysium, ares..
but for sport it's always a pain  :no .. no stream etc.. i've done the usual tweaks in settings but still usually zero !
So any pointer's or help be sound....  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4463 on: October 18, 2017, 09:50:28 pm »
Shameless bump  :-*
i have kodi on my PC & just put it on a firestick for a mate..
sportsdevil, covenant, elysium, ares..
but for sport it's always a pain  :no .. no stream etc.. i've done the usual tweaks in settings but still usually zero !
So any pointer's or help be sound....  :wave

Rising Tides is usually spot on & MaverickTV (sports,tv,movies) and I have been using Poseidon recently for movies/tv,it is an Exodus fork that uses the nan scrapers,plenty of 1080p and loads of 720s in the results.

Have you checked that your modem firewall/child filters are off (the isps all call their version differently) ? 

And you should tell your mate to put these live tv apps onto his stick  UKTVnow,Livenettv & swift streamz are all pretty good for the footy & Mobdro is ok but they block during the football (works with vpn).

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4464 on: October 19, 2017, 10:30:49 am »
Thing is to find a sport add on that works come game time. So far I would say only Sportsdevil if he finds a working link. LiveTV.ru is a good shout.

Reinstalled StreamHub yesterday and has mobdro in it. Works fine but doesn't have all the channels I would have if I had the actual mobdro app on my phone or tablet. Haven't tested it yet during footy.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #4465 on: October 19, 2017, 08:12:34 pm »
Rising Tides is usually spot on & MaverickTV (sports,tv,movies) and I have been using Poseidon recently for movies/tv,it is an Exodus fork that uses the nan scrapers,plenty of 1080p and loads of 720s in the results.
And you should tell your mate to put these live tv apps onto his stick  UKTVnow,Livenettv & swift streamz are all pretty good for the footy & Mobdro is ok but they block during the football (works with vpn).

Thanks...  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #4466 on: October 28, 2017, 06:17:12 pm »

Anyone using fire tv have problems with the network share? I go to add source > browse > windows network (smb) but there is nothing there. I do exactly the same on my laptop and it displays WD nas drive I have connected to the router.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #4467 on: October 30, 2017, 02:29:32 pm »
Anyone using fire tv have problems with the network share? I go to add source > browse > windows network (smb) but there is nothing there. I do exactly the same on my laptop and it displays WD nas drive I have connected to the router.

I've had terrible trouble with that since switching to Windows 10. Seems to just work when it feels like. Usually a reboot of my laptop/pc works, but after a few days it loses connection again. It's a pain in the arse. Not sure if it's a W10 problem or a Kodi problem.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4468 on: October 30, 2017, 02:43:14 pm »

Have you tried turning adb debugging on and off ?

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4469 on: November 3, 2017, 09:27:53 pm »
Possibly a noob question, but my firesrtick reset itself a few days ago and I had to reinstall everything kodi included. So I’m setting up the beast again and I get to the part when I install from zip file, I do that but it then only says app ‘updated’ rather than ‘enabled’. I then have no beast wizard in my addons. Any solutions?

I’m fairly sure I’ve had this problem before but can remember how I got around it. Any help greatly appreciated.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4470 on: November 3, 2017, 09:39:15 pm »
Possibly a noob question, but my firesrtick reset itself a few days ago and I had to reinstall everything kodi included. So I’m setting up the beast again and I get to the part when I install from zip file, I do that but it then only says app ‘updated’ rather than ‘enabled’. I then have no beast wizard in my addons. Any solutions?

I’m fairly sure I’ve had this problem before but can remember how I got around it. Any help greatly appreciated.

Been a while since I touched anything that racist manc twat put out but you should find the wizard in the program add-ons no ? IF all else fails just find an install video on youtube and follow the steps exactly.

Do you still have to register on his site ?
« Last Edit: November 3, 2017, 09:41:18 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4471 on: November 3, 2017, 09:44:09 pm »

I would check addons to see if all the addons are still their.
The problem maybe the skin settings which have stopped the Beasts skin from being displayed.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4472 on: November 3, 2017, 09:48:00 pm »
I would check addons to see if all the addons are still their.
The problem maybe the skin settings which have stopped the Beasts skin from being displayed.

I think that he is just stuck getting the Wizard up and running.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4473 on: November 3, 2017, 09:52:25 pm »
I think that he is just stuck getting the Wizard up and running.
I see, sorry,just glanced and thought it was more about the skin not displaying.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4474 on: November 3, 2017, 09:59:28 pm »
A bit of advice for any of you that like to make a build your own.Install adblink onto your computer and you can then back the build up and put it on/restore it to as many devices as you want.I always set up a fresh folder on my desktop,I put it on the desktop so it is easy to access through the program.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4475 on: November 4, 2017, 10:26:52 am »
Been months since Elysium properly worked. Only the My Elysium works and the calendar. Its search feature doesn't work, neither the categories which makes it 90% useless. Why on earth haven't they bothered to fix it? Oh well. I know there are other add ons but this one used to be top notch.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #4476 on: November 4, 2017, 04:03:16 pm »
Covenant struggling for me now. Best alternative?
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4477 on: November 4, 2017, 04:09:55 pm »
Covenant struggling for me now. Best alternative?

Elysium and Covenant both work better if you sign up for an alluc account and put the details into the add-ons.Best alternatives for me are Deathstreams and Poseidon & for just movies StrictlyHD is superb,it only gives 720 and 1080p results.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4478 on: November 5, 2017, 12:24:41 pm »
Bought the new firestick yesterday and gonna have a play with it this afternoon. What’s the easiest/safest way to install the latest version of Kodi?

Cheers.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4479 on: November 5, 2017, 01:29:43 pm »
Bought the new firestick yesterday and gonna have a play with it this afternoon. What’s the easiest/safest way to install the latest version of Kodi?

Cheers.

I always use Es File Explorer and add https://kodi.tv/download/ to its favourites and then scan down to older releases (you get the latest) --> Adrdoid --> Arm --> kodi-17.5.1-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk

Or you can use firedl or the downloader app,if you use the downloader app you want to be putting this into it http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/