Author Topic: Kodi / XBMC  (Read 607125 times)

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kodi / XBMC
« Reply #4400 on: August 20, 2017, 08:46:02 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good VPN?
So many people recommending so many different ones tell me most of them are decent, but I've seen a few say they've looked into it big style and cone to the conclusion that Nord VPN is one of the best.

Offline qwerty_in_advance

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4401 on: August 20, 2017, 09:10:47 pm »
So many people recommending so many different ones tell me most of them are decent, but I've seen a few say they've looked into it big style and cone to the conclusion that Nord VPN is one of the best.

Plenty offer free trials. Express VPN offer 7days & VPN unlimited I think is also 7days. A lot depends on device you want to use it on
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Online gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #4402 on: August 20, 2017, 09:31:50 pm »
Where are you meant to install the VPN? On a Firestick, which is where I'll be using Kodi.  Or does installing a VPN on a phone that is connected to the same wifi network do the job?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4403 on: August 20, 2017, 09:37:32 pm »
Where are you meant to install the VPN? On a Firestick, which is where I'll be using Kodi.  Or does installing a VPN on a phone that is connected to the same wifi network do the job?

You'll need to install it on the device your wanting to use Kodi on so on your firestick. If you have a 1st gen firestick I have a feeling they don't support VPN. 2nd gen firestick & FireTV BDO though.
“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.”

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4404 on: August 20, 2017, 09:48:51 pm »

Cheers,thanks for that.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4405 on: August 20, 2017, 09:50:34 pm »
Anyone tried casting kodi from laptop to TV using Chromecast.
Searches tell me to download Google cast Beta but cant find the extension in google.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4406 on: August 21, 2017, 09:12:00 pm »
Just put this in here for people looking to get a vpn,IPVanish are currently giving 50% off so you can get a year for $39,it ends on the 23rd.

https://www.ipvanish.com/privacy-first/?a_aid=BFK2016&a_bid=48f95966

It's the easiest one to use on the Fire stick as they have the app in the Amazon store.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ScouserAlec

• Kopite
« Reply #4407 on: August 21, 2017, 09:17:15 pm »
Does it work on the 1st gen firestick? (IPVanish)
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4408 on: August 21, 2017, 09:36:45 pm »
No. has to be a 2nd generation.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4409 on: August 21, 2017, 09:51:02 pm »

Pretty sure that it has to be 2nd Gen but if you search IPvanish on the stick using the magnifying glass (top left home page) and it shows up in the results it would work because it only gives results for things your stick can handle.If it does let you install it and then it doesn't work you can get your money back as it has a 7 day money back guarantee.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #4410 on: August 22, 2017, 08:05:57 am »
I couldnt get on with a VPN on the fire box.  Constantly buffering and server hopping with no success.  In fact, i think it was IP Vanish i used.  I have a solid 80 mb download, when connected to the numerous servers the speed was awful.  I constantly changed servers in the hope to find a solid one.  Always ended up turning the VPN off out of frustration just to watch what i wanted.  I understand that if one server works one day, it could be under heavy load the next day, which means you do need to play with it to get it connected properly.  I was using this on my first gen fire box.

I really want a solid VPN service that i dont have to faff about with every time i turn the box on (ie constantly searching servers).  Maybe i was getting errors due to the box being a first gen?  Im certainly willing to give IP Vanish a try again, if i can be swayed that i was doing something wrong.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4411 on: August 22, 2017, 08:53:34 am »
I use TurboVPN on my Firebox and it's generally pretty good. Last night I had to change streams a few times but nothing that ruined the game for me. I get about 40mbps on my Fibre Optic. I've got no complaints.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4412 on: August 22, 2017, 09:53:35 am »
I couldnt get on with a VPN on the fire box.  Constantly buffering and server hopping with no success.  In fact, i think it was IP Vanish i used.  I have a solid 80 mb download, when connected to the numerous servers the speed was awful.  I constantly changed servers in the hope to find a solid one.  Always ended up turning the VPN off out of frustration just to watch what i wanted.  I understand that if one server works one day, it could be under heavy load the next day, which means you do need to play with it to get it connected properly.  I was using this on my first gen fire box.

I really want a solid VPN service that i dont have to faff about with every time i turn the box on (ie constantly searching servers).  Maybe i was getting errors due to the box being a first gen?  Im certainly willing to give IP Vanish a try again, if i can be swayed that i was doing something wrong.

I've just signed up so I will let you know later how I get on with it.It is bound to work better than before though as they have only recently been allowed to put it in the Amazon app store.

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4413 on: August 22, 2017, 01:00:37 pm »
My Sportsmania has expired so went to renew it yesterday and the only option is a 2 week renewal? Anybody experienced this?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4414 on: August 22, 2017, 01:01:21 pm »
My Sportsmania has expired so went to renew it yesterday and the only option is a 2 week renewal? Anybody experienced this?

Check the SM thread
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4415 on: August 22, 2017, 05:45:36 pm »
I've just signed up so I will let you know later how I get on with it.It is bound to work better than before though as they have only recently been allowed to put it in the Amazon app store.

Please do! Thanks

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4416 on: August 22, 2017, 06:32:39 pm »
Check the SM thread
I thought there was a SM thread but couldn't find it. Turns out it was on the first page :duh

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4417 on: August 22, 2017, 07:31:22 pm »
Please do! Thanks

Just had a quick fiddle with it & if I use a Buffalo NY server I got 11mbps and when I used one in London I got 23mbps (I top out between 55-60 normally) and we just had sky1 on 1080p and it streamed perfecty (using the US server as well)..

I won't be able to really check it out and fiddle with the settings until tomorrow but so far so good and you get 7 days to decide if you want your money back.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4418 on: August 22, 2017, 07:49:51 pm »
Just had a quick fiddle with it & if I use a Buffalo NY server I got 11mbps and when I used one in London I got 23mbps (I top out between 55-60 normally) and we just had sky1 on 1080p and it streamed perfecty (using the US server as well)..

I won't be able to really check it out and fiddle with the settings until tomorrow but so far so good and you get 7 days to decide if you want your money back.

Good stuff, thanks fella.  I may give it another whirl.  :)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4419 on: August 23, 2017, 10:48:36 pm »
Good stuff, thanks fella.  I may give it another whirl.  :)

Used it for tonights football and it didn't skip a beat,I have set it up to start when the stick powers up and it automatically chooses the fastest server or you can choose to connect to last server.Also put it on my phone and it gave the exact same speed test result as the stick did.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #4420 on: August 26, 2017, 11:20:28 pm »
Arez wizard looking for pin to update ?

Offline Alecs left foot

• Main Stander
  • Grumpy old fart.
« Reply #4421 on: August 28, 2017, 05:14:24 pm »
I have an MX PRO  box that I don't use. If anyone wants it. they are welcome to it.
Price 1 swizzle lolly. I live in Runcorn.  Just get in touch if you are interested.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4422 on: August 28, 2017, 10:45:32 pm »
Does anyone know how to sort the lip sync out on exodous covenant etc

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4423 on: August 28, 2017, 11:15:33 pm »
Does anyone know how to sort the lip sync out on exodous covenant etc

Press your menu button to bring the player controls up --> click on the speaker --> click on audio offset and shift the slider.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4424 on: August 29, 2017, 08:01:43 am »
When clicking on the streams via convenant, i seem to be getting a lot of "register via website" prompts, i think it mentions a pin of some sort.  These seem to be appearing more and more often.  In fact, i watched a great copy of guardians of the galaxy 2 last week, i installed a fresh build (durex) for a family last night, when i tried testing the same movie i couldnt open the HD links, all of them were that register via website, the links i was able to open were all cams.  Strange.  I might go back to using the blackbox/paradox build.

Do you think its something to do with the Durex build im using? maybe the stream providers are setup to show these register links etc first?  The links havent been working great of late, i have to really hunt for links.

I've heard people mention trakt (sp?), am i right in saying this sorts out links for you?  I know nothing about it, i may have to look into setting something like that up.  Does it cost anything?

Thanks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4425 on: August 29, 2017, 08:20:05 am »
When clicking on the streams via convenant, i seem to be getting a lot of "register via website" prompts, i think it mentions a pin of some sort.  These seem to be appearing more and more often.  In fact, i watched a great copy of guardians of the galaxy 2 last week, i installed a fresh build (durex) for a family last night, when i tried testing the same movie i couldnt open the HD links, all of them were that register via website, the links i was able to open were all cams.  Strange.  I might go back to using the blackbox/paradox build.

Do you think its something to do with the Durex build im using? maybe the stream providers are setup to show these register links etc first?  The links havent been working great of late, i have to really hunt for links.

I've heard people mention trakt (sp?), am i right in saying this sorts out links for you?  I know nothing about it, i may have to look into setting something like that up.  Does it cost anything?

Thanks

Trakt doesn't do anything with links it just enables you to keep track of what you watch create watchlists etc.

Only thing that will get you better links is a real debrid account which will resolve premium links for you. This isn't s free service but is quite reasonably priced.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4426 on: August 29, 2017, 10:29:29 am »
When clicking on the streams via convenant, i seem to be getting a lot of "register via website" prompts, i think it mentions a pin of some sort.

If it's the "Go to this site, authorise and enter the PIN" ones, I've had mixed experiences..

- They DO work, they authorise your IP address for a few hours
- But on Windows they have nasty ads
- So on my Android devices they work as you'd expect - doesn't matter what device, as long as it's on your wifi / network

I tend to like them, as I think it puts people off.. so they always load, and they're frequently in HD. If I use my phone, it's quick and easy to authorise for a bingewatch.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4427 on: August 29, 2017, 02:07:27 pm »

Thanks

The hosts have started removing links once they have been watched a certain ammount of times,that has really effected how many HD/1080p results that you get & Google links are raely showing up anymore and they were always the best ones,has nothing to do with the build.

The pop up that you get,they are all fine,just go to the site on your phone or laptop and pair,then you get 3hrs before you have to do it again (I have never had any dodgy ads myself but then I have adblocker).to be honest I rarely watch movies or shows on Kodi anymore,I always use the Terrarium,MovieHD and Showbox apps,far less pissing about searching for a decent link.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4428 on: August 29, 2017, 05:59:20 pm »
Thanks for the replies folks, i didnt realise the pair prompt was relatively safe to click on.  I'll give that a shot next time.

Thanks again

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #4429 on: September 10, 2017, 09:58:11 am »
Which addon(s) do you use to watch TV shows and films? I've been using Exodus for TV shows and it's been alright. But yesterday I tried watching a film and it didn't work too well to say the least; also tried Rising Tides, Elysium and Genesis Reborn without any better luck. Are these good generally and I simply had bad luck? Are there any other addons that are worth giving a try? I've also seen Terrarium being mentioned in this thread, but that's just for Android, right?

Thanks in advance.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #4430 on: September 10, 2017, 10:31:23 am »
Which addon(s) do you use to watch TV shows and films? I've been using Exodus for TV shows and it's been alright. But yesterday I tried watching a film and it didn't work too well to say the least; also tried Rising Tides, Elysium and Genesis Reborn without any better luck. Are these good generally and I simply had bad luck? Are there any other addons that are worth giving a try? I've also seen Terrarium being mentioned in this thread, but that's just for Android, right?

Thanks in advance.

Exodus has been discontinued by its author so it will continue to work but as time goes on less and less link will function as they are no longer being updated.
Most people are using Covenant (from the same stable as Exodus/Genesis). If you want a smooth experience with kodi you should consider using a debrid service - realdebrid being th e best value. This is easy to configure within kodi and will give you many more good quality links. About 19$ for 6 months access but you can get shorter periods while you try it out.

Terrarium seems to be everyone's goto source atm but yes it's for android only. I prefer kodi and havent used the others such as showbox etc

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #4431 on: September 10, 2017, 10:45:42 am »
Exodus has been discontinued by its author so it will continue to work but as time goes on less and less link will function as they are no longer being updated.
Most people are using Covenant (from the same stable as Exodus/Genesis). If you want a smooth experience with kodi you should consider using a debrid service - realdebrid being th e best value. This is easy to configure within kodi and will give you many more good quality links. About 19$ for 6 months access but you can get shorter periods while you try it out.

Terrarium seems to be everyone's goto source atm but yes it's for android only. I prefer kodi and havent used the others such as showbox etc
Cheers for the info! Will give Covenant a go then for Kodi and look into realdebrid. I just tried Terrarium though and it seems to work very well, a lot of HD links (for the few films and TV series I tried at least), so I'll give them both a go for the moment being. Thanks again!

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4432 on: September 10, 2017, 11:42:22 am »
Cheers for the info! Will give Covenant a go then for Kodi and look into realdebrid. I just tried Terrarium though and it seems to work very well, a lot of HD links (for the few films and TV series I tried at least), so I'll give them both a go for the moment being. Thanks again!
A little tip for Terrarium, if you have issues with audio sync you can open a movie link in Kodi/SPMC and then use the player controls to adjust the audio.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4433 on: September 10, 2017, 03:20:30 pm »

Thanks in advance.

Mavericktv,At the flix (same films as Mavtv),Electra,Elysium (sign up for a Alluc account and put your details in for better results),SALTS,BOB unleashed,Stream Hub,Movie addictz,Openload Movies,Bennu,White devil streams,Wolfpack,Film Emporium,thepyramid,1080pmovies,Supra box (new and decent),Supremacy & the delorean are all working and decent.Pretty sure that Rising Tides is just livetv unless they have added content recently.

I mainly use Mavtv/at the flix,Electra,openload,Salts,elysium and bob on kodi but I mainly use apps nowadays,Terrarium,MovieHD and Showbox for catch up and rarely open kodi unless I want to use my paid add-on.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 03:26:03 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline MikaelLFC

• King of the Stream
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wir glauben, Jürgen
« Reply #4434 on: September 12, 2017, 03:42:09 pm »

Cheers for the info! I'll keep all of this in mind the next time I give it a try :wave

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #4435 on: September 12, 2017, 06:32:18 pm »
Anybody recommend a decent Android box from Amazon? Seen a few decent ones in the 30-40 range, just curious if anybody has bought one and would recommend?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4436 on: September 12, 2017, 10:38:25 pm »
Anybody recommend a decent Android box from Amazon? Seen a few decent ones in the 30-40 range, just curious if anybody has bought one and would recommend?

Are you going to use a wired connection ?

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4437 on: September 16, 2017, 12:10:53 pm »
What's the best box around atm then for that will be compatible with the latest Kodi/Android? My box isn't compatible and all the apps I'm trying to install through it won't work now so time to upgrade. Fire tv stick any good? Seen there's a new version this year which seems to be getting good reviews. Anybody using that with the latest kodi?
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #4438 on: September 16, 2017, 12:20:15 pm »
What's the best box around atm then for that will be compatible with the latest Kodi/Android? My box isn't compatible and all the apps I'm trying to install through it won't work now so time to upgrade. Fire tv stick any good? Seen there's a new version this year which seems to be getting good reviews. Anybody using that with the latest kodi?

Am using Fire TV box with kodi installed - works fine.  Prefer the box because you can hard wire it.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4439 on: September 16, 2017, 01:27:43 pm »

I have a box and a couple of sticks and to be honest I nearly always use the stick unless I am wanting a 4k movie,for the money it is the best value because a box that also has dual wifi is near enough double the price.

Have you tried using a fork before you sack your box off completely ?   FTMC,Nodi & spmc all run the latest add-ons,not tried them myself but they are supposed to be spot on.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:29:14 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »