Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho  (Read 122747 times)

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2022, 09:45:29 am »
I do remember Edwards convince Klopp of Salah of him exploiting the spaces that Firmino.

You sure that's right?  One of the greatest managers of the game had to have potential tactics explained to him by Edwards?  Seems a little iffy, that.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2022, 09:46:25 am »
I do remember Edwards convince Klopp of Salah of him exploiting the spaces that Firmino. They recruiting for the roles. formation how it played it very hybird of 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 mix. Klopp has gone to 4-2-3-1 multiple times this year, He did with milner/Hendo on the final day with Firmino as 10. Vs Forest he moved Jota central and moved Ox and Elliott on opposites sides instead of so close. Probably other times. But it like a hybird of the 2 normally and can go more clear on it at times.
Carvalho my guess is understudy for Firmino Role and also be a #10 when needing to go the 4-2-3-1. Probably can also play LW role too.

Yeah people keep saying this but do we really want a false 9 without much physical presence? Minamino has barely played there and he profiles as a 10 in lots of ways. Jota has played there less and less over the season and he's perhaps a bigger threat down the middle than from the left. 

As for the roles thing, yes I agree. And if Klopp wants a goalscoring attacking midfield who gets into the box lots then perhaps Carvalho will play as an 8. But his 8s don't fulfill that 'role' a huge amount of the time.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2022, 11:14:42 am »
He will become one of the best in his position under Klopp guidance.
Believer

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2022, 09:05:11 pm »
He’s an outstanding talent, who was wanted by Real Madrid and everyone else.

First touch, balance, footballing intelligence, not going off the rails due to fame and fortune. And, most important of all, being coachable.

Those are the attributes needed.

Everything else - Klopp and the coaching staff will take care of.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 09:08:10 pm by FLRed67 »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2022, 09:47:08 pm »
You sure that's right?  One of the greatest managers of the game had to have potential tactics explained to him by Edwards?  Seems a little iffy, that.

Klopp was looking at Julian Brandt and it was the analytics team being constantly in Klopps ear that made Jurgen go for him instead, so its not about explaining tactics, more that they saw in Mo what Jurgen needed when he didn't.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2022, 10:29:00 pm »

He is the first to admit he depends on people around him for making decisions. So yes he is one of the greatest manager, most managers cannot take advice so easily. Brandt was being actively scouted and by all accounts salah was a fallback option. Edwards who was responsible for analytics and scouting previously is pretty much a knowledgeable guy as this team is built on his expertise as well. Klopp being great does not mean we have to put down others like Edwards. If he is not discussing players and their fitment in the team with klopp then he wouldn’t be doing his primary job. Anyways, we would never know exactly how the decision was made but it is not iffy given what we have heard many times from Klopp himself on how he works.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2022, 10:38:28 pm »
Could he be included in the CL squad since he is now registered with us, under 19 and considered homegrown according to Liverpool Echo?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2022, 10:41:09 pm »
Could he be included in the CL squad since he is now registered with us, under 19 and considered homegrown according to Liverpool Echo?

He won’t be a Liverpool player till July 1st.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2022, 11:23:19 pm »
Welcome Fabio.  Hopefully he is the long term bobby replacement. 

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2022, 02:03:25 am »
Or the Manager is willing to listen to other people and help him be even better.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2022, 02:08:13 am »
Yeah people keep saying this but do we really want a false 9 without much physical presence? Minamino has barely played there and he profiles as a 10 in lots of ways. Jota has played there less and less over the season and he's perhaps a bigger threat down the middle than from the left. 

As for the roles thing, yes I agree. And if Klopp wants a goalscoring attacking midfield who gets into the box lots then perhaps Carvalho will play as an 8. But his 8s don't fulfill that 'role' a huge amount of the time.
I mean Most of the time when Liverpool sends the create the contest ball it Mane or Mo on the wing. Good at finding the space is something that very important in that role. Gini has played that role before, he might not as physical as other but he very strong in the core, hard to take the ball from, etc. That the key.
Jota a better goal threat from the middle but the system feel way more disjointed when he there. FIrmino and Mane in that role both have the system working better.
His number profile has a final 3rd player more middle third player

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2022, 03:18:35 pm »
Harvey Elliott on Fabio Carvalho:

"He was my favourite player to play with as a youngster to be honest at Fulham. Me and him had a great connection, on the pitch as well as off the pitch and I will definitely look after him when he arrives." [Liverpool Echo]

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: June 6, 2022, 05:44:57 pm »
Liverpool are planning to use Fabio Carvalho as a forward option this season with a view to playing in midfield in the longer term. [Paul Joyce]

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #94 on: June 6, 2022, 05:48:15 pm »
Better get him a song or he’ll be off by the start of the season.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: June 9, 2022, 08:21:30 pm »
PFA Championship team of the year - not bad at 18.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #96 on: June 9, 2022, 09:16:32 pm »
PFA Championship team of the year - not bad at 18.

Along with Harry Wilson (and Solanke).
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2022, 01:45:07 pm »
Along with Harry Wilson (and Solanke).
It's good to see them doing well.  Both will have good careers but clearly not at the standard of our current squad.

Hopefully Brewster can kickstart his career as he was arguably the most talented of that trio.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2022, 09:14:57 am »
Carvalho is brilliant. I have watched him play for a long while and he really does have the ability to get into that elite level of young players in this country.

I think he will get a lot more games than people expect. This is a guy that could have stayed with Fulham, played the full season as first choice in the PL and caught the attention of every club. He is only coming here if he has been told he is a first team player.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: June 12, 2022, 09:38:43 am »
Carvalho is brilliant. I have watched him play for a long while and he really does have the ability to get into that elite level of young players in this country.

I think he will get a lot more games than people expect. This is a guy that could have stayed with Fulham, played the full season as first choice in the PL and caught the attention of every club. He is only coming here if he has been told he is a first team player.

Can you say a bit more about the kind of player he is? Is he a pacy winger? Dribbler like Coutinho. Want to understand what he’ll add to the team.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: June 12, 2022, 10:10:55 am »
Can you say a bit more about the kind of player he is? Is he a pacy winger? Dribbler like Coutinho. Want to understand what he’ll add to the team.

He is an attacking midfielder that played off the left. In that sense he is like Coutinho but Coutinho was a creative hub where he looks to get on the ball a lot, so definitely closer to a midfielder. Carvalho however is all about progression, off the ball movement and linking up with the striker, so more a forward.

His off the ball movement is exceptional and whats great is how many goalscoring positions he is getting into.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2022, 10:19:56 am »
Yeah he's a proper give and go player, always moving.

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2022, 10:37:56 am »
Sounds interesting and perhaps someone who can play off Nunez (which we don’t have right now).

In general, with Carvalho and Nunez, it seems we are prioritising signing attackers with excellent movement. May help solve the low block issue.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2022, 10:57:26 am »
I do remember Edwards convince Klopp of Salah of him exploiting the spaces that Firmino.

The role of the Coach is to outline the attributes he wants for a certain position. He would then illustrate those requirements with the suggestion of a player. It is then the job of the recruitment team to draw up a shortlist of players with the required attributes.

The Coach then gets to choose the player he wants. It is a huge leap to suggest that Edwards was in anyway involved in Jurgens tactical approach. Coaches simply do not have the time to assess a huge number of players. That is where the recruitment team do their job.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2022, 12:23:23 pm »
Looks a bit special  from the clips I've seen and tailor made to be a number 10 behind a prolific striker. If that striker is Nunez then a 4-2-3-1 seems even more likely as it reduces the focus on the number 9 having to link play (apparently one of Nunez' weaknesses) and allows him to focus on what he's good at, drifting wide and scoring goals. The prospect of the two combining is exciting.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2022, 11:56:36 pm »
He is an attacking midfielder that played off the left. In that sense he is like Coutinho but Coutinho was a creative hub where he looks to get on the ball a lot, so definitely closer to a midfielder. Carvalho however is all about progression, off the ball movement and linking up with the striker, so more a forward.

His off the ball movement is exceptional and whats great is how many goalscoring positions he is getting into.
He also has the physical ability to press well, As good as Countinho was his ability to press and do it over 90 was an issue.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2022, 07:14:03 am »

Given the Nunez news I think we can safely say no we don't want a false 9 without much physical presence!

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2022, 10:12:52 am »

Interesting. Try him at no.10 and also at CM. How is his medium to longer range passing?.

Offline KloppRoy

• Main Stander
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2022, 07:09:21 pm »
Really excited about him. after we nearly signed him in January i watched fulham 4 or 5 times he was really good. At his age he was easily ahead of Mount when he was at Derby and he looks a proper player. Will be intersting to see the pecking order between 3 talented young lads in Carvalho Elliott and Jones. they dont all play the same position but they will certainly push each other for game time.

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2022, 09:14:35 pm »
Really excited about him. after we nearly signed him in January i watched Fulham 4 or 5 times he was really good. At his age he was easily ahead of Mount when he was at Derby and he looks a proper player. Will be interesting to see the pecking order between 3 talented young lads in Carvalho Elliott and Jones. they don't all play the same position but they will certainly push each other for game time.

I'm as excited about this kid -- if not more so -- as I am Nunez. Fabio's a real star in the making and I'm glad he seems to have gone under the radar as far as other clubs' fans are concerned.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 10:09:03 pm by Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér »
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2022, 09:59:23 pm »
any news on a shirt number?

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2022, 12:31:59 am »

Excellent. I'm not familiar with this player, but from the few highlights I've seen he seems to 'arrive' a lot, which I think is promising. I think that sort of attacker fits our football way better than a ball central a la Coutinho would do.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2022, 02:04:04 am »
Think the five subs means he'll get plenty of game time. I also think he's going to exceed all expectations. Really exciting signing.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Paul1611

• Kopite
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2022, 01:01:02 pm »
any news on a shirt number?

10 I reckon ;)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2022, 01:03:09 pm »
Think the five subs means he'll get plenty of game time. I also think he's going to exceed all expectations. Really exciting signing.

agreed - he's acclimated to English football - seems fearless with a desire to improve. he does remind me of coutinho - just a touch quicker - which is really exciting.

he will have ups and downs of course - but the 5 subs rule is huge because we can get him some "easy" minutes from time to time as well to help him adjust to the PL and how we play.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2022, 01:07:47 pm »
Just hope he doesn't have 20 long range efforts every game like Coutinho loved to do.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2022, 01:08:01 pm »
Didn’t realise he was only 19 , very impressive at Fulham last season

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2022, 01:19:49 pm »
Seen bits of him since January when we were first seriously linked.

Looks a very tidy player, small, but incredibly technical. Hoping he can be something like our Foden. As much as I dislike the club, Foden's a very tidy player.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2022, 03:02:41 pm »
agreed - he's acclimated to English football

I hope so. He's being playing it since he was 10!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2022, 05:09:59 pm »
He’s an outstanding talent, who was wanted by Real Madrid and everyone else.

First touch, balance, footballing intelligence, not going off the rails due to fame and fortune. And, most important of all, being coachable.

Those are the attributes needed.

Everything else - Klopp and the coaching staff will take care of.
Yep, you've pretty much nailed the weaker areas of my game there. :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.