Author Topic: Spirit of Shankly  (Read 81906 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #840 on: August 4, 2021, 11:45:36 am »
OMG

..and OMG to anyone else in the same mindset too.
I find it hard to believe anyone would have anything to do with that rag in absolutely any way at all.
Aghast..

Brilliant, lets not try to reach out to people who don't vote Labour and instead have a Tory government for the rest of eternity. Sounds like a good plan right?  ::)  purity politics doesn't work.

Do I like it? No
Do I want them to do it? No, I'd rather they stayed away
Do I realise that Labour has to reach out to the people who read what is still the most read 'newspaper' in the country and one that has back every Prime Minister since the 70s? Yes, I do.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2021, 11:48:23 am by Welshred »

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #841 on: August 4, 2021, 12:45:50 pm »
Brilliant, lets not try to reach out to people who don't vote Labour and instead have a Tory government for the rest of eternity. Sounds like a good plan right?  ::)  purity politics doesn't work.

Do I like it? No
Do I realise that Labour has to reach out to the people who read what is still the most read 'newspaper' in the country and one that has back every Prime Minister since the 70s? Yes, I do.

You'd sell your soul.

Congratulations.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #842 on: August 4, 2021, 03:16:16 pm »
In order to reach the morons who read that rag, you don't actually have to collaborate with that rag. There are other ways.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: August 4, 2021, 05:03:47 pm »
In order to reach the morons who read that rag, you don't actually have to collaborate with that rag. There are other ways.

maybe they're just not the people you want to align with in the first place, imo.
YNWA.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #844 on: August 4, 2021, 05:46:10 pm »

"Collaborate" is a strong word for what Streeting did. He wrote a column, presumably advocating Labour policy. If we're gonna judge him then let's at least not load the dice. 

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #845 on: August 4, 2021, 07:16:46 pm »
lan Byrne MP
@IanByrneMP
·
3 Aug
Any Labour MP writing in this rag defies belief but in the week the 97th victim of Hillsborough was unlawfully killed shows little understanding or worse indifference to victims & survivors.
I will be asking to address the PLP on what solidarity to my city entails.
#JFT97

https://twitter.com/IanByrneMP/status/1422471063791939609?s=20
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: August 5, 2021, 01:53:05 am »
Its not just he wrote a column for the rag, that's bad enough and is not excused by appealing to potential Labour voters, in my opinion, there are other avenues.

It's the nature of his reply, no prefacing it with any acknowledgement or understanding of the plight of the families and survivors, who've just seen the state fuck up yet another trail, another travesty, another Judge dismissing arguments on dodgy grounds holding no one to account for their unlawful killing, their slaughter,  their lies, their cover up, the utter misery they've inflicted on us. No acknowledgement of the pain faced by Andrew Devine's family, for the past 32 years. just a stark statement of his intent, yeah we get it we're not important enough for an  qualifying sentence, I'm doing it anyway, live with it.

Even if he was right in his reasoning, he should hold his head in shame for the contempt and arrogance and lack of thought that runs through that reply. I want rid of this Charlatan Johnston before he destroys the NHS, I want a Labour Government as much as anyone but when our side are in the wrong we need to say so, Jack Straw's actions nearly buried our fightback, Wes Streetings actions aren't comparable but he needs telling a bit of humbleness towards those who've literally given up their lives to get to 'The Truth' wouldn't go amiss.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Reply #847 on: August 5, 2021, 06:46:23 am »
What's wrong with trying to reach out to as many people as possible to get your message across? We'd all prefer Labour didn't do it but to get back into power they'll have to do some things we don't like. Politics isn't pure and its incredibly myopic to think otherwise.

what,, whats wrong with talking to the s#n,  I think to need to clear this up
Allez Allez Allez.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: August 5, 2021, 08:38:15 am »
"Collaborate" is a strong word for what Streeting did. He wrote a column, presumably advocating Labour policy. If we're gonna judge him then let's at least not load the dice. 
I stand by the word 1000000000000000000%.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #849 on: August 5, 2021, 08:57:08 am »

It's the nature of his reply, no prefacing it with any acknowledgement or understanding of the plight of the families and survivors....No acknowledgement of the pain faced by Andrew Devine's family, for the past 32 years. just a stark statement of his intent, yeah we get it we're not important enough for an  qualifying sentence, I'm doing it anyway, live with it.

I do agree with this. The snub seemed calculated. He should remember who Labour's friends are and talk to them accordingly. He should remember the hurt caused and at least try to soothe it. If you're to write for such a newspaper, even with the laudable aim of winning votes for the Labour party, you need to address the reasons why good people think you shouldn't.

But I'm surprised that 24.7 is so committed to the word 'collaboration'. I honestly am mate. What project are they collaborating on?

It's interesting too that Tony Benn's comment from 2000 is now doing the rounds. This was from a time when the memory of Hillsborough was even more raw, and when the road to justice could hardly be seen. And yet Benn, the darling of the Labour left, seemed to be asking for a S*n column even when the S*n hadn't offered him one.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #850 on: August 5, 2021, 08:59:06 am »

Do I like it? No

fuck them....it's a despicable stain on UK culture...anyone who reads it is a dickhead....anyone who writes for it is a shithouse
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: August 5, 2021, 09:11:42 am »
Collaboration in connection with a specific project is only one definition.

The fact he has made zero effort to soothe things also proved to me he's a total knobhead.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #852 on: August 7, 2021, 12:32:07 pm »
Good letter Joe....and a nice response to Streeting from Ian Byrne there too. Streeting, so out of touch - is it any wonder many former Labour voters are turned off.

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Reply #853 on: August 7, 2021, 02:01:25 pm »
Good letter Joe....and a nice response to Streeting from Ian Byrne there too. Streeting, so out of touch - is it any wonder many former Labour voters are turned off.

the fact its an issue says otherwise, a Tory saying the same thing wouldn't even been noticed   
Allez Allez Allez.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: June 24, 2022, 02:08:51 pm »
Is something happening today?
For a while I've had a note in my work diary noting SOS boycott of Uefa sponsors?

Fuck knows why I've noted that :)

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #855 on: June 24, 2022, 02:39:22 pm »
Is something happening today?
For a while I've had a note in my work diary noting SOS boycott of Uefa sponsors?

Fuck knows why I've noted that :)
Not seen anything, they usually email or post on Instagram etc if somethings happening.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: October 2, 2022, 03:59:13 pm »
Our mate Perez with his latest quote.  :D

Florentino Pérez on the Super League:

"Nadal and Djokovic have played against 59 times, is this boring? Real Madrid and Liverpool have only met 9 times in 67 years. What's the point of depriving fans of these matches?"

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #857 on: July 25, 2023, 10:52:07 pm »
As Pride in Liverpool returns to the city this Saturday, 29 July, Spirit of Shankly will again march alongside our friends and colleagues Kop Outs.

Pride is a time for the LGBT+ community to come together and celebrate. In solidarity with Ukraine this year, Liverpool will host Kyiv’s annual pride march, welcoming Ukrainian delegates and community members from across the UK and Europe.

The theme for 2023 is Shout it Loud. Harking back to the first-ever pride marches where standing up and shouting loud for rights were so important, it will hopefully encourage local LGBT+ people to be their authentic selves and proud of who they are.

We are proud to stand alongside Kop Outs in their work to tackle discrimination in football and show active allyship by speaking out against hate crimes. And we encourage all our members and supporters to strive for the rights of all LGBT+ people to live their lives absolutely and without persecution. Join us on Saturday.

March With Pride

Saturday 29 July, St George's Plateau from10:30am

Speeches 11:15am

March leaves 12noon

We will share locations and details of events throughout the day on our social media channels.

For further information, please contact secretary@spiritofshankly.com.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #858 on: August 1, 2023, 07:49:22 am »
New charter being launched this season to tackle fan behaviour and tragedy chanting. Could lead to Stadium bans and potentially criminal charges

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvYIGD6M6uG/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #859 on: August 1, 2023, 11:51:35 am »

Some cracking pictures at the Pride In Liverpool... (https://prideinliverpool.co.uk & https://twitter.com/PrideInLpool)

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #860 on: August 2, 2023, 07:50:10 am »